Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Just taking sometime to say "Hi"

(Read 12378 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Just taking sometime to say "Hi"
     Reply #30 - October 06, 2009, 05:45 PM

Oh so sorry Baal,
    What makes you think I forego happiness in my life?

Or perhaps I should keep it as "any" happiness in my life, as in which exact happiness do you think I forego?

I
    Nice try though and don't do it again.

Is that a threat? I mean it is kind of werd to threaten me about doing something as if I actually had some sort plan of disception or alternate motive.

But perhaps it is just your way to be stoic, harsh and specious of others. I haven't been here long but what I've seen of your posts most are very blunt and tactless quipless type in put. Perhaps it is you who are foregoing some sort of happiness.

Until sooome other time. Lynna

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #31 - October 06, 2009, 06:39 PM

9)Islam teaches perdestination.
    -Jehovah's Witnesses teach freewill.

What about the 144,000? Seems like predestination to me.

Ironically enough I just found this thread and happen to have a Watchtower and Awake! right next to me on the couch from some Witnesses that just stopped by. Don't go to Big Tony's neighborhood, though-- that's just asking for trouble.

fuck you
     Reply #32 - October 06, 2009, 07:04 PM

Hi Q-man,

Humm, why do you think the 144,000 going to Heaven seems like predistination?

Each one of the 144,000 individually could by the thier own choice of action not go to Heaven. They are invited by God to be among that number, because of thier faithful actions and good motivation (or heart condition). They for thier ownself could deside to practise sin (be rebelious against God) then thier invitation would be with drawn.

Perhaps our ideas of what predistination is differ.

Could you please explain to me what you think predistination is?

Thank you for the warning about Big Tony's neighborhood. If I some how end up going there I'll try and be very careful. Unless he is on a "do not call" list it would be my obligation to attempt to talk to him.

until next time.

Lynna

Reply #33 - October 06, 2009, 09:33 PM

Hey Lynna, did you miss my posting? http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=6934.msg174575#msg174575

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #34 - October 07, 2009, 12:56 PM

"Nice try though and don't do it again."

Is that a threat? I mean it is kind of werd to threaten me about doing something as if I actually had some sort plan of disception or alternate motive.

Here you go doing it again. This time bringing the 'T' word in the conversation. Keep the conversation honest plz.

But perhaps it is just your way to be stoic, harsh and specious of others. I haven't been here long but what I've seen of your posts most are very blunt and tactless quipless type in put. Perhaps it is you who are foregoing some sort of happiness.

But Lynna little is as tactless and quipless as introducing an absolute like 'any' and relying on emotional blackmail from something like the T-word. Perhaps you resorted to such tactic, since most people did/will use them against you. I can assure you I do not, so you do not have to use such tactics on me as well as I will apologize if you catch me doing it.

Oh so sorry Baal,
    What makes you think I forego happiness in my life?

Or perhaps I should keep it as "any" happiness in my life, as in which exact happiness do you think I forego?

We can continue with this in another thread once we agree to some rules of honest debate. After all, I would not want you to end up outside of the 144,000 people who will end up in the 'real' heaven Smiley

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #35 - October 07, 2009, 04:31 PM

Lynna, I think you seem like a pleasant and polite person, so I feel I should warn you, you're guaranteed to run into rudeness, ridicule and piss taking  - although I was serious about mosquitoes and slugs:) - if you try to spread any of Jehova's love here. Just a friendly word of advice before things turn ugly.  Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #36 - October 07, 2009, 08:49 PM

She's likely to run into that even if she's not proselytizing. Such is the internet.

Whatever. So far, whatever her superstitions (sorry, Lynna, but that's honestly how I see your beliefs), she's been polite and kind, and I'm inclined to treat people who act that way reciprocally. Can't speak for anyone else.

fuck you
     Reply #37 - October 07, 2009, 08:58 PM

Hey hope you enjoy your stay here. There are a variety of opinions concerning Islam and religion in general so enjoy the diversity!

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #38 - October 07, 2009, 09:00 PM

Hi Q-man,

Humm, why do you think the 144,000 going to Heaven seems like predistination?

Each one of the 144,000 individually could by the thier own choice of action not go to Heaven. They are invited by God to be among that number, because of thier faithful actions and good motivation (or heart condition). They for thier ownself could deside to practise sin (be rebelious against God) then thier invitation would be with drawn.

Perhaps our ideas of what predistination is differ.

Could you please explain to me what you think predistination is?

I assume your basic beliefs about Jehovah are the same as most orthodox, mainline Christians in that God is both omniscient and omnipotent (if not, please correct me)-- if so, then God knew even before He created the universe and man who would be among the 144,000. Thus they are predestined to go to heaven. The exact number is even know-- if that's not predestination, then I don't know what is. If it's not, then your idea of "free will" is no better than that of the Muslims.

Thank you for the warning about Big Tony's neighborhood. If I some how end up going there I'll try and be very careful. Unless he is on a "do not call" list it would be my obligation to attempt to talk to him.

until next time.

Lynna

I'm tellin you, he keeps Witnesses and other proselytizers outta his neighborhood through physical force. He makes necklaces outta their teeth, and his brother is the Chief of Police so he is above the law.

fuck you
     Reply #39 - October 08, 2009, 12:16 AM

Hi Aziz,

I didn't think I missed your post. It was the one about Jephthah? And burnt offerings? Especially horrible if it is actual people?

I'm just having some trouble getting back to every one. I can't just get on the computer everytime I want. I don't have a computer at home, just can use one after work or sometimes at the library. Also sometimes I'm just looking for a lighter subject, like today. I had to send a patient back to ICU. That kind of event can make a person (i.e. me) old before thier time (or my time as the case may be) if I don't take any down time afterward. I guess it also makes the patient old before thier time, but at least they have more time.

Your's is one of the subjects I would really like to get back to. It kind of bothers me the I couldn't just right off remember some of the references I need for this topic. If you will please don't be in to big a hurry. There are so many new people here that have all kind of ideas, I would like to have some time to just settle in.

I talked to my sister about you the other evening. Well, actually about Afairyist. I could remember something about the word that Afairyist is a play on words for. (I've written it down to remember to tell my neurologist)

Looking forward to a good conversation.

Lynna

Reply #40 - October 08, 2009, 12:35 AM

Hi Baal,

Perhaps you could write a list of rule for me. You know, sometimes I'm kind of slow on the uptake. Won't want to make an enemy of you or anyone before I've gotten to know everyone.

By the way I don't want to go to heaven. I'm sure it is an awesome place but I really do love the things of Paradise.

Do you think you will be able to forgive me for using the "t" word? I won't promise to never use it again.  Sometimes it just comes out because it is so ridicules to imply that some one is t____ when they don't even have away to access you. Hey, but really I'll try keeping it under control. I'm really working on not being impulsive. Really.

Until another time.
    Ussarn

Reply #41 - October 08, 2009, 04:03 AM

She's likely to run into that even if she's not proselytizing. Such is the internet.

Yes, true, but I was basically apologising for the paranoid, hostile, bullying someone gave her a couple posts back.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #42 - October 08, 2009, 07:40 AM

No problem, take your time, Lynna. I also got other things to do. I just felt I had to remind you of my posting, because you seemed more occupied with answering other postings that weren't that important.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #43 - October 08, 2009, 02:46 PM

Hi Q-man,

Last night I fell a sleep at the computer repling to you. Anyhow, I didn't finish it. In fact I had almost forgotten until I was making one last scan for interesting thing and saw you online.

I'll put you high on the list of people to get back to.

You assumed wrong:
    >I assume your basic beliefs about Jehovah are the same as most orthodox, mainline Christians in that God is both omniscient and omnipotent (if not, please correct me)-- if so, then God knew even before He created the universe and man who would be among the 144,000. Thus they are predestined to go to heaven. The exact number is even know-- if that's not predestination, then I don't know what is. If it's not, then your idea of "free will" is no better than that of the Muslims.

So many good and interesting topics.

Be safe until next time.

Lynna

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »