Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mohammad's Medicine

(Read 3794 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mohammad's Medicine
     OP - December 27, 2009, 02:58 PM

Have you guys had the exhaled breathing with a recitation from the Quran medicine performed on you? Spiritual healing can not seriously still be used in Islam today? I wonder what muslim MDs think of the following:

It cures the following:

Snake, scorpion, insect bites, earache, breaks, fractures, wounding and also sword cuts.

Too bad it doesn't cure physical lameness.

Ekva's son Seleme has been wounded in his leg in Hayber.He comes to Mohammed.
    Mohammed gives three exhaled breathings.In other words he prays and gives breathings three times.
    Then Seleme had no problem,no pain,no suffer.(see;Buhari,e's-Sahih,kitabu'l-Meğazi/3Cool.

I am trying to find information on this. This is actually still performed today, though I doubt anybody actually believes it cures anything.  

There also the spittle of Mohammed:
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/026.smt.html#026.5459

Shahih Muslim Book 026, Number 5459:

This hadith has been reported on the authority of Abu Bishr with the same the same chain of transmitters (with these words): That he recited Umm-ul-Qur'an (Sura Fatiha), and he collected his spittle and he applied that and the person became all right.

Shahih Muslim Book 026, Number 5460:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported. We landed at a place where a woman came to us and said: A scorpiorn has bitten the chief of the tribe. Is there any incantator amongst you? A person amongst us stood up (and went with her). We had no idea that he had been a good incantator but he practised incantation with the help of Sura al -Fatiha and the (the chief) was all right. They gave him a flock of sheep and served us milk. We said (to him): Are you a good incantatory Thereupon he said: I did not do it but by the help of Sura al-Fitiha. He caid: Do not drive (these goats) until we go to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and find out (whether it is permissible to accept ( this reward of incantation). So we came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon hin) and made a rrention of that to him, whereupon he said: How did you come to know that this (Sura al-Fatiha) could be used as an incantation? So distribute them (amongst those who had been present there with him) and allocate a share of mine also.

SOURCE:
    http://www.turandursun.net/en/criticism/mohammads-medicine.html
  • Re: Mohammad's Medicine
     Reply #1 - December 27, 2009, 05:59 PM

In regards to the fly miracle, check this article out:

http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2002/10/01/689400.htm

More on this miracle:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/hadiths_of_the_fly.htm

The thing, they say the hadith is not Mutawatir yet they link to scientific articles. In any case the hadith says:

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

And then they say the wording verbatim can be wrong because the hadith is not mutawatir. The thing you can't make a cure by his method anyways. 

"The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract."

And it's silly to say that one wing has the cure and the other doesn't. It has to be a full-time job to be an Islamic apologist. The funniest bit is how the kuffars are doing the research. And the musims go well look the prophet predicted this 1400 years ago, but if anybody points out discrepancies in the hadith they go well that Particular hadith is not mutawatir. Even though it's in a Sahik Bukhari.
     Reply #2 - December 27, 2009, 11:29 PM

What I find funny from the 'answering christianity' website is the following:

"With regard to worldly matters: this happened to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). With regard to agriculture, medicine, carpentry, etc., he was like all other people. Allaah did not tell us that he was sent to us as a businessman or a farmer or a carpenter or a doctor. His mistakes in these fields are quite natural and do not impact on his Message at all."

If he was fallible like any human then why the fuck do so many Muslims elevate him to the most perfect, glorious and greatest man who ever has and ever will exist? if he was a fallible human then how does he explain the blind emulation by so many Muslims of Muhammad's intricacies?

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #3 - December 27, 2009, 11:55 PM

lol I've read this way before, where exactly did you get that quote and what is it in reference to?
     Reply #4 - December 28, 2009, 12:13 AM

lol I've read this way before, where exactly did you get that quote and what is it in reference to?

What I quoted is in that answering christianity link you provided Smiley

Here is this gem. I think what is even more funny is the fact that the author of the answering christianity website said that the hadiths aren't infallible and without error:

The Hadiths (Sayings) of the Prophet were officially compiled in the authenticated volumes, or the Sahih Volumes, around 200 years after his death.  This means that it is quite possible, and highly probable, that many Hadiths that we have today are not in their original forms.  They had been altered, either intentionally or unintentionally.

Then why the fuck is Bakhari and Muslim both considered sahih! if it contains error's then by reason alone, it is no longer sahih! if a book is labelled sahih then all the contents must be SAHIH! finmad What the hell is it with some Muslims with their fucking linguistic gymnastics - if all the contents can't be assured that they are sahih then don't label it as such!  finmad

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #5 - December 28, 2009, 12:20 AM

I'm not sure if this a recent trend, because of the massive criticism of hadiths.
     Reply #6 - December 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

It's only sahih if that particular muslim agrees with it Tongue
     Reply #7 - December 28, 2009, 12:30 AM

I'm not sure if this a recent trend, because of the massive criticism of hadiths.

The criticisms of hadiths have been far and few between. If there are flaws in the hadiths then why not remove sahih from the name? if there are flaws I've yet to hear a single scholar come out and say, "you should completely ignore [zyx] hadith" - the most I've heard has been the relegation to weak which quite frankly still makes it valid given that it is still contained in a book with the name sahih on the cover.

Scholars won't do that because the rigidity of the hadith/sunnah gives them power by being able to codified rulings that are set in stone and cannot be questioned. It is a power trip but too bad most Muslims ignorant to see such an obvious reality that exists.

Reply #8 - December 28, 2009, 08:30 PM

It's only sahih if that particular muslim agrees with it Tongue

I used to do that. However coming back to the point Sahih does not imply the whole contents of the book if authentic, just that most of it is. However, many scholars still find discrepancies in a lot of sahih hadith as well as contradictions so it is mind-boggling in a sense sicne how do we really know which ones to trust. I now the first rule is that the hadith can not contradict with the Qur'an and if there are discrepancies than there must be plausible reconciliation between that hadith and the tenets of Islam otherwise scholars will rule it as unreliable.

However I for one do not believe all those thousands of sahih hadith came from the mouth of Muhammad or were 100% accurate replications of them. The fact that only a handful of people were able to remember them and pass these saying down via oral tradition without any fuck ups is really far fetched especially considering there was a whole lot to memorise before they were written down. There needs to be more criticism in to these sources form Islamic scholars and secular ones.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #9 - December 28, 2009, 10:40 PM

There's criticism alright, and very biased ones too! The only people who could do it critically without bias are those with no agenda in favour of or against Islam.
     Reply #10 - December 31, 2009, 10:00 PM

"It is related from the Prophet that over each leaf and seed of the isfand plant an angel is appointed so that through its bark and roots and branches grief and sorcery are set aside." Baqir Majlisi

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »