Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Hassan V debunker

(Read 73068 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Hassan V debunker
     Reply #60 - January 21, 2010, 12:44 AM

The Quran also said that Alexander the Great worshipped the god of Muhammad as well, if we come to that.  It makes sense when Muhammad was proclaiming himself as the seal of the prophets and the end of the line.  He was trying to get legitmacy.  Don't forget that this was a man who thought that all the other people's books were corrupted.

Edit.. Fuck double post.  I wanted to edit a previous message

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #61 - January 21, 2010, 12:46 AM

The Quran also said that Alexander the Great worshipped the god of Muhammad as well, if we come to that.  It makes sense when Muhammad was proclaiming himself as the seal of the prophets and the end of the line.  He was trying to get legitmacy.

Legitimacy? Old Christian missionary argument... if he wanted legitimacy, he would have invented a polytheistic religion far more friendly with that of his people..

Oh, and please don't speculate as to who Thul Qarnayn was...  

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #62 - January 21, 2010, 12:48 AM

Thul Qarnayn:  The man with two horns.  There was only one man was referred to with that title and who conquered the lands of the East.  Alexander the Great.  It is no speculation.

As for you argument.  Muhammad kept many elements of his people's religion, such as the Kaaba and jinns and the God Allah, and some of the rituals of people that lived during his time  

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #63 - January 21, 2010, 12:51 AM

if he wanted legitimacy, he would have invented a polytheistic religion far more friendly with that of his people..

No, I believe Muhammed truly believed in a singular God, just like you do.  He was raised by his grandfather, who was a Hanafis senior cleric who believed in monotheism and alcohol being banned etc  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #64 - January 21, 2010, 12:54 AM

Adding to the tradition was the epithet of Dzoul Darneim, "Sire with the two horns". On coins struck during the Greek Period, Alexander was often depicted wearing ram horns, and so local residents thought that he was buried beneath the mosque.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/alexandersearch.htm

Of course muslim scholars and I bet Debunker will say no this does not count, but Dhul-Qarnayn  mentioned was a monotheist, not a prophet, but a just ruler of the east and west. Some try to say it was Cyrus the great instead.

Of course scholars first mentioned Alexander the Great to fit this bill because he obviously does, only to recant this position when realizing he was a damn pagan.
     Reply #65 - January 21, 2010, 12:55 AM

wazzat

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #66 - January 21, 2010, 01:01 AM

@ billy

Big Daddy Mo merely projected filth onto the whole entire world that didn't follow his message, rather than the prophets of the past - and he declared himself the seal of the prophets, the final messenger, and the culmination of all that came before, and so white washing them made him look better by association, because he was in their line.

The filth was external - he and his associations were sanitised, and all else was jahil and kuffar and filthy.

Its not difficult to understand. He really was a crafty fella.

I just wanted to explain that we are not supposed to hate non-Muslims... here's my proof:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8380.msg208012#msg208012

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #67 - January 21, 2010, 01:02 AM

@ ras

Thul Qarnayn:  The man with two horns.  There was only one man was referred to with that title and who conquered the lands of the East.  Alexander the Great.  It is no speculation.

Oh... actually you just proved your theory.

As for you argument.  Muhammad kept many elements of his people's religion, such as the Kaaba and jinns and the God Allah, and some of the rituals of people that lived during his time.

Allah = capital-G God, Arab Jews and Christians even back then used this very word.

Kaba = temple (the Quran claims Abraham built it).. and I believe that polytheism is a severely deformed version of momotheism.

Jinn = demons (well, the bad Jinns anyway, which is different from the Bible where demons are fallen angels).

Anyway, polytheism is born of monotheism... there's no proof that mnotheism came first, but it's still plausible.

Reply #68 - January 21, 2010, 01:09 AM

Anyway, polytheism is born of monotheism... there's no proof that mnotheism came first, but it's still plausible.

No its not.   Zoroastrianism is the oldest monotheist religion, approx 3400 years ago.  The oldest polytheistic one that was written about, whose records survive, is an Egyptian polytheistic, sun-worshipping religion from 4,500 yrs old (and we have proof of this, so its far more plausible)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #69 - January 21, 2010, 01:13 AM

@ billy

I just wanted to explain that we are not supposed to hate non-Muslims... here's my proof:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=8380.msg208012#msg208012

The problem is, Islam as an actual practised faith does have a tendency to that dynamic of demonisation and castigation and separation, of viewing the kuffar as not fully realised as a human, because to be fully human is to be Muslim. I fear you are a bigger outcast among Muslims, than you are here, amongst ex-Muslims.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #70 - January 21, 2010, 02:01 AM

No its not.   Zoroastrianism is the oldest monotheist religion, approx 3400 years ago.  The oldest polytheistic one that was written about, whose records survive, is an Egyptian polytheistic, sun-worshipping religion from 4,500 yrs old (and we have proof of this, so its far more plausible)

Actually this is the first recorded monotheistic religion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten#The_Implementation_of_Atenism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atenism

Notice how the first recorded evidence of monotheism is closely linked to an imperial state... I will get back to that idea in a sec..

Debunker stating that "polytheism was born of monotheism" is totally baseless. There is no historical basis for such a claim. The earliest evidence of religious beliefs are animistic or purely pagan. From what we know so far, it's clear animism was the first form of human religious belief. And animism makes perfect sense for tribalistic hunter-gatherers - which is exactly what we were for hundreds of thousands of years. On an evolutionary level, monotheism is a very modern concept that is tied very closely to the growth of large transnational empires. Monotheism and imperial rule are intricately linked.

So basically, monotheism is not the natural state of man, as Muslims love claiming. There is zero evidence for this. The natural state of man is animistic and pagan, these are natural religions born out of a natural world. Monotheism is born out of an imperial mindset that came much later.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #71 - January 21, 2010, 02:27 AM

@ Iblis

of course there's no basis for my idea and I didn't claim that there was one.. I merely said it's a possibility that polytheism is born out of monotheism thus completely wiping out any signs of monotheism. Besides, what can prove monotheism (archelogically speaking?). a true monotheistic religion leaves no artifacts behind (no idols and such).

The only thing that could survive is text, but that too can be destroyed by later polytheistic generations.

As for imperialism, I agree.. Abrahamic religions are imperialistic (except Christianity), but pagan rome was imperialistic too.

Reply #72 - January 21, 2010, 02:30 AM

@ Islame

I read about Zoroastrianism.. it is not monotheism despite the claims. I'm not saying it couldn't have started out as purely monotheistic, though.

anyway, why is it not plausible that for different nations there were different prophets preaching the same message: pure submission to God? I know there is no evidence for this, which is expected (as I explained to Iblis)

Reply #73 - January 21, 2010, 02:36 AM

Sure, evidence of monotheism could have been wiped out... but its not just physical evidence. Religions tend to grow out of existing lifestyles. Our ancestors were small bands of hunter-gatherers for hundreds of thousands of years. They lived in world and lifestyle oriented around nature. Harvesting berries, nuts and fruits, following and hunting the migrating herds of herbivores - this was part of daily life. They're lives were intricately tied with nature on a very direct level. These kinds of societies of nomads tend to place divinity in animals, trees and sacred stones. This has always been the case, even modern day existing hunter gatherers do the same. Animistic religious beliefs are considered to be the oldest and there is mountains of both physical and sociological evidence for this case.

On the other hand there is zero evidence of any pre-historic monotheistic beliefs. The first time monotheism shows up on the historical record is in Atenism in ancient egypt, a wholly state sponsored attempt at consolidating and monopolizing religion. The Roman Empire was pagan.. but not for long, they eventually adopted one religion and one god in the form of Christianity. And the motivations were purely imperial. Monotheism has always been a psychological extension of imperial rulers as a way of controlling the masses and providing common moral precepts and commanding obedience from the very diverse tribes that ancient empires used to rule. Monotheism is an advanced human concept deeply linked to the rise of larger states.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #74 - January 21, 2010, 02:42 AM

Hi Debunker,

Specifically, the fact that almost every prophet was slandered in the OT while the opposite picture was given in the Quran made me wonder: if Muhammed invented the Quran and stole from the Bible, why did he have to clean up the image of other prophets? What's in it for him? If I were an imposter prophet claiming to be a continuation of prophets, I would have confirmed the filth against them to promote my own image.

I do not appreciate your lack of honesty as to your story with the koran. Because the above reason does not strike me as anything reasonable to return to the koran. Mohammed's entire claim to semi-godhood is that prophets are demi-gods. Mohammed then went to place himself above all the other prophets. 7th Heaven is for Mohammed and all.

As to the jews not depicting their prophets in the best of lights, what do you want? it works. It allowed them to develop a critical mind. They assign human faults to their king-prophets. And they grow up not worshiping the prophet-humans like the muslims are worshiping their prophet (because bending over several times a day while pronouncing someone's name is the definition of worship of such a person).

If you have any doubt if assigning human traits to the prophets works or not, then look at the 1 Billion muslim, being put in their place, every day, by few millions jews. I will take the human-prophets of the jews any day, over the god-prophet of islam/chrsitianity.

Of course, I also believe judaism is bullshit, but as far as bullshit goes, the judaic bull dances in circles around the islamic. Yet you claim that the reason you like the koran, i something along the lines that it worship its prophets.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #75 - January 21, 2010, 02:47 AM

Well tell that (the bolded part) to 2 Billion Christians... meaning? Prophets are still followed regardless...   

You are looking at Chrsitianity through islami/judaic eyes. The Christian skipped the prophethood a bit. They accept that the previous prophets are flawed and human. But to them, Jesus is not a prophet. Jesus was prophecised by prophets as far as the Christian myth is concerned. Only muslims place Jesus as a prophet.

Btw, You spent month talking to people from Jehova's Witness? wtf? why? didn't you see through enough bull in islam, that you had to 'attach' yourself to the worse of the worst of Christians?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #76 - January 21, 2010, 02:54 AM

@ Iblis

Sure, evidence of monotheism could have been wiped out... but its not just physical evidence. Religions tend to grow out of existing lifestyles. Our ancestors were small bands of hunter-gatherers for hundreds of thousands of years. They lived in world and lifestyled depended on harvesting berries, nuts and fruits, following and hunting the migrating herds of herbivores. They're lives were intricately tied with nature on a very direct level. These kinds of societies of nomads tend to place divinity in animals, trees and sacred stones. This has always been the case, even modern day existing hunter gatherers do the same. Animistic religious beliefs are considered to be the oldest and there is mountains of both physical and sociological evidence for this case.

I agree to the above, although I still don't see how this can rule out monotheism.

On the other hand there is zero evidence of any monotheistic beliefs.

Which is understood and expected.

The first time monotheism shows up on the historical record is in Atenism in ancient egypt, a wholly state sponsored attempt at consolidating and monopolizing religion.

True, because Akhnetatin built whole monuments for the Sun God and if I'm not mistaken he even built a whole new capital (if memory serves me).. That's why we still have evidence today of his religion despite the vehement attempts of later rulers at destroying any sign of his heresy.

The Roman Empire was pagan.. but not for long, they eventually adopted one religion and one god in the form of Christianity. And the motivations were purely imperial.

But Christianity, as preached by the NT, is a *painfully* pacisfist religion... it does NOT promote imperialism AT ALL! So I don't see why would the Roman empire (an already imperialistic force) would care for Christianity to promote imperialism?

In fact, it was the other way around, *practiced* Christianity became an imperialistic religion because of imperialistic Rome.

Monotheism has always been a psychological extension of imperial rulers as a way of controlling the masses and providing common moral precepts and commanding obedience from the very diverse tribes that ancient empires used to rule. Monotheism is an advanced human concept deeply linked to the rise of larger states.

I agree.

Reply #77 - January 21, 2010, 03:01 AM

Yes, Christianity of NT is pacificist. But that's not where the true imperial value of such a religion lies. It lies in the concept of monotheism. Paganism is on a spiritual and social level quite chaotic. Christianity was spreading already in the Roman empire at the time and Constantine adopted the faith for the state as a way of unifying the empire under one religion. One emperor, one empire, one god, one religion. The Persians on the other side did the same thing in reaction to Rome's patronization of Christianity. They took an originally loose sort of dualism of Zoroastrianism and made it into the Sassanid empire only state religion - repressing all others. Essentially turning Zoroastrianism into a more rigid monotheism. Its a matter of natural selection really, medieval/ancient states that had a sole religious cult tended to be more unified and controlled and therefore successful and longer lasting. Which is why pagan religions slowly faded a way, since the state saw investing in monotheistic religions as far more beneficial tool than the chaos of paganism. Everywhere you look in history the success of dogmatic, controlling monotheistic religion is deeply linked to imperial patronage.

EDIT:
    And speaking of pacificism, when you think of it on a societal/imperial basis it is very beneficial in the long run. The violence of the Quran that is not present in the Gospel of Jesus is one of the singular most devastating element of Islam that is truly hurting progress throughout the Muslim world. The approval of believers to use violence might have made sense in a medieval environment where nations were often built on pillage.. this gave Islam a decided advantage over christianity in spreading to all parts of the world. Its that enterprising raider or "ghazwat" mentality that really pushed the frontiers of Islam in medieval times. However.. now it is nothing but a liability. The Christian focus on one god-man along with pacificism has allowed Christianity to have a more quicker transition into a secular liberal society since they had a lower tendency towards small groups engaging in vigilante religious violence. In the Islamic world our entry into modernity has been especially violent mainly due to vigilante violence taken up by small bands of individuals - a type of behaviour sanctioned by the faith. So pacificism combined with monotheism is actually a very good combination when you compare Christendom to Islam.

Reply #78 - January 21, 2010, 03:45 AM

@ Baal

I do not appreciate your lack of honesty as to your story with the koran.

Ok, let's see how I'm being dishonest.

Because the above reason does not strike me as anything reasonable to return to the koran.

I didn't say it was the only reason, dear... re-read my post...

Mohammed's entire claim to semi-godhood is that prophets are demi-gods. Mohammed then went to place himself above all the other prophets. 7th Heaven is for Mohammed and all.

demi-godhood? OK, let's see how these verses establish Muhammed as a demigod:

Muhammed sinned:

48:2
    That God may forgive you your sins of the past and those to follow; fulfil His favour to you; and guide you on the Straight Way;

47:19
    Know, therefore, that there is no god but God, and ask forgiveness for your sin, and for the men and women who believe: for God knows how you move about and how you dwell in your homes.

40:55
    Patiently, then, persevere: for the Promise of God is true: and ask forgiveness for your sin, and celebrate the Praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning.

He was a human like us... but he was also a messenger of God.

41:6 Say thou: "I am but a man like you: It is revealed to me by Inspiration, that your god is One God: so stand true to Him, and ask for His Forgiveness." And woe to those who join gods with God,-

18:110 Say: I am only a man like you; it is revealed to me that your god is one God, therefore whoever hopes to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds, and not join any one in the service of his Lord

In this verse, the prophet was order to say he's nothing different from other prophets and he doesn't know what will happen to him.

46:9 Say: I am no new thing among the messengers, nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner.

In this verse the prophet is ordered to say he's helpless against fate.

7:188 Say: I do not control any benefit or harm for my own soul except as God please; and had I known the unseen I would have had much of good and no evil would have touched me; I am nothing but a warner and the giver of good news to a people who believe.

In the following three verses, Muhammed was threatened by God:

17:75
    In that case We would certainly have made you to taste a double (punishment) in this life and a double (punishment) after death, then you would not have found any helper against Us

17:86
    And if We please, We should certainly take away that which We have revealed to you, then you would not find for it any protector against Us.

69:44-47
    And if he had fabricated against Us some of the sayings, We would certainly have seized him by the right hand, And then severed his life-artery, Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath)

And here God is reproaching the prophet for the way he treated a poor blind man:

80:1-10
    He frowned and turned away. Because the blind man came unto him. And what would make you know that he would purify himself (believe)? Or take heed and so the reminder might avail him?
    As for him who considers himself free from need (of you), Unto him you turn your attention. Yet it is not your concern if he purifies himself (believe).
    But as to him who came to you striving earnestly, And he fears, Of him you were unmindful.

I could look for more verses but I guess I have amply shown YOUR lack of honesty... In case, you were a Shia or a Sufi or one of those Muhammed worshippers, this doesn't mean that Islam makes Muhammed demi-God when the Quran literally called him a slave of God, numerous many times, and if you actually read the Quran it's mainly a book about God (as master) and man (as slave).. why else we see verse after verse about the relationship between man and God, prayers, etc.

As to the jews not depicting their prophets in the best of lights, what do you want? it works. It allowed them to develop a critical mind. They assign human faults to their king-prophets.

The ancients Israelites blamed their misfortunes on their prophets and God. I can literally DROWN you with evidence of such behavior from the "HOLY" Bible... Are you interested? Hmm?

And they grow up not worshiping the prophet-humans like the muslims are worshiping their prophet

Well, the ancient Israelites *deified* themselves, no need to worship their prophets, again do you want evidence from the Bible?

(because bending over several times a day while pronouncing someone's name is the definition of worship of such a person).

Incidently, his name is not the only name pronounced, Abraham's name too. And So what if we ask God to send him blessings in our prayers? We are praying FOR him.

If you have any doubt if assigning human traits to the prophets works or not,

And who told you the Quran didn't say prophets sinned? Want verses? Hmmm? Or are you finally gonna stop being dishonest? Ok, let's see some verses:

Abraham sinned
    26:82
    And Who, I ardently hope, will forgive me my sin on the Day of Judgment.

Jonah sinned
    21:87
    And (mention) Dhu'n-Nun, when he went off in anger and deemed that We had no power over him, but he cried out in the darkness, saying: There is no god save Thee. Be Thou Glorified! Lo! I have been a wrong-doer.

Moses sinned
    28:15-16
    And he went into the city at a time of unvigilance on the part of its people, so he found therein two men fighting, one being of his party and the other of his foes, and he who was of his party cried out to him for help against him who was of his enemies, so Moses struck him with his fist and killed him. He said: This is on account of the Satan's doing; surely he is an enemy, openly leading astray. He said: My Lord! Lo! I have wronged my soul, so forgive me. Then He forgave him. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

David sinned
    38:24-25
    He (David) said: Surely he has been unjust to you in demanding your ewe (to add) to his own ewes; and most surely most of the partners act wrongfully towards one another, save those who believe and do good, and very few are they; And David guessed that We had tried him, and he sought forgiveness of his Lord, and he bowed himself and fell down prostrate and repented. So We forgave him this (lapse): he enjoyed, indeed, a Near Approach to Us, and a beautiful place of (Final) Return.

then look at the 1 Billion muslim, being put in their place, every day, by few millions jews. I will take the human-prophets of the jews any day, over the god-prophet of islam/chrsitianity.

Oh, please what does power have to do with anything? Besides, by your logic, the false accusation you lay against Islam that Muhammed is a God/prophet worked for at least 1000 years for Muslisms. Whereas the Jews suffered a lot for more than 2000 years (the latest of such suffering is the holocaust). Besides, it's the prophet/God worshipping Christians who are putting Muslims in their place..  I'm beginning to think that your theory is completely upsidedown... apparently, God/prophet is the way to go... except, this is not Islam.

Of course, I also believe judaism is bullshit, but as far as bullshit goes, the judaic bull dances in circles around the islamic. Yet you claim that the reason you like the koran, i something along the lines that it worship its prophets.

Again, your dishonesty (or is it dyslexia?) is stunning. I didn't say it was only the slandering of the prophets, I clearly mentioned things like "devoting" whole cities to the LORD, Capiche? Go re-read my post or stop twisting what I said. Try to be more honest next time. Oh, I amost forgot... apparently, you want me to show verses from the Bible too, about Israelites "devoting" cities to God?

Reply #79 - January 21, 2010, 04:03 AM

@ Baal

You are looking at Chrsitianity through islami/judaic eyes. The Christian skipped the prophethood a bit. They accept that the previous prophets are flawed and human.

Well, I'm not talking about just any sins here..  Lut impreganating his two daughters! Solomon worshipping idols! Aaron building a Golden Calf for his people to worship! David... well, you get the idea (assuming you ever read the Bible).

But to them, Jesus is not a prophet. Jesus was prophecised by prophets as far as the Christian myth is concerned. Only muslims place Jesus as a prophet.

Btw, You spent month talking to people from Jehova's Witness? wtf? why? didn't you see through enough bull in islam, that you had to 'attach' yourself to the worse of the worst of Christians?

Jehova Witnesses are the only true Christians as far as the NT is concerned. They practice what they preach. They never go to war (not even for self-defense), they never vote and they keep themselves as detached as possible from the affairs of the world. All other Christians are fucking hypocrites and they hate JWs because by practicing true Christianity, they expose the hypocracy of the other so-called Christians.  Oh, I forgot to add they don't worship Jesus, simply because Jesus NEVER said to worship him (but worship his Father and call Him our Father).

Reply #80 - January 21, 2010, 04:15 AM

@ Iblis

Yes, Christianity of NT is pacificist. But that's not where the true imperial value of such a religion lies. It lies in the concept of monotheism. Paganism is on a spiritual and social level quite chaotic. Christianity was spreading already in the Roman empire at the time and Constantine adopted the faith for the state as a way of unifying the empire under one religion. One emperor, one empire, one god, one religion. The Persians on the other side did the same thing in reaction to Rome's patronization of Christianity. They took an originally loose sort of dualism of Zoroastrianism and made it into the Sassanid empire only state religion - repressing all others. Essentially turning Zoroastrianism into a more rigid monotheism. Its a matter of natural selection really, medieval/ancient states that had a sole religious cult tended to be more unified and controlled and therefore successful and longer lasting. Which is why pagan religions slowly faded a way, since the state saw investing in monotheistic religions as far more beneficial tool than the chaos of paganism. Everywhere you look in history the success of dogmatic, controlling monotheistic religion is deeply linked to imperial patronage.

Very interesting information Iblis. Thanks!

EDIT:
    And speaking of pacificism, when you think of it on a societal/imperial basis it is very beneficial in the long run. The violence of the Quran that is not present in the Gospel of Jesus is one of the singular most devastating element of Islam that is truly hurting progress throughout the Muslim world. The approval of believers to use violence might have made sense in a medieval environment where nations were often built on pillage..

pillage? or war booty (from the battle field?)

this gave Islam a decided advantage over christianity in spreading to all parts of the world.

But dear, Christianity was then already weaponized. Christians were already extremely vicious in their fighting. Are you saying the Byzantines were peacful doves? Have you forgot about the crusades? 

Its that enterprising raider or "ghazwat" mentality that really pushed the frontiers of Islam in medieval times. However.. now it is nothing but a liability. The Christian focus on one god-man along with pacificism has allowed Christianity to have a more quicker transition into a secular liberal society since they had a lower tendency towards small groups engaging in vigilante religious violence. In the Islamic world our entry into modernity has been especially violent mainly due to vigilante violence taken up by small bands of individuals - a type of behaviour sanctioned by the faith. So pacificism combined with monotheism is actually a very good combination when you compare Christendom to Islam.

My understaneding is that secularism defanged the Church. And as for small groups banding up and fighting is against Shariah Law... Ask Hassan about it... The war cry must come from the Islamic ruler.

Such behavior is representative of the Khawarijites... I don't know if you read about them or not.

Reply #81 - January 21, 2010, 04:31 AM

pillage? or war booty (from the battle field?)

Pillage. Meaning devastating and robbing a neighbouring territory in order to enrich your own kingdom. This was a simple and common method that medieval states often were built on - Muslim or not. Islam simply took board this concept and gave it religious credence. The boundaries of the Islamic world were effectively free pillaging zones and the focus on pillaging and ravaging bordering disbelievers gave muslims an advantage which allowed it to focus violent energies on the other kafirs while enriching itself. Of course I am in no way stating Islam or Muslims are specific to this tactic. In the medieval age this was the best way to enrich your state, as the example of the Mongols, Vikings and various Muslim Ghazi principalities show. After all, the last great Muslim empire - the Ottomans - grew up out of a small Osmanli beylik whose sole purpose of existence was the raiding of Byzantine territory. The concept of the raider principality ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghazw ) is deeply rooted in Islamic concepts of perpetual jihad.

But dear, Christianity was then already weaponized. Christians were already extremely vicious in their fighting. Are you saying the Byzantines were peacful doves? Have you forgot about the crusades?  

I never said Christianity was peaceful in practice. But compared to Islam, Christianity has no coherent doctrine on war or raiding. Islam does, and Islam always had the upper hand against Christendom until the coming of the colonial era and enlightenment. Islam's exhortation and approval of violence gave it an advantage which helped it slowly swallow up neighbouring states like the Byzantines and the Hindu Rajputs. With the exceptions of the crusades, Christian military actions (ie the spanish reconquista) involved mainly recovery, not new expansion into Muslim realms.

My understaneding is that secularism defanged the Church. And as for small groups banding up and fighting is against Shariah Law... Ask Hassan about it... The war cry must come from the Islamic ruler.

Such behavior is representative of the Khawarijites... I don't know if you read about them or not.

The khwarijites are exactly the 'model' of vigilante religious violence I'm talking about. I'm not making a statement about what mainstream Islam believes about jihad. But the fact is compared to Christianity it is far easier to espouse and engage in vigilante religious violence in defense of the faith based on the Quran rather than the Gospel of Jesus. Whether or not their interpretations are correct are another matter, but no one can say terrorist vigilantes are totally sciptually baseless in there actions. On the other hand it is extremely difficult to whip up religious vigilante violence using the New Testament. This inherent pacifism allows for a level of "defangability" of Christianity, while built in concepts of violence in Islam make it much harder to tame.

Reply #82 - January 21, 2010, 05:33 AM

Quote from: debunker link=topic=8395.msg208876#msg208876
    @ Baal

Ok, let's see how I'm being dishonest.

I didn't say it was the only reason, dear... re-read my post...

The only reason you mention for you 'running' back to the koran, is that prophets are well spoken of in the koran.

You mention something about the OT being full of genocide stories. You expect me to believe you fell for this Tu Coque? That One book is so full of crap, so the other book must be True? No one is that Stupid. So out of respect to you,  I do not think your story holds.

demi-godhood? OK, let's see how these verses establish Muhammed as a demigod:

Muhammed sinned:
    <verses>

He was a human like us... but he was also a messenger of God.
    <verses>

The verses mean very little when put in context with the koran. We are asked to obey Mohammed more often than we are asked to obey Allah in the koran.

You bend over Five times a day and proclaim Muhammed's name. While facing a Black Stone. You can keep crying to high heaven that you do not worship the stone or Muhammed, and you do cry to high heaven, but no one who actually sees your actions, believe you.

You worship Muhammed just like you worship the koran.

In this verse, the prophet was order to say he's nothing different from other prophets and he doesn't know what will happen to him.

<verses>

The verses are clear and make sense but they are wrong and stupid.

Because no other message from any other prophet will be accepted save the True Message from the True prophet. So why you bother with the verses. Do we need to go over what happens to the people of the book in the koran?

Did you meet the married bachelor? Did you fly the train to Spain? both my statements are wrong and Stupid. The sentence is grammatically correct. You understand each word I say. But the meaning is wrong and stupid. There is no married bachelor and trains do not fly to Spain.

In this verse the prophet is ordered to say he's helpless against fate.
    <verse>

You are ordered to obey him. Stop asking him for stupid things like curing the blind or raising people from the dead. Just obey him. And you will bend over, and say his name while you are obeying him.

In the following three verses, Muhammed was threatened by God:

17:75
    In that case We would certainly have made you to taste a double (punishment) in this life and a double (punishment) after death, then you would not have found any helper against Us

17:86
    And if We please, We should certainly take away that which We have revealed to you, then you would not find for it any protector against Us.

69:44-47
    And if he had fabricated against Us some of the sayings, We would certainly have seized him by the right hand, And then severed his life-artery, Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath)

Muhammed trying to prove to his peers that he did not invent the koran. Using the koran. To prove his authenticity. So you can obey him harder. Because you do not like to believe circular logic exists. While bending over. Which you do.

And btw, Mohamed's peers, did not believe him. His own grand-father, told him to FO before he died, not a muslim, blissfully, One of the last real Arabs.

And here God is reproaching the prophet for the way he treated a poor blind man:

80:1-10
    He frowned and turned away. Because the blind man came unto him. ..

Turning away from a blind man. Nothing even a fraction of what the prophet-butchers of the Old Testament did. This is the Sin of Muhammed? Turning away from a blind man? Because Muhammad did not hurt a fly? so turning away from a blind man is such a Sin?

This reminds me of the Bhuddist stories trying to pretend their monk is so holy and pure, he cried when he stepped on a bug. The idea is that this monk must have been really pure and so empty of sin that stepping on a bug invokes such a strong reaction.

Same thing, Muhammed is so empty of sin that looking away from a blind man, caused god himself, to write, since Thousands of years before creation, on the preserved tablet, a verse to reproach Muhammad.

I could look for more verses but I guess I have amply shown YOUR lack of honesty...

My claim is that Muhammad is worshipped in islam, in the koran, as well as in the hadith, as well as in the islamic culture. My claim still stands. All the verses you put forward only called for his worship even harder. I also see you completely skirted around mentioning the dozens of verses where muhammad is to be obeyed, insan kamil, etc..

In case, you were a Shia or a Sufi or one of those Muhammed worshippers, this doesn't mean that Islam makes Muhammed demi-God when the Quran literally called him a slave of God,

A little lesson about how demi-godhood works:
    In every story which contains an avatar or a human representation of a god, the avatar is either the slave of that god or a family member. Either way, the demi-god is a living representation of the will of that god. Slave of that God's will. And since such a god does not exist and/or manifest, then only the demi-god is left to dictate what is the wish of the 'missing' god.

numerous many times, and if you actually read the Quran it's mainly a book about God (as master) and man (as slave).. why else we see verse after verse about the relationship between man and God, prayers, etc.

As Orwel said, we are all equals, but some are just more equal than others.

The issue with islam is, every 2-cent nitwit who dons a cloak, ends up hiding behind the holiness of Muhammad. Somehow, he is no longer just a slave anymore. And If you criticize the nitwit, then somehow you are accused of criticizing Muhammed as well. The problem is, currently there exists too many nitwits hiding behind Muhammad's holiness and as such that holiness has to be brought down few notches and the nitwits exposed.

However your argument that Muhammad is not worshiped in islam is insane.

You even ask a GOD to perform an action on the HUMAN, every time you mention the human name. GOD actioning on a human. GOD serving a human.

The ancients Israelites blamed their misfortunes on their prophets and God. I can literally DROWN you with evidence of such behavior from the "HOLY" Bible... Are you interested? Hmm?

You expect me to believe that you use the crap from One book to validate another to yourself. I do not think we are talking to each other on the same level here.

Well, the ancient Israelites *deified* themselves, no need to worship their prophets, again do you want evidence from the Bible?

Yes, I do believe you. Can you believe people actually calling themselves the 'chosen people'? and claiming only they will have eternal life? Can you believe such crazy people? wow. Crazy yes, but you can not call them Stupid right? After all it seems to be working for them. We are actually the stupid ones for not calling their bluff.

Primarily, the Christians are stuck accepting the superiority of the 'chosen people' because denying such a story will deny Christianity. Just like the Muslims are stuck having to accept the old stories which contradicts Islam and the Koran. Because denying the old books' existence will deny Islam.

And So what if we ask God to send him blessings in our prayers? We are praying FOR him.

How about you show your god the proper respect and stop calling his name in deference to a human. You want to know how stupid you sound? Here goes. It is called Recursive Logic:

Allah (Gal Galaloh)
    Muhammad (Salla Allah Allay hi Wa Sallam)

How come, in the Second sentence, you say the word 'Alla' without saying (Gal Galaloh)? How come you are showing proper respect to the name of 'Mohammed' yet, 'Allah' is freely used in deference to the respect for Mohammed?

Here is another Stupid sentence, another instance of Allah used in deference to another human, wearing the cloak of Muhammad:

Abu Bakr (Radia Allah Anhu)

Islam is in the business of worshiping the humans that are ruling you. Muhammad is holy, you are trained since you were a kid to bend over for him. And once your subservience is established and your willpower broken, the rulers will take Muhammed's position as far as you are concerned.

And who told you the Quran didn't say prophets sinned? Want verses? Hmmm? Or are you finally gonna stop being dishonest? Ok, let's see some verses:

Abraham sinned
    <bla bla bla>

Wait a Second here. Wtf. You are the One who stated you do not like how the prophets are depicted in the OT. Implying you like how they are treated in the Koran. Implying you also do not think their sins were too much of a problem.

And reading your post again, I see that this is the only reason you posted for running back to the koran. You mention comparing the bible to the koran, after talking to a Jehova's Maniacs couple, and then running back to the koran once you realized the prophets are well spoken of in the Koran.

That was your conclusion not mine.

Oh, please what does power have to do with anything? Besides, by your logic, the false accusation you lay against Islam that Muhammed is a God/prophet worked for at least 1000 years for Muslisms. Whereas the Jews suffered a lot for more than 2000 years (the latest of such suffering is the holocaust). Besides, it's the prophet/God worshipping Christians who are putting Muslims in their place..  I'm beginning to think that your theory is completely upsidedown... apparently, God/prophet is the way to go... except, this is not Islam.

This is not a discussion about what works and what does not work. Christ became a demi-god and then the emperor and then the popes went hiding under that same umbrella of divinity.

Again, your dishonesty (or is it dyslexia?) is stunning. I didn't say it was only the slandering of the prophets, I clearly mentioned things like "devoting" whole cities to the LORD, Capiche? Go re-read my post or stop twisting what I said. Try to be more honest next time. Oh, I amost forgot... apparently, you want me to show verses from the Bible too, about Israelites "devoting" cities to God?

Good for them? or is it, God for them.

Salam Debunker.

Reply #83 - January 21, 2010, 05:56 AM

@ Baal

Well, I'm not talking about just any sins here..  Lut impreganating his two daughters! Solomon worshipping idols! Aaron building a Golden Calf for his people to worship! David... well, you get the idea (assuming you ever read the Bible).

Yep. Crazy stuff, no? And all of it is True according to the koran. Which stated the books that came before it are True. And it is all good and fine for the jews to deify themselves, and reduce the deity of their prophets, as long as today, they have a very strong tradition of self-criticism.

Jehova Witnesses are the only true Christians as far as the NT is concerned.

Only True if you believe the OT is the written words of God. Again, you are looking at OT with muslims eyes. That the text is somehow 'protected' and 'preserved' and as such deserve to be followed to the letter. The OT is not the written, preserved word of a god no matter how hard the Two Jehovah's Maniac Believe. God would be super-pathetic if he actually wrote that Testament.

Just like God would be super-pathetic if it was he who wrote that koran and chose that man Muhammed to deliver his text for him.

They practice what they preach. They never go to war (not even for self-defense),

The biggest bullshit of them all. The Bible full of genocides and death and they think they are not meant to goto war? Guess what. It was a mistranlation. They thought the Bible said 'do not kill'. After so many decades of 'Witnessing' A few years ago, it turned out that the bible said 'do not murder'. Meaning, you can kill if it is lawful. Cha Ching. The idiots got owned.

they never vote and they keep themselves as detached as possible from the affairs of the world.

The perfect pawns. I really want to have a bunch of them in my country. They really know how to stand to the man who is trying to oppress them.

All other Christians are fucking hypocrites and they hate JWs because by practicing true Christianity, they expose the hypocracy of the other so-called Christians.

I am really glad that the New Testament abrogated most of this shitty Old Testament book. Else people like Jehovah;s Witness would have had a leg to stand on. But as it stands, today, they are shit out of luck because, the Old Testament does not mean so much to Christianity anymore.

Oh, I forgot to add they don't worship Jesus, simply because Jesus NEVER said to worship him (but worship his Father and call Him our Father).

They worship the book. They think it is the word of their Father. Last Century, Four times, they mispredicted the end of the world. Many of their members went bankrupt because they thought the world will end. Can you believe these idiots? Four times and still they hadn't learned after the Second mistake that the book in their hands is shit.

Just like the book in your hands.

Reply #84 - January 21, 2010, 06:50 AM

@ Baal

The only reason you mention for you 'running' back to the koran, is that prophets are well spoken of in the koran.

Ok, let me quote myself:

I left Islam because I couldn't stomach mainly two things: slavery and conquest (Hell never really was an issue for me)... that was during my college years. (I rejected the authority of Bukhari et al when I was in middle school).

But of course, I never stopped believing in God (the Creator God)... and when I went to the US for graduate studies I stayed a Deist. One day, a nice Jehova couple knocked on my door and they kept visiting me on weekend for 6 months.. I didn't tell them about my being a Deist.. I didn't want to get them any more enthusiastic. They only discussed the NT and whenever I asked them about the OT (the first two thirds of the big book I was reading) they told me the NT is what matters. I *almost* became a JW. There was no violence of any sort.. Jesus was not God... and we were only expected to worship God.. that seemed very nice to me.. sure I couldn't understand the sacrifice thing but if God wanted to sacrifice His best and first creation, Jesus in order to forgive me then whom I to object.. Sure, I always wondered why couldn't He just forgive, they kept mentioing that would be no justice.. I digress... anyway, one day I decided to investigate the OT.. I went only and read about Jehova (Yahweh)... I came across an anti-Bible site and I just couldn't believe what I read.. I thought all of it was lies.. I opened the Bible my JW friends gave me and I was utterly shocked to learn that it was all true! Jehova did ask His "Children" to wipe out entire nations, and gave them the right to enslave anyone outside the promised land in exchange for "peace". Jehova did indeed order Israeites to kill men for working on a Satudrday, cursing or disrespecting a priest... The fact is the first two thirds of the Bible are full of horror stories.

Interestingly, this shock is what made re-consider the Quran again. Specifically, the fact that almost every prophet was slandered in the OT while the opposite picture was given in the Quran made me wonder: if Muhammed invented the Quran and stole from the Bible, why did he have to clean up the image of other prophets? What's in it for him? If I were an imposter prophet claiming to be a continuation of prophets, I would have confirmed the filth against them to promote my own image.

This made me re-read the Quran again with neutrality... I read it cover to cover about 10 times.. Until I developed new understanding I never had before... Of course, there are still things I don't understand, but I am perfectly comfortable and happy with the vast majority of verses, so there's really no good reason for me to reject this book again.

You mention something about the OT being full of genocide stories. You expect me to believe you fell for this Tu Coque?

That's exactly what I said in my post.

That One book is so full of crap, so the other book must be True? No one is that Stupid. So out of respect to you,  I do not think your story holds.

Thanks, but no thanks, I don't need you to think for me.

The verses mean very little when put in context with the koran. We are asked to obey Mohammed more often than we are asked to obey Allah in the koran.

Now that's just precious.. how can I prove you wrong? Re-write the whole Quran here for you?

You bend over Five times a day and proclaim Muhammed's name.

Have you ever prayed in your life? Muhammed is not prayed *for* while bending down.

While facing a Black Stone. You can keep crying to high heaven that you do not worship the stone or Muhammed, and you do cry to high heaven, but no one who actually sees your actions, believe you.

Like I care.

The verses are clear and make sense but they are wrong and stupid.

Because no other message from any other prophet will be accepted save the True Message from the True prophet. So why you bother with the verses. Do we need to go over what happens to the people of the book in the koran?

Did you meet the married bachelor? Did you fly the train to Spain? both my statements are wrong and Stupid. The sentence is grammatically correct. You understand each word I say. But the meaning is wrong and stupid. There is no married bachelor and trains do not fly to Spain.

You are ordered to obey him. Stop asking him for stupid things like curing the blind or raising people from the dead. Just obey him. And you will bend over, and say his name while you are obeying him.

Muhammed trying to prove to his peers that he did not invent the koran. Using the koran. To prove his authenticity. So you can obey him harder. Because you do not like to believe circular logic exists. While bending over. Which you do..

It's OK you can pretend you refuted my argument. But again, please let someone in this forum tell you how Muslims pray.

And btw, Mohamed's peers, did not believe him. His own grand-father, told him to FO before he died, not a muslim, blissfully, One of the last real Arabs.

History! Nice! Ok, how about the ones who followed him and were persecuted for 10 years in Mecca before a foreign city (Yathrib) invited the outcasts in and made Muhammed their leader?

Turning away from a blind man. Nothing even a fraction of what the prophet-butchers of the Old Testament did. This is the Sin of Muhammed? Turning away from a blind man? Because Muhammad did not hurt a fly? so turning away from a blind man is such a Sin?

yeah, yeah, pretend I didn't already show you verses which say Muhammed sinned, not to mention the threats of ripping his life artery and severly torturing him.

This reminds me of the Bhuddist stories trying to pretend their monk is so holy and pure, he cried when he stepped on a bug. The idea is that this monk must have been really pure and so empty of sin that stepping on a bug invokes such a strong reaction.

Same thing, Muhammed is so empty of sin that looking away from a blind man, caused god himself, to write, since Thousands of years before creation, on the preserved tablet, a verse to reproach Muhammad.

Ah! So you missed the real message of the verses... it's not really reproaching him for a sin (well, not exactly) but for an important error... read the verses again.

My claim is that Muhammad is worshipped in islam, in the koran, as well as in the hadith, as well as in the islamic culture. My claim still stands. All the verses you put forward only called for his worship even harder. I also see you completely skirted around mentioning the dozens of verses where muhammad is to be obeyed, insan kamil, etc..

How did I miss that?! Of course these verses are telling us to worship Muhammed! Silly me, I refuted myself! Smiley

little lesson about how demi-godhood works:
    In every story which contains an avatar or a human representation of a god, the avatar is either the slave of that god or a family member. Either way, the demi-god is a living representation of the will of that god. Slave of that God's will. And since such a god does not exist and/or manifest, then only the demi-god is left to dictate what is the wish of the 'missing' god.

Thanks for the little lesson.

<snip>

However your argument that Muhammad is not worshiped in islam is insane.

Yeah, you already convinced me of that, thanks!

You even ask a GOD to perform an action on the HUMAN, every time you mention the human name. GOD actioning on a human. GOD serving a human.

Thanks again, I never thought of it this... from now on I'll refrain from asking God to bless my deceased father or forgive him or... wait I'll have to think about it.

You expect me to believe that you use the crap from One book to validate another to yourself. I do not think we are talking to each other on the same level here.

Now, now, I ignored all the self back-patting scenes above, but to actually pull a strawman on me, that's a bit too harsh... I was attacking your claim that the Jews were honest about their prophets by suggesting that they were putting the blame on them...  We have already stepped out of discussing the the Quran into questioing your ignorance of the Bible.

Yes, I do believe you. Can you believe people actually calling themselves the 'chosen people'? and claiming only they will have eternal life? Can you believe such crazy people? wow. Crazy yes, but you can not call them Stupid right? After all it seems to be working for them. We are actually the stupid ones for not calling their bluff.

*shrug*

Primarily, the Christians are stuck accepting the superiority of the 'chosen people' because denying such a story will deny Christianity.

What the..? Have you ever read anything about the persecution of Jews by Christians who "accepted their superiority"...

Just like the Muslims are stuck having to accept the old stories which contradicts Islam and the Koran. Because denying the old books' existence will deny Islam.

Oh! What a dilemma! So let's see, the Quran says God is the author of the uncorrupted Torah/Injil... so there's no escape from this one.

How about you show your god the proper respect and stop calling his name in deference to a human. You want to know how stupid you sound? Here goes. It is called Recursive Logic:

Allah (Gal Galaloh)
    Muhammad (Salla Allah Allay hi Wa Sallam)

How come, in the Second sentence, you say the word 'Alla' without saying (Gal Galaloh)? How come you are showing proper respect to the name of 'Mohammed' yet, 'Allah' is freely used in deference to the respect for Mohammed?

Here is another Stupid sentence, another instance of Allah used in deference to another human, wearing the cloak of Muhammad:

Abu Bakr (Radia Allah Anhu)

Islam is in the business of worshiping the humans that are ruling you. Muhammad is holy, you are trained since you were a kid to bend over for him. And once your subservience is established and your willpower broken, the rulers will take Muhammed's position as far as you are concerned.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

Wait a Second here. Wtf. You are the One who stated you do not like how the prophets are depicted in the OT. Implying you like how they are treated in the Koran. Implying you also do not think their sins were too much of a problem.

Yeah, they sinned, they were humans, so they sinned... but they didn't worship idols, for example.. They didn't get drunk and impreganate their daughters? Capiche?

And reading your post again, I see that this is the only reason you posted for running back to the koran. You mention comparing the bible to the koran, after talking to a Jehova's Maniacs couple, and then running back to the koran once you realized the prophets are well spoken of in the Koran.

That was your conclusion not mine.

Re-read my post again, but of course, I think you're the kind who can never be wrong. You must be very lucky.

This is not a discussion about what works and what does not work. Christ became a demi-god and then the emperor and then the popes went hiding under that same umbrella of divinity.

Again, that's Ok, you can pretend that's not what you actually said and to which I responded.

Good for them? or is it, God for them.

Oh, so you don't care.

Salam Debunker

salam, Ba'al.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yep. Crazy stuff, no? And all of it is True according to the koran. Which stated the books that came before it are True. And it is all good and fine for the jews to deify themselves, and reduce the deity of their prophets, as long as today, they have a very strong tradition of self-criticism.

Yeah, I know, the Quran contradicts these stories yet it does not say that the scriptures were corrupted... you can pretend that's the case of course.. .

Only True if you believe the OT is the written words of God. Again, you are looking at OT with muslims eyes. That the text is somehow 'protected' and 'preserved' and as such deserve to be followed to the letter. The OT is not the written, preserved word of a god no matter how hard the Two Jehovah's Maniac Believe. God would be super-pathetic if he actually wrote that Testament.

Just like God would be super-pathetic if it was he who wrote that koran and chose that man Muhammed to deliver his text for him.

Why is this this answer supposed to be relevant to my post which read:

"Jehova Witnesses are the only true Christians as far as the NT is concerned".

Oh and I don't care to comment on the rest...

Anyway, Baal... it was quite entertaining talking to you dear.

Reply #85 - January 21, 2010, 07:03 AM

@ Iblis

I'll comment on your post tomorrow, see ya then.

Reply #86 - January 21, 2010, 07:47 AM

@ ras

Allah = capital-G God, Arab Jews and Christians even back then used this very word.

Jews? Prove it

Kaba = temple (the Quran claims Abraham built it).. and I believe that polytheism is a severely deformed version of momotheism.

Housing all the deities that the Arabs worshiped including some Christian figures as well.  It was a pantheon.

Jinn = demons (well, the bad Jinns anyway, which is different from the Bible where demons are fallen angels).

Yes the pagan Arabs also believed in them apparently.  In Christianity there were cases of ancient pagan gods being portrayed as demons by the Catholic church

Utter bollocks.  History shows that it is the other way round.  Saying that there is no proof is an utterly absurd statement.  All the ancient civilisations including the Hebrews and the Iranians started out as pagans.   Monotheism is the next step after polytheism

Reply #87 - January 21, 2010, 09:15 AM

@ Islame

I read about Zoroastrianism.. it is not monotheism despite the claims. I'm not saying it couldn't have started out as purely monotheistic, though.

anyway, why is it not plausible that for different nations there were different prophets preaching the same message: pure submission to God? I know there is no evidence for this, which is expected (as I explained to Iblis)

You will note a funny thing happens when you leave Islam.  All the conspiracy theories, cognitive dissonance, narrow mindedness & non-belief in evidence go out the window Wink

Makes me wonder why?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #88 - January 21, 2010, 10:28 AM

Specifically, the fact that almost every prophet was slandered in the OT while the opposite picture was given in the Quran made me wonder: if Muhammed invented the Quran and stole from the Bible, why did he have to clean up the image of other prophets? What's in it for him? If I were an imposter prophet claiming to be a continuation of prophets, I would have confirmed the filth against them to promote my own image.

A way to get the people of those previous religions to prefer his version, since it's paints their prophets in a better light.  Seems something even watson could determine, of course there was a method to his madness, Mohammed was very smart, he knew what he was selling and he had a plan to sell it to the masses.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #89 - January 21, 2010, 11:15 AM

yes yes

EDIT:
    And speaking of pacificism, when you think of it on a societal/imperial basis it is very beneficial in the long run. The violence of the Quran that is not present in the Gospel of Jesus is one of the singular most devastating element of Islam that is truly hurting progress throughout the Muslim world. The approval of believers to use violence might have made sense in a medieval environment where nations were often built on pillage.. this gave Islam a decided advantage over christianity in spreading to all parts of the world. Its that enterprising raider or "ghazwat" mentality that really pushed the frontiers of Islam in medieval times. However.. now it is nothing but a liability. The Christian focus on one god-man along with pacificism has allowed Christianity to have a more quicker transition into a secular liberal society since they had a lower tendency towards small groups engaging in vigilante religious violence. In the Islamic world our entry into modernity has been especially violent mainly due to vigilante violence taken up by small bands of individuals - a type of behaviour sanctioned by the faith. So pacificism combined with monotheism is actually a very good combination when you compare Christendom to Islam.

yes

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »