Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Raising up your children

(Read 6711 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Raising up your children
     OP - September 15, 2009, 05:24 PM

salamo aleykom everyone!

I was wondering, for those who still not have announced their apostacy...when you have children,how are you going to raise them?

"Hanifs (Muslims) are stumbling, Christians all astray
    Jews wildered, Magians far on error's way.
    We mortals are composed of two great schools:
    Enlightened knaves or else religious fools....."

Muslim freethinkers society:  http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=2251053
  • Re: Raising up your children
     Reply #1 - September 16, 2009, 04:01 AM

I'm just going to raise them to be good human beings.  The only obstacle for me is that the father is a muslim but not a religious one.  Still it can still raise some problems.  Hopefully though, since I am the one who spend most of the time raising them that they will be raised in a way that they know about religion (not from me) but is never forced on them.  I want them to experience life, have more opportunities than I did.  I don't want religion to rule their lives like it did mine.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Atheism: A non-prophet organization.

Which is it, is man one of God?s blunders or is God one of man?s?
     Reply #2 - September 16, 2009, 04:10 AM

I'm just going to raise them to be good human beings.  The only obstacle for me is that the father is a muslim but not a religious one.  Still it can still raise some problems.  Hopefully though, since I am the one who spend most of the time raising them that they will be raised in a way that they know about religion (not from me) but is never forced on them.  I want them to experience life, have more opportunities than I did.  I don't want religion to rule their lives like it did mine.

+1  Afro
     Reply #3 - September 18, 2009, 08:50 PM

give them free will.

raise them as good human biengs who don't look down on anybody.
    I'll raise them to respect everybody that they come in contact with.
    i'll raise them to be a smiling human biengs with a heart made of pure gold heart
     yeah...xD thats it
     Reply #4 - September 18, 2009, 09:23 PM

Force them to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Well either that or let them make up their own mind about stuff.

Not sure yet.

grin12
     Reply #5 - September 18, 2009, 09:43 PM

I'm years away from marriage and starting a family but I have this one question: if one set of parents brings up their kids brainwashed with a religion, and another set of atheist parents does the same but teaches evolution, then are the latter parents just as bad hijacking their kids' mind? Ideally, kids should grow up and make their own choice once they reach a certain age, but then again religious memes are like viruses, and a mild jab of critical thinking or teaching them evolution would help protect them in case some nutter or group comes along and takes advantage of them. What do you think?
     Reply #6 - September 18, 2009, 09:47 PM

I don't see how you can compare brainwashing a child with religion and teaching evolution.   Huh?  Teaching your child about a fact of nature is hardly the same as brain washing them.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - September 18, 2009, 09:52 PM

I'm years away from marriage and starting a family but I have this one question: if one set of parents brings up their kids brainwashed with a religion, and another set of atheist parents does the same but teaches evolution, then are the latter parents just as bad hijacking their kids' mind? Ideally, kids should grow up and make their own choice once they reach a certain age, but then again religious memes are like viruses, and a mild jab of critical thinking or teaching them evolution would help protect them in case some nutter or group comes along and takes advantage of them. What do you think?

Huge difference between religion which is based on faith and evolution which is based on overwhelming evidence.

I am teaching my kids about evolution - just as I teach them about gravity.

Reply #8 - September 18, 2009, 10:02 PM

I make my children believe in a cruel, brutal, angry, hungry for attention and praise, insecure, sad and sick minded god?

And then I expect my children to be happy, loving, emotionally and mentally secure and healthy?

Am I out of my mind?
     Reply #9 - September 18, 2009, 10:04 PM

I make my children believe in a cruel, brutal, angry, hungry for attention and praise, insecure, sad and sick minded god?

And then I expect my children to be happy, loving, emotionally and mentally secure and healthy?

Am I out of my mind?

Nope - you are a good Muslim or Christian.
     Reply #10 - September 18, 2009, 10:23 PM

Force them to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Well either that or let them make up their own mind about stuff.

Not sure yet.

grin12

Did you ever say anything like 'I don't believe in Islam anymore, despite what i've previously said'?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #11 - September 18, 2009, 10:25 PM

Huge difference between religion which is based on faith and evolution which is based on overwhelming evidence.

I am teaching my kids about evolution - just as I teach them about gravity.

Fine fine, yes you & are Cheetah are correct. Sorry, very silly question. oops
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »