- Incognito/private browsing mode will ensure cookies and history are deleted by your browser when you close it.
- If you are paranoid and your parents (or elder jerk siblings) are computer savvy, and there is a wireless router that you connect through, and this router logs recent internet history (unlikely), you need to worry about deleting that shit too.
- If you are worried about websites you visit logging your IP address and finding roughly where you live, you need to use a proxy like TOR. If you live in a muslim country and there are findies left right and centre, this is the best option.
- If you are worried about mice, get a cat.
I'm in the second category. I'm not sure if the router logs internet history or not but my dad is very tech savvy so I can't take the risk.
1) How do I delete files from the router? I access most of my controversial material from mobile devices on incognito/private mode. I know about deleting history, but what are temp files and do I need to worry about deleting these from mobile devices, too?
2) Will using an SSL proxy from now on prevent further history being logged by our home router? I am thinking more in advance, as I am planning to 'run away' in two years' time, and it would be pretty shit to be traced just by my father taking a quick look at internet history via the router...
I live in England btw. Help/advice re: these questions would be really appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and help others