Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Putting Faith in its Place

(Read 77283 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Putting Faith in its Place
     Reply #90 - November 05, 2009, 03:10 PM

'Are you sure your answer is more honest then mine will be?'

Yes, unless you really have some incredible proof.

'Do you not have enough proof to have determined that you don't want to be involved with a religion?'

Strangely worded, but I think, correct, I do not have enough proof to say, without doubt to anyone that God exists. I might 'feel' that inside, but that means nothing to anyone besides me, so is not proof, and surely non one needs anymore proof that human beings are very capable of deluding themselves. whistling2

Am I more dishonest then you simiply because I have enough proof to determine that I want to have certian religious believes?

See above. This proof, it really has to be exceptional, can't wait!!!

'btw you haven't told me how your every Saturday visits are going. (smiley) You haven't knock them off have you? (oh no face)'

Yes, they are long gone, I snapped when their 'proof' consisted of all the things I've ruled out above, and had already warned them not to bother with. Still, they'll be talking with animals now, so it's all good.

Okay then (rubs hands), let's hear this proof of yours. Afro

Ha Ha.
     Reply #91 - November 05, 2009, 10:31 PM

Hi Islame,

I'm thinking there might be some sort of fallacy involved in your answer but that is not really a direction I'm interested in going.
    But you just did, later in your post 
    I don't think it is arrogant at all to be convenced that there are things that are absolute truth.

Maybe I'll have to take a look again at that thread about fallacies. It just seemed sort of circular to me. Just seemed like a bunch of people complaining about the methods "relgious people" use to explain/question something when I have seen them or other  "nonreligious people" use the same or similar methods.

There are several things that are proof to me that my believes about Jehovah as laid out in the Bible reflect truth about the situation of mankind, the earth, the creation, and the Creator.

I could very likely go on for some time about the information that convinced without ever touching on something that might convince you.

Do you want to hear what convinced me?

What would you consider as proof that there is a God who interacts with his creation?

Lynna

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #92 - November 05, 2009, 11:10 PM

Hi Cheetah,

It is nice to hear from you.

What proof do you have of your religious beliefs Lynna?

One of the things that proved to me that Jehovah's Witnesses teach the truth about God from the Bible is: When I put aside the traditions about God, hell, heaven, and the so called "religious holidays" (among other things) the Bible makes sense.

Foremost of these is likely the tradition that there is a burning hell of torment that lasts forever and ever.

The tradition of a burning hell of torment lasting forever and ever for even the most severe wrong done in a short human life time raises far to many questions.

It is my thought that such a place as a burning hell and a loving, just, powerful God can not coexist. Let alone, that hell be the creation of a loving, just, powerful God. 

By looking at the evidence from many sources about the progression of mankinds traditions about hell that colminate in a defaming lie about God can greatly clarify the situation as discribed in the Bible.

So the part of that that is proof to me is that after thousands of year and untold effort what the Bible actually says can be found out.

I hope you are doing well.

Lynna

Reply #93 - November 05, 2009, 11:18 PM

Hi Lynna,
    It is my thought that such a place as a burning hell and a loving, just, powerful God can not coexist. Let alone, that hell be the creation of a loving, just, powerful God.

You probably haven't forgotten about it, but I'll ask anyway: How do you reconcile the story of Jephthah and his sacrifice of his daughter with a loving, just and powerful God?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #94 - November 05, 2009, 11:33 PM

Do you want to hear what convinced me?

Not really, as some people even get convinced by roaring lions saying Allah, and have the tenacity to put that up as proof of Allah on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOwQXXEdhtQ

I'd prefer to go for something objective and neutral

What would you consider as proof that there is a God who interacts with his creation?

Something that would perhaps stand up in anything more than a kangaroo court as evidence of truth - God could at least provide that for us cant he?, as opposed to some mouldy scriptures that anyone could have written?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #95 - November 06, 2009, 12:10 AM

Hi Jack Torrance,

'Are you sure your answer is more honest then mine will be?'

Yes, unless you really have some incredible proof.

What would you consider incredible proof?

'Do you not have enough proof to have determined that you don't want to be involved with a religion?'

Strangely worded, but I think, correct, I do not have enough proof to say, without doubt to anyone that God exists. I might 'feel' that inside, but that means nothing to anyone besides me, so is not proof, and surely non one needs anymore proof that human beings are very capable of deluding themselves. :whistling:

Sorry about the word order thing. I've never been very good at English word order and since my brain injury I'm only worse at it. I think you have reasonably given the information I requested. Could I have a clarification? I understand that you are saying that you could not tell, without doubt, to someone else that God exists. Could you without doubt tell someone else that God doesn't exist?
    Also another clarification if you please. How could you know for sure which humans are deluding themself, the ones thinking there is a God or those thinking there is no God?

Am I more dishonest then you simiply because I have enough proof to determine that I want to have certian religious believes?

See above. This proof, it really has to be exceptional, can't wait!!!

The only short answer I could think of is the creation and this scripture; Romans 1:18 For God?s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way, 19 because what may be known about God is manifest among them, for God made it manifest to them. 20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world?s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable; 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their unintelligent heart became darkened. 22 Although asserting they were wise, they became foolish 23 and turned the glory of the incorruptible God into something like the image of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed creatures and creeping things.
    24 Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, 25 even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen

'btw you haven't told me how your every Saturday visits are going. (smiley) You haven't knock them off have you? (oh no face)'

Yes, they are long gone, I snapped when their 'proof' consisted of all the things I've ruled out above, and had already warned them not to bother with. Still, they'll be talking with animals now, so it's all good.

What? Talking to animals. What kind of animals? Did you give them that special tea you were talking about? (smiley)

Lynna

Reply #96 - November 06, 2009, 12:18 AM

Sorry out of time.

You and Aziz are on the top of my Monday after work list.

If I ever post a loin lion that sounds like it is choking to death as evidence of God please treat me kindly as I am in need of help.

Did you read my response to who ever that was a bout the supposed hell proof scriptures in Revelation.

Lynna

Reply #97 - November 06, 2009, 12:21 AM

Actually I had until I saw your post. Even before reading your post my mind went to the paper on my window ledge.

Lynna.

Reply #98 - November 06, 2009, 10:55 AM

I understand that you are saying that you could not tell, without doubt, to someone else that God exists. Could you without doubt tell someone else that God doesn't exist?

Let me tell you what I don't consider incredible proof - quoting scripture, that has got to be the goddamn fecking WORST 'proof''

No, I've already said - neither God believers or non believers can give absolute proof.

Getting well bored of your patronising twaddle, I can see now why religion incites so much violence.

You keep mentioning your brain thing, maybe you could tell us more so we understand and are tempered from slinging any further abuse?

When I said the knock-at-the-door  JW's were 'talking to the animals' the implication was that I poisoned them and buried them in the Jewish cemetry, just to piss them off even more. You may say 'a bit harsh just for quoting scripture as proof of God', I say, nowhere near harsh enough, I was feeling benevolent that day.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #99 - November 08, 2009, 12:20 AM

Hi Cheetah,

It is nice to hear from you.

Hi Lynna.  Hope you are well.  

One of the things that proved to me that Jehovah's Witnesses teach the truth about God from the Bible is: When I put aside the traditions about God, hell, heaven, and the so called "religious holidays" (among other things) the Bible makes sense.

Do you think the story of the Flood and Noah's Ark makes sense?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #100 - November 10, 2009, 03:52 PM

Hi Aziz

Hi Lynna,You probably haven't forgotten about it, but I'll ask anyway: How do you reconcile the story of Jephthah and his sacrifice of his daughter with a loving, just and powerful God?

Okay. Let me see if I can adequately address your question about Jephthah's vow.

The vow is recorded at:

Judges 11: 30 Then Jeph?thah made a vow to Jehovah and said: ?If you without fail give the sons of Am?mon into my hand, 31 it must also occur that the one coming out, who comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the sons of Am?mon, must also become Jehovah?s, and I must offer that one up as a burnt offering.?

Please take note of the words must also become Jehovah?s. That seems clear enough to me. As in, Jeph'thah intended to give the first one coming out of his house to the serve of Jehovah. So,(1) it would be a good idea to understand what that meant.

It is my thought that understanding that would have some effect on how to understand the words that follow. Those being, I must offer that one up as a burnt offering. It is my thought that we would have to consider(2) what was and (3)what was not an acceptible burnt offering.

Another point that I found interesting was (4) information in the account that would indecate that Jeph'thah's daughter continued to live.

(1) An example of another parent that offered their child to Jehovah is Han'nah. Her vow was that her as yet unborn child  would be give to Jehovah's. If you would like to look at that the vow part is at 1 Samuel 1: 11. Anyhow reasons for mentioning this are to show that parents could things like that to their children and also to show some one was given to Jehovah and continued to live.

(2) What is an acceptible burnt offering is explained at:

Numbers 15:3 and YOU must render up an offering made by fire to Jehovah, a burnt offering or a sacrifice to perform a special vow or voluntarily or during YOUR seasonal festivals, in order to make a restful odor to Jehovah, from the herd or from the flock; 4 the one presenting his offering must also present to Jehovah a grain offering of fine flour, a tenth of an e?phah, moistened with a fourth of a hin of oil. 5 And you should render up wine as a drink offering, the fourth of a hin, together with the burnt offering or for the sacrifice of each male lamb. 6 Or for a ram you should render up a grain offering of two tenths of fine flour, moistened with a third of a hin of oil. 7 And you should present wine as a drink offering, a third of a hin, as a restful odor to Jehovah.

8 ??But in case you should render up a male of the herd as a burnt offering or a sacrifice to perform a special vow or communion sacrifices to Jehovah, 9 one must also present together with the male of the herd a grain offering of three tenths of fine flour, moistened with half a hin of oil. 10 And you should present wine as a drink offering, half a hin, as an offering made by fire, of a restful odor to Jehovah. 11 This is the way it should be done for each bull or for each ram or for one head among the male lambs or among the goats. 12 Whatever may be the number that YOU may render up, that is the way YOU should do for each one according to the number of them. 13 Every native should render up these in this way in presenting an offering made by fire, of a restful odor to Jehovah.

Also at Leviticus 1:2-17 there is more information.

There is however no information about how to offer a burnt human sacrifice.

(3) There is however information about the unacceptibleness of burnt human sacrificies:

Leviticus 18:21 ??And you must not allow the devoting of any of your offspring to Mo?lech. You must not profane the name of your God that way. I am Jehovah.

Jeremiah 7:30 ?For the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,? is the utterance of Jehovah. ?They have set their disgusting things in the house upon which my name has been called, in order to defile it. 31 And they have built the high places of To?pheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hin?nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.?

Deuteronomy 18:9 ?When you are entered into the land that Jehovah your God is giving you, you must not learn to do according to the detestable things of those nations. 10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer,

Clear enough for me. human sacrificies were not (still are not) acceptible to Jevovah.

(4) In Judges 11:40 we can read: From year to year the daughters of Israel would go to give commendation to the daughter of Jeph?thah the Gil?e?ad?ite, four days in the year.
    >Please notice the purpose of the daughters of Israel going (to Jerusalem) was to give Jeph'thah daughter commendation. This could not have been done if she was dead.

Also consider what is said at Judges 11:37 And she went on to say to her father: ?Let this thing be done to me: Let me alone for two months, and let me go, and I will descend upon the mountains, and let me weep over my virginity, I and my girl companions.?
    >I don't know about you but I would not be weeping about my virginity if I was about to be burned alive. I would be weeping about my life that was about to be cut short.

You will have to deside for yourself what you think. However as for me, I think that there is enough evidence that Jeph'thah's daughter was not burned up with fire. The account indicates to me that she, like Samuel, was given to Jehovah's serve at the temple.

If I have not been clear enough for you please let me know and I'll see what else I can find out.

Thanks for the question that cause me to look more carefully at this account about Jeph'thah's daughter.

Lynna

Reply #101 - November 10, 2009, 03:55 PM

Hi Jack Torrance

I understand that you are saying that you could not tell, without doubt, to someone else that God exists. Could you without doubt tell someone else that God doesn't exist?

Let me tell you what I don't consider incredible proof - quoting scripture, that has got to be the goddamn fecking WORST 'proof''
    No, I've already said - neither God believers or non believers can give absolute proof.
    Getting well bored of your patronising twaddle, I can see now why religion incites so much violence.
    You keep mentioning your brain thing, maybe you could tell us more so we understand and are tempered from slinging any further abuse?
    When I said the knock-at-the-door  JW's were 'talking to the animals' the implication was that I poisoned them and buried them in the Jewish cemetry, just to piss them off even more. You may say 'a bit harsh just for quoting scripture as proof of God', I say, nowhere near harsh enough, I was feeling benevolent that day.

I find it very interesting that you say, I can see now why religion incites so much violence.
    How is it that you think religion causes so much violence, when it is you who has lost your temper not me. By the way it is also you who, if only in your imagenation, has invisioned harm to others. I told you clearly what to do if you did not want to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses. Neither I nor any other Jehovah's Witnesses has invisioned harm to you.
    I mean really if it was religion that caused violence would it not be me (that has a religion)  not you (who claims no religion) that would be having violent thoughts?

Until another time.

Lynna

Reply #102 - November 10, 2009, 04:16 PM

Hi Cheetah,

I'm doing well today. I hope you have been well.

Yes, I do think the account of the flood in Noah's day makes sense.

Lynna

Reply #103 - November 10, 2009, 04:51 PM

Hi Jack Torrance
    I find it very interesting that you say, I can see now why religion incites so much violence.
    How is it that you think religion causes so much violence, when it is you who has lost your temper not me. By the way it is also you who, if only in your imagenation, has invisioned harm to others. I told you clearly what to do if you did not want to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses. Neither I nor any other Jehovah's Witnesses has invisioned harm to you.
    I mean really if it was religion that caused violence would it not be me (that has a religion)  not you (who claims no religion) that would be having violent thoughts?

Until another time.

Lynna

I think religion incites violence because there is no arguing with people who are set on claiming their absolute proof from a religious book, and the religious states that exist, exist through fear of violent reprisal - so don't try and turn it round just because you don't have a sense of humour and have taken it literally that I really do go around killing Jehova's witnesses, or that I am really mad at you, I'm not, it's funny, if anything, verging on sad.

And your proof was? You seem to have forgotten.

Until next time, may the light shine down on happy town Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #104 - November 11, 2009, 08:49 AM

Hi Cheetah,

I'm doing well today. I hope you have been well.

Yes, I do think the account of the flood in Noah's day makes sense.

Lynna

Why?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #105 - November 11, 2009, 11:05 AM

Lynna - you believe the Noah's ark story?  Huh? How old are you?

Also, if you have a partner, and I'm guessing you don't (or you wouldn't waste your time on here when you could be chewing the Jehova fat with a like minded ass, soul.) does he/she believe in 'the animals came in two by two' as well? Personally, I take the Noah story as  metaphorically describing a kind of bestial gang rape. Poor Noah, I bet it was a flood.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #106 - November 11, 2009, 10:24 PM

Hi Jack Torrance,

Sense of humor?

You think this:When I said the knock-at-the-door  JW's were 'talking to the animals' the implication was that I poisoned them and buried them in the Jewish cemetry, just to piss them off even more. You may say 'a bit harsh just for quoting scripture as proof of God', I say, nowhere near harsh enough, I was feeling benevolent that day. is sense of humor?

Okay. Sorry, I would have never guessed that was sense of humor. Up until then yes okay sense of humor. I'll try to remember your sense of humor can be kind of violent and cruel.

Incredible proof?

I was wanting for you to tell me what you would consider incredible proof. So far you have only told what you would not consider incredible proof.

Lynna - you believe the Noah's ark story?  ??? How old are you?

Also, if you have a partner, and I'm guessing you don't (or you wouldn't waste your time on here when you could be chewing the Jehova fat with a like minded ass, soul.) does he/she believe in 'the animals came in two by two' as well? Personally, I take the Noah story as  metaphorically describing a kind of bestial gang rape. Poor Noah, I bet it was a flood.

Is the above quote humor as well?

Until another time.

Lynn

Reply #107 - November 11, 2009, 10:28 PM

Hi Osmanthus,

Why?

What part of it do you think doesn't make sense?

Lynna

Reply #108 - November 11, 2009, 11:03 PM

I was wanting for you to tell me what you would consider incredible proof. So far you have only told what you would not consider incredible proof.

Logically speaking Jack has the null hypothesis..  This is the starting point of all theories..  You do not try to find proof for the null hypothesis, you try to find proof for any alternative hypothesis proposed...

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #109 - November 11, 2009, 11:15 PM

Hi Osmanthus,

Why?

Lynna

Well where do we start...

A bearded old man who talked to animals, and not just one specie but frickin most of them..., how he managed to save animals living in lands far way that had not been discovered yet,  the fact that two individuals alone are not enough to continue a species (inbreeding leads to serious mutations and they are numerically disadvantage if the environment they are changes).....  

It makes a lot of sense....

as a story for children, that is...

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #110 - November 11, 2009, 11:37 PM

ga-ga

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #111 - November 11, 2009, 11:59 PM

Is the above quote humor as well?

Until another time.

Lynn

Dear Lynna,

I am sorry if I offended you with my sorry attempt at humour. Please let us stay friends as I feel I have a lot to learn from you, not least, your proof! Yes, don't think I've forgotten.  You are right, so far I have only stated what I wouldn't accept as proof, but that's because I've never had any proof before so have nothing to base it on, so please, put me out of my misery. Come on, hit me with it, you tease Wink

Blessings and rays of sunlight,

Until we next speak,

JT

PS - how did you get on with The Tailor, regarding dropping the 'the'?

PPS - I want the proof this time, regardless of what I wouldn't or would accept, don't weasel out of it.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #112 - November 12, 2009, 03:03 AM

Hi Osmanthus,

Why?

Lynna

Oh no you don't. You made that claim that the story of Noah and the Flood made sense and I asked you why. Respond with a substantive answer. Do not just evade by trying to throw the onus back onto me. So I'll ask again: why did you say that the story of Noah and the flood made sense to you? Details, please.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #113 - November 12, 2009, 03:19 AM

Lynna - when I asked do you think it makes sense, what I really meant was do you believe it is a true story?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #114 - November 14, 2009, 04:35 AM

Hi Jack Torrance,

So now are you trying to just humor me by acting nice?(smiley)

I don't have a lot of time as usual and have used most of it watching Islame's video about Concorde Fallacy.

You don't want srciptures, so be that even though I think there is alot of proof there in just the fact that those who would like to change what the Bible says have not been able to actually change what the Bible say.

There is alot of evidence of an intelligent design as regards the creation. The Bible gives credit to Jehovah stating all the things he made were good.

I just resently read an acticle about the how the feathers of the owl make them soundless (or very very little sound) during flight. The article also brought out how advantageous soundless (or very very quiet) commercial airliners would be, but as of yet none have been designed. Even very smart and modivated men and women have not been able to design such a quiet commercial airliner.  So if we know it is hard to design things that work well why would we want to look at the complex and wonderful things in the creation and think they happened by accident? I think it is far more reasonable to give credit to Jehovah.

There are many many things in the creation that point to a Creator.

I'm a nurse, not a surgical nurse but I've had the opportunity to see several surgeries. When I have seen the inside of a living functioning human body it is awesome. Wonderfully made. I see the evidence of a designer, and no possibility of it happening by accident. No matter how many trillions and trillions of accidents are said to have occurred untold eons, I find that an unreasonable explanation for the complexity of a single life form let alone our entire earths ecosystems.

I have no idea what kind of evidence you want. There are people who claim if they saw miracles like happened in the Bible they would believe. This however did not occur for all during Bible times. The Israelites leaving Egypt saw great acts of Jehovah but they still didn't believe enough to live their life by God's directions. The Bible records Jesus by Jehovah's power healing ten men of leprosy. Only one of those cured acknowledged the source of the cure by returning to give thanks and praise Jehovah.

In the video that Islame posted that man liked to insinuate that there are not any or at least only a very few people who believe in God after all we know that they just are modivated by some other reason to say they believe in God. As his evidence he point to people who very likely didn't really believe there is a God.  He pointed to an idea about Divine Evil and as evidence pointed to the believe in hell. Perhaps most religions have some form of torture but the Bible doesn't have any evidence of eternal torture. So what happens to his arguement about "divine evil"?

Did you watch that Concorde Fallacy video? What do you think?

It would be nice to have unlimited time.

Lynna

PS As regards The Tailor I desided on the less familiar form of adress. That is keep it to The Tailor. It doesn't seem The Tailor comes very often. What do you know of him?

Reply #115 - November 14, 2009, 04:38 AM

Yes Cheetah, it is my opinion that there is suitable evidence that the account of the flood occurring in Noah's day really did happen.

Reply #116 - November 14, 2009, 04:41 AM

Okay Osmanthus,

I will make every attempt to answer your question with some evidence next time I'm here.

Until then.

Lynna

Reply #117 - November 14, 2009, 09:48 AM

Greetings and rainbow kisses Lynna,

"I have no idea what kind of evidence you want"

Try something believable. Actually, don't bother, I think I understand......that you have no proof really. I can't say I'm falling-down shocked.

What do I know of The Tailor? Besides his enormous cock, not much really. And you?

Love, light, and golden showers, until next time mon cherie,

JT.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #118 - November 14, 2009, 09:56 AM

I just resently read an acticle about the how the feathers of the owl make them soundless (or very very little sound) during flight. The article also brought out how advantageous soundless (or very very quiet) commercial airliners would be, but as of yet none have been designed. Even very smart and modivated men and women have not been able to design such a quiet commercial airliner.  So if we know it is hard to design things that work well why would we want to look at the complex and wonderful things in the creation and think they happened by accident? I think it is far more reasonable to give credit to Jehovah.

Classic - See Watchmaker or boeing 747 gambit fallacy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #119 - November 14, 2009, 10:08 AM

Yes Cheetah, it is my opinion that there is suitable evidence that the account of the flood occurring in Noah's day really did happen.

What evidence is there?

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »