Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Atheists Challenged on Video

(Read 24333 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Atheists Challenged on Video
     Reply #60 - March 21, 2010, 07:53 AM

Hi ahmed2010

It seems to me that the answers you keep requesting have been supplied a few times over...yet you refuse to acknowledge them. Why?
    Without going back to count, I've seen at least 4 or 5 people take your "challenge" and answer to the best of their ability, using pretty verifiable scientific evidence in a couple. Whereas, your answers to some questions put forth to you were pretty much all predicated by an unproveable belief in a supreme being.

*1) where did God come from - He always existed - Well, you'd have to believe that he sat around doing nothing until he found our little speck of dust to play with. What did he do for the other 13 or so billion years? Make the Universe and stir it around for awhile, ok, I'll accept that (yah right), maybe. If God did make all this, even just talking about our little solar system, then why did he choose to just populate one little wet rock in it? If he really wanted to show off, he woulda made all the planets habitable and we'd have swarms of little earths for him to rule over. All that wasted space doesn't seem very "God-like" to me.

*2) how can you prove Muhammad existed - Even non-muslim historians confirm that Prophet did exist - There is no doubt Mohammed existed, yes that I believe, but I also believe he was a very sick man and he basically bought or forced his initial followers into coersion. Back then sacking, looting, raping, and untold bountiful slave (sex) girls were pretty much all they needed to sign on.

*3) how can you prove the Quran we have today is the same one Muhammad revealed - Non-muslim oriantalists confirm theQuran is unchanged - Umm, even the more ardent Islamic scholars will tell you that the Quran was put together many years after his death, remembered by others (we all know how faulty memory can be), and rewritten/compiled a couple of times again many years later. That hardly seems like the word of "God" to me. Also, how would these "Non-muslim oriantalists" confirm this? Do they have a magic time machine to go back and ask your Prophet in person if this is really what he said? If not then I could hardly believe any confirmation they assume to make.

*4) what if god was lying - You assume God can lie. You are wrong. God is Truth. He never ever lies. - You assume that he can't! You also assume one exists, and we all know how assuming something turns out. Anybody can lie, even a "God". If you know this NOT to be true, please point me to this God's website, or prove that you are on speaking terms with him well enough to prove he/she is completely factual 100% of the time....since time began. Oh yah,  your God even advocates lying to get what you want from others who don't think like you, now that sounds like someone I can trust.

*5) what if there is a god but he doesn't care about you - There isn't - Whoa...back up a sec...there isn't? Well that kinda shoots down all your "proof" then eh. God does care about true believers. He doesnt care about atheists and hypocrites - I'm an atheist, how do you know God doesn't like me? I actually had a convo with him the other day and he said nothing about being mad that I didn't actually believe I was really talking with him..? I am not a liar so you must believe this as fact. I find it difficult to believe that a God would make creatures as fallible as us (in his image no less), and then PUNISH us for our failings! Doesn't make much sense does it, unless God is Fallible like his creations are. There again, all that religous crap shot to hell..or wherever it goes when shot to shit.

Sorry, no Welcome post yet folks, I just couldn't read any more without posting this.

Dave

"I will not give credit for my accomplishments to an imaginary supreme being, therefore, I also take full responsibility for all of the miserable failures in my life."
     Reply #61 - March 21, 2010, 08:20 AM

Hi Chappy,

What a first post. Glad your on board fella.  Afro
     Reply #62 - March 21, 2010, 08:25 AM

Yes, of course. But in comparison to God - Slaanesh everything is irrelevant.

Meh. Read up on this Slaanesh character. Sounds a bit staid for my liking.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #63 - March 21, 2010, 08:50 AM

Hi Chappy,

What a first post. Glad your on board fella.  Afro

uhh,Thank yuh...Thank yuh very much.

(Note to staff - can we code some Elvis impression quote tags please)
    Kidding.

Thanx Omaar! Glad my 1st impression was acceptable, or at least not enough to get me insta-banned..Wink
    I like the style you guys have here, not just a bunch of reciprocal hate flamers as on some other x-muslim sites when the believers post. You folks prefer intellect and facts instead and that's more like it.
    C'ya around!

Dave

"I will not give credit for my accomplishments to an imaginary supreme being, therefore, I also take full responsibility for all of the miserable failures in my life."
     Reply #64 - March 21, 2010, 09:00 AM

uhh,Thank yuh...Thank yuh very much.

(Note to staff - can we code some Elvis impression quote tags please)
    Kidding.

Thanx Omaar! Glad my 1st impression was acceptable, or at least not enough to get me insta-banned..Wink
    I like the style you guys have here, not just a bunch of reciprocal hate flamers as on some other x-muslim sites when the believers post. You folks prefer intellect and facts instead and that's more like it.
    C'ya around!

Dave

Thanks for the compliments. Tell us a bit about yourself. What belief system did you follow and is there anything about Islam that does interest you?
     Reply #65 - March 21, 2010, 09:26 AM

You deserve them. You should read some of the junk other x-muslims post when talking with unreasonable believers on some sites...it'd make a demon blush.

Well, I just finished a Hello post over in the Intro forum, and my fingertips hurt (diabetic neuropathy) and it's late...wow, it's Late! I would post a direct courtesy link to it for you but the s'ware won't let me do that, I'm still untrustworthy I guess, so pop on over there for more juicy details!
    What I didn't add there tho, is that I wasn't raised under any belief system other than "Say that again and I'll wash yer mouth out with soap Mister!", so I've been agnostic most of my life...show me proof.
    I have a scientific brain and don't believe things just because someone said I have too, but lately I have become a true atheist, almost anti-theist you could say. I think the world is taking a trip in a proverbial handbasket if religous/ideological dogma is allowed to take over, as it's most certainly trying to do. People literally have to take their head out of the sand and reject these ancient stories for what they are, stories and a power grab for the greedy.

Reply #66 - March 21, 2010, 11:03 AM

Meh. Read up on this Slaanesh character. Sounds a bit staid for my liking.

Slaanesh yesumeh, habibiy!
     Reply #67 - March 21, 2010, 11:16 AM

It starts with the strawman 'five questions easy to answer'
    These questions aren't at all easy to answer, at least not on a rational basis, for no one. To say 'goddidit' is not a rational answer, it isn't an answer at all. I also could say 'the pink unicorn didit' or 'it's all not real; we are dreamed by the pink unicorn', and it would be just as (in)valid as saying 'goddidit'. For a rather rational answer, it's only possible to speculate, based on the limited knowledge we have and what we can observe. So I will try it this way:

#1: Objectively, the term 'eternal' is irrational, an invalid attribute for time. We know that time is not  linear, not constant, not universally the same (-> relativity). It doesn't exist independently but it is bound to space ('spacetime') and can be influenced by physical parameters. When I say that the universe started with a singularity in which no time existed, how long did  this 'moment' prior to the big bang take? Infinitely long, because no time elapsed? Or infinitely short, again, because no time elapsed?

#2: To me, the term 'responsible' suggests a cause outside from the nature of the effect (the existence of the universe) which I regard as strawman since it already points to a supernatural entity outside, with a responsibility for everything. 
    However - the current universe is the result of the big bang. I don't know what is 'responsible' for the big bang, that depends on if there was a pre-big bang state or not (according to the 'big bounce' hypothesis from loop quantum mechanics/gravity, there was such state). If there was nothing prior to it, a rational answer isn't really possible. When I say that the exact moment prior to the big bang was a state without time (the singularity), and since causality is a function of time, I can argue that cause and effect were united in one point; the big bang was both, cause and effect.

# 3: I don't know. The knowledge about nature /natural laws are not sufficient to answer this; it depends on the physical model I use, and it always would be mere speculation. So far.

# 4: I already referred to it in #2. "To create" is based on causality (act of creation -> creation). How could it work in a timeless state where the principle of causality is invalid?

# 5:  This question, however, suggests that the big bang theory would assume that, which is not true. So the answer is simple: No, it cannot be "created" from nothing.

Reply #68 - March 21, 2010, 10:47 PM

Well stated HorrorVacui, but it's so much easier to just say "God did it" isn't it.. wacko

I guess that's what differentiates us from them, we can't simply lay things we don't or can't understand on some "God's" doorstep and say "there's your answer". That just sticks in our craw, we know everything should have an explanation, a cause and effect, and we want to find it. Even if we can't find an answer, we don't stop looking because we know that in looking for one we just may find answers for others.
    We are curious beings by nature and religions try to stifle this curiosity. They know if they're studied with a critical eye, they won't stand up to the scrutiny. It's so easy to say that some God did it when you don't understand something and just leave it at that, but that easy path would have us still in the dark ages if it could.

Some people just find life easier when they don't have to think for themselves.

Reply #69 - March 22, 2010, 08:38 PM

That is the dishonesty of religion, to sell people a pseudo-explanation which cannot be falsified. It gives them the comfortable illusion of 'truth' and a higher and holy 'sense' in everything, somthing natural science cannot compete with since scientists only can know what they can observe and explain. 
     Reply #70 - March 22, 2010, 10:58 PM

Afro

We haven't see ahmed2010 come back to challenge anything said here recently.
    Maybe he's just given up trying to convice us that Allah did everything...or maybe he's busy authoring his next "why are you guy's still not answering my questions?" post.

Reply #71 - March 22, 2010, 11:30 PM

Ahmed2010 is a troll.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #72 - March 23, 2010, 01:33 AM

Ahmed2010 is a troll.

But we didn't answer his questions (enough times)!
    How can we expect him to stay if we don't conform to his beliefs?

C'mon...we gotta be more easily converted than we cuurently are in order for those ahmed's of the world to wanna stay. Let's say we all just pick up a Qur'an right now and prostrate ourselves...maybe he'll come back. I'll put on some pork chops in case he does.
     piggy

Reply #73 - March 26, 2010, 03:24 PM

But we didn't answer his questions (enough times)!
    How can we expect him to stay if we don't conform to his beliefs?

C'mon...we gotta be more easily converted than we cuurently are in order for those ahmed's of the world to wanna stay. Let's say we all just pick up a Qur'an right now and prostrate ourselves...maybe he'll come back. I'll put on some pork chops in case he does.
     piggy

Cheesy

How can we take a guy with an intro post like this seriously:

im Ahmed, a born muslim.
    i hope to talk to you all. i hope after a chat you guys will return to Islam.
    its the only true religion.

Reply #74 - April 24, 2010, 10:51 PM

I emailed Prof Desclain. He will include some of these replies in his next video and challenge what atheists have said.
    He is producing series of youtube lectures on universe and evidence for God.
     Reply #75 - April 24, 2010, 11:12 PM

I emailed Prof Desclain. He will include some of these replies in his next video and challenge what atheists have said.
    He is producing series of youtube lectures on universe and evidence for God.

I await with baited breath!  Afro
     Reply #76 - April 25, 2010, 12:35 AM

I fully expect to be converted to theism by his next video

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #77 - April 25, 2010, 12:56 AM

The answer is quite simple; read Arthur Schopenhauer's works.

PS. I will not be held responsible if you get depressed and want to commit suicide after reading his works.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »