Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:41 PM

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:21 PM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Hassan V debunker

(Read 73155 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Hassan V debunker
     Reply #90 - January 21, 2010, 03:28 PM

All other Christians are fucking hypocrites and they hate JWs because by practicing true Christianity, they expose the hypocracy of the other so-called Christians.

This is an extraordinary statement both for its bigotry and its inaccuracy.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #91 - January 21, 2010, 04:28 PM

Which is understood and expected.

Why is it expected to have no evidence for monotheistic beliefs despite them being older than polythiestic ones according to you, when we have evidence for polytheist beliefs?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #92 - January 21, 2010, 04:35 PM

Quote from: debunker
    All other Christians are fucking hypocrites and they hate JWs because by practicing true Christianity, they expose the hypocracy of the other so-called Christians.

So far we have shown a certain degree of tolerance & respect towards your beliefs, and at the very least have not sworn at your group of believers, despite multiple posts by multiple people. 

Please show that same respect towards other groups of believers.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #93 - January 21, 2010, 04:56 PM

"all other christians are fucking hypocrites"

Sorry Mr Debunker, but that just drops any respect I might have had for you down quite a lot. It's one thing to talk and clarify about your own religion. But for a Muslim to declare "takfir" on Christians and to think he has the right to claim what is true Christianity is very very hypocritical and bigoted.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #94 - January 21, 2010, 05:02 PM

This is an extraordinary statement both for its bigotry and its inaccuracy.

Yep, he's kind of blown it at a very early stage. I am vacating my ringside seat. Cry

Ha Ha.
     Reply #95 - January 21, 2010, 05:06 PM

Yep, he's kind of blown it at a very early stage. I am vacating my ringside seat. Cry

Even more funny when you realize Hassan hasn't even replied  Cheesy

Hassan just ruined my joke  Cry
     Reply #96 - January 21, 2010, 05:16 PM

@Debunker

I know you are busy debating with many people here so I dont really expect an answer to my question as I dont want to over burden you. YOu may reply whenever you wish . Why should finite  sin on earth be result into  infinite punishment? The equation should be simple. Finite sin ->Finite punishment. Why torture for eternity?
     Reply #97 - January 21, 2010, 06:18 PM

Excellent recent point made by hassan on the ringside thread

Quote from: hassan

From my point of view it is you who is rejecting and  insulting God - if there is a God.

Think about it.

If there is a God and he is not the God described in the Qur'an and Bible and he is truly greater and more wonderful than we can imagine, then who is really insulting him?

The one who says that he will torture people for eternity?  Or the one who say that if he does exist he would be far above such pointlessly sadistic behaviour?

Do you really think that a Wise and Merciful God would let people suffer eternal torture for coming to that conclusion - even if they were mistaken?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #98 - January 21, 2010, 07:00 PM

Jehova Witnesses are the only true Christians as far as the NT is concerned. They practice what they preach. They never go to war (not even for self-defense), they never vote and they keep themselves as detached as possible from the affairs of the world. All other Christians are fucking hypocrites and they hate JWs because by practicing true Christianity, they expose the hypocracy of the other so-called Christians.  Oh, I forgot to add they don't worship Jesus, simply because Jesus NEVER said to worship him (but worship his Father and call Him our Father).

What a hypocritical statement.  Since when do you get to decide what is 'true Christianity' ?  The J.W witnesses have been accused of following mistranslated texts and their movements are based on false prophecies as well.  They have changed their doctrines many times.  It is dishonest to say that you have really tried to consider all options simply by talking to some of the nutters of the Christian world.  It's almost as if you did it intentionally.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #99 - January 21, 2010, 07:06 PM

I don't know a great deal about JW apart from the doorstep encounters I've had (and not been impressed) - but this is a channel I have been following recently and these ex-Jehovas unsurprisingly have a dim view of the JWs. This is their most recent vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0rOhxRmDoY
     Reply #100 - January 22, 2010, 03:01 AM

@ ras

Jews? Prove it.

How can I prove it beyond using Islamic text quoting Arab Jews referring to God as Allah?

Housing all the deities that the Arabs worshiped including some Christian figures as well.  It was a pantheon.

So what? This doesn't preclude the possibility that it had no idols in it at all until they became polytheists. Monotheism, leave no artifcats, polytheism does.

Yes the pagan Arabs also believed in them apparently.  In Christianity there were cases of ancient pagan gods being portrayed as demons by the Catholic church.

So what?

Utter bollocks.  History shows that it is the other way round.  Saying that there is no proof is an utterly absurd statement.  All the ancient civilisations including the Hebrews and the Iranians started out as pagans.   Monotheism is the next step after polytheism.

What are you talking about? I have already discussed that with Iblis, please keep up with the conversation.

Oh and JW are not nutters.. people don't like them because they practice what they preach.

@ Iblis

"all other christians are fucking hypocrites"

Sorry Mr Debunker, but that just drops any respect I might have had for you down quite a lot. It's one thing to talk and clarify about your own religion. But for a Muslim to declare "takfir" on Christians and to think he has the right to claim what is true Christianity is very very hypocritical and bigoted.

Come on Iblis! Why are you blowing this out of proprtion? Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone by this. (but by the way, it is other Christians who show animosity towards JWs, not the other way around).

Anyway, regarding your other post discussing Islamic expansion. No one denies that the vast majority of Caliphs were absolute tyrants.

But I wonder if you knew that the seed for the first Islamic Civil war was planted when Umar and later Uthman rejected the army's demands to steal the lands of conquered people. Of course, after the death of Ali, and the Ummayads taking control everything changed radically for the worse.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #101 - January 22, 2010, 03:03 AM

@ sky

Actually, as of now I'll completely stop posting either here or in FFI.. I'll only engage in weekly discussions with Hassan if he accepts.

Regards.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #102 - January 22, 2010, 06:55 AM

Quote from: debunker
    Actually, as of now I'll completely stop posting either here or in FFI.. I'll only engage in weekly discussions with Hassan if he accepts.

What a shame. I have a few questions on your last post in the debate. Maybe Hassan can raise these with you, in his own words.

For example, what about primitive people in the amazon? Would they go to Hell? Answer: No. Because they know nothing about the idea of pure submission to the One Creator God.

What if those people of the Amazon, aborigines of Australia, Coyote of North America, Hindus in their remote village, etc. ate pig/boar meat, drank their home made alcohol, had illicit sex, listened to mundane music, worshipped idols/nature or simply sat on the toilet facing the wrong direction how can you justify they getting into heaven?

Why would Allah bother to send a message to people, if he knows that if people do not know that message they will go to heaven? It would seem as if the people who DO NOT receive the message are infinitely better off!

But if they have been given that message but somehow lapse in any little way he will torture them eternally? That sounds very much like he does CARE. It sounds like he is suffering from an inferiority complex - You don't do what I say so I'll make you suffer for eternity.

Another example: a Jew who read the Quran and HONESTLY didn't find it convincing, would they go to Hell? Answer: No. (3:64).

3:64 Say: O followers of the Book! come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah

This verse clearly says you must worship Allah. You might say this simply means God. But taken in context of the Qur'an this means the God who spoke the Qur'an and demanded that Muhammad be accepted as best and final prophet, that a number of prohibitions must be followed, that certain prayers must be said. Jews do not abide by the revelations of this God.

Q72:23 And whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger, then surely, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever.
    You must also obey Muhammad else you will food for the fire. Jews do not obey Muhammad.

Q98:06 Those who disbelieve, among the Christians, Jews and Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for good). They are the worst of creatures.
    Disbelief here means disbelief of the Muhammad's revelations. Hence Jews will be going to Hell.

The Jews who are accused of killing the prophets (the killing of Jesus) will taste the torment of Hell:
    Q3:181 Indeed, Allah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: ?Truly, Allah is poor and we are rich!? We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: ?Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire).?

An atheist who *honestly* doesn't know if the Creator truly exists (although I find that very, very hard to believe) then the answer is: No, they won't go to Hell.

Do you have any Qur'anic verse(s) to support this statement? Anyway as stated above this atheist can be performing all manner of haram actions yet go to heaven. Then what really is the point of God revealing anything? Is it just to put fear into people who are unfortunate enough to be in a region where is word is revealed? Is it make them act like robots programmed to follow his words or else?

BTW these atheists, people of the Amazon, etc., do they also get the houris when they get to heaven?

Based on the above I think Muslims should stop doing Dawah. According to your logic, if less people knew about Islam then more people will be going to heaven.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #103 - January 22, 2010, 07:51 AM

@ Ghazali

What a shame. I have a few questions on your last post in the debate. Maybe Hassan can raise these with you, in his own words.

Awwwww! Ok, only this once and very briefly too.

First off, I didn't say they'd go to paradise.
    Second, if someone steals or sins against others, then of course those are punished regardless of being Muslims or not.
    Third: I hope you didn't miss that we were discussing ETERNAL damnation.
    Fourth: Please read the first post. I clearly did mention the Heights (a place between Hell and Paradise). The men of Heights even call on the men of Hell and specify their sin: Pride, which automatically implies that the men of the Heights did not committ this sin themselves. (Apparently you have ignored the whole first post.)
    Fifth: We don't know how the men of the heights would be judged... or if they're even going to be judged... or if the Heights are their final abode... We just know that only pride-based disobedience guarantees eternal damnation.

Why would Allah bother to send a message to people, if he knows that if people do not know that message they will go to heaven? It would seem as if the people who DO NOT receive the message are infinitely better off!

See the example of the men of the heights above... we don't know how they will be judged... perhaps it would be easier for them if they received a message... we know nothing about them.

But if they have been given that message but somehow lapse in any little way he will torture them eternally? That sounds very much like he does CARE. It sounds like he is suffering from an inferiority complex - You don't do what I say so I'll make you suffer for eternity.

Hmmm? And who said anything about sins being punished *eternally*? God might even forgive these sins (He knows His slaves).

:64 Say: O followers of the Book! come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah

This verse clearly says you must worship Allah. You might say this simply means God. But taken in context of the Qur'an this means the God who spoke the Qur'an and demanded that Muhammad be accepted as best and final prophet, that a number of prohibitions must be followed, that certain prayers must be said. Jews do not abide by the revelations of this God.

Really? so that's the *common ground* between the Jews, Christians and Muslims? Following Muhammed? Try harder dear.

Q72:23 And whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger, then surely, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever.
    You must also obey Muhammad else you will food for the fire. Jews do not obey Muhammad.

First of all, the Surah is Meccan and the speech was directed at the Meccans... they got the message and God in numerous many verses accuses them of rejecting it out of pride, like He accused the Pharoah disobeying out of pride, just like the case of all other people who rejected the message of their prophets out of pride. Try something else... or you know what? Out of need for time, I'll have to stick with Hassan only.  

Q98:06 Those who disbelieve, among the Christians, Jews and Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for good). They are the worst of creatures.
    Disbelief here means disbelief of the Muhammad's revelations. Hence Jews will be going to Hell.

Oh please, read the verse before it! You know what? read for the beginning of the Surah.

The Jews who are accused of killing the prophets (the killing of Jesus) will taste the torment of Hell:
    Q3:181 Indeed, Allah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: ?Truly, Allah is poor and we are rich!? We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: ?Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire).?

So? Those who killed the prophets and those who wanted to kill Jesus will go to Hell. Surprise, surprise!

Do you have any Qur'anic verse(s) to support this statement? Anyway as stated above this atheist can be performing all manner of haram actions yet go to heaven. Then what really is the point of God revealing anything? Is it just to put fear into people who are unfortunate enough to be in a region where is word is revealed? Is it make them act like robots programmed to follow his words or else?

BTW these atheists, people of the Amazon, etc., do they also get the houris when they get to heaven?

See above. Read first post. Besides, like I explained in my second post to Hassan I find it very hard to believe atheists don't reject the Creator God out of pride (read ALL the second post).

Based on the above I think Muslims should stop doing Dawah. According to your logic, if less people knew about Islam then more people will be going to heaven.

See above. Read first post.

Now, a few verses for you to read (although judging by the fact that you think the common ground between Jews/Christians/Muslims is obeying Muhammed and judging by the rest of your post, I think it's pointless to show you any verses: 4:165; 2:112; 46:13).

So long!  

Reply #104 - January 22, 2010, 07:54 AM

After Debunkers last post in the dicussion thread i just had to say something.

First of all, so that you know debunker, im an atheist. I was raised completly nonreligious but out of curriosity i read the quran, the bible and many other religious texts.

Just to be clear, atheists are no group, nor an organisation, or a club or anything resembling a religion. Atheists question other Atheists. All that it means is "dousnt believe in a higher being or creator!" We are no community.

Now that is said, are you really thinking that atheists KNOW that  god exists but dont worship him because they wanna sin?! REALLY?!

I mean, i was never religious, and i never EVER thought that a god or gods meight exist. Just the assumption something could have created me out of purpous is ridicoulous to me.

But i agree with you... we are insiginificant when it comes to universal views. And that exactly makes my point. Religion only tries to make us mor importent then we really are. In Medival times we were the crown of creation, earth was given to us directly by god 6000 years ago etc. We were the center of the universe living on a flat disc.

Well, as you may know, thats not exactly true. So, over the last 2000 years, religion was slowly but steadily disproven piece by piece.

- We are not the center of the universe
    - The world is not flat
    - The world is Millions of years old
    - All live on earth evolved over this time period

There are MAAAAANY other points i could make. But, if only those four are completly wrong, concidered they are mentioned in the abrahamic texts (Bible, Quran and Torrah), how could anyone believe in those books? I mean, they are the word of god, right? So he got it wrong? Or did he just lie to us (wich you said he couldnt, wich is kind of contradictory to the omnipotent thing, but nvm. But i wonder how you know so much about god)

Im 26 years old, and so far i have to see one convincing sign of a creator god in this world. Everything is perfectly understandable without bringing a creator to it... so, if you can explain things without a creator, why dous it need one?

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #105 - January 22, 2010, 07:57 AM

@ DigDeep

thanks for your comment.

Reply #106 - January 22, 2010, 08:33 AM

@ sky

Regards.

shame, but I wish you all the best in your pursuit for the truth. 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #107 - January 22, 2010, 10:17 AM

How can I prove it beyond using Islamic text quoting Arab Jews referring to God as Allah?

Then you cannot say for certain how they referred to him.  It can be proved if one were to find a Jewish text that confirms this.

So what? This doesn't preclude the possibility that it had no idols in it at all until they became polytheists. Monotheism, leave no artifcats, polytheism does.

One does not necessarily need to leave idols.  Drawings and writings are also good.

So what?

Jinns are a carry over from the previous pagan religion

Oh and JW are not nutters.. people don't like them because they practice what they preach.

People don't like them because of what they preach and because of the way they control their members.  Even the Nazis practiced what they preached.  

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #108 - January 22, 2010, 11:36 AM

Nah, I don't like them because they would happily see a child die rather than allow it a blood transfusion.  Wink

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #109 - January 22, 2010, 11:49 AM

First of all, the Surah is Meccan and the speech was directed at the Meccans... they got the message and God in numerous many verses accuses them of rejecting it out of pride, like He accused the Pharoah disobeying out of pride, just like the case of all other people who rejected the message of their prophets out of pride.

Abrogate this!

Quran 5:70  As you can clearly see the Jews are cursed, till the end of time, Allah tried to help them

See above. Read first post. Besides, like I explained in my second post to Hassan I find it very hard to believe atheists don't reject the Creator God out of pride (read ALL the second post).

I dont think you really believe that do you?  Not only is it intellectually dishonest, but makes us look stupid that we would choose eternal torture over pride.  Put it this way, if I had to believe in a false deity in order to avoid a proven eternal damnation, then I would.  I hope that shows its not about pride.
    u know what? Out of need for time, I'll have to stick with Hassan only.  

you are beginning to sound a little childish

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #110 - January 22, 2010, 12:54 PM

Pride?! You really think i 'know' theres a creator god and i dont worship him out of PRIDE?!

Seriously, so far i was polite, but WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

It not only insults my intelligence but me as a person!

Im a reasonable, skepticly thinking guy, and i dont 'know' there is anything like a creator!!! In fact, i know every evidence we have (REAL evidence i mean. Stuff that can be proven!) points into the exact opposite direction.

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #111 - January 22, 2010, 02:58 PM

Amen. Thats what pissed me off about that point to, the arrogant presupposition that atheists/agnostics 'really' beleive in God and just wanna be badasses and disbobey. And of course the assumption that pride and disobedience are inherently wrong. Pride in ones reason and independence and disobedience towards a tyrant is not wrong - in fact it is required for any morally courageous human being. Smiley

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #112 - January 22, 2010, 03:34 PM

@ ras

Come on Iblis! Why are you blowing this out of proprtion? Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone by this. (but by the way, it is other Christians who show animosity towards JWs, not the other way around).

Salams Debunker

You have shown remarkable resolve in being even-tempered and civil in your discussions, so perhaps we should excuse your abuse of the majority of Christianity. It is interesting how you view JWs as real Christians. Does that mean that according to 3:64, only JWs will go to Heaven and the rest of Christianity will go to Hell?

If you examine your own journey:

You were a Muslim = Islam is the only truth

You became a deist = Deism is the only truth = Islam is false

You were very close to becoming a JW = Christianity is the only truth = Deism is false = Islam is false

You became a Muslim = Islam is the only truth = Christianity is false = Deism is false ........
     Reply #113 - January 22, 2010, 06:06 PM

How can it be mind boggling to him that some people don't believe in god?  does he believe in pixies and elves or dragons and unicorns, the tooth fairy or santa claus?

Belief is subjective, this should not be mind boggling at all.  Roll Eyes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #114 - January 22, 2010, 08:28 PM

First off, I didn't say they'd go to paradise.

Well if they are not going to hell then they will be going to paradise.

The Heights is only a temporary location where the people will meet before being judged to go to heaven or hell.

Read the tafsir:
    (And between them will be a screen) "It is the wall, it is Al-A`raf.'' Mujahid said, "Al-A`raf is a barrier between Paradise and the Fire, a wall that has a gate.'' Ibn Jarir said, "Al-A`raf is plural for `Urf, where every elevated piece of land is known as `Urf to the Arabs.'' As-Suddi said, "Al-A`raf is so named because its residents recognize (Ya`rifun) the people. Al-A`raf's residents are those whose good and bad deeds are equal, as Hudhayfah, Ibn `Abbas, Ibn Mas`ud and several of the Salaf and later generations said.'' Ibn Jarir recorded that Hudhayfah was asked about the people of Al-A`raf and he said, "A people whose good and bad deeds are equal. Their evil deeds prevented them from qualifying to enter Paradise, and their good deeds qualified them to avoid the Fire. Therefore, they are stopped there on the wall until Allah judges them.'' Ma`mar said that Al-Hasan recited this Ayah,

(and at that time they will not yet have entered it (Paradise), but they will hope to enter (it).) Then he said, "By Allah! Allah did not put this hope in their hearts, except for an honor that He intends to bestow on them.'' Qatadah said; "Those who hope are those among you whom Allah informed of their places.'' Allah said next,

(And when their eyes will be turned towards the dwellers of the Fire, they will say: "Our Lord! Place us not with the people who are wrongdoers.'') Ad-Dahhak reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "When the people of Al-A`raf look at the people of the Fire and recognize them, they will supplicate, `O Lord! Do not place us with the people who are wrongdoers.'''

(48. And the men on Al-A`raf will call unto the men whom they would recognize by their marks, saying: "Of what benefit to you was your gathering, and your arrogance'') (49. "Are they those, of whom you swore that Allah would never show them mercy (Behold! It has been said to them): `Enter Paradise, no fear shall be on you, nor shall you grieve.''') Allah states that the people of Al-A`raf will admonish some of the chiefs of the idolators whom they recognize by their marks in the Fire,

Second, if someone steals or sins against others, then of course those are punished regardless of being Muslims or not.

You going to punished once you are not a Muslim regardless of whether you sinned or not. That is the problem. The disbelievers are destined for hell.

Fourth: Please read the first post. I clearly did mention the Heights (a place between Hell and Paradise). The men of Heights even call on the men of Hell and specify their sin: Pride, which automatically implies that the men of the Heights did not committ this sin themselves. (Apparently you have ignored the whole first post.)

See above

Fifth: We don't know how the men of the heights would be judged... or if they're even going to be judged... or if the Heights are their final abode...

I repeat above from Ibn Kathir?s "Therefore, they are stopped there on the wall until Allah judges them. (and at that time they will not yet have entered it (Paradise), but they will hope to enter (it).) "

The Heights is just temporary to judge those Muslims who had some bad deeds and need Allah to judge whether their good or bad outweighs the other.

We just know that only pride-based disobedience guarantees eternal damnation.

You can't seriously believe that? All throughout the Qur'an in plain black and white the disbelievers are condemned to hell. Its got nothing to do with pride. People do not reject a God who can show clear evidence of itself because they feel they are too great to worship that God. Pride has absolutely nothing to do with rejecting God. Its all down to rational, logical thinking.

Really? so that's the *common ground* between the Jews, Christians and Muslims? Following Muhammed? Try harder dear.

I never said Muhammad was common ground between the 3. You said Jews were not going to hell because of 3:64. That verse says you must accept Allah. Jews do not accept Allah or his messenger.

First of all, the Surah is Meccan and the speech was directed at the Meccans... they got the message and God in numerous many verses accuses them of rejecting it out of pride, like He accused the Pharoah disobeying out of pride, just like the case of all other people who rejected the message of their prophets out of pride. Try something else... or you know what? Out of need for time, I'll have to stick with Hassan only.

The Qur'an is supposed to be clear, descended from a tablet in Heaven. A verse that says "And whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger, then surely, for him is the fire of Hell" with not qualification that it applies on to the Meccans is pointless nonsense. There is nothing there says its directed only to prideful Meccans. If it was then why is it not just a hadith. Why put it in a book directed to all mankind for all times.

Its simply a pathetic excuse for nonsense you cannot stomach to believe. And not prepared to debate hence your plea to stick with Hassan only

Oh please, read the verse before it! You know what? read for the beginning of the Surah.

The verse before it is:
    98:05 And they were not enjoined anything except that they should serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience, upright, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and that is the right religion.

That does not make an iota of difference. It says Islam is the right religion and Allah must be served, then the next verse say the Christians, Jews and Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire. You know why because they don't serve Allah. It has nothing to do with their pride, or their deeds. Its to do with the fact that they do not serve Allah.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #115 - January 22, 2010, 09:39 PM

Way to go Ghazali !  You've on my theological dream team podium with Omar K now, you'll both have to fight it out between you Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #116 - January 22, 2010, 09:41 PM

oh I couldn't resist commenting on Ghazali's

First off, Ibn Kathir et al are speculating left and right about the heights.

Second, yes of course I got to stick to Hassan.. no one here is better than him.. It saves time, and gives better results.

Reply #117 - January 23, 2010, 01:17 AM

Ok I know debunker will not respond but I couldn't help notice this:

1- The human soul IS eternal (7:172; 40:11)... consienceness isn't. Conscienceness can be distrupted by sleep, a coma or death, but the soul is eternal.

That actually doesn't make any sense since nothing is eternal except Allah.
    Eternal means something that has no beginining or end. If soul is eternal, then what is the need for God? If He created our souls, then our soul is not eternal..

If you're so devout, how come I am not dead?
     Reply #118 - January 23, 2010, 07:31 AM

On the spirit, soul, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPn5dXfTvA

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #119 - January 23, 2010, 10:40 AM

Ok I know debunker will not respond but I couldn't help notice this:

That actually doesn't make any sense since nothing is eternal except Allah.
    Eternal means something that has no beginining or end. If soul is eternal, then what is the need for God? If He created our souls, then our soul is not eternal..

QFT  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »