Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey from a Ex Muslim

(Read 4269 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     OP - December 01, 2009, 06:22 PM

Hey Guys

I am from the US. I was raised a Sunni Salafi Muslim all my life. I was a very devout one too. But by 13 I started to question the validity of Islam, rather than just getting spoon fed by it.  By 16 I knew that using logic and reasoning, Islam seemed to have way too many errors to be considered the "absolute truth word of God" Since then I have left Islam and never looked back.

Now I am 21 years old. In my search for the truth, I have come across Deism. However much exploring Deism, I am having doubts. Though it is not as illogical as the other 3 big religions, it still has its flaws, especially in the existence of a God.

So as of now, I am borderline to become a Atheist and definitely will never go back to Islam anymore.

I can tell you one thing from this, family relationships are very shaky because I am viewed as Apostasy

Thank you for having me. Looking forward to become a member of this forum and community  thnkyu

P.S. Is there a CEM in USA?
  • Re: Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #1 - December 01, 2009, 06:27 PM

Welcome _truth_.  Most of the ex-muslims on this site have family issues due to this, as I'm sure you'll see, so you are not alone in this predicament. As for a CEM in the U.S., I don't think there is a similar group that is not affiliated with another religion (usually Christian) yet. I do think someone somewhere will create something like it. However, this forum is international and we have members from all over the planet here. Enjoy your stay, looking forward to seeing you around the forum.  Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - December 01, 2009, 06:28 PM

Hey welcome. I'm kinda new here too. Great lot here.

Neither Canada nor the US have a CEM. There should be though!  Afro

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #3 - December 01, 2009, 06:35 PM

Welcome Truth,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #4 - December 01, 2009, 09:45 PM

Allahu Snackbar, a new apostate  dance , or rather a new member.

Anyways, welcome truth, enjoy your stay here. And don't worry about this site being CEMB, people from all over the world gather here, it's almost an International forum.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #5 - December 01, 2009, 09:58 PM

Hi _truth_. Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - December 01, 2009, 10:23 PM

Yep, I think as times has moved forward this site has become more & more international to a point where I now think the majority of regular posters here are international

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - December 01, 2009, 10:42 PM

Welcome to the forum. Please post up a bio in the introduction section.
     Reply #8 - December 02, 2009, 12:19 AM

Welcome! Instead of atheism, there is also agnosticism, both are equally valid. One interprets the lack of evidence as suggestive of no god so they dont believe, while the agnostic says, "I don't know, no evidence in either direction, there is no way to know if there is a god or not".

Though I lean atheist. Simply because the lack of evidence and the lack of a need for a god is highly suggestive.

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #9 - December 02, 2009, 01:58 AM

Welcome. Yes deism does have flaws, namely that the empirical evidence for a creator is incredibly thin. Atheism seems to me the most plausible position to take but as of right now I, myself, am still a sceptic, leaning towards atheism.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #10 - December 02, 2009, 03:54 AM

Welcome, I also used to be salafi Smiley.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #11 - December 10, 2009, 05:36 AM

thanks all of you thnkyu
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #12 - February 03, 2013, 09:58 PM

Who is the hot mamacita in your avatar?

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #13 - February 03, 2013, 10:09 PM

Welcome fellow former salafi American! dance
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #14 - February 03, 2013, 10:09 PM

Yay we do exist!! Afro
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #15 - February 03, 2013, 10:32 PM

^This intro is from 2009. You had to do a fair bit of digging to find a fellow ex-Salafi American Cheesy
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #16 - February 03, 2013, 10:39 PM

Aww man!
  • Hey from a Ex Muslim
     Reply #17 - February 20, 2013, 01:29 AM

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »