Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Do Muslims have an inferiority complex about the west?

(Read 3142 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Do Muslims have an inferiority complex about the west?
     OP - September 10, 2009, 03:30 PM

After a discussion yesterday about Christopher Columbus arriving in Cuba and discovering a Mosque on top of a Mountain (I.e. Muslims had arrived there before these stupid infidels!), I was thinking, do Muslims have an inferiority complex about the West which makes them make up these stories?

One person said:

Muslims are superior in every way conceivable. Europeans realise this and continue to revert en masse.

It is this attitude that Muslims are taught, which might make it difficult to comprehend that kafirs may be better at certain things than Muslims.

There is this myth about Columbus. There is also the scientific miracles in the Qur'an; this came about in the 1970s, just after the moon landings and the West was far more technologically advanced than the Islamic World. The "Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an" is a defence of Islam in a scientific and technological world.

There is also the infamous story of Neil Armstrong. The way I see it, certain Muslims could not take it that the first person to land on the moon was a kafir!  They had to make him Muslim in some way, so that notion that "Muslims are superior in every way conceivable" can be upheld.

Any thoughts?

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Re: Do Muslims have an inferiority complex about the west?
     Reply #1 - September 10, 2009, 03:48 PM

After a discussion yesterday about Christopher Columbus arriving in Cuba and discovering a Mosque on top of a Mountain (I.e. Muslims had arrived there before these stupid infidels!), I was thinking, do Muslims have an inferiority complex about the West which makes them make up these stories?

One person said:

It is this attitude that Muslims are taught, which might make it difficult to comprehend that kafirs may be better at certain things than Muslims.

There is this myth about Columbus. There is also the scientific miracles in the Qur'an; this came about in the 1970s, just after the moon landings and the West was far more technologically advanced than the Islamic World. The "Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an" is a defence of Islam in a scientific and technological world.

There is also the infamous story of Neil Armstrong. The way I see it, certain Muslims could not take it that the first person to land on the moon was a kafir!  They had to make him Muslim in some way, so that notion that "Muslims are superior in every way conceivable" can be upheld.

Any thoughts?

There is something about Columbus and America in this talk:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5gJ4e0bV1o&feature=PlayList&p=3636CC5F0B5A1991&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

I don't think it's here nor there to be honest. It doesn't really make a difference to me, whether the muslims or Columbus got there first. It doesn't change what the sources say.

As far as Neil Armstrong is concerned. I was impressed when I heard this in my early teens. But now it's just a stupid joke!
     Reply #2 - September 10, 2009, 03:51 PM

The same argument can be used regarding the Muslim attitude towards Jews.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #3 - September 10, 2009, 04:48 PM

Muslims as a whole do suffer from an inferiority complex.

They have been told by the Quran that they are superior.  So when they see the muslims plight they suffer from cognitive dissonance, how can infidels be doing better when they are doing everything wrong?  The only way to cover this, is by saying either

i)  Being honest, and accepting that the way of life according to Quran does not make a better socety
    ii) Say we are being punished by God for not following the quran correctly
    iii)  Lie to yourself by saying Muslims are doing better, or that its all misrepresentation by the media

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - September 10, 2009, 04:56 PM

Muslims as a whole do suffer from an inferiority complex.

They have been told by the Quran that they are superior.  So when they see the muslims plight they suffer from cognitive dissonance, how can infidels be doing better when they are doing everything wrong?  The only way to cover this, is by saying either

i)  Being honest, and accepting that the way of life according to Quran does not make a better socety
    ii) Say we are being punished by God for not following the quran correctly
    iii)  Lie to yourself by saying Muslims are doing better, or that its all misrepresentation by the media

Point ii is usually the one that is used. It has another dimension though, which is that Allah is sending them a trial.
     Reply #5 - September 10, 2009, 05:28 PM

Question, does everyone who think they are superior in some way suffer from an inferiority complex or are a superiority complex and an inferiority complex two different things?

It's just that the muslims I know are not harbouring some inferiority complex towards the west, they believe 100% they are superior.  wacko

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #6 - September 10, 2009, 05:51 PM

Inferiority complex is something they have firmly embedded in their subconscious, as they are not willing to accept it.

The outward manifestation of it is shown as superiority, but internally it is down to feelings of inferiority.  

They need to show it on the outside, as deep down in their subconscious they dont believe its true.

For those that do not suffer from it, they do not feel the need to prove anything, and do not have the need to show outwardly that they superior, as its immaterial to them.

Anyhow I might be wrong, but that is what I see with my psychiatrist hat on.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - September 10, 2009, 06:32 PM

Inferiority complex is something they have firmly embedded in their subconscious, as they are not willing to accept it.

The outward manifestation of it is shown as superiority, but internally it is down to feelings of inferiority. 

They need to show it on the outside, as deep down in their subconscious they dont believe its true.

For those that do not suffer from it, they do not feel the need to prove anything, and do not have the need to show outwardly that they superior, as its immaterial to them.

Anyhow I might be wrong, but that is what I see with my psychiatrist hat on.

That is exactly how I see it. They have an inferiority complex so they feel they have to prove Muslim superiority. I used to do that all the time. I was quite an insecure person and to hide my insecurity I used to try and show a lot of bravado.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #8 - September 10, 2009, 08:27 PM

So Thats what the *we-will-dominate-the-world-because-of-our-birthrates-and-1000 conversions-a-day* is all about. Insecurity...

Islam needs a Hug... after it strips of the Explosive belt of course...  Afro

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #9 - September 11, 2009, 05:45 AM

Quran teaches Muslims to falsely believe they are the dog's bollocks, and top of the food chain in humanity bar none. When we eventually realise that Muslims essentially are a dis-organised bunch of sexually frustrated hot-headed lazy folks living mostly in illiterate, ignorant, and impoverished societies...we realise that this false sense of pride amongst Muslims is, frankly, all bollocks!

Yes they do suffer an inferiority complex, and they are jealous of the West and other advanced societies, in fact I believe that in the Quran/Hadith there is a saying that the Kuffar will always be given the best things in life because they are the kuffar who will burn in hell eternally, while the Muslims will have a great reward for their piety, patience, and faith rather than actually striving to better themselves without the need for religious chauvinism.

p.s. BerberElla...your avatar is quite...enticing  mysmilie_977 bunny

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #10 - September 11, 2009, 06:20 AM

If you get victory it is allah rewarding you
    If you get defeat it is allah punishing you
    if you see signs of allah, it is a miracle to strengthen your faith
    If you dont see signs, it is a test of your faith
    Prayers are always answered, sometimes it is no, sometimes it is maybe, yaddah yaddah yaddah

There is something for every occasion.

as for the story, when your belief system is built on make believe and blind submission to what you are told...... You are predisposed to imaginary stories, and you will believe anything, no matter how insane, if it backs up that belief system.

I'm willing to wager that the majority of these stories, from allah singin on the moon with Neil Armstrong to "scientific miracles" of the quran are made up by people who make a lot of money of gullible people, and have a vested interest in keeping them amused. Its as old as religion itself. After all, then clerics would need to get real jobs.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »