Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Doctor Who Appreciation Society

(Read 62129 times)
  • 12 3 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Doctor Who Appreciation Society
     OP - November 24, 2009, 04:49 PM

Any Dr Who Fans here?

Did you know that very first episode of Dr Who was directed by a Muslim? :-)

I thought it was only recently we have achieved some sort of equality but it seems even in the 1960s there were ethnic minorities in high places :-)

Anyway I love Dr Who :-)

He fights Tyranny and Oppression all over time and space.

And he is very compassionate.

Even when his arch evil enemy the Master was sentenced to Eternal Torment, he intervened to rescue him from such punishment.

My favourite Dr however is Tomb Baker :-)

He is witty and funny and mad in a likeable way :-)

Challenge All Ideologies but don't Hate People.
  • Re: The Doctor Who Appreciation Society
     Reply #1 - November 24, 2009, 04:53 PM

I like David Tennant's episodes, especially those with John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) and John Simm (The Master) and many others as well. I never could and still can't get into the older series, and I'm not sure I'll be watching after Tennant leaves after this year.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - November 24, 2009, 04:55 PM

Do you like the newer series that's been running for the last few years?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3 - November 24, 2009, 05:06 PM

I like David Tennant's episodes, especially those with John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) and John Simm (The Master) and many others as well. I never could and still can't get into the older series, and I'm not sure I'll be watching after Tennant leaves after this year.

I have seen all the Dr Who Series - from earliest episodes to the latest "Waters of Mars" with David Tennant.

I like both David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston as Dr Who each in their own way.

But I found Tom Baker's Dr to be so unique.

Reply #4 - November 24, 2009, 05:12 PM

I love Dr Who.  I don't remember the old series' but I have read some of the books based on them.  The best books were the ones from when John Pertwee was Dr Who and Sarah Jane Smith and Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart were his assistants.

Did you know that very first episode of Dr Who was directed by a Muslim? :-)

No, I didn't know that.  I just looked up the very first episode on You Tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeKqUU1z2KI&feature=PlayList&p=495172FB7BC2756F&index=18

Its funny the way the  Doctor started out as a slightly sinister old grandfather, and has now evolved into a young, good looking man.  The Tardis was a lot nicer inside back then though.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - November 24, 2009, 05:18 PM

Its funny the way the  Doctor started out as a slightly sinister old grandfather, and has now evolved into a young, good looking man.  The Tardis was a lot nicer inside back then though.

Yes. He evolved into man of great compassion. And TARDIS has gone many changes of interior decoration!

I liked Hartnell and the relationship with his Grand daughter. Pertwee and Patrick Troughton. the only Dr I was not fond of was Colin Bakers.

Reply #6 - November 24, 2009, 05:21 PM

I like the psychological thriller/fantasy eps a lot more than the ones with stupid daleks and cybermen and stuff. I hate the daleks  vomit

Reply #7 - November 24, 2009, 05:25 PM

There's nothing memorable about Colin Baker's time as Dr Who.  I don't think anyone likes him as the Doctor.

Waris Hussein btw, was the muslim director of An Unearthly Child..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTzttNRBKI&NR=1

Quote from: allat
    I hate the daleks

*Gasp*  Heresy!!!  finmad

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - November 24, 2009, 05:26 PM

OMFSM Do you belong to the cult of the Daleks! They are an abomination, you know right?!!  mysmilie_977

Reply #9 - November 24, 2009, 05:28 PM

I like the Daleks, they're funny little things.  Russel T Davies over uses them though, I think the episodes not written by him tend to be more interesting.

Reply #10 - November 24, 2009, 05:30 PM

I saw maybe a little over a half dozen episodes on PBS when I was in middle school. I liked it at the time. Don't remember the Doctor too well, but I do remember his sidekick Peri, who I'm pretty sure I jerked off to several times.

fuck you
     Reply #11 - November 24, 2009, 05:33 PM

I like the Daleks, they're funny little things.  

Megalomaniacal genocidal CHEESE GRATERS, you mean?

Russel T Davies over uses them though,

Yeah, by using them at all.  Cheesy

I think the episodes not written by him tend to be more interesting.

Now it's my turn to *GASP*!!!

My fave episode from recent years was "Blink" not just because it had a really gorgeous actress in the lead, but also because it had no fugly cheese graters or toasters, but really creepy statues.

Reply #12 - November 24, 2009, 05:36 PM

Yes. Waris Hussein.

There is something Terrible about the Daleks :-(

They are evil.

They are the uber Nazies.

More terrifying than Star Treks Borgs.

At least Borg assimilated you.

But Daleks they think only Dalek life has any value. Others needs to be exterminated.

Reply #13 - November 24, 2009, 05:37 PM

Blink was fucking excellent!   dance  Like all the best ones though, it wasn't written by Russel T Davies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvp1Y7SZVhA

Reply #14 - November 24, 2009, 05:40 PM

I saw maybe a little over a half dozen episodes on PBS when I was in middle school. I liked it at the time. Don't remember the Doctor too well, but I do remember his sidekick Peri, who I'm pretty sure I jerked off to several times.

That would be Colin Baker's Dr.

Not fond of him as the Dr.

Reply #15 - November 24, 2009, 05:45 PM

Well, not like I had anything to compare him to

fuck you
     Reply #16 - November 24, 2009, 05:46 PM

Blink was fucking excellent!   dance  Like all the best ones though, it wasn't written by Russel T Davies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvp1Y7SZVhA

Oh I didn't realize that. You got me then.  :d'oh:

I love Russell as a producer though. Torchwood is pretty cool, and Queer as Folk was fun!

The writer of Blink and the Library episodes (another faves of mine) were both written by Moffat, who, I'm told by my Dr-Who-Head of a partner is going to be taking over from Russell after this season. So, scratch what I said earlier, I may stick around and watch the new ones too, though I'm not sure I like the new Doctor:

from here

Reply #17 - November 24, 2009, 05:52 PM

Well, not like I had anything to compare him to

Yes. Sure.

I was telling which Dr it was.

Here are all the doctors.

1. William Hartnell
    2. Patrick Troughton
    3. Jon Pertwee
    4. Tom Baker
    5. Peter Davidson
    6. Colin Baker.
    7. Sylvestor McCoy
    8. Paul McGann
    9. Christopher Eccleston
    10. David Tennant.

Each Regeneration of the Dr creates new personality.

Reply #18 - November 24, 2009, 05:56 PM

And the new dr

Matt Smith. He will be 11th Doctor next year...

Reply #19 - November 24, 2009, 05:56 PM

Haven't watched any of the new stuff, but I got BBC America now so I'll check it out. I think I have already overdosed on Gordon Ramsay.

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #20 - November 24, 2009, 06:33 PM

. William Hartnell
    2. Patrick Troughton
    3. Jon Pertwee
    4. Tom Baker
    5. Peter Davidson
    6. Colin Baker.
    7. Sylvestor McCoy
    8. Paul McGann
    9. Christopher Eccleston
    10. David Tennant.

You missed out Peter Cushing, who played Dr Who in two films.  That would make Matt Smith the 12th doctor.

Reply #21 - November 24, 2009, 06:45 PM

Any Dr Who Fans here?

My favourite Dr however is Tomb Baker :-)

I've always loved Dr. Who - Tom Baker was brilliant - but I have to say my favourite Dr. Who is the present one, David Tennant.  Afro (and Billie Piper was one of the best assistants imho - shame she left.)
     Reply #22 - November 24, 2009, 07:03 PM

You missed out Peter Cushing, who played Dr Who in two films.  That would make Matt Smith the 12th doctor.

I thought Peter Cushing Dr Who was never aired so it's not in the Dr Who cannon.

Reply #23 - November 24, 2009, 07:37 PM

It was definitely aired, I've seen those films on television.

Reply #24 - November 24, 2009, 07:42 PM

Here it is says on the wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who_and_the_Daleks

it's says it's non-cannon...

Reply #25 - November 24, 2009, 07:44 PM

Its not sahih Dr. Who?   Cheesy

Reply #26 - November 24, 2009, 07:46 PM

Its not sahih Dr. Who?   Cheesy

Cheesy

It's a false hadiths! Invalid I tell ya! It must be disregarded as it is a conspiracy by them evil cheese graters, I'll bet.

Reply #27 - November 24, 2009, 07:48 PM

You are damn right its not Sahih Dr Who :-) !!!!

There is no proper chain of infallible narrators to this Dr for Time Lord sakes!!!! :-)

Reply #28 - November 24, 2009, 07:50 PM

Cheesy

Reply #29 - November 24, 2009, 08:48 PM

Hahah, so true! When absolute nonsense is written by an 'official' writer it's considered TRUE by the fans! I stopped watching Dr Who when 'Rose' and Eccleston were replaced.

I miss Star Trek , it had such nice anti-religious undertones. My fav. ep. is Voyager 3x05: where some 'Ferengi' (parody of capitalists) start a fake religion and act as prophets to extract money and women from a bronze-age population. The Ferengi also distribute their 'holy book' to the naive people from this story, it contains wisdom like:

• Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
    • Wives serve, brothers inherit.
    • Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.
    • Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
    • Exploitation begins at home.
    • A good lie is easier to believe than the truth.

the Ferengi boss

Once he was in power, they needed him there, to make sense of their lives.

(a book critic about stalin)
  • 12 3 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »