Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Doctor Who Appreciation Society

(Read 62340 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The Doctor Who Appreciation Society
     Reply #30 - November 24, 2009, 08:54 PM

many of the Star Trek themes have already been covered by the Dr Who :-)

Resistance is Futile?

Sorry Dr Who got it first ;-)

I am also a Star Trek fan :-)

Challenge All Ideologies but don't Hate People.
     Reply #31 - November 24, 2009, 08:55 PM

Dr Who is better than Star Trek.   yes

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #32 - November 24, 2009, 08:56 PM

I'll leave you in peace with your fake religion Tongue

Once he was in power, they needed him there, to make sense of their lives.

(a book critic about stalin)
     Reply #33 - November 24, 2009, 08:59 PM

Dr Who is better than Star Trek.   yes

I would say they are two different thing.

I like both. Specially the Original Series and the Next Gen.

Reply #34 - November 24, 2009, 09:00 PM

I'll leave you in peace with your fake religion Tongue

You should not take life so seriously.

Enjoy it ;-)

Reply #35 - November 24, 2009, 11:17 PM

Resistance is Futile?

That's the hitchhiker's guide isn't it?

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #36 - September 18, 2011, 09:49 PM

>.< OMG I'm in love with a fictional character!!! lol.

Ok, on a slightly more serious note: Inspired by the Torchwood thread, this thread is to appreciate all things Doctor Who related. Take it away!

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #37 - September 18, 2011, 10:11 PM

Not many fans? eh? lol Tongue

'Trust me, I'm the Doctor'
    stardust goes to grab some snacks and onto BBC iplayer

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #38 - September 18, 2011, 10:15 PM

Check my sig. Wink

Old but funny story: back when I were a lad (like somewhere around the Cretaceous) myself, mum and sister used to be Doctor Who fans, but the old man never liked the show. It wasn't until K9 appeared that he realised it wasn't meant to be taken completely seriously. He actually had not realised this before then. Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #39 - September 18, 2011, 10:43 PM

Im probably his greatest fan here! Seen every single episode from the very first doctor to the latest! Smiley

Little Fly, Thy summer's play
    My thoughtless hand has brushed away.

I too dance and drink, and sing,
    Till some blind hand shall brush my wing.

Therefore I am a happy fly,
    If I live or if I die.
     Reply #40 - September 18, 2011, 10:47 PM

I only got into it when David Tenant was on it, then stopped watching afterwards. Matt Smith just doesn't do it for me.

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #41 - September 18, 2011, 11:06 PM

I only liked the David Tennant Doctor too, sorry to all hardcore Dr. Who fans Tongue But then, I never had a chance to watch it growing up, may have felt differently if I had.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #42 - September 19, 2011, 12:19 AM

I simply do not like Matt Smith as the Doctor. I know plenty of people suck at his cock of supposed magnificence, and I admit he does have that eccentric, nutty Doctor thing going on, but he can’t cut it after David Tennant. Plus he makes WAY too many mistakes (most of them utterly life–threatening) for me to feel comfortable with him as a Doctor. Amy’s faith in him is badly misplaced — shown to an incredible degree in The Girl Who Waited: the Doctor flat out lies to her and Rory and kills off the old lady version of Amy as a consequence. The shitty motherfucker.
     Reply #43 - September 19, 2011, 12:25 AM

I simply do not like Matt Smith as the Doctor. I know plenty of people suck at his cock of supposed magnificence, and I admit he does have that eccentric, nutty Doctor thing going on, but he can’t cut it after David Tennant. Plus he makes WAY too many mistakes (most of them utterly life–threatening) for me to feel comfortable with him as a Doctor. Amy’s faith in him is badly misplaced — shown to an incredible degree in The Girl Who Waited: the Doctor flat out lies to her and Rory and kills off the old lady version of Amy as a consequence. The shitty motherfucker.

That ain't Matt Smith per say, but more of the script writters issues.

But yeah, I totally agree about the 'but he can’t cut it after David Tennant', David Tenant definitely set up the performance bar way high up there.

Reply #44 - September 19, 2011, 03:09 AM

I used to not like Matt Smith, but he grew on me.....I think Matt makes the character more grounded and with more 'substance' if that makes sense, he gives that hint of feeling of 'possibility' in these crazy far-out episodes. There's something about him that i like *shrug*

I like that Amy isn't in love with the doctor as well.

Reply #45 - September 19, 2011, 03:12 AM

*segues into "Hottest sidekick wench discussion...............*

Amy isn't a patch on Leela. End of. Tongue

Reply #46 - September 19, 2011, 03:15 AM

I simply do not like Matt Smith as the Doctor. I know plenty of people suck at his cock of supposed magnificence, and I admit he does have that eccentric, nutty Doctor thing going on, but he can?t cut it after David Tennant. Plus he makes WAY too many mistakes (most of them utterly life?threatening) for me to feel comfortable with him as a Doctor.

Say wot? The whole show is and always has been about stumbling into daft situations that no sane person would go near, then extricating himself and the crew via unforeseen miraculous bullshit.

I mean can you seriously imagine an episode that finished with "Well that went swimmingly. Absolutely nothing unexpected happened."

Amy?s faith in him is badly misplaced ? shown to an incredible degree in The Girl Who Waited: the Doctor flat out lies to her and Rory and kills off the old lady version of Amy as a consequence. The shitty motherfucker.

Had to kill one of them. Take your pick.

Reply #47 - September 19, 2011, 03:17 AM

It's just Matt Smith himself... the guy can not *act* for the life of him... especially when compared to David Tennant, it's almost painful to watch Smith Undecided

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #48 - September 19, 2011, 03:18 AM

I really miss that show - haven't been able to watch it. I love the Amy character and River Song.... can't wait till the Dr. regenerates again.

Reply #49 - September 19, 2011, 03:24 AM

It's just Matt Smith himself... the guy can not *act* for the life of him... especially when compared to David Tennant, it's almost painful to watch Smith Undecided

As someone who has been watching the series for decades, I can assure you that Smith is not the worst Doctor ever. I don't mind him at all. The changes in personal style between incarnations can be disconcerting if you're only used to there being one Doctor.

I really miss that show - haven't been able to watch it. I love the Amy character and River Song.... can't wait till the Dr. regenerates again.

River Song rocks. She's the one who uttered the line in my sig. I cracked up laughing. Thought it was one of the best ideas ever. grin12

Reply #50 - September 19, 2011, 03:27 AM

Yeah maybe not the worst Dr. but way worse than Tennant and even Eccelston... just looks like a boiled chicken leg to me, with a mop on his head. Grin Also, my gods, I just wish he'd go to an acting class.

So who'd you think was the worst?

Reply #51 - September 19, 2011, 03:33 AM

He's a bit of an odd looking bugger, but no odder than some of the others. They often have complete personality changes, so the manic poodle on acid act is just the new one. You get that. Teh Doctor is like a box of chocolates.

Can't remember the name of the worst one as it was yonks ago and I'd have to check back, but there was one who really gave me the irrits.

Reply #52 - September 19, 2011, 03:42 AM

Oh and I remember being pissed when Romana regenerated. The original (Mary Tamm) was quite a fiesty and cool unit, and the second one was merely cute. Tongue

Quote from: Wikipedia
    Over the course of Season 16, Romana begins to take on some of the characteristics of the screaming "damsel in distress", which reinforced Tamm's decision not to remain in the role as she felt the character had been taken as far as she could go.[1] As a result, Romana regenerates at the start of Season 17, emerging with a different physical appearance and a lighter personality.

Reply #53 - September 19, 2011, 03:45 AM

I think that Matt looks cute!  wacko lol.

Reply #54 - September 19, 2011, 03:47 AM

To each their own Doctor Wink

I've really gotta catch up on the older series, and yeah even the Smith ones, if for no other reason than for the back story on River Song.

Reply #55 - September 19, 2011, 03:48 AM

River Song is Amy and Rory's daughter.

Reply #56 - September 19, 2011, 03:48 AM

LOL yeah I know Tongue

Reply #57 - September 19, 2011, 03:51 AM

Well there ya go then. Story. grin12 What else do you need to know?

Reply #58 - September 19, 2011, 01:35 PM

*segues into "Hottest sidekick wench discussion...............*

Amy isn't a patch on Leela. End of. Tongue

Googled her.

WOAH!

Ok she wins.

Reply #59 - September 19, 2011, 05:53 PM

He's a bit of an odd looking bugger, but no odder than some of the others.

I can’t remember the name of the guy who plays Rory, but a lot of the Doctor Who Confidential from the previous series featured him and Matt Smith taking the piss out of each other for Rory’s nose and the Doctor’s chin. Cheesy
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »