Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim men attack actress in Paris (France)

(Read 10961 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslim men attack actress in Paris (France)
     OP - January 19, 2010, 01:23 PM

POLICE  launched a terrorism investigation in Paris yesterday after two men tried to set fire to an Algerian feminist playwright and actress, who stars in a play said to portray Muslim men in an unflattering light.

The attackers, according to this report, sprayed Rayhana, known only by her first name, with petrol and threw a lit cigarette in her face. The petrol did not ignite, possibly because of the extreme cold.

Rayhana, 45, is appearing in and directing her own play about the oppression of women in Algeria. She was walking to a theatre in a north-eastern suburb of the city when she was insulted in Arabic and attacked. A fortnight ago, she was approached in the same area by two men who said:

We know who you are, you miscreant whore. This is a warning.

Detectives are examining the possibility that she was attacked by a radical Islamist group, although her play is equally critical of the treatment of women by radical Islam and secular authorities in Algeria.

Full article

Disgusting, really. It's infuriating that people could even think of killing another human being to defend a fucking ideal, just an ideal.  finmad

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Muslim men attack actress in Paris (France)
     Reply #1 - January 19, 2010, 01:28 PM

Fuckers. Do these morons not understand irony? This only proves her right. Or do they think they can bully people into submission?
     Reply #2 - January 19, 2010, 01:33 PM

Or do they think they can bully people into submission?

Why not?  that's exactly how mohammed did it.

Reply #3 - January 19, 2010, 01:36 PM

Very disturbing and sad.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - January 19, 2010, 01:37 PM

Why not?  that's exactly how mohammed did it.

True. I guess we know whose example they are following.
     Reply #5 - January 19, 2010, 01:43 PM

.... Do these morons not understand irony? This only proves her right...

Afro

Reply #6 - January 19, 2010, 03:56 PM

The fucked-up thing is that the French criminal justice system will probably only give these guys 20 years if they are caught-- in Algeria they'd likely get life at minimum. I hope some vigilantes find them first and set their fuckin faces on fire. Bastards.

fuck you
     Reply #7 - January 19, 2010, 04:00 PM

Omfg. These people are such idiots, really.. real life is waaay weirder than fiction. Just think about these fuckers thought process "Rebellious lady is portraying us in a negative light.. therefore we must set her on fire".

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #8 - January 19, 2010, 07:45 PM

The fucked-up thing is that the French criminal justice system will probably only give these guys 20 years if they are caught-- in Algeria they'd likely get life at minimum. I hope some vigilantes find them first and set their fuckin faces on fire. Bastards.

Life? 20? for failing to light someone up? and that someone is a woman? and a critic of the system? In Algeria or France? I would faint of joy if either happened in either countries. Maybe i do not know Algeria well. But I know France and I know Algeria is probably not too far/different than Egypt.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #9 - January 19, 2010, 07:58 PM

No, you're right-- when I wrote that I was thinking about if they had actually managed to set her ablaze and she died, so it came out wrong. They'd get a lot less obviously. Really just commenting on the light sentences often handed out to terrorists and other violent criminals in Europe.

fuck you
     Reply #10 - January 19, 2010, 08:19 PM

:-(
     Reply #11 - January 19, 2010, 08:35 PM

Or do they think they can bully people into submission?

but they can !

Last week a Danish TV network contacted various artists, politicians and celebrities and asked them to donate effects to be put up for auction by a company called Lauritz.com.
    The proceeds were to be earmarked for the children of Haiti.

One of the persons they contacted was Kurt Westergaard (bomb in the turban cartoonist) and he painted a water colour of a scene from some adventure or other.

However, Lauritz.com refused to include the water colour in the auction. Out of concern for their employees they say.

Also Kurt Westergaards hairdresser, according to him, a very nice and kind muslim lady, does not dare have him as a customer any more.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #12 - January 19, 2010, 09:29 PM

Disgusting, really. It's infuriating that people could even think of killing another human being to defend a fucking ideal, just an ideal.  finmad

That's why they're called ideologues.

Bloody stupid thing to do, though!

This reminds me of that Sikh woman a few years ago who got a lot of flak from her community for writing and producing a play about rape inside a Sikh temple but I don;t recall anyone trying to set her on fire or slit her throat over it.   

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #13 - January 20, 2010, 03:58 AM

Deport them, their family, their extended family and anyone who has the remotest connection them.

Its too late now but I'd love them to see them do away with the automatic citizenship by virtue of marriage or birth - so that the likes of Anjem Choudary can be booted back to what ever place they originated from.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #14 - January 20, 2010, 04:01 AM

*slow clap*

Deport them and their families. Mashallah.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #15 - January 20, 2010, 04:12 AM

Deport them, their family, their extended family and anyone who has the remotest connection them.

Punish people who had nothing to do with the crime in question? Yeah, you're a real defender of liberal democratic society. Collective, arbitrary and unjust punishment is the hallmark of a free society.

Asshole.

Its too late now but I'd love them to see them do away with the automatic citizenship by virtue of marriage or birth - so that the likes of Anjem Choudary can be booted back to what ever place they originated from.

As to birth-- you're a fuckin idiot for wanting to change decades or centuries-old policy based on a relatively recent and rare phenomenon.

As to marriage-- what countries "automatically" grant citizenship on the basis of marriage?

fuck you
     Reply #16 - January 20, 2010, 04:16 AM

Punish people who had nothing to do with the crime in question? Yeah, you're a real defender of liberal democratic society. Collective, arbitrary and unjust punishment is the hallmark of a free society.

Asshole.

So no one is responsible for their actions - nice to see you drown my post in a pathetic and childish display of hyperbole!

As to birth-- you're a fuckin idiot for wanting to change decades or centuries-old policy based on a relatively recent and rare phenomenon.

Why the fucking hell should the vast majority of people be held to ransom to a group of fuckwitts who can't get their shit together? why the fuck should, as a society, have to put up with the radicalism permeating from *ONE* segment of society? because we should tolerate the intolerant because we're a 'liberal and democratic society'? go fuck yourself.

As to marriage-- what countries "automatically" grant citizenship on the basis of marriage?

I know in New Zealand that you're granted immediate residency with a path to becoming a NZ citizen.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #17 - January 20, 2010, 04:19 AM

Good night, fuckface

fuck you
     Reply #18 - January 20, 2010, 04:34 AM

lol

Reply #19 - January 21, 2010, 02:36 AM

So no one is responsible for their actions - nice to see you drown my post in a pathetic and childish display of hyperbole!

Why the fucking hell should the vast majority of people be held to ransom to a group of fuckwitts who can't get their shit together? why the fuck should, as a society, have to put up with the radicalism permeating from *ONE* segment of society? because we should tolerate the intolerant because we're a 'liberal and democratic society'? go fuck yourself.

I know in New Zealand that you're granted immediate residency with a path to becoming a NZ citizen.

I think the point is they and any coconspirators are responsible for their actions.  Not their granny or their third cousin twice removed just because they are related to them.  Unless there is some proof their relaives were involved in the plot - which your post did not alude to and i've seen no evidence to support, then punishing innocent relatives for the perpetrators crimes clearly is fucking stupid and hasn't been common outside of repressive shitholes for a long time.  

What needs to happen is they need to be caught and anyone who incited them to commit the crime also needs to be caught and those responsible need to be given long prison terms (I don't know if France has an IPP equivalent but that would seem justified in this case if they do).  What does not need to happen is opening gulags for everyone who is related to them or ever said hi to them.

Sense of proportion and all that. Smiley

Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful, The Perpetually Pissed Off About Some Shit Or Other.
     Reply #20 - January 21, 2010, 02:58 AM

Oh jesus....I just read Kaiwai's contributions on this thread  Roll Eyes

God is Love.

Reply #21 - January 21, 2010, 03:05 AM

Kaiwai is special.  Smiley

When I was 8 I had a pet hamster that was just like him. Only my pet hamster didn't say stupid shit.

Reply #22 - January 21, 2010, 10:55 AM

Really?
     Reply #23 - January 21, 2010, 11:38 AM

This would be an effective policy.When my father's country was under the occupation of both the Soviets and Nazis this type of policy was used to keep the indigenous population under control.Execution was later found to be a far better alternative to deportation as it was cheaper and provided a permanent solution.Not too sure if it would catch on in the UK or New Zealand.
     Reply #24 - January 21, 2010, 01:33 PM

Yeah Tony, we want to emulate the Nazis and Soviets - well done Kaiwai  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #25 - January 21, 2010, 05:03 PM

This would be an effective policy.When my father's country was under the occupation of both the Soviets and Nazis this type of policy was used to keep the indigenous population under control.Execution was later found to be a far better alternative to deportation as it was cheaper and provided a permanent solution.Not too sure if it would catch on in the UK or New Zealand.

I hope this was a tongue-in-cheek.

Reply #26 - January 21, 2010, 06:41 PM

I was being  serious. Wink

What I find so amusing is that these type of methods are always advocated by people who have known freedom all their lives.Speak to anyone who has lived in fear of the 4am knock on the door and you realise that the freedoms we have in this country should be protected at all costs.
     Reply #27 - January 21, 2010, 06:44 PM

Thank goodness those freedoms are what protect us from mad plans such as you and kawai have suggested.

Reply #28 - January 21, 2010, 06:45 PM

Armchair tyrants. Of course these types would probably be too scared and gutless to lead the forced evictions themselves. Just the thought of Kaiwai barging into a Muslim home and then getting promptly told to fuck off warms my heart.

@Berbs
    I think Tony was being facetious.

Reply #29 - January 21, 2010, 06:47 PM

Well he shouldn't, farting on a public thread is rude.  Angry

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »