Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Your personality type - what is it?

(Read 107524 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Your personality type - what is it?
     Reply #30 - November 02, 2009, 06:42 PM

Same thing it always is-- ENTJ. Taken these Myers-Briggs/Keirsey-type tests probably half a dozen times or more in various formats, and other than maybe one or two times where I got ENTP, I get ENTJ.

I would have given you ENTP, but now that I know you get ENTJ aswell, my fantasies involving you just leaped up a notch.

ENTJ's are so fucking hot.   Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #31 - November 02, 2009, 08:10 PM

Aw shucks  Embarrassed

So why ENTP?

And I definitely don't want to be an ENTJ. Responsibility for other people and for an organization has shot my fuckin nerves over the years. Seriously, I'm burned out. I was just looking over the various types, and I think I'd like to be an ESFP the most-- looks like those fuckers have the most fun and stress out the least.

fuck you
     Reply #32 - November 02, 2009, 09:31 PM

You can't really ask an ENFP to tell you what leads them to their conclusions, that's not how we function. I would have given you ENTP based on a feeling rather than anything concrete because I'm an N type and N types usually work off of hunches and vibes :p. I thought about J for you but I only discarded it based on how much random fun you appear to give off, what percentages did you get?

My E is only at 58% whereas my NFP is pretty high, I'd be very interested to compare your percentages with islames because you both present different vibes and I have a hunch about the comparison.

Also I wasn't thinking about the work factor, I was thinking about the bedroom one haha I mean no way in hell would an ENTJ refuse to cuff a girl to the door for some fun lol ESTJ's run a close second for me too.

My best friend is an ESFP, and they do worry they just brush it off quicker than other types, its infectious which is why I've been having such a blast in life recently.

Reply #33 - November 02, 2009, 09:53 PM

I would have given you ENTP based on a feeling rather than anything concrete because I'm an N type and N types usually work off of hunches and vibes :p. I thought about J for you but I only discarded it based on how much random fun you appear to give off, what percentages did you get?

What do you think you would you have given me if you had not seen my result? - btw I have taken this test a few months ago and my result was different

My E is only at 58% whereas my NFP is pretty high

Thats low?  I would have thought anything above 50% is an OTT trait ?

I'd be very interested to compare your percentages with islames because you both present different vibes and I have a hunch about the comparison.

Dont leave me hanging like that - please explain how the vibes are different - I have noted your perception is pretty good but dont worry about offending me,  ENTJs take open & honest criticism pretty well!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #34 - November 02, 2009, 09:58 PM

Same thing it always is-- ENTJ.

Random question of the month - Also are you impatient & impetuous? Do you read regularly i.e. fiction or non-fiction - how many books would you say you get through every month?   

Any other ENTJs in the house? Dont be ashamed, its time to come out of the closet..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - November 02, 2009, 10:05 PM

You seem very warm to me, so to find out you were a T type was a bit WOW, I would have gone for ExFJ for you, the x because I could never make up my mind on S or N.  I have been wrong in the past though.  Smiley

58% is low, as it's like under 50% makes me an introvert, over goes into extrovert so I'm only mildly E.

I just think that maybe you appear more F to me because your T is weaker than Qmans, again you could have worked well on your F skills over time so that could be what is throwing me off.  Not just that but some people fall into none, ie they are 50% meaning they are capable of using both functions.  Some people actually place an X to show that balance in themselves.

I could be wrong though which is why I wanted to see the comparisons for my own learning benefit.  Smiley

Reply #36 - November 02, 2009, 10:22 PM

58% is low, as it's like under 50% makes me an introvert, over goes into extrovert so I'm only mildly E.

I get it, I had my extroversion as 1% but its in fact 51%

I just think that maybe you appear more F to me because your T is weaker than Qmans, again you could have worked well on your F skills over time so that could be what is throwing me off.  

Spot on!  I have tried to work on it & temper it after a few ex's got pissed off with it - men are from Mars/women fom Venus (even though its a crap book) taught me how to enjoy my 'feminine' & listening side too.

Anyway I am glad you initilly introduced me to this stuff - I am always keen to improve & learn more about myself - my biggest problem at the moment is my impatience.  Is that an ENTJ trait?  I am going to read up on it to see if I can find a 'cure'  Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #37 - November 02, 2009, 10:27 PM

You can't really ask an ENFP to tell you what leads them to their conclusions, that's not how we function. I would have given you ENTP based on a feeling rather than anything concrete because I'm an N type and N types usually work off of hunches and vibes :p. I thought about J for you but I only discarded it based on how much random fun you appear to give off,

Okay, so explain your hunches and vibes, then Smiley They don't have to be logically or empirically sound-- just curious for a better description, I guess.

what percentages did you get?

Eh, had to take it again. E-44%, N-100%, T-25%, J-33%

What do the specific percentages indicate, personality analysis-wise?

My E is only at 58% whereas my NFP is pretty high,

Okay, so what does that indicate?

I'd be very interested to compare your percentages with islames because you both present different vibes and I have a hunch about the comparison.

Like Islame I'm interested in what you mean by "different vibes", as well as what your hunch and/or reasons are-- and like Islame don't give a fuck if it amounts to something negative-sounding regarding my personality.

Couldn't the difference just be chalked up to different external objective factors (culture, class, background, nationality, occupation, location, family, friend and work associations), rather than cognitive differences? I mean, IsLame is an ex-Muslim, I'm not, he lives in the UK and I was born and raised in the US, his family is Pakistani if I'm not mistaken, whereas I was raised by Irish-Americans, we've probably got very different jobs, probably live in very different neighborhoods and hang out with very different people.

Also I wasn't thinking about the work factor,

I know, but I was. I've become obsessed with taking my life in a different direction over the last year or so, especially career-wise-- probably obsessed to an unhealthy level.

I was thinking about the bedroom one haha I mean no way in hell would an ENTJ refuse to cuff a girl to the door for some fun

Oh, you got that fuckin right. Then again, we're also probably much less likely to let you sodomize them with a dildo-- at least I know I am.  Cheesy

lol ESTJ's run a close second for me too.

What and why?

My best friend is an ESFP, and they do worry they just brush it off quicker than other types, its infectious which is why I've been having such a blast in life recently.

Yeah, see, that's fuckin awesome.

Random question of the month - Also are you impatient & impetuous?

Absolutely, but I often have to force myself to be patient and calm to get shit done right. I'm really fuckin sick of it.

Do you read regularly i.e. fiction or non-fiction -

Non-fiction almost exclusively.

how many books would you say you get through every month?  

One at most nowadays, because I get a lot of info from the internet now-- it's so much easier, and, while reading online I can easily reference other shit to what I'm reading, and switch in-between books/papers/essays/columns/news reports.

Before I got internet access at work and home I read non-online books from cover-to-cover a lot more, but even then, I mostly averaged one a month because I tend to read very thick, tedious and academic books about politics, history, labor, and espionage. Interesting topics, but not necessarily written in an interesting way (many are dry and academic, thus a real fuckin pain to get through). Finding a book on one of those topics that's a smooth read is a real joy when I come across them.

Any other ENTJs in the house? Dont be ashamed, its time to come out of the closet..

Why be ashamed? Aren't we supposed to awesome, if total assholes? Smiley

fuck you
     Reply #38 - November 02, 2009, 10:33 PM

my biggest problem at the moment is my impatience.  Is that an ENTJ trait?  I am going to read up on it to see if I can find a 'cure'  Wink

Long-distance running. I wish I still did it. When I did it had a very calming effect, made me feel much more balanced and less impatient.

fuck you
     Reply #39 - November 02, 2009, 11:07 PM

how many books would you say you get through every month?

I only ask because I would like to read more, but have a problem in that I am too impatient to read and would prefer the internets quick access to information in a summarised format,  rather than detail prvided in books.  In fact I prefer to watch documentaries of books that reading them.  Better still spend that time here  Wink

In fact last heavy book I read was course material for my Masters  Cheesy

I was just wondering if that was because I am a numbskull, an ENTJ or both..

he lives in the UK

yep
    we've probably got very different jobs

previously banking, now business..
    his family is Pakistani

No, Indian, then dad worked as a doctor for british navy b4 arriving here
    probably live in very different neighborhoods

London, Manchester, Milton keynes, Staffordshire, Bedford etc etc doubt this makes too much of a difference, I have moved all over the place in any case...

N-100%

mysmilie_977 Sheesh - do you live your life based on guesswork?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #40 - November 02, 2009, 11:42 PM

I only ask because I would like to read more, but have a problem in that I am too impatient to read and would prefer the internets quick access to information in a summarised format,  rather than detail prvided in books.  In fact I prefer to watch documentaries of books that reading them.  Better still spend that time here  Wink

In fact last heavy book I read was course material for my Masters  Cheesy

I was just wondering if that was because I am a numbskull, an ENTJ or both..

Seein as how we're similar in that regard, and I prefer not to think of myself as a numbskull, we'll say the latter, okay?

yep  previously banking, now business..

Most definitely. So, wanna help me sell-out? Smiley

No, Indian, then dad worked as a doctor for british navy b4 arriving here

Still, South Asian and definitely a large difference between our dads' respective careers. Smiley Still, that's cool, care to go into the story in more detail? I love hearing about people's family backgrounds, especially if it involves moving to a new country.

London, Manchester, Milton keynes, Staffordshire, Bedford etc etc doubt this makes too much of a difference, I have moved all over the place in any case...

Okay similar. I've moved over a wider area, but that's probably largely due to the differences in geographical size between our two countries.

mysmilie_977 Sheesh - do you live your life based on guesswork?

Of course not-- that may be a fault of the testing methodology, no? I do tend to prefer the theoretical and abstract over the concrete, but I have a pretty damn good faculty for applying the latter to the former. In my current milieu, I'm considered to have a talent for both strategy and tactics, but particularly for strategy. Unfortunately, my mental burnout has significantly lowered my motivation and ambition-- so lately my talents haven't been put to the best of use.

fuck you
     Reply #41 - November 03, 2009, 12:05 AM

Still, that's cool, care to go into the story in more detail? I love hearing about people's family backgrounds, especially if it involves moving to a new country.

I have photographs of him in his glistening white trousers and shirt, with a cigarette cocked sideways from his mouth - posing basically.  I remember him telling me his first impressions of English sailors on the boat, dirty and rarely bathing and using after-shaves to mask their B.O.

Okay similar. I've moved over a wider area, but that's probably largely due to the differences in geographical size between our two countries

I guess an ENTJ is not likely to hold much affinity or loyalty to their original place of birth, but move wherever it makes most tactical sense.

my mental burnout has significantly lowered my motivation and ambition

Same applied to me about 5 years ago (although I am too lazy for burnout to apply, more to do with losing my interest), when I had a a good job in investment banking in the City.  I couldnt be bothered in the end.  I had always said if I ever reached a stage in my job that I was wishing the next 5 days away on a Monday (in essence more than 50% of my awake life away), then I would leave.

It happened one day, and I went to HR (Human Remains) and asked for voluntary redundancy (this was better than just walking as they would give me a pay-out).  I have a better lifestyle but I think it is better to make the move as soon as the realisation sets in, so you can make changes sooner rather than later.

so lately my talents haven't been put to the best of use.

You write pretty well - have you ever thought about work as a free-lance, or employed journalist?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #42 - November 03, 2009, 12:36 AM

I have photographs of him in his glistening white trousers and shirt, with a cigarette cocked sideways from his mouth - posing basically.

Sounds cool, wanna post them?

I remember him telling me his first impressions of English sailors on the boat, dirty and rarely bathing and using after-shaves to mask their B.O.

Cheesy Fuckin smelly limey sailors. Hey, at least his stories weren't of the Winston Churchill variety-- "Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash."

Same applied to me about 5 years ago (although I am too lazy for burnout to apply, more to do with losing my interest), when I had a a good job in investment banking in the City.  I couldnt be bothered in the end.  I had always said if I ever reached a stage in my job that I was wishing the next 5 days away on a Monday (in essence more than 50% of my awake life away), then I would leave.

It happened one day, and I went to HR (Human Remains) and asked for voluntary redundancy (this was better than just walking as they would give me a pay-out).  I have a better life now, with less pay but I think it is better to make the move as soon as the realisation sets in, so you can make changes sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I definitely hear ya, and I'd do the same myself (1) except I'm too depressed to do that even, (2) I'm conservative about quitting jobs nowadays as I've quit so many in the past out of haste and anger, (3) no safety net-- unemployment is it, and eventually that runs out. No relatives to lean on financially, no one in this city to move in with, and, perhaps most importantly, no national health insurance. Even without kids, it's better to be employed and miserable than unemployed or working in a shit job. Spent too much of my life on the edge financially, hustlin just to make it, and I'm fuckin sick of it.

You write pretty well - have you ever thought about work as a free-lance, or employed journalist?

My ma suggested this, however, it would require a huge investment of my time in networking. While networking is helpful for any job/career, some require more to get started and make it than others, and if I'm gonna spend my time doing all that networking at 33 when trying to change careers, I better be damn sure that's what I want to do, and I'm not at all sure I want to be a journalist, even if I get posted in exotic and dangerous places (which would be my preference).

fuck you
     Reply #43 - November 03, 2009, 12:46 AM

better get to bed - will reply tmrw

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #44 - November 03, 2009, 09:38 AM

Sounds cool, wanna post them? 

Next time I go rooting around in old family albums, I'll try & find it & stick them up - that is if you are still here then!  btw when you first joined you mentioned you never stick around on forums for long  (my memories bad, but i rarely forget a conversation!) forum for long - what happened?

Yeah, I definitely hear ya, and I'd do the same myself (1) except I'm too depressed to do that even, (2) I'm conservative about quitting jobs nowadays as I've quit so many in the past out of haste and anger, (3) no safety net-- unemployment is it, and eventually that runs out. No relatives to lean on financially, no one in this city to move in with, and, perhaps most importantly, no national health insurance. Even without kids, it's better to be employed and miserable than unemployed or working in a shit job. Spent too much of my life on the edge financially, hustlin just to make it, and I'm fuckin sick of it.

True, but for me it got so bad & mind-numbing (it was no exciting city trader job - I worked in strategy, and work primarily involved numbers, with little decision making or control (I felt like payroll id 2346245 in a building containing 10,000 workers) that I felt I had no other choice - it was like my back was against the wall and there was only one option, and that was to leave.  One I had made that decision, it felt a lot easier.

My ma suggested this, however, it would require a huge investment of my time in networking. While networking is helpful for any job/career, some require more to get started and make it than others, and if I'm gonna spend my time doing all that networking at 33 when trying to change careers, I better be damn sure that's what I want to do, and I'm not at all sure I want to be a journalist, even if I get posted in exotic and dangerous places (which would be my preference).

Sounds like you've gotta a lot of thinking to do first..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #45 - November 03, 2009, 10:47 AM

I reckon if we could add where we sit on the political spectrum http://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2, then we could produce even more meaningful results.  What do you think Berbs - or do you think its missing something more important out?  Perhaps motivation?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #46 - November 03, 2009, 01:06 PM

Okay, so explain your hunches and vibes, then Smiley They don't have to be logically or empirically sound-- just curious for a better description, I guess.

Eh, had to take it again. E-44%, N-100%, T-25%, J-33%

You give off the same vibe as ENTP's I've come across, I can sort of see why based on your percentages, although i wouldn't have thought you'd score 25% on T.  wacko

What do the specific percentages indicate, personality analysis-wise?

They help explain variances in the same types, ie why one entj might be less organized than another, or less intuitive, and yet still fall into the same type.

Like Islame I'm interested in what you mean by "different vibes", as well as what your hunch and/or reasons are-- and like Islame don't give a fuck if it amounts to something negative-sounding regarding my personality.

I'm simply saying what I said above, Islame appears more feeling than you do, not that you don't have feeling lol but just that you seem more alpha than islame.

Couldn't the difference just be chalked up to different external objective factors (culture, class, background, nationality, occupation, location, family, friend and work associations), rather than cognitive differences? I mean, IsLame is an ex-Muslim, I'm not, he lives in the UK and I was born and raised in the US, his family is Pakistani if I'm not mistaken, whereas I was raised by Irish-Americans, we've probably got very different jobs, probably live in very different neighborhoods and hang out with very different people.

No, I've found that the only differences to type by culture, are the social rules they follow, the religion they follow, stuff like that, but never the type they are.  Also the most valued type by culture is different too for instance, an ExFP girl is not the ideal girl to be in a muslim society.  Wink

I know, but I was. I've become obsessed with taking my life in a different direction over the last year or so, especially career-wise-- probably obsessed to an unhealthy level.

It might be making you sick, but that drive is what makes it such an admirable type to me, if you set your mind to a thing, you conquer that thing.  If changing your career completely is where you are at right now, make no doubt that you will and you will succeed at that too.  Just don't forget to have a little fun or you'll go mad.  dance

Oh, you got that fuckin right. Then again, we're also probably much less likely to let you sodomize them with a dildo-- at least I know I am.  Cheesy

That's good then, cos it did nothing for me in the first place.  Tongue

What and why?

ESTJ = alpha male fantasy, same as ENTJ, so for purely sexual reasons I enjoy.  parrot

Yeah, see, that's fuckin awesome.

Yeah, having nothing in your life but chaos and trouble is truly awesome......err not lol I'm an ENFP, my life is just as chaotic, I brush things off, even important things that should get done just because worrying can be saved for another day.

Like an ESFP, if I don't fix up I will have no success to ever show for my life, so aside from the fun thing, which we do in buckets always putting off the needs of tomorrow to satisfy the desires of the day, we are pretty screwed types.  If I could change my type I'd be an ENTJ lady.  dance

Reply #47 - November 03, 2009, 01:11 PM

I reckon if we could add where we sit on the political spectrum, then we could produce even more meaningful results.  What do you think Berbs - or do you think its missing something more important out?  Perhaps motivation?

It would definitely be interesting to see at this forum for sure.

Reply #48 - November 03, 2009, 01:41 PM

Like an ESFP, if I don't fix up I will have no success to ever show for my life, so aside from the fun thing, which we do in buckets always putting off the needs of tomorrow to satisfy the desires of the day, we are pretty screwed types.  If I could change my type I'd be an ENTJ lady.  dance

Are you a high FP, as I can see ExTJ tendencies in you - What were you're percentages?

Least likely would be SJ's as tradition and old values are the core of those personality types and SP's, possiblly followed by ENFJ's and I only say that because most ENFJ's I've come across are religious or affiliated with some type of religious organisation.

Most likely would be INTP and most other NP types as they hate tradition and prefer the new. SJ's do leave religions but I find they tend to replace abrahamic with paganistic in order to maintain that feeling of old traditions.

But note that my strong xxxJ type actually made me want to leave the religion.  Reason was that I found my rules were in direct contrast, in fact loggerheads, with Islams rules, so one had to give.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #49 - November 03, 2009, 02:38 PM

Next time I go rooting around in old family albums, I'll try & find it & stick them up - that is if you are still here then!  btw when you first joined you mentioned you never stick around on forums for long  (my memories bad, but i rarely forget a conversation!) forum for long - what happened?

I dunno. Usually I get into an argument with the admin/mods then am either banned or storm off. Guess I just get along with people here better than at most places.

I reckon if we could add where we sit on the political spectrum, then we could produce even more meaningful results.  What do you think Berbs - or do you think its missing something more important out?  Perhaps motivation?

How would you do that?

No, I've found that the only differences to type by culture, are the social rules they follow, the religion they follow, stuff like that, but never the type they are.  Also the most valued type by culture is different too for instance, an ExFP girl is not the ideal girl to be in a muslim society.  Wink

Sorry, but I find it really difficult to believe that someone's personality is not strongly shaped by external factors like culture, nationality, class, family, etc.

It might be making you sick, but that drive is what makes it such an admirable type to me, if you set your mind to a thing, you conquer that thing.  If changing your career completely is where you are at right now, make no doubt that you will and you will succeed at that too.  Just don't forget to have a little fun or you'll go mad.  dance

Yeah, but see, it's more complicated than that, which is one of the reasons why although I think this "personality type" stuff is fun, interesting and probably has some utility in drawing a broad sketch of someone's personality, I don't put too much stock in it.

Like the "fieldmarshal" type that Keirsey uses for ETNJs. That's a good descrpition of me when I'm at my best-- I'm an excellent strategist and tactician, really good at organizing and leading people. Problem is, I'm not always at my best. Lately I've been depressed, disillusioned and demoralized. Doubt I'll be that way forever, but the last year or so has been a bad one, and it will continue to be bad until I find my way out of the rut I'm in. Granted, when I'm in the middle of a specific campaign or case I revert back to "fieldmarshal", but as soon as that ends I've been goin right back to my rut lately.

Point is that even if the "personality type" is fundamentally accurate, there's a lot of variables it doesn't account for which could alter the way people act, and depending on the situation and variables at hand someone could act "against type" if you know what I mean.

That's good then, cos it did nothing for me in the first place.  Tongue

Well, it was good for a laugh when you told us all the story, wasn't it? Hell, you said you were giggling to yourself thinking about Peruvian's reaction when you were doing it-- so it did that for you at least, right? Smiley

fuck you
     Reply #50 - November 03, 2009, 02:49 PM

How would you do that?

I am on here as libertarian left (gandhi's box)

http://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #51 - November 03, 2009, 03:06 PM

Usually I get into an argument with the admin/mods then am either banned or storm off. Guess I just get along with people here better than at most places.

and why's that?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #52 - November 03, 2009, 09:12 PM

INTP

http://typelogic.com/intp.html
    INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

Unfortunately I do tend to hold my opinions adove scrutiny.
     Reply #53 - November 03, 2009, 09:23 PM

My best mate is an INTP - in fact its one of the rarest types (just 1% of the population).  You're not majoring in science are you  Wink - Albert Einstein was one, they are otherwise known as scientists! 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #54 - November 03, 2009, 09:40 PM

My best mate is an INTP - in fact its one of the rarest types (just 1% of the population).  You're not majoring in science are you  Wink - Albert Einstein was one, they are otherwise known as scientists!

This is probably going to give an unnecessary boost to my ego. And i find science to be a tab boring (apart from cosmology). I focus more on political philosophy.
     Reply #55 - November 03, 2009, 09:43 PM

Philosophy is a science too, isnt it? I think in the UK they can be a B.A or BSc depending on the university..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #56 - November 03, 2009, 10:11 PM

I think science is a branch of philosophy.
     Reply #57 - November 03, 2009, 10:25 PM

Nah - all sciences are a subset of physics (guess which subject I did  Wink)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - November 03, 2009, 10:28 PM

I think science is a branch of philosophy.

Right on.  It used to be a branch of philosophy once upon a time!
     Reply #59 - November 03, 2009, 10:52 PM

Nah - all sciences are a subset of physics (guess which subject I did  Wink)

I've genuinely been under the impression that science comes from mathematics which is dependant apon logic (which itself is a sub-set of philosophy). But I'm I'm probably wrong, I'm a novice at best when it comes to science.  Tongue
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »