Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 11:11 phenomena

(Read 9319 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 11:11 phenomena
     OP - January 03, 2010, 01:39 AM

Are any of you guys here aware of the 11:11 phenomena? I'd like to hear what you think about it. Here's an article which describes it, please read it all before making up your mind:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/02/1111/
  • Re: 11:11 phenomena
     Reply #1 - January 03, 2010, 01:44 AM

"Personal Development for Smart People"  Cheesy

I couldn't read past that!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - January 03, 2010, 01:50 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #3 - January 03, 2010, 02:09 AM

Are any of you guys here aware of the 11:11 phenomena? I'd like to hear what you think about it. Here's an article which describes it, please read it all before making up your mind:

Funnily enough, it reminded me of our discussion here when you were saying that strange coincidences happened in your life to help you and seemed something other than pure chance

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - January 03, 2010, 02:14 AM

I prefer 2:42 over 11:11
     Reply #5 - January 03, 2010, 02:17 AM

why?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - January 03, 2010, 02:30 AM

The music's better  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBLwU_sq6Y
     Reply #7 - January 03, 2010, 02:31 AM

Funnily enough, it reminded me of our discussion here when you were saying that strange coincidences happened in your life to help you and seemed something other than pure chance

Did you read the entire article? Tongue

Edit: Btw, he isn't the only one who noticed the number 11:11, when he posted that article there were like 30 pages in the thread on his forum with people confirming it that they also noticed it
     Reply #8 - January 03, 2010, 02:56 AM

Hey, you ever noticed the 19 miracle in the quran?  forget 30 pages on some forum, here we have millions who believe in it!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - January 03, 2010, 03:02 AM

that one was debunked a long time ago, the muslims lied about the numbers (said something like the word 'month' appears 30 times when it didn't). Did you read the full article though? You really should give someone the chance to defend themselves before you sentence him/her to death  whistling2
     Reply #10 - January 03, 2010, 03:13 AM

that one was debunked a long time ago, the muslims lied about the numbers (said something like the word 'month' appears 30 times when it didn't).

Its not been debunked at all, the followers behind this miracle are still growing

Did you read the full article though? You really should give someone the chance to defend themselves before you sentence him/her to death  whistling2

I skimmed it

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - January 03, 2010, 03:15 AM

I suggest you read it fully so you at least understand its argument/evidence
     Reply #12 - January 03, 2010, 03:21 AM

Its too long for somebody and something I couldnt care less about. However I would be happy to read the conclusions you have drawn from it Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - January 03, 2010, 03:27 AM

Its not really that long. 10-15 mins max. It'll take me longer to type a summary of it than to just read it.
     Reply #14 - January 03, 2010, 03:42 AM

Do you believe this "phenomenon" has any real significance?

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #15 - January 03, 2010, 04:55 AM

I don't know really. I wanted to hear your opinions about it. Have any of you experienced it, i.e if you add up your postal code, phone number, address, etc you get the number 11 or 11:11, or that you notice this number repeatedly on bills, receipts, the number of your car, etc?

I have experienced it in both my postal code and address.

The article says that some people also get the numbers 1234 or 444
     Reply #16 - January 03, 2010, 04:56 AM

Here's something freaky, my last post was made at  10:55:10 pm.
    1+0+5+5 = 11 (from 10:55)
    5 + 5 + 1 = 11 (from 55:10 PM)
    11:11
     wacko

Btw I'm talking about forum time, read the time on my last post. I had no way of knowing the forum time, its AM and a different time where I am
     Reply #17 - January 03, 2010, 11:05 AM

You are only noticing 11:11 because you are looking for a 11:11 pattern there is nothing supernatural about it.
     Reply #18 - January 03, 2010, 11:25 AM

This guys is a dumbass, he completely dismisses rational evidence:

ow any good skeptic will stop at this point and say that this is simply the result of self-suggestion. You get the belief stuck in your head that you?ll see more 11s, so your reticular activating system begins finding them in your environment and bringing them to your conscious attention. There will seem to be more 11s simply because you?re noticing the existing 11s more often. You may be creating some of those 11s unknowingly, and you may also be subconsciously pre-selecting the right numbers to check.

These logical explanations are perfectly fine. They?re nice and neat and tidy. You can certainly claim that I was subconsciously noticing more 11s because that?s what I expected to see. I?m not going to argue that point because it turns out that it doesn?t matter In fact, I?ll go so far as to concede that point.

No the reason why he is not going to argue that point is become he has no counter-argument which has any sort of validity, he would much rather delude himself - no reason to argue with an insane person, as they will always believe they are right no matter how much evidence you present to them. A delusion is just that. 

So if you?re a hard-nosed skeptic, the 11:11 phenomenon must still be validly explainable according to your current beliefs. It cannot violate your beliefs, for that would violate the cosmic principle of free will.

Scepticism is not a believe:

The word skepticism can characterize a position on a single claim, but in scholastic circles more frequently describes a lasting mind-set. Skepticism is an approach to accepting, rejecting, or suspending judgment on new information that requires the new information to be well supported by argument or evidence. - wiki

Anyway, I've read rest of the article, it is a complete appeal to emotion - liberated, dude you are really wasting your time reading this nonsense, humans are too week to concede there is no meaning to life, thus you try to seek meaning where there is none....

There is no purpose to life thinking that all life must have a purpose is a pre-Darwinian Aristotelian preposition - Immanuel Kant showed that it is not necessary that every event has a cause. This belief is merely based on habit not on reason.

Try reading some books on logic, scepticism and critical thinking. 

Here is a website I use for majority of my on-line academic reading/research:

http://www.scribd.com/

You can search for books and read them there for free.
     Reply #19 - January 03, 2010, 12:24 PM

wacko

Btw I'm talking about forum time, read the time on my last post. I had no way of knowing the forum time, its AM and a different time where I am

A matter of posibilities of huge numbers . If you allow there to be an unlimited number of possible chances then you will find a lot of examples where your result is working, but that shouldn't make you forget all those times it didn't work. It's exactly the same with the 19-miracle in the qur'an or all the other number-miracles in the bible and the qur'an. You display when it works, but doesn't think about it when it doesn't work. It's that easy. I thought of my current postal-code. It summed up to 11. Then I thought of my former postal-code it summed up to 13, hmm forget about that. My telephone number summed up to 6, forget about that. My wife's tl.no summed 11, yes. My parents number was 8, forget about that. My brother was 10, forget about that. The time is locally 13:21=7, forget about that, but if I wait 4 minutes it will be 11, yes. And etc, etc.
     Reply #20 - January 03, 2010, 02:53 PM

How come no one's answered if they notice the 11:11 number in their lives?  Cheesy

The probabilities of it occurring repeatedly are very low. The probability of the time being 10:55:01 exactly the time I posted the last message is not so high. And this stuff has happened a few times before as well, I asked someone about it and noticed an 11 11 somewhere around.  Cheesy

Earlier this morning I was sort of asking that if there's any kind of intelligence in the universe to give me a sign. My eyes were closed and I was lying on the bed. And suddenly the light of my room came on and I noticed a lot of while light spreading in my room, when I opened my eyes I saw that the power had come back on and my the tube light had gotten back on as a result.

Now yea, you can say that the power just happened to come back exactly as I was asking for a sign and I felt white light spreading in the room. Personally I'm not so sure.

P.S I've asked the 'intelligence' to give me repeated signs for 3 days so I know for sure. I'll tell you guys if anything else happens.
     Reply #21 - January 03, 2010, 04:32 PM

Are you asking for these signs at a fixed time of day.  Or can it be anything mildly extraordinary at any time of day?

Any time of the day. I think I should increase the time limit to a week though. Sometimes when I've asked for stuff like this nothing happens for a few days and then suddenly I get what I was asking for a week-2 weeks later.

Cheesy In that case I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for  Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #22 - January 03, 2010, 06:02 PM

Say what you want about King Tut, he pwned this thread. Case closed.

I think you're a theist Liberated. Just admit it instead of beating around the bush.

Reply #23 - January 03, 2010, 06:36 PM

I believe tut forgot to quote the rest of the paragraph from where he took that quote, let me quote it all up here.
    These logical explanations are perfectly fine. They?re nice and neat and tidy. You can certainly claim that I was subconsciously noticing more 11s because that?s what I expected to see. I?m not going to argue that point because it turns out that it doesn?t matter. In fact, I?ll go so far as to concede that point; as it turns out, this is precisely how reality must work if you?re a skeptic.

You see? it?s part of the nature of reality that anything you experience is automatically projected within the framework of your belief system. So if you?re a hard-nosed skeptic, the 11:11 phenomenon must still be validly explainable according to your current beliefs. It cannot violate your beliefs, for that would violate the cosmic principle of free will. The universe cannot show you anything which you?ve intentionally chosen to block from your reality.

Skeptics have plenty of ways to explain my 11:11 experiences, and from the skeptic?s perspective, all of those explanations will seem valid. And indeed, they are valid from within the skeptic?s reference frame. They cannot be otherwise.

That?s one reason why 11:11 is such an interesting phenomenon. Because it works in the realm of improbable but not impossible events (as viewed through an objective lens), it?s able to sneak past the filters that would ordinarily prevent it from reaching your reality at all.

There are many phenomena which an objective belief system will block completely, meaning that there are events in space-time that people with objective beliefs systems will never, ever perceive because their beliefs will block such events 100%. It?s like trying to perceive the color blue while peering through red lenses. However, due to its probabilistic nature, 11:11 is able to get around these filters. Why? Because it always leaves you the out of claiming it was luck, chance, coincidence, or the result of auto-suggestion or hypnosis.

This is why 11:11 is such an insidious doorway. It?s reality?s way of inserting a thought virus through a backdoor into an objective belief system. Once this virus takes root, it begins to dismantle limiting objective beliefs, gradually supplanting them with a more accurate model of reality.

11:11?s purpose is positive, although it may not seem that way when it first takes hold. It?s purpose is ultimately to destroy your belief in a physically grounded objectified reality. This makes it possible for you to discover and perceive more accurate ways of viewing reality.

You can do your best to explain away the surging 11s any way you like. You can cage those experiences in a vault of hard logic. But once you?ve been infected, it?s only a matter of time before your old beliefs begin to crack.

Week after week and month after month, the 11s keep coming. You keep noticing 11:11 on the clock. It?s like you?re being stalked by the number 11 and just can?t shake it. Your logical explanations don?t stop the phenomenon from arising.

Permit yourself a few months, maybe a few years of this, and eventually you?ll reach the point where you?ve had enough. What will you do when five years have passed, and these 11s as well as 11:11 keep popping up all over your environment like a broken record? Will you keep reminding yourself of all the logical reasons such events continue to arise within your otherwise neat and tidy objective universe?

The more you try to disregard and ignore the 11s, the stronger they become. They practically demand your attention.

The 11s are like a pesky ghost that keeps making its presence known. Turning your back on the ghost only makes it more persistent in trying to get your attention. You can deny the ghost?s existence. You can try to explain it away. You can convince yourself that it?s just your imagination and that you?re creating it. Yet no matter how you try to frame it, the ghost persists.

Reply #24 - January 03, 2010, 07:37 PM

The 11s are like a pesky ghost that keeps making its presence known. Turning your back on the ghost only makes it more persistent in trying to get your attention. You can deny the ghost?s existence. You can try to explain it away. You can convince yourself that it?s just your imagination and that you?re creating it. Yet no matter how you try to frame it, the ghost persists.

No worries it won't. This is not the first numerology-ideology I have come across and non of them haunts me the least Smiley

Yeah sure I'm a skeptic, and sure it's because it's easily explainable.

How come no one's answered if they notice the 11:11 number in their lives?

I'm pretty sure I gave you some examples, and also illustrated why it's BS.

The probabilities of it occurring repeatedly are very low. The probability of the time being 10:55:01 exactly the time I posted the last message is not so high. And this stuff has happened a few times before as well, I asked someone about it and noticed an 11 11 somewhere around.

It happened a few times before as well? Ok how much time went by when nothing was happening. Have you tried to look at your other posts. You might find a 11:11 or just one 11 among them, but it's just the 'magic' of high numbers.

Here's something freaky, my last post was made at  10:55:10 pm.

And your example perfectly illustrates this. You stretch the rule here so that you can use the same number twice, thereby adding an infinite number of examples to the already infinite number of examples you had to play with Smiley

"Are you having a laugh?"
     Reply #25 - January 03, 2010, 07:53 PM

And your example perfectly illustrates this. You stretch the rule here so that you can use the same number twice, thereby adding an infinite number of examples to the already infinite number of examples you had to play with

Explain how I did that? The time was 10:55:01 pm. I added 1 + 5 + 5 = 11, and 5+ 5+ 1 = 11.
     Reply #26 - January 03, 2010, 08:11 PM

Liberated i do not mean to embarass you but here is couple lines from the article:
    The fascinating thing about 11:11 is that it runs backwards and forwards through one?s life.

So when you first start noticing the 11s in your life, you?ll find they run through your past as well as your present and future.

When I was first exposed to this idea, I thought I was going nuts because it seemed that my whole life was infested with these hidden 11s.

Every 11 things you touch, One of them will be related to the number 11. The only coincidence, and that is the only coincidence that will actually 'drive me nuts', is if the coincidences do not exist.

This shit, this asshole, is using people's lack of understanding of discrete math. Otherwise known as 'finite mathematics'. We call it 'finite' because it is in the business of turning the chaos of infinity and 'very very large numbers', into things the human mind can measure and understand.

For example, in a book, if you measure the occurrences of the number 3, then 7 and then 11, you will find that if you find 1000 coincidence.

Number 3 will have 587 funny/happy/stupendous/surprising/auspicious occurences.
    Number 7 will have 251 funny/happy/stupendous/surprising/auspicious occurences.
    Number 11 will have 160 funny/happy/stupendous/surprising/auspicious occurences.

The only coincidence Liberated, is if the occurences deviate from the ratio.
    You need to immediately buy and read the book 'Demon Haunted World' by Carl Sagan. You seem to have an underlying psychological requirement to believe in the supernatural. There is very little I or anyone can do. This is dictated by your genetics. You are on a good track though to beat your programming and the only way to free yourself from this is to acquire more knowledge and more cynicism.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #27 - January 03, 2010, 08:23 PM

wacko

What are the numbers of the clock supposed to add up to?
    As in, what are all the finite possibilities, of the numbers of the clock adding up to?

You have a range from 00:00 to 23:59

If you can not answer this exercise, then please please please step the fvck away from numerology. For your own good and for the good of people who depend on you. If you are not interested in answering the exercise I suggested to you, then you are not interested in knownig how numbers work, you are only interested in fidning some magic to worship.

And there are plenty of magicians who will provide for you some repackaged discrete magic to worship.

And for your own edification, the number of month in the koran is mentioned 12 times, the number of days is 30 times. The koran writers, came up with a very convoluted book, with the stories being inserted without any continuity or continuous logic, but they took the time, to remove/insert the word month(s) 12 times, and the word 'day(s)' 30 times. Just so they can sell the discrete magic shit to some of their readers who have a disposition to fall for magic/bullshit.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #28 - January 03, 2010, 08:57 PM

A matter of posibilities of huge numbers . If you allow there to be an unlimited number of possible chances then you will find a lot of examples where your result is working, but that shouldn't make you forget all those times it didn't work. It's exactly the same with the 19-miracle in the qur'an or all the other number-miracles in the bible and the qur'an. You display when it works, but doesn't think about it when it doesn't work. It's that easy. I thought of my current postal-code. It summed up to 11. Then I thought of my former postal-code it summed up to 13, hmm forget about that. My telephone number summed up to 6, forget about that. My wife's tl.no summed 11, yes. My parents number was 8, forget about that. My brother was 10, forget about that. The time is locally 13:21=7, forget about that, but if I wait 4 minutes it will be 11, yes. And etc, etc.

I have 2 phone numbers, one summed up to 11 (yeah!!!), the other was 13 (Naaah!!!).
    Hey guys, it is fun,.... Please add up your phone number and let's make a poll. Just say yes or No if your phone numbers sum up to 11!

Reply #29 - January 03, 2010, 10:56 PM

NO
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »