Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: And just when I thought I saw everything....

(Read 3534 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • And just when I thought I saw everything....
     OP - December 14, 2009, 03:26 AM

...I found this. A 3D Animation movie based on the comic book, "The 99" which as a lot of you may already know, is a team of super heroes based around the 99 names of Allah. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYU3DZCepQ

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
  • Re: And just when I thought I saw everything....
     Reply #1 - December 14, 2009, 03:45 AM

Haram! Witchcraft!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - December 14, 2009, 06:31 AM

I have to ask...what exactly does this have to do with islam? In some ways it seems straight up blasphemy.

BTW, Am I the only one who caught this.....
    "in the 13th century.......stuff , yadda yaddah, Mongols invade Baghdad, ect, stones dipped in river"
    "Today....5 centuries later"

ok....correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this supposed to take place in 1758?

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #3 - December 14, 2009, 06:37 AM

It is blasphemy. But, apparently it's a covert good way to promote Islam to kids. Hey, as long as the kiddies are brainwashed into thinking that Islam is a-okay, and Islam gets even more converts, then what is a little blasphemy really? It's a small price to pay.

I showed this to my dad, who is a Muslim, and he didn't wanna watch it as he too thought it was straight blasphemy.

Reply #4 - December 14, 2009, 08:04 AM

omg That looks so stupid.  I remember when the comic books came out there was outcry from the mullah establishment and the creator was saying "Oh it's not supposed to be Islamic really." But in the west, that's how it's tagged and promoted and talked about.  I guess whatever gets him attention... tell the mullahs it's not Islam but then tell people here it is.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #5 - December 14, 2009, 10:15 AM

It is blasphemy. But, apparently it's a covert good way to promote Islam to kids. Hey, as long as the kiddies are brainwashed into thinking that Islam is a-okay, and Islam gets even more converts, then what is a little blasphemy really? It's a small price to pay.

too right  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - December 14, 2009, 10:36 AM

ok....but could they at least have stopped for 2 seconds and done some math?
    Are these 'god years' or something?

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #7 - December 14, 2009, 11:17 AM

OMG.... That is beyond silly! How can they keep track of each hero?

Ok now, Jabar, please tell Raheem to come to the meeting, and ask him to pass this info Adel, Azeem, Kareem, Alee, Rafeeq, Mutakaber, Mosayter, Mohaymen, Hameed, Nasir, Monem,........ Ah, nevermind, I'll just go to the meeting alone, besides we don't have enough tea and biscuits for all bloody 99 superduperheros!

Reply #8 - December 14, 2009, 11:58 AM

Organised religion in the last death throws of trying to remain relevant - or should I say, Muslims trying to make Islam sexy without actually having to reform it. It's as bad as the KKK not to long ago trying to rebrand themselves as 'separatist' rather than a 'racist organisation'.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #9 - December 14, 2009, 02:50 PM

This shit better not air in Nickolodean

Reply #10 - December 14, 2009, 03:48 PM

I have to ask...what exactly does this have to do with islam? In some ways it seems straight up blasphemy.

BTW, Am I the only one who caught this.....
    "in the 13th century.......stuff , yadda yaddah, Mongols invade Baghdad, ect, stones dipped in river"
    "Today....5 centuries later"

ok....correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this supposed to take place in 1758?

Yeah I noticed that too. Obviously whoever wrote that script doesn't have access to wikipedia or basic math skills.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #11 - December 14, 2009, 05:19 PM

I read an interview with the guy who did this. The BBC did alot on it. Its basically another way to try and lift the self-esteem of Muslims, especially Muslim youngsters, the guy was beefing about the portrayals of Islam being synonymous with extremism and violence and he wanted his children to have positive role models and realise Islam is all about superheroes and decent things. Also said he wanted non Muslims to understand the beauty of Islam. So, maybe abit of dawah there.

Funny how he has to resort to western (mostly American) cultural templates (comic book superheroes) in order to promote the beauty of Islam.

To be honest, do you really think anyone is going to care more about this shizz than normal superheroes and cartoons? I mean seriously, who needs religion in their freakin' cartoons for fuggs sake. Just give me some badass skills and stories and villains and beatings, keep your finger wagging and dawah to yourself. But that's just me, and when I was a 10 year old kid I would have felt the same.

Another 'Islam Fail' I reckon.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #12 - December 14, 2009, 05:22 PM

This shit better not air in Nickolodean

I think I read somewhere that Channel 4, a mainstream British channel, is going to show it.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #13 - December 14, 2009, 10:14 PM

I read an interview with the guy who did this. The BBC did alot on it. Its basically another way to try and lift the self-esteem of Muslims, especially Muslim youngsters, the guy was beefing about the portrayals of Islam being synonymous with extremism and violence and he wanted his children to have positive role models and realise Islam is all about superheroes and decent things. Also said he wanted non Muslims to understand the beauty of Islam. So, maybe abit of dawah there.

Funny how he has to resort to western (mostly American) cultural templates (comic book superheroes) in order to promote the beauty of Islam.

To be honest, do you really think anyone is going to care more about this shizz than normal superheroes and cartoons? I mean seriously, who needs religion in their freakin' cartoons for fuggs sake. Just give me some badass skills and stories and villains and beatings, keep your finger wagging and dawah to yourself. But that's just me, and when I was a 10 year old kid I would have felt the same.

Another 'Islam Fail' I reckon.

If he wants to change the perception of Islam; stop blow shit up, stop cutting female genitals up, stop demanding Islamic shariah (cut Islam back to its religious core and drop the rest), and stop killing gays and other people deemed 'undesirable'. Maybe then peoples 'perception' of Muslims and Islam won't be warped.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #14 - December 14, 2009, 10:21 PM

Is that what you think all Muslims spend their time doing?

Reply #15 - December 14, 2009, 10:29 PM

Given his last string of bigoted posts I'd say pretty much.

Reply #16 - December 14, 2009, 11:09 PM

And here I thought Rashna is the only one that thought that way cause shes a youngster.   Roll Eyes

Reply #17 - December 15, 2009, 12:28 AM

Interesting you ignore the 'perception' as noted in the original post.

Reply #18 - December 15, 2009, 12:32 AM

Actually no, I didn't ignore it. I asked if you perceive Muslims to be only doing the things you mentioned. Quite frankly, those are not the first things that comes to my mind when someone mentions Islam.

Reply #19 - December 15, 2009, 12:39 AM

Actually no, I didn't ignore it. I asked if you perceive Muslims to be only doing the things you mentioned. Quite frankly, those are not the first things that comes to my mind when someone mentions Islam.

How does one perceive things? using ones sensory faculties. What does one use? media - news papers, youtube, television, online forums, social networking sites etc. If it were an extreme minority then one would have to go out of ones way to find it. The simple fact of the matter is that you don't need to go hunting for it, it is in mainstream online forums; on mainstream platforms.

Reply #20 - December 15, 2009, 12:43 AM

That depends entirely on what media a person follows. Do you follow fox news? Then yeah, your perception of the Muslim mass is going to be that which you noted. Do you follow liberal media like Young Turks? Then your perception is going to be more balanced.

You find what you seek out.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »