Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Doctor Who Appreciation Society

(Read 62287 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Doctor Who Appreciation Society
     Reply #330 - November 09, 2016, 06:00 AM

Imagine a cross between Buffy and Torchwood. Also, the Doctor's in the first ep.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #331 - November 10, 2016, 04:33 AM

I've never seen buffy....there are a lot of common cultural things that I don't know, tho, growing up in a house where almost everything on TV (and off it) was literally demons.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #332 - April 23, 2017, 03:56 PM

OOOOOhhhh I'm going to have to watch that tomorrow. I wish so much Torchwood would come back with either its Season 1 fun or its Season 3 seriousness.... just... something!

John Barrowman, Captain Jack himself, has recently had some Torchwood comics he wrote hit the stands.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #333 - July 21, 2017, 01:00 PM

So, the next Doctor is a woman. Not surprising. Fifth and sixth have given their views. Thoughts?

Reply #334 - July 22, 2017, 07:57 AM

So, the next Doctor is a woman. Not surprising. Fifth and sixth have given their views. Thoughts?

I don't mind as long as it doesn't feel forced....like, I want her to mention it maybe once, then be like "cool" and get back to doing Doctor things.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #335 - July 23, 2017, 01:55 PM

They tried to make it "continuity" by making other Time Lords swap sexes which did feel forced. But, the new Doctor is a new character, so I'll wait and see. And we still have the Christmas special before we say goodbye to Peter Capaldi. I'm a bit pissed at this this because, unlike David Tennant. who defined his role with his fantastic acting, and scripts which allowed him to demonstrate his fantastic acting,  Peter Capaldi is a fucking great actor, who got some shitty fucking scripts, which never allowed him to shine as Tennant did. There are some standouts. Capaldi's portrayal on the Christmas ep, with the cloaked Time Lord...AI? Demon? That was awesome. But he just didn't get the emotional range of Tennant. I mean Tennant, Jesus Christ. The stone angels? The three parter starting with the old man in Utopia who turned out to be the Master? His death? The demon two parter where he turned human? And just his random memories of Galifrey and the Time War. With just a few simple words he made me pray that in the Tennant/Smith/Hurt Time War special we'd see even a glimpse of the Nightmare Child. There was so fucking much. Tennant had the ability to make you laugh and cry and the scripts allowed that. Capaldi had the ability to make you laugh and cry and the scripts never allowed that.

• Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12« Previous thread | Next thread »