Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What does the Hijab say about men?

(Read 16915 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What does the Hijab say about men?
     OP - November 22, 2009, 12:26 PM

I now look at Hijab this way...

• Women can control them selves, hence no need for men to cover up.
      Men can not control them selves, hence women should cover up to protect themselves from men.

Looks like Hijab is as insulting to men as to women, if you think about it this way!  Huh?

• Re: What does the Hijab say about men?
     Reply #1 - November 22, 2009, 01:43 PM

I now look at Hijab this way...

• Women can control them selves, hence no need for men to cover up.
      Men can not control them selves, hence women should cover up to protect themselves from men.

Looks like Hijab is as insulting to men as to women, if you think about it this way!  Huh?

I believe the same thing; it is the old story of 'oppressing women to save them from men' argument that I hear Muslims used to justify it. Ultimately it should be the individual controlling their mind and eyes and not the other person having to do something about it.

Then again, every Muslim I know of comes from a backwards culture which further entrenches these views through Islam.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #2 - November 22, 2009, 02:15 PM

I have to admit that as a one-time muhajabah I now feel sorry for these poor girls and women who believe they must wear the hijab in order to protect themselves from men.

IMO, men need to grow up and learn to control themselves but this will not happen until the ingrained culture is changed and the mothers of these men learn to discipline their sons and teach them some self-respect.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #3 - November 22, 2009, 04:55 PM

I have to admit that as a one-time muhajabah I now feel sorry for these poor girls and women who believe they must wear the hijab in order to protect themselves from men.

IMO, men need to grow up and learn to control themselves but this will not happen until the ingrained culture is changed and the mothers of these men learn to discipline their sons and teach them some self-respect.

That is the point Nour. I hate this hijaab idea that imply men are monsters or rapists or low of the low. I am not, and most men are not. I feel that the hijab is an insult to men in general and to me personally.... Because I experience this daily.

I have frequently been in a situation where my brother's wife or some other hijabi's forgot to wear their head scarfs, and soon as they sees me they startle or pretend to be startled, and rush out of the room or run away from me to find a piece of a piece of cloth to put on their heads. I feel very angry when that happens.

Reply #4 - November 22, 2009, 05:11 PM

I know there is a lot of silly behaviour amongst muslims but surely modesty is the underlying objective of a dress code and every society legislates on how we should dress even UK plc
     Reply #5 - November 23, 2009, 05:12 AM

I know there is a lot of silly behaviour amongst muslims but surely modesty is the underlying objective of a dress code and every society legislates on how we should dress even UK plc

I dress modestly most of the time just because I prefer doing so. Modesty is not bad in itself nor it implies that others will get the hots for you or be jeaulous of you or anything. However, I do think it can border the ridicule when done in the way RIBS discribed.

But you have a point, lightrays, that each society has their own rules on what's the dress code.

tea and cake or death!!!

"Dear Josh, we came by to fuck you, but you were not home. Therefore... you are gay."  Ghost World
     Reply #6 - November 23, 2009, 05:16 AM

I agree.

I don't believe hijab is even appropriate in the West. No man here is going to see a woman's hair and start jerking off. It should be based on context, like where you are, and who you're around.

To me, in the West it's just a way to identify yourself as a "pious person" rather than for any modesty reasons.

"But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron." [Qur'an (22:19-21)]
     Reply #7 - November 23, 2009, 06:04 AM

I dress modestly most of the time just because I prefer doing so. Modesty is not bad in itself nor it implies that others will get the hots for you or be jeaulous of you or anything. However, I do think it can border the ridicule when done in the way RIBS discribed.

But you have a point, lightrays, that each society has their own rules on what's the dress code.

oh beleive me it happens quite alot in the middle-eastern Muslim communities. Being seen with no scarf is almost similar to being seen with no undies... Or this is how they pretend it to be! Very sad.

Reply #8 - November 23, 2009, 06:38 AM

Covering your hair doesn`t make you modest. Plenty of people cover their hair and aren`t the least bit modest. If you want to portray an image of modesty, why do you need to cover your hair to do so? Also there is a big difference in how societies legislate dressing. For the most part, it`s that you can`t walk outside naked. That`s public indecency. This has nothing to do with protecting women from men. In Islam, a woman has to cover everything but her face hands and feet. Big difference.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #9 - November 23, 2009, 06:39 AM

oh beleive me it happens quite alot in the middle-eastern Muslim communities. Being seen with no scarf is almost similar to being seen with no undies... Or this is how they pretend it to be! Very sad.

yeah, but when you consider what the men are like over there - reminds me of stories my old man told me about when he was in the UN in somalia.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #10 - November 23, 2009, 08:19 PM

I am tempted to call Muhammad sexist, as it says something about his opinion about men and about women, and the overdramatization of the differences in who is more lustful.

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #11 - November 23, 2009, 08:52 PM

No man here is going to see a woman's hair and start jerking off.

I do. 

Muslimah ---->   queen_not_drag ----->  handjob

It should be based on context, like where you are, and who you're around.

Like at church-- that's where I jerk off to women's hair the most.

Anyhow, the whole headscarf shit predated Muhammed anyways and was once also worn by Christian and Jewish women in the Middle East. It didn't start out as an exclusively Muslim thing.

fuck you
     Reply #12 - November 23, 2009, 09:12 PM

I agree.

I don't believe hijab is even appropriate in the West. No man here is going to see a woman's hair and start jerking off. It should be based on context, like where you are, and who you're around.

To me, in the West it's just a way to identify yourself as a "pious person" rather than for any modesty reasons.

Ahahaha, I actually know of a guy who does get his rocks off to women's hair. But that is another story. Maybe Muhammad had a good point for women wearing hijab back in those days. I mean, if all men were anything as he was when it came down to sex and marriage, I'd hide under a rock.
     Reply #13 - November 23, 2009, 09:33 PM

What do Hijab say about the women who put them on?

Challenge All Ideologies but don't Hate People.
     Reply #14 - November 23, 2009, 09:51 PM

It says that they are stupid and idiots to have bought the idea in the first place. Muslim women should start boycotting Islam if they have a brain. If I were a woman, I would have apostated as soon as I am old enough to read or understand what was being said about women in Islam.

Reply #15 - November 23, 2009, 09:59 PM

It says that they are stupid and idiots to have bought the idea in the first place. Muslim women should start boycotting Islam if they have a brain.

So all the women on this forum were stupid when they wore hijab, then suddenly became intelligent as soon as they removed it?

If I were a woman, I would have apostated as soon as I am old enough to read or understand what was being said about women in Islam.

But you're not, so maybe you should keep your yap shut about it.

This reminds me of a Sinbad stand-up bit-- and I'm paraphrasing here:

"All these young Black kids think they're so bad, they say 'Man, if I had been alive in slave days, I woulda...'-- you woulda been pickin cotton, fool, shut up"

Real easy to say shit like "If I were so and so I wouldn't put up with this or that", but maybe not so easy to do if you're actually in that situation.

fuck you
     Reply #16 - November 23, 2009, 11:38 PM

Ahahaha, I actually know of a guy who does get his rocks off to women's hair. But that is another story. Maybe Muhammad had a good point for women wearing hijab back in those days. I mean, if all men were anything as he was when it came down to sex and marriage, I'd hide under a rock.

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - November 23, 2009, 11:40 PM

That they are afraid men are going to get them, that they are going to lust after them.

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #18 - November 23, 2009, 11:43 PM

That they are afraid men are going to get them, that they are going to lust after them.

and 90yr old women that wear them?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - November 23, 2009, 11:50 PM

But then again, people have fetishes over feet... Or veiled women. Hahaha. So we can't please everyone, I guess.

"But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron." [Qur'an (22:19-21)]
     Reply #20 - November 23, 2009, 11:56 PM

But then again, people have fetishes over feet... Or veiled women. Hahaha. So we can't please everyone, I guess.

LOL  Cheesy that reminds of a hilarious video you made, Kim, about men disguising as niqabis and asking women to cover up and they got all hot about it. I hope you kept it lol

Actually, I do cover my hair on a daily basis - not the neck. But the reason is far from religious and not really about modesty hahahaha

I guess a problem I always had with Islam, especially at the time I almost converted, was the over sexualization of things. Do you guys get it?

tea and cake or death!!!

"Dear Josh, we came by to fuck you, but you were not home. Therefore... you are gay."  Ghost World
     Reply #21 - November 23, 2009, 11:57 PM

Thats an interesting point.  There are men who have a niqabi fetish, I think King Tut mentioned he liked hijabi's once to.  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #22 - November 24, 2009, 12:52 AM

Maybe the niqqab was designed to hide ugly chicks but found that pointing out certain women would be unfair so they extended the idea to all women Tongue

Reply #23 - November 24, 2009, 01:16 AM

Niqabis really do a lot to stimulate my imagination and fantasise about what is hidden beneath those clothes.  I like a bit of a challenge as well.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #24 - November 24, 2009, 02:00 AM

I still fantasise over hijabis and niqabis. I know the veil was a pre-Islamic custom but Muhammad decreed it to be the formal dress code for his wives then later on the caliphates enforced it as a formal dress code for all women.

On a lighter note, Muslim women wear hijab for different reasons, some for modesty, some for identity. I do find it ridiculous though when apologists try to assert that the hijab protects women from rape. That grinds my gears. I only take issue with those who impose the veil on women.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #25 - November 24, 2009, 03:19 AM

I also hate it when people try to say that hijab/modest dress will decrease one's chances of being raped. I wanna slap the taste out of their mouthes. Like I always say, if a guy wants you, he'll approach you regardless.  Roll Eyes

But, it seems to me that hijab/niqab/burka have the opposite effect that hardcore Muslims protest. I had more men hit on me when I was in hijab than without it. No Muslim woman can sit there and tell me no guy wanted to take a peak up under her scarf. So hijab is entirely pointless. Either that, or where I live is paradise for pedophiles and strange fetishes.
     Reply #26 - November 24, 2009, 03:56 AM

LOL  Cheesy that reminds of a hilarious video you made, Kim, about men disguising as niqabis and asking women to cover up and they got all hot about it. I hope you kept it lol

Actually, I do cover my hair on a daily basis - not the neck. But the reason is far from religious and not really about modesty hahahaha

I guess a problem I always had with Islam, especially at the time I almost converted, was the over sexualization of things. Do you guys get it?

Yeah, the hijab hypersexualizes women. It`s like all women look like vixen goddesses, so they all have to cover up Roll Eyes It`s even worse with kids. A 12 year old walking around in a hijab implies there`s actually a bunch of men attracted to her.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #27 - November 24, 2009, 06:18 AM

But you're not, so maybe you should keep your yap shut about it.

NO you keep your Yap shut. I was being sarcastic Mr Q!

My thread's title is What does the Hijab say about men? and when one tries to hijack my thread and deviates it into other direction I start being sarcastic.

We all know what hijab says about women, poor creatures they are oppressed by aggressive, possessive, fuckwits MEN!! I have sisters wearing them and I constantly argue with them against it.

So next time you don't understand my post.... you SHUT YOUR YAPPY HOLE! and don't give me the: "Hey let's gang up against him, he says all the ladies here were once stupid" crapppp!  OK?

It`s even worse with kids. A 12 year old walking around in a hijab implies there`s actually a bunch of men attracted to her.

Well done Angel54, this is an intelligent response. I did not think about it that way before. The implementing or forcing the hijab on little girls says that pedophilia is the norm. What a sick idea.

Actully this might show how Muslims used to lust over little girls... I am sick now! vomit

And for King Tut, if he is lusting over a hijabi like the one in the picture, then he has all the right to do so. Some women look so Hot in Hijab. Which tells you that Hijab is not a deterrent for rape or harassment.

Reply #28 - November 24, 2009, 06:27 AM

LOl, that`s because she`s already hot and she`s teasing you with that little bit of hair smoke
    Also, the child hijabi thing is why I`m part of this group on facebook against putting them on little girls:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34557097101&ref=ts

Reply #29 - November 24, 2009, 06:30 AM

I still think that by enforcing Hijab on women only, Men are admitting that they are monsters who have no control over their lust, while women are more in control of their sexual desires, and hence there is no need for men to cover up!

So it is OK for men to go like this:

No need to wear shirts, although just like women men have breasts and they are sensitive to touch, and from personal experience they are sexual organs for men too!

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »