Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: U.S. Military Rifle Scopes Inscribed With Bible Verses

(Read 12617 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • U.S. Military Rifle Scopes Inscribed With Bible Verses
     OP - January 19, 2010, 05:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZZWgkQwXuo

Wow!!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

• Re: U.S. Military Rifle Scopes Inscribed With Bible Verses
     Reply #1 - January 19, 2010, 06:19 AM

Ban against apostlising? Obviously the regulatory body has been asleep at the wheel given that it is well known that troops from the US are importing bibles by the millions and openly spreading pushing Christianity.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #2 - January 19, 2010, 01:28 PM

With things like this, never mind Gitmo, the American military is sometimes the gift that keeps on giving to the Islamists  Roll Eyes

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - January 19, 2010, 02:57 PM

It warms the heart to know America's assault rifles are being produced by Christian fundamentalists. WRSWJU?*

*what rifle scope would jesus use?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #4 - January 19, 2010, 03:52 PM

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Unfortunately, the ACOG is one of the best reflex sights around and Trijicon is the only company that makes it. Unlike the Aimpoint or EOTech red-dot sights issued to soldiers, the ACOG does not require a battery, which obviously has advantages in the field. I wonder what the military will do about this.

fuck you
     Reply #5 - January 19, 2010, 03:54 PM

On MW2 multiplayer I like using this same type of scope too. Very nice and can basically turn your Assault Rifle into a sniper rifle too. Easier to get headshots than with using the red dot or holographic. Mashallah.

Reply #6 - January 19, 2010, 04:01 PM

Yeah, that's the other thing, some models provide differing levels of magnification (normally 4x), whereas I don't think the Aimpoints do (or if they do it's low-level magnification like 1.5x). But the no battery thing is fuckin huge. I was thinking of getting one of those ACOGs until I saw how much they cost-- between $1 and 1.5k. They cost more than a lot of the weapons they are attached to.

fuck you
     Reply #7 - January 19, 2010, 04:04 PM

Huh, I never noticed that (I guess you'd have to know what to look for)....I actually have a Trijicon acog.
    If the company is run by born again nuts who secretly inscribe hidden index codes for bible verses in their stock numbers...I dont know...meh, they are good scopes, I cant seem to get worked up over it.

Lol, does make me wonder how many other things you use in daily life that have hidden symbols in their serial numbers?

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #8 - January 19, 2010, 04:08 PM

I was wondering when you'd chime in, Homer. They issue ACOGs to your unit? I find that a bit surprising. Interesting.

fuck you
     Reply #9 - January 19, 2010, 04:12 PM

Yep, I like em better than the aimpoints.

When I saw the thing at first I thought it was a bit silly, like reading too much into a stock number, but I checked out the company website, and under the 'about us' there were a few kooky christian stuff about biblical values or something (and whats more biblical than smiting, right?)....so It probably was on purpose.

Still though, they are good scopes, so I dont really care if they had allahu akbar or Homer is a fag in a numerical code hidden in the stock number, but on the other hand...I dont like to financially support  a company that is run by silly people, but then again, I dont know if that is a good enough reason to cancel a contract.

In the end, meh

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #10 - January 19, 2010, 04:15 PM

So do you hold your breath when you look down the scope? Or in my world we press "shift". LOL

Reply #11 - January 19, 2010, 04:18 PM

Squeeze trigger between exhale and inhale  Afro

Reply #12 - January 19, 2010, 04:18 PM

Yep, I like em better than the aimpoints.

Any reason besides magnification and no need for batteries? Also, aren't you currently in a non-combat unit? I know the Aimpoints are still more prevalent than the ACOGs and I would think they'd get the ACOGs to front-line combat units first. Or did you get it when you were in a combat unit?

When I saw the thing at first I thought it was a bit silly, like reading too much into a stock number, but I checked out the company website, and under the 'about us' there were a few kooky christian stuff about biblical values or something (and whats more biblical than smiting, right?)....so It probably was on purpose.

Watch the video Iblis posted. The company admits to it and is unapologetic. Maddow also gives a very good reason as to why it's a horrible idea.

fuck you
     Reply #13 - January 19, 2010, 04:20 PM

What about different scenarios, like isn't having a red dot or a scope with less zoom better for more close quarters alley to alley, house to house sort of fighting? In MW2 I find having the ACOG sucks when you're dealing with people in closer and tighter surroundings.

Were you in Iraq? Afghanistan?

Reply #14 - January 19, 2010, 04:23 PM

ACOGs are available with 1.5x mag. Also iron sights are still available as a backup-- base has a rear sight and you can see through to the front post. It really is an awesomely designed sight/scope.

fuck you
     Reply #15 - January 19, 2010, 04:29 PM

Any reason besides magnification and no need for batteries

That is reason enough.

Actually, my unit is an airborne unit under Special Operations, so I get the cool wiz bang gear.
    However, it is a branch that is not about hunting down HVTs, but more stuff like this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil-military_operations
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Affairs
    http://www.usacapoc.army.mil/usacapoc-a.html

btw:
    We're on standby for Haiti right now.

Reply #16 - January 19, 2010, 04:35 PM

Huh, did not realize there were civil affairs units organized like that. So do you get the SOPMOD kit and everything?

fuck you
     Reply #17 - January 19, 2010, 04:37 PM

ya, the company sound like dicks...screw em
    and lets switch to the US Optics SN12 or something

Reply #18 - January 19, 2010, 04:52 PM

Depends on the mission and what unit you are attached to.

If you are attached to a sfg you get what they have, if its an infantry unit you get what they get.
    Typically ours get most of the block one stuff

Reply #19 - January 19, 2010, 04:58 PM

Well, best of luck in Haiti. Let us know when you deploy. We'll hold a CEMB parade for ya.

fuck you
     Reply #20 - January 19, 2010, 11:06 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8468981.stm

Reply #21 - January 19, 2010, 11:13 PM

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Unfortunately, the ACOG is one of the best reflex sights around and Trijicon is the only company that makes it. Unlike the Aimpoint or EOTech red-dot sights issued to soldiers, the ACOG does not require a battery, which obviously has advantages in the field. I wonder what the military will do about this.

Don't soldiers have a history of personalising their kit?  There are many AK 47s with Arabic inscriptions on them as well.  Don't really see what's wrong.  Its not like they are distributing bibles or something.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #22 - January 19, 2010, 11:50 PM

I don't think it's *that* big a deal myself. Its just a bit jarring that in this religiously fanatical climate a leading military equipment manufacturer would even think of embedding religious messages into its products.

Reply #23 - January 19, 2010, 11:53 PM

I don't think it's *that* big a deal myself. Its just a bit jarring that in this religiously fanatical climate a leading military equipment manufacturer would even think of embedding religious messages into its products.

Actually what I have heard was that it was custom made for the soldiers who wanted it...  If they want references to bible verses on their scopes then I don't see why it should be a problem.  Probably others could have ordered something else.  Soldiers have been customizing their kit for ages.

Now if the company or the government was manufacturing these without anyone asking them, then that is another issue.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #24 - January 19, 2010, 11:58 PM

Hmmm. Actually if you read the BBC article its quite clear they print these little coded messages quite intentionally for all their scopes. Anyways, do I personally care? Nope. Even if I was serving in the army I wouldn't care. But it just seems highly irresponsible and somewhat disturbing for an arms manufacturer to be so fundamentalist.

http://www.trijicon.com/about.cfm

? Morality
    We believe that America is great when its people are good. This goodness has been based on biblical standards throughout our history and we will strive to follow those morals.

idiot2

Reply #25 - January 20, 2010, 12:10 AM

Well yes, in that case I would find such a thing objectionable..  I was under the impression that this was something that the buyers had ordered.

Reply #26 - January 20, 2010, 12:11 AM

Lol, does make me wonder how many other things you use in daily life that have hidden symbols in their serial numbers?

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-bible-passages/
     Reply #27 - January 20, 2010, 12:53 AM

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loeZ9JRAkUc

Reply #28 - January 20, 2010, 01:07 AM

Well yes, in that case I would find such a thing objectionable..  I was under the impression that this was something that the buyers had ordered.

Fuck no. I wouldn't give two shits about that.

fuck you
     Reply #29 - January 20, 2010, 01:09 AM

It is funny, because I've had an acog for years (personal one) and never noticed, because it is something you would  need to look for and know that the letter number combo at the end of the stock number meant. I'd be willing to bet pretty much everyone who has one did not notice that till now...

Interesting thing is these aren't made just for the military, but also other nations and police use them  (because they are really good), I'd bet there is a mujihadeen looking though one right now somewhere.

On a side note, I never understood born again christians who were into this stuff...doesn't their jesus tell them to go live in a cave and not play with swords or something

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »