Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Guide to accessing this forum from a muslim country

(Read 31839 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Guide to accessing this forum from a muslim country
     OP - December 28, 2009, 10:44 PM

If you're in a muslim country (like I am), especially one which has laws which can get you in trouble if your apostasy can be found out, its best that you don't access this forum directly.

Instead, you should do a google search for 'free ssl proxy', and pick from one of the many proxies which are available, and use that to access this forum.

The advantage of using an SSL proxy is that all data being transfered between you and the proxy is encrypted, which means your ISP/government would not be able to see the data which is being sent/received, and will not be able to see the posts you make, etc.

To know if you're using an SSL proxy or a regular one, check if you're visiting 'http://your-proxy.com' or 'https://your-proxy.com'. The 's' in the https:// means 'secure' and indicates that you're using a secure, SSL proxy.

Hope this helps and saves someone's head  Afro. Please feel free to suggest other ways to add protection if you know of any.
  • Re: Guide to accessing this forum from a muslim country
     Reply #1 - December 28, 2009, 11:52 PM

In Yemen, every freakin' proxy is blocked. The only way I could use a proxy is download a program called "HotSpot Shield" from a program downloading website, not it's official site.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #2 - December 29, 2009, 12:54 AM

they cant block all proxies, there are 100s!
     Reply #3 - December 29, 2009, 02:17 PM

they cant block all proxies, there are 100s!

I tried MANY MANY of them, each time I found it blocked. The one time I found one which wasn't blocked got blocked after I used it for 5 months. My cousin showed me the program I posted above, and it really kicked ass.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #4 - December 29, 2009, 04:02 PM

Try this one and tell me if its blocked?

https://twolulu.com/
     Reply #5 - December 29, 2009, 04:25 PM

Try this one and tell me if its blocked?

https://twolulu.com/

It actually worked. Guess I didn't look enough  Roll Eyes
    Thanks BTW  Wink

Reply #6 - December 29, 2009, 04:31 PM

That hotshot shield program infidel spoke about is excellent! Gives me a new IP address and blocked websites work! Better than SSL proxies Imo  dance
     Reply #7 - December 29, 2009, 04:46 PM

Do you think we should move this over to the "Questions? Problems? Suggestions?" section, just in case anyone else is suffering from this problem too?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - December 29, 2009, 05:04 PM

Feel free to move it if you think this belongs there. Might be a good idea to sticky this as well so it won't get pushed down by newer threads.
     Reply #9 - February 08, 2010, 02:16 PM

Question: Suppose I am going to use an SSL proxy to browse this website from home (browsing it from work isn't much of an issue), Liberated says the ISP/Gov cannot see the posts I make, which is fantastic and all, but... can they determine what website I am posting in? One wouldn't need to read the content of my posts, just looking at the URL might give me away.

Thanks in advance.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #10 - February 09, 2010, 11:25 AM

Question: Suppose I am going to use an SSL proxy to browse this website from home (browsing it from work isn't much of an issue), Liberated says the ISP/Gov cannot see the posts I make, which is fantastic and all, but... can they determine what website I am posting in? One wouldn't need to read the content of my posts, just looking at the URL might give me away.

Thanks in advance.

No they can't see which sites you visit, because the URL you visit should be encrypted, i.e something like:

instead of

I recommend the Hotspot Shield program infidel suggested though. It sits in the background and automatically encrypts everything so you don't have to go to the proxy site each time. But if you're not too technical and won't know how to install it then just visit the proxy Smiley
     Reply #11 - February 09, 2010, 11:40 AM

Sweet. Thanks Smiley

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #12 - February 09, 2010, 02:51 PM

Naerys, I'd also like to recommend you the option of using TOR. I explained a bit in this posting (in short, visit: https://www.torproject.org/torbrowser/ and use Firefox+TOR in a simple bundle).

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #13 - February 09, 2010, 03:19 PM

Many, many thanks, Aziz. I'll try it when I get home and will let you know how it works.  Afro

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #14 - February 09, 2010, 08:16 PM

Well it seems to be working alright. However I noticed that the website loads more slowly than usual. But it's no big deal. Thanks again Smiley

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #15 - February 09, 2010, 08:28 PM

Tor is the best proxy system available and is untraceable. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #16 - February 09, 2010, 08:38 PM

Well it seems to be working alright. However I noticed that the website loads more slowly than usual. But it's no big deal. Thanks again Smiley

Great! Now you're a super-anonymous ex-Muslim chick on ze Internet grin12. But yeah, that's the only downside of TOR. Though, it should be enough for just browsing forums.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #17 - January 04, 2011, 05:32 PM

In Yemen, every freakin' proxy is blocked. The only way I could use a proxy is download a program called "HotSpot Shield" from a program downloading website, not it's official site.

Hi,
    I have just downloaded Hotspot Shield and using it to access this forum and other blocked sites in my country of residence.
    It is bit annoying. Though my concern is that is it safe in terms of privacy? How is your experience
     Reply #18 - January 04, 2011, 10:48 PM

I've used HotSpot Shield many times (always gives me a US ip address) to access some US sites that blocked UK.  Absolute rubbish at trying to watch a video with it though, despite them saying it's unlimited bandwidth. 

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #19 - May 11, 2011, 04:00 AM

Do they track all this shiz there? Oh man it sure should be horrific to dwell in one of those hellholes then..

PS: Hotspot shield's the best option, yes.
     Reply #20 - May 16, 2011, 04:56 PM

Try using Scroogle instead of Google. You can get it in a good few languages, and it's safer because none of your searches are recorded and neither is your IP address.
     Reply #21 - September 16, 2012, 01:54 PM

bump

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #22 - September 16, 2012, 01:57 PM

Hi chaku,

I'm glad you've contacted us. She might be all alone at her place, but on the Internet she doesn't have to. Smiley

Using a proxy will not hide your identity at all. It doesn't provide true anonymity. If she's living in an Islamic country where the Internet traffic is analyzed and filtered at a nation-wide level, then you will have to use something better than simple proxies or tunnels. (See countries with Internet censorship). Simple proxies won't work, because all of your requests will go unencrypted through the network wires of the Internet company controlled by the government. You can only avoid the snooping of the government, if you use encrypted and secure connections.

Not only does the content of the website have to be encrypted, but also the DNS request. A DNS server tells your computer the IP-address associated with the domain name you type in your address bar. It's basically the Internet's telephone book. So, for example, "councilofexmuslims.com" will resolve to "64.91.228.45". Most home computers are set to use the Internet company's DNS server by default. It can be changed relatively easily, but anonymizing software should take care of this anyway.

AFAIK, there are 2 ways to surf anonymously:

1. TOR
    2. VPN (Virtual Private Network)

I think using TOR will be the easiest way for her to browse safely. Here you can download a software bundle that contains Firefox and TOR: https://www.torproject.org/torbrowser/

It could be that connections to the TOR network are completely blocked in her country. The manual says that there is a way around this (bridge relay addresses), but let's first see if she can connect normally.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #23 - September 21, 2012, 07:23 PM

Tor has been working quite well for the past few days but it's not working today!! >.<"
     Reply #24 - October 07, 2012, 05:45 PM

Try securitykiss or hotspot shield

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #25 - October 07, 2012, 06:24 PM

I am not in an Islamic country. But can my parents contact the ISP or log onto the ISP's website or any other site where they can see a history of the websites i visited?

I delete the browsing history and temp files but is there any other way they can check what websites I visited?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #26 - October 07, 2012, 06:54 PM

99% sure not.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #27 - October 07, 2012, 06:55 PM

Unless they have some sort of parental control thing installed. If not, just use google chrome -> incognito and you're good.

Reply #28 - October 07, 2012, 09:12 PM

- Incognito/private browsing mode will ensure cookies and history are deleted by your browser when you close it.

- If you are paranoid and your parents (or elder jerk siblings) are computer savvy, and there is a wireless router that you connect through, and this router logs recent internet history (unlikely), you need to worry about deleting that shit too.

- If you are worried about websites you visit logging your IP address and finding roughly where you live, you need to use a proxy like TOR.  If you live in a muslim country and there are findies left right and centre, this is the best option. Afro

- If you are worried about mice, get a cat.

kthnxbai

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #29 - October 08, 2012, 10:05 AM

^ Is TOR more secure than a VPN?

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »