Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Thank Allah for the IPhone

(Read 5863 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Thank Allah for the IPhone
     Reply #30 - December 15, 2009, 06:56 AM

But that doesn't answer my question about Mo.

You asked:

Is that a Hadith?

Thus I provided the hadiths.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #31 - December 15, 2009, 07:43 AM

I asked,

Is that a Hadith?

in regards to aliadiere's post below about Mo--not the length of beards in general.

Muhammad did not have a fist length beard, his beard was down to his chest.

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #32 - December 15, 2009, 08:47 AM

I asked,

in regards to aliadiere's post below about Mo--not the length of beards in general.

Oops, sorry about that, I should have read the question correctly.

I just had another look - the only ones I've within the Sahih hadith collection found are regarding when he prayers that his beard was moving.

The one regarding one fist, there was no fixed length, so it plausible that it is as long as one of the previous posters said it was.

Although there is a narration where towards the end of his life that he had lost most of his hair and whiskers.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #33 - December 15, 2009, 09:22 AM

Muhammad did not have a fist length beard, his beard was down to his chest.

The whole idea of the fist length is the minimum allowed (if possible), and this comes from a hadith where one of the sahaba used to trim his beard to the length of a fist.

I never knew the prophet has a ZZTop style of beard.  All that knowedge you have about Islam, now sadly gone to waste   :(

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #34 - December 15, 2009, 01:12 PM

It is unanimously considered to be an obligation. I have never ever heard of anyone saying that it is not obligatory.

Contemporary Scholars have said that. I can't remember their names, but will try to find it.

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who refuse to understand, no explanation is possible.
     Reply #35 - December 15, 2009, 01:55 PM

Contemporary Scholars have said that. I can't remember their names, but will try to find it.

There is Khalid Abul Fadl who is a traditionally trained Jurist IIRC he spent time in Syria and Saudi Arabia:

http://www.law.ucla.edu/home/index.asp?page=386

I assume that given he hasn't got a beard that he holds a view outside that of the mainstream. Scholars don't equal jurists, people who administer dawah aren't scholars either. To issue fatwas you need to be trained in that particular area - many are unwilling to rock the boat when it comes to decisions that are contrary to what the original imam of their madhab set down.

Reply #36 - December 15, 2009, 01:58 PM

I never knew the prophet has a ZZTop style of beard.  All that knowedge you have about Islam, now sadly gone to waste   :(

I am pretty sure that is true about a zz top style beard, but I can't find the source. But as Kaiwai said, if his beard was moving from side to side when he was praying, it had to be pretty long.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »