Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Your personality type - what is it?

(Read 107678 times)
  • 12 3 ... 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Your personality type - what is it?
     OP - October 30, 2009, 10:29 PM

This is a famous personality test and the results are pretty interesting.  They are used to predict suitable careers amongst many other things..

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I'm ENTJ

You can find out what these results mean by going to www.personalitypage.com

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Re: Your personality type - what is it?
     Reply #1 - October 30, 2009, 10:51 PM

Nice, thanks, I'm  ESTJ, and I agree: average thinker, low empathy. But quit honestly, I think people's characteristics adapt to the environment. Since returning to Uni I've taken more of an active role than in a junior position in the work place where senior set the big decisions. Or perhaps I was working with just generally older people (they were come to think of it). Even leadership - it exists when there is a needed, like Churchill. So essentially, I have this theory of supply and demand on characteristics within a group of people, and depending on the demand in the market, the supply of characteristics will emerge ... expand and contract ... as determined by the market.
     Reply #2 - October 30, 2009, 10:54 PM

How accurate is this description do you think?

ESTJ - The Guardian

As an ESTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

ESTJs are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest.

The ESTJ is usually a model citizen, and pillar of the community. He or she takes their commitments seriously, and follows their own standards of "good citizenship" to the letter. ESTJ enjoys interacting with people, and likes to have fun. ESTJs can be very boisterous and fun at social events, especially activities which are focused on the family, community, or work.

The ESTJ needs to watch out for the tendency to be too rigid, and to become overly detail-oriented. Since they put a lot of weight in their own beliefs, it's important that they remember to value other people's input and opinions. If they neglect their Feeling side, they may have a problem with fulfilling other's needs for intimacy, and may unknowingly hurt people's feelings by applying logic and reason to situations which demand more emotional sensitivity.

When bogged down by stress, an ESTJ often feels isolated from others. They feel as if they are misunderstood and undervalued, and that their efforts are taken for granted. Although normally the ESTJ is very verbal and doesn't have any problem expressing themself, when under stress they have a hard time putting their feelings into words and communicating them to others.

ESTJs value security and social order above all else, and feel obligated to do all that they can to enhance and promote these goals. They will mow the lawn, vote, join the PTA, attend home owners association meetings, and generally do anything that they can to promote personal and social security.

The ESTJ puts forth a lot of effort in almost everything that they do. They will do everything that they think should be done in their job, marriage, and community with a good amount of energy. He or she is conscientious, practical, realistic, and dependable. While the ESTJ will dutifully do everything that is important to work towards a particular cause or goal, they might not naturally see or value the importance of goals which are outside of their practical scope. However, if the ESTJ is able to see the relevance of such goals to practical concerns, you can bet that they'll put every effort into understanding them and incorporating them into their quest for clarity and security.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESTJ.html

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - October 30, 2009, 10:56 PM

Am  ISFJ
     parrot

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #4 - October 30, 2009, 10:58 PM

the nurturer, see http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - October 30, 2009, 11:06 PM

that so damn accurate .. :'(

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #6 - October 31, 2009, 02:23 AM

I got INTP and read the description. It does in a way fit me quite well, but it exaggerated my intelligence a lot. Or maybe I was smarter than I thought  Roll Eyes

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #7 - November 01, 2009, 04:53 PM

So what about all of the guys here are NT except hassan and ribs.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #8 - November 02, 2009, 08:20 AM

I think you would find more than 50% of the members here would be iNtuitives baal, works out that way on any forum.  Sensors tend to prefer facebook, myspace and those type of places.

I'm eNFP.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - November 02, 2009, 08:40 AM

Why's that?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - November 02, 2009, 08:42 AM

Because N types tend to think beyond  concrete matters, and S types prefer to be anchored in reality, and even though the subject matter is often concrete, debates about god and other stuff aren't exactly rocking their world.

S types also tend to be out there living life, instead of on the net talking about life.

Reply #11 - November 02, 2009, 09:24 AM

I'm INFP

Some points are like me, but some are not...I am in no way a perfectionist!  Roll Eyes

"Ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?
    Their eyes real close together. Eyebrow ridges. Big, furry hands and feet. 'I believe God created me in one day.'
    'Looks like he rushed it." ~ Bill Hicks
     Reply #12 - November 02, 2009, 09:27 AM

The infp is more like the perfectionist who never quite gets it perfect though.

INFP = I Never Find Perfection, so it's more about nothing ever being able to sustain that idealistic image you have in your head, eventually cracks begin to show, and what once appeared perfect no longer does.

Reply #13 - November 02, 2009, 09:33 AM

INFP = I Never Find Perfection, so it's more about nothing ever being able to sustain that idealistic image you have in your head, eventually cracks begin to show, and what once appeared perfect no longer does.

That's scary...I feel that this may be an omen that I will eventually go insane and go on a mad rampage because of these imperfections... Flaming mad

Their eyes real close together. Eyebrow ridges. Big, furry hands and feet. 'I believe God created me in one day.'
     Reply #14 - November 02, 2009, 09:39 AM

Last time I took the test I was INFJ (year or so ago). Let's take it again.

Got INTJ from the above site, don't think it fits me like the first.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #15 - November 02, 2009, 10:31 AM

Because N types tend to think beyond  concrete matters, and S types prefer to be anchored in reality, and even though the subject matter is often concrete, debates about god and other stuff aren't exactly rocking their world.

S types also tend to be out there living life, instead of on the net talking about life.

Smiley

Oh ya? well you can go feel me.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #16 - November 02, 2009, 11:31 AM

This one is interesting, plus you can see all the other options at the top more easily  Smiley

INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again.

That's exactly how I was as a kid! I don't really know if I ever lived in the real world then...

Reply #17 - November 02, 2009, 01:20 PM

Interesting.....

I know its generalising, but which type would you say are most likely/least likely to apostacise?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - November 02, 2009, 01:54 PM

Least likely would be SJ's as tradition and old values are the core of those personality types and SP's, possiblly followed by ENFJ's and I only say that because most ENFJ's I've come across are religious or affiliated with some type of religious organisation.

Most likely would be INTP and most other NP types as they hate tradition and prefer the new. SJ's do leave religions but I find they tend to replace abrahamic with paganistic in order to maintain that feeling of old traditions.

Reply #19 - November 02, 2009, 02:13 PM

Yep, I see where you are going with it - we could test yout theory to see if NP's are over-represented here as they should be about a third of a normalised population..

ENFJ 3%, ENFP 10%, ENTJ 2%, ENTP 5%, ESFJ 10%, ESFP 9%, ESTJ 7%, ESTP 6%, INFJ 2%, INFP 6% INTJ 1%, INTP 3%, ISFJ 11%, ISFP 8%, ISTJ 10%, ISTP 5% http://www.toodoc.com/estp-ppt.html

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - November 02, 2009, 02:13 PM

I'm an INFP  dance

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #21 - November 02, 2009, 02:38 PM

Yep, I see where you are going with it - we could test yout theory to see if NP's are over-represented here as they should be about a third of a normalised population..

Yeah, SJ's and SP's make up the majority in the real world. Makes sense because religion does seem to still have a major hold all over the world, in many different forms.  yes

Reply #22 - November 02, 2009, 03:03 PM

I mean more specifically i.e. to test if NPs are more likely to aposticise by looking at our results on COEM.  We could see that by the results of the tests shown by members here - if they are more than the average, i.e. more than 30%( which is the univeral average) of the test results on COEM are NPs, then you could be right, as they would be over-represented on COEM meaning that it is biased towards NPs...

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - November 02, 2009, 03:13 PM

Cool, that could be quite interesting.  Afro

Reply #24 - November 02, 2009, 03:33 PM

idiot2 razz

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #25 - November 02, 2009, 03:38 PM

Cool, that could be quite interesting.  Afro

When new members join, we should get them to undergo a compulsary test and submit their personality type  Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - November 02, 2009, 04:19 PM

Yes, we should also make them take the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory examination, the PCL-R, a polygraph, a credit check, a criminal background check, and agree to have their coworkers, friends, and family members interviewed by a New Members Committee. Any one member of the New Members Committee or Executive Committee may veto a person's prospective membership (blackballing). New members shall serve two probationary periods-- 120 days as an associate member, and one year as a prospective member, before being awarded full membership.

New members shall be initiated first by being "jumped in" by the existing membership, then by having their finger pricked, blood dropped onto the image of a saint, which is set alight in their hand, and then swearing a solemn oath of allegiance while the saint's image burns in their hand.

At this point, no CEMB forum member may steal, beat, or kill another member without prior approval by the Executive Committee, but if any outsider or non-member messes with a CEMB member, they're automatically dead meat.

fuck you
     Reply #27 - November 02, 2009, 04:24 PM

When new members join, we should get them to undergo a compulsary test and submit their personality type  Wink

Q-man - we're still waiting for yours  whistling2

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #28 - November 02, 2009, 04:38 PM

Same thing it always is-- ENTJ. Taken these Myers-Briggs/Keirsey-type tests probably half a dozen times or more in various formats, and other than maybe one or two times where I got ENTP, I get ENTJ.

fuck you
     Reply #29 - November 02, 2009, 04:52 PM

Same as me  mysmilie_977

Thats what I guessed, although admittedly I modified my post later to ENFJ on the other thread.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 12 3 ... 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »