Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hard-line Pakistani schools a draw for foreigners

(Read 3727 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hard-line Pakistani schools a draw for foreigners
     OP - December 14, 2009, 07:47 PM

12/13/2009, 8:05 p.m. EST
    ASHRAF KHAN
    The Associated Press   

(AP) ? KARACHI, Pakistan - Anas bin Saleem, a 12-year-old American, spends seven hours a day sitting cross-legged on the floor memorizing the Quran.

He is among thousands of foreigners who have flocked to conservative Islamic schools in Pakistan, despite a government ban, The Associated Press has found through interviews with officials, documents, visits to the schools and encounters with dozens of students.

Pakistani and foreign governments consider the international students a potential security threat. The students could export extremism back to their own countries or stay and fight in Pakistan and neighboring Afghanistan, where the United States is battling a resurgent Taliban eight years after the U.S.-led invasion. Pakistan stopped granting student visas in 2005, but many students still arrive on travel visas and never leave when they expire.

"We are concerned, but what can we do?" said an official from one Southeast Asian embassy in Pakistan who asked for anonymity because he did not want to upset his hosts. "We can't stop people from traveling. ... It is their constitutional right."

Officials are concerned in general about foreigners coming to Pakistan for training in militancy. Most recently, five young American Muslims were arrested after meeting with representatives of an al-Qaida linked group and asking for training, a Pakistani law enforcement official said Thursday.

And in a separate case, the U.S. accuses another American, David Coleman Headley, of attending militant training camps in Pakistan and conspiring with members of the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba to conduct surveillance on potential targets in the Indian city of Mumbai before the deadly terror attacks there in November 2008.

In Anas' school, Jamia Binoria, several hundred students from 29 countries live alongside 5,000 Pakistani pupils, teachers said. Binoria is one of the largest schools in the country and one of at least four schools in Karachi with foreign students on its books.

Anas says he is not taught militant Islam at Binoria, but clerics firmly endorse on the school Web site suicide bombing and jihad against Western troops in Afghanistan. Anas admits he is fed up with anti-American barbs from teachers and pupils.

"I get it like every second," says Anas, who left Louisiana last year with his Pakistani-born mother, barely spoke the national language when he arrived in Pakistan and misses Hannah Montana. "I'm like 'shut up' and don't talk like that."

Only a handful of the foreign students are Westerners; most are Asians and Africans in the late teens or early 20s. Many come to Pakistan for a cheap Islamic education, albeit a conservative one, part of a tradition of Muslims traveling to gain knowledge that goes back centuries.

More Here :

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/international-19/1260756704179640.xml&storylist=international

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
  • Re: Hard-line Pakistani schools a draw for foreigners
     Reply #1 - December 14, 2009, 07:50 PM

I guess the mother wants to make paradise wajib for her if she makes her kid become a Hafiz-e-Quran  and waste such years of his life being a fucking parrot Roll Eyes

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #2 - December 14, 2009, 07:55 PM

Who finances these little twats to go there to from America or the UK to begin with? If it's their parents then they need to be put in prison for child abuse. Fucking irresponsible shits.

Either way, they're on a terror watch list for life.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #3 - December 14, 2009, 08:56 PM

I guess the mother wants to make paradise wajib for her if she makes her kid become a Hafiz-e-Quran  and waste such years of his life being a fucking parrot Roll Eyes

Someone should do one of those evolutionary t-shirts for Islam, you know the ones where man starts on all fours, then progesses to 2 legs, finally turning into a green parrot.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - December 14, 2009, 10:05 PM

@ IsLame

LMAO that's hilarious.
     Reply #5 - December 14, 2009, 10:28 PM

Just for you BlackDog  Wink  The Tshirt, is made of a specially woven fabric from halal hemp thread, and was made by hafiz.  Cost is 5 camels, or your sister (age restrictions apply)

Evolution of Muslim Man & Woman (see below)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - December 14, 2009, 10:34 PM

haha Cheesy
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »