Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: aliens?

(Read 3450 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • aliens?
     OP - December 24, 2009, 06:14 AM

So my mother came back from a majilis (which I have to go on the weekend, deathhhhhh wish gahhh)

and w/e I let her speak about her beliefs and her "Convincing" me to believe 'cause otherwise she's a failure as a parent. anyways we have the exact same argument (now it's just I let her speak her nonsense and just laugh to myself) every 2 / 3 months, which is always the same redundant futile loop.

she mentioned how the quran mentions aliens... wtf

anyone know any verse that talks about this hahah

Closets after closets
  • Re: aliens?
     Reply #1 - December 24, 2009, 08:10 AM

LOL. Aliens Cheesy

Perhaps she might want to provide the Surah:Verse number so we can clarify things a bit?

EDIT: Not to mention it doesn't prove anything AT ALL. Not even remotely. I mean what the hell does aliens in the Qur'an have to do with the religion/book being true?

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #2 - December 24, 2009, 08:39 AM

lol

I think she meant Lord of the Worlds? Rab ul Alemin? That there are other worlds? But again, what does that mean in the Quranic context? And back in 7th century Arabia?
     Reply #3 - December 25, 2009, 08:54 AM

I have no idea guys! she just used in an argment about the "miracles in the book" i was like seriously WTF the entire time

btw my mom is one of the religious nuts in denial, she contradicts herself soo much and when I call her out on it, she's lik e"you are so twisted! you're turning my words against me"

and i'm like wtf? lol good lord religion really fucks with peoples mind, and I used to think my mom was supremely intelligant, now it's just looking at a crazy person...

Closets after closets
     Reply #4 - December 28, 2009, 08:57 AM

lol this still makes me chuckle, so if there are aliens, then how is god guiding them? the quran is the lord of all the worlds, for all of mankind and jinn, as far as i know there are no other beings, how is god guiding them? how can they even exist and not be mentioned (clearly) in the quran?
     Reply #5 - December 28, 2009, 06:27 PM

what about dinosaurs, I hear they are mentioned too. Cheesy

"A donkey with a load of holy books is still a donkey"-Sufi Proverb

"Where there is great doubt, there will be great awakening; small doubt, small awakening, no doubt, no awakening."-Zen Saying
     Reply #6 - December 28, 2009, 06:41 PM

Maybe Allah himself is an alien?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - January 10, 2010, 01:19 AM

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »