Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: BBC DOCUMENTARY LOOKING FOR NON-MUSLIM MOHAMMADS

(Read 34020 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: BBC DOCUMENTARY LOOKING FOR NON-MUSLIM MOHAMMADS
     Reply #120 - February 24, 2010, 10:02 PM

Billy, they will have a former atheist former skinhead convert to Islam on the program. *shakes head*
     Reply #121 - February 24, 2010, 10:10 PM

Wow - will be great on youtube with the brothers and sisters gloating about how Islam is victorious for their dawah propaganda.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #122 - February 24, 2010, 10:12 PM

It's always rapists, and criminals or just complete idiots of society wanting to convert to Islam.
     Reply #123 - February 24, 2010, 10:59 PM

be careful Tut, we have a few ex-converts to Islam here e.g. Nour (who was not an excon as far as I know Wink)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #124 - February 24, 2010, 11:30 PM

I look forward to it. Too bad I couldn't participate.
     Reply #125 - February 24, 2010, 11:42 PM

Why not IA?
     Reply #126 - February 25, 2010, 12:04 AM

Well I was traveling out of the UK when they were filming it. Initially two producers contacted me and they were eager to include me in the programme. I told them that I would get in touch with them when I get back to the UK.
    After I came back, I called twice and left voice messages but they didn't respond. I guess they had already wrapped up by then.

I wasn't gonna show my face anyway !
     Reply #127 - February 25, 2010, 02:42 AM

be careful Tut, we have a few ex-converts to Islam here e.g. Nour (who was not an excon as far as I know Wink)

And Manat and awais. These folks are anything but criminals and idiots.

fuck you
     Reply #128 - February 25, 2010, 09:12 AM

It's always rapists, and criminals or just complete idiots of society wanting to convert to Islam.

No...No apart from those bums., there are quite a few smart guys..(or NUT cases in my view) converted in to Islam. And some converted for Sex/marriage, some converted to save their ancestral property and some converted to save their lives.   Off course at that time  all these guys neither  they read Quran carefully nor they understood its meanings., They just did it for the sake of Allah  to save their butts and petty needs..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #129 - February 25, 2010, 09:30 AM

Jeffery Lang was not a criminal or crazy or stupid. Come on guys. Also, I happen to know muslim converts and I find it rude that you say they were criminals, stupid or doing it for material gains.

Reply #130 - February 25, 2010, 03:52 PM

Jeffery Lang was not a criminal or crazy or stupid. Come on guys. Also, I happen to know muslim converts and I find it rude that you say they were criminals, stupid or doing it for material gains.

True, but his interpretation of the Islamic religion is nothing like the orthodox one. Islam, it seems struck an emotional chord with him which ignited the spark of faith in him. In fact I can not understand how he gets his head around the numerous passages in the Qur'an which state the disbelievers will burn in hell for eternity as he stated he was always put off by that judgemental and punishing side of God.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #131 - February 25, 2010, 05:15 PM

lol good point, according to him only the evil people go to hell

he didnt define what evil was and how anybody could be that evil to deserve eternal punishment
     Reply #132 - February 28, 2010, 11:30 PM

Did anybody watch it? 30 minutes wasted of my life.
     Reply #133 - February 28, 2010, 11:33 PM

watched desperate housewives instead..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #134 - February 28, 2010, 11:35 PM

maybe it will be out on youtube? i would like to have a quick glance at it
     Reply #135 - February 28, 2010, 11:37 PM

A brief version of programmes you've all already seen before about the current status of Muslims in British society.

I was expecting a brief history of the name Muhammad with more focus on the name in British history. None of the sort.

For some reason it was live on iPlayer? :S

BlackDog, you'll be able to watch it on BBC iPlayer, probably right now actually.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #136 - February 28, 2010, 11:42 PM

edit:

Ah I see, the usual sort of thing.

Did it wag its finger at everyone in a vague but underlyingly stern kind of way, as if every non-Muslim viewer is in some way personally guilty and responsible for the woes, misunderstanding and / or steroetyping of Islam in Britain? That's the usual vibe of these kinds of programmes.

God is Love.

Reply #137 - February 28, 2010, 11:44 PM

BlackDog, you'll be able to watch it on BBC iPlayer, probably right now actually.

He can't, he doesn't live in the UK.
     Reply #138 - March 01, 2010, 12:11 AM

edit:

Did it wag its finger at everyone in a vague but underlyingly stern kind of way, as if every non-Muslim viewer is in some way personally guilty and responsible for the woes, misunderstanding and / or steroetyping of Islam in Britain?

Usual nonsense,ie:Islam is the religion of peace and everyone is equal under it.
     Reply #139 - March 01, 2010, 12:25 AM

Usual nonsense,ie:Islam is the religion of peace and everyone is equal under it.

Great stuff  Afro

Another half hour of propaganda gifted by the BBC to the dawah merchants for free  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #140 - March 01, 2010, 12:35 AM

Even as a muslim I never understood why the bbc kisses the ass of muslims so much in this country.

It is just ridiculous some of the people they have on these shows and how lovely Islam is depicted to the world.

I think they should have a law saying that one cannot give dawah about Islam unless it is the truth.
     Reply #141 - March 01, 2010, 12:39 AM

Guys, heads up, tommorrow, Monday 1st March 8pm on Channel 4, a special Dispatches undercover documentary about the infiltration of Tower Hamlets council by Jamaat-e-Islami / Islamic Forum Europe activists, from the programme that brought you Undercover Mosque, I've been reading up on it all today, its explosive stuff (excuse the pun) .... don't miss it!

God is Love.

Reply #142 - March 01, 2010, 12:43 AM

Even as a muslim I never understood why the bbc kisses the ass of muslims so much in this country.

It is just ridiculous some of the people they have on these shows and how lovely Islam is depicted to the world.

I think they should have a law saying that one cannot give dawah about Islam unless it is the truth.

The BBC are too frightened to bring dissent from the 'acceptable' dawah version of Islam to the table. For every investigative journalism piece that is excellent, like the Panorama shows on the MCB, there are countless programmes with a straightforward agenda of whitewashing and effectively performing dawah for Islam.

I'm not one to join in the right-wing attacks on the BBC, I love the BBC in general. But on this issue, they need some true 'diversity'

God is Love.

Reply #143 - March 01, 2010, 01:08 AM

But on this issue, they need some true 'diversity'

Nice one
     Reply #144 - March 01, 2010, 10:35 AM

'o.O

Reply #145 - March 01, 2010, 10:37 AM

edit:

Ah I see, the usual sort of thing.

Did it wag its finger at everyone in a vague but underlyingly stern kind of way, as if every non-Muslim viewer is in some way personally guilty and responsible for the woes, misunderstanding and / or steroetyping of Islam in Britain? That's the usual vibe of these kinds of programmes.

Now that you mention it...

Reply #146 - March 01, 2010, 09:52 PM

So I take it they couldn't find an ex Muslim Mohammed then!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #147 - March 01, 2010, 10:07 PM

they found one here, but probably for the sake of the potential furore, didnt bother showing him..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #148 - March 01, 2010, 11:14 PM

Yep, indeed they did, but I suppose if I lived on my own, was financially well off and perhaps kept a low profile then I would have not minded showing myself visually. It's too much of a risk to publicly say you're an ex-Muslim. I'm serious, not paranoid. Anyway:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r8jd3

Just skim-watched it, pretty good episode. Though really, even at the start where it states that most Muslims are seen negatively, it is more or less true in reality in my opinion in that it should be (I say that with regret). Anyway, the one chap who describes as being 3 different people and found it confusing is probably the closest to an ex-Muslim, he just doesn't come across as a chap who wakes up 5am everyday of the week. I'd bet £20 on it!
     Reply #149 - March 01, 2010, 11:17 PM

You know, maybe I take back that comment that in reality most British Muslims are living in a negative manner with respect to being British. I've not met all Muslims. But I know enough to say that, although I don't mean it in a terrorist sense, I mean it in a progressive sense. But hey, who am I to say, there are relatives/friend family who say they are Muslim and are very much so successful and contribute more tax or save lives as doctors than me!
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »