Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi!

(Read 4698 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi!
     OP - December 16, 2009, 03:52 PM

Hi,

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone. I'm not an ex-Muslim, in fact my parents aren't even religious and neither were their grandparents. I'm atheist, the whole logic of an invisible man who made me, watches me, judges me and sends me to paradise after death is stupid though. I've never understood how perfectly decent human beings can be so delusional.

Anyway, I joined Ummah.com (the Muslim forum) after looking at some of the idiotic posts there, they have absolutely no logic to anything they say. I decided that if I had time to argue with delusional people then I had time to congratulate people like you guys who have thought about their religion and renounced it. I guess it must be harder than other religions to renounce, but it makes me happy that people are willing to question everything they've been told to believe in and not question.

May enjoy the forums too. Cheesy

• Re: Hi!
     Reply #1 - December 16, 2009, 04:07 PM

Hi,

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone. I'm not an ex-Muslim, in fact my parents aren't even religious and neither were their grandparents. I'm atheist, the whole logic of an invisible man who made me, watches me, judges me and sends me to paradise after death is stupid though. I've never understood how perfectly decent human beings can be so delusional.

Anyway, I joined Ummah.com (the Muslim forum) after looking at some of the idiotic posts there, they have absolutely no logic to anything they say. I decided that if I had time to argue with delusional people then I had time to congratulate people like you guys who have thought about their religion and renounced it. I guess it must be harder than other religions to renounce, but it makes me happy that people are willing to question everything they've been told to believe in and not question.

May enjoy the forums too. Cheesy

Welcome to the forums Unechance. I really hope that you enjoy your time here!
     Reply #2 - December 16, 2009, 04:08 PM

Welcome Unechance Smiley
     Reply #3 - December 16, 2009, 04:17 PM

signwelcome  btw where you from ?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - December 16, 2009, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.
     Reply #5 - December 16, 2009, 04:18 PM

Hey, welcome to the forums. Whats your name over at ummah.com? I got crazy little alt there running around causin a ruckus too. That place is like comedy club meets masjid meets insane asylum

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #6 - December 16, 2009, 04:22 PM

Welcome Unechance! Glad you found us and decided to join in. Smiley

That place is like comedy club meets masjid meets insane asylum

Cheesy

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #7 - December 16, 2009, 04:23 PM

Yeah, anytime I need to be reminded why I'm an ex muslim I spend some time at ummah.com, soon puts me back on the straight and righteous path of apostasy lol.

Welcome unechance.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #8 - December 16, 2009, 04:41 PM

I just watch over the topics on Ummah giggling at some of the things they talk about. I think some of them are actually out of touch with reality; I'd be scared if I ended up like that. o.O

I am from Australia, by the way. Have a Muslim friend who secretly hates the religion but she is too scared to do anything about it, and so I'm hoping one day she can be true to herself if she is not happy. I assume there are thousands more Muslims who want out but are too scared to renounce their religion?

Thanks for the welcome! Cheesy
     Reply #9 - December 16, 2009, 04:51 PM

signwelcome Smiley

I am from Australia, by the way. Have a Muslim friend who secretly hates the religion but she is too scared to do anything about it, and so I'm hoping one day she can be true to herself if she is not happy. I assume there are thousands more Muslims who want out but are too scared to renounce their religion?

I'm sure there are, the death penalty for apostasy, imprisonment in so many nations for apostasy & even otherwise, the general strict family pressure forces many a Muslim not to renounce Islam officially.

Quite a few members here haven't yet "come out" to their families.

But there are also families which do accept apostasy, we have members whose families know & accept their choice.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #10 - December 16, 2009, 04:57 PM

Welcome UneChance

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #11 - December 16, 2009, 05:02 PM

You could direct her here if she needs any support. It always makes you feel better when you find others in the same position as you yes
     Reply #12 - December 16, 2009, 05:06 PM

I have told her there might be support groups or something on the internet but she's a bit scared to do much because apparently her dad monitors what websites she goes on. She told me she'd wait until she can move out. I can't imagine how hard it must be growing up in a family where you can't make those decisions for yourself.  no

I'm sure as more and more Muslims leave Islam it should get easier to do so, perhaps. Maybe it might break the taboo about it, just like how Christianity is hardly what it used to be thirty years ago.
     Reply #13 - December 16, 2009, 05:10 PM

If she wants to join, and this is her only issue, then let us know as there are many way of avoiding this such as deleting her viewing history whenever she logs on..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - December 16, 2009, 05:12 PM

That sucks :( Well if she ever feels brave enough tell her she can easily browse the internet without it recording her history. Chrome has an incognito mode and firefox has an extension (cant remember it's name). Not sure if IE has anything.
     Reply #15 - December 16, 2009, 05:29 PM

Welcome. I lived in Aus recently and plan to move back there soon. What part of aus are you from, if you don't mind mentioning?  Afro

firefox has an extension

Actually fiefox has also added a clone of incognito mode in their new version
     Reply #16 - December 16, 2009, 07:16 PM

Welcome to the Forum bro
     Reply #17 - December 16, 2009, 07:23 PM

Also, she should be able to visit this site from any public library computer or a computer at her school/college/uni if she's a student.

I think it may also help for her to know how many people are here, many from similar backgrounds and with similar stories of dealing with intrusive, controlling family members etc. Please let her know she's always welcome here.  Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #18 - December 16, 2009, 07:24 PM

Hi Unechance  Smiley Welcome to the forum.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #19 - December 16, 2009, 08:19 PM

I just watch over the topics on Ummah giggling at some of the things they talk about. I think some of them are actually out of touch with reality; I'd be scared if I ended up like that. o.O

I am from Australia, by the way.

Gidday cobber.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »