Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women

(Read 12331 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women
     OP - September 09, 2009, 11:48 AM

Not exactly breaking news...

Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women

Talking to an attractive woman really can make a man lose his mind, according to a new study.

Pat Hagan

Published: 03 Sep 2009

The research shows men who spend even a few minutes in the company of an attractive woman perform less well in tests designed to measure brain function than those who chat to someone they do not find attractive.

Researchers who carried out the study, published in the Journal of Experimental and Social Psychology, think the reason may be that men use up so much of their brain function or ?cognitive resources? trying to impress beautiful women, they have little left for other tasks.

The findings have implications for the performance of men who flirt with women in the workplace, or even exam results in mixed-sex schools.

Women, however, were not affected by chatting to a handsome man.

This may be simply because men are programmed by evolution to think more about mating opportunities.

Psychologists at Radboud University in The Netherlands carried out the study after one of them was so struck on impressing an attractive woman he had never met before, that he could not remember his address when she asked him where he lived.

Researchers said it was as if he was so keen to make an impression he ?temporarily absorbed most of his cognitive resources.?

To see if other men were affected in the same way, they recruited 40 male heterosexual students.

Each one performed a standard memory test where they had to observe a stream of letters and say, as fast as possible, if each one was the same as the one before last.

The volunteers then spent seven minutes chatting to male or female members of the research team before repeating the test.

The results showed men were slower and less accurate after trying to impress the women. The more they fancied them, the worse their score.

But when the task was repeated with a group of female volunteers, they did not get the same results. Memory scores stayed the same, whether they had chatted to a man or a woman.

In a report on their findings the researchers said: ?We conclude men?s cognitive functioning may temporarily decline after an interaction with an attractive woman.?

Psychologist Dr George Fieldman, a member of the British Psychological Society, said the findings reflect the fact that men are programmed to think about ways to pass on their genes.

?When a man meets a pretty woman, he is what we call ?reproductively focused?.

?But a woman also looks for signs of other attributes, such as wealth, youth and kindness. Just the look of the man would be unlikely to have the same effect.?

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
  • Re: Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women
     Reply #1 - September 09, 2009, 11:51 AM

This is scientific proof as to why they should wear the hijab, and niqab just to be safe. Right AW?

Typical, and pitiful at the same time.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #2 - September 09, 2009, 11:55 AM

Actually it isn't, unless you can establish that men tested better after looking at attractive women wearing hijab.  Even niqab can show an attractive pair of eyes.  Let's face it, if men really are "programmed to think about ways to pass on their genes" a piece of cloth isn't going to stop them, is it?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - September 09, 2009, 11:58 AM

Actually it isn't, unless you can establish that men tested better after looking at attractive women wearing hijab.  Even niqab can show an attractive pair of eyes.  Let's face it, if men really are "programmed to think about ways to pass on their genes" a piece of cloth isn't going to stop them, is it?

This.

It's not a properly conducted test if both aspects are not researched.
     Reply #4 - September 09, 2009, 12:11 PM

This.

It's not a properly conducted test if both aspects are not researched.

IMHO, the ladies who wear the niqab and hijaab firstly see it as a command from Allah, then see it as a protection for themselves, in the sense that their physical attraction is hidden from the eyes of "non-mahram" and only for their husbands. The onus is then shifted to the men to also lower their gaze. Psychologically it's supposed to make men aware that they are not that type of girl (which is what i've been told).
     Reply #5 - September 09, 2009, 12:38 PM

This is scientific proof as to why they should wear the hijab, and niqab just to be safe. Right AW?

Typical, and pitiful at the same time.

Worse, its scientific proof that the uncovered meat sheikh was right all along!

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #6 - September 09, 2009, 12:42 PM

What do you want women to do about it? Hmm?
     Reply #7 - September 09, 2009, 12:46 PM

What do you want women to do about it? Hmm?

Who are you directing this question to?
     Reply #8 - September 09, 2009, 01:01 PM

Arab-Wannabe
     Reply #9 - September 09, 2009, 01:02 PM

They should make a comparison between , men from countries where all women are covered and they are not used to seeing women dressing freely on the streets , and men from other countries who are used to seeing women wearing what they want.
    As for me i personally think , if men are used to seeing women even half naked all the time , they will show less interest with time, and will be able to focus more in what they do.
    also, women werenot distracted by men , but am sure if they showed them a fashion show , or even pics of new bags and shoes, maybe they will get different results :-/

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #10 - September 09, 2009, 01:11 PM

Cover up bags with a hijab! Cheesy

I think this study from Egypt pretty much settles the matter on how useless Islamic dress is when it comes to deterring mens sexual behaviour-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7514567.stm

Sexual harassment of women in Egypt is on the increase and observing Islamic dress code is no deterrent, according to a survey published this week.
    The Egyptian Centre for Women's Rights (ECWR) describes the problem as a social cancer and calls on the government to introduce legislation to curb it.
    The findings contradict the widely held belief in Egypt that unveiled women are more likely to suffer harassment than veiled ones.

Participants in the survey were shown pictures of women wearing different kinds of dress - from the mini skirt to the niqab (full face veil) and asked which were more likely to be harassed.
    More than 60% - including female respondents - suggested the scantily clad woman was most at risk. But in reality the study concluded the majority of the victims of harassment were modestly dressed women wearing Islamic headscarves.

Lust is a natural human instinct, no piece of cloth is going to change that.
     Reply #11 - September 09, 2009, 01:20 PM

Cover up bags with a hijab! Cheesy

I think this study from Egypt pretty much settles the matter on how useless Islamic dress is when it comes to deterring mens sexual behaviour-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7514567.stm

Lust is a natural human instinct, no piece of cloth is going to change that.

And its always the woman`s fault somehow!
    Maybe being attractive is our tool for survival .."" survival of the cutest"" Tongue ?

Reply #12 - September 09, 2009, 01:44 PM

I think people like the meat sheikh should be forced to wear a male chastity device and hand over the key to their wife or girlfriend. That's men's burkha for you.

"God is a geometer" - Plato

"God is addicted to arithmetic" - Sir James Jeans
     Reply #13 - September 09, 2009, 01:57 PM

Worse still, its evidence that men are deficient in intelligence.   Tongue

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #14 - September 09, 2009, 02:02 PM

Worse still, its evidence that men are deficient in intelligence.   Tongue

And they are deficient in deen cause they have sex with more than one woman. yes

Reply #15 - September 09, 2009, 03:49 PM

Do you think that topless women that belong to certain tribes in Africa actually experience more rape than the rest of the world?  Our undertanding of appropriate clothing is just relative

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - September 09, 2009, 03:56 PM

As for me i personally think , if men are used to seeing women even half naked all the time , they will show less interest with time, and will be able to focus more in what they do.

Um, no...I see hot girls in revealing outfits on the streets of Philadelphia every day, and still, let's say I'm in the middle of a conversation with someone on the street or a sidewalk table and a hot girls walks by...I still often end up losing my train of thought for a few minutes and the person I'm talking to (especially if they are female) gets frustrated that I ended up spacing out in the middle of a conversation.

fuck you
     Reply #17 - September 09, 2009, 04:55 PM

Do you think that topless women that belong to certain tribes in Africa actually experience more rape than the rest of the world?  Our undertanding of appropriate clothing is just relative

+1  Afro

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #18 - September 09, 2009, 06:03 PM

Two solutions i can think of:

1. We cover the women to make sure men are at 100% all the time.
    2. We uncover all the women to make men more desensitized.

The first solution is what arabs, muslim cultures and extreme christian cultures are doing.
    The Second solution is what the rest of the world is doing.

Which country/culture gave more to humanity? Books, movies, culture, invention, medicine, plastic, cars, computers, etc..
    Also which country/culture you would rather move to.
    Which country/culture everyone is running away from.

Give it a rest AW. The muslim cultures were much more productive and progressive 30-50yrs ago before the advent of the islamic rituals into their culture. Stop throwing back your culture back to the 17th century. In that regard, you are as bad as pope Benedict. He is also trying hard to bring catholicism to the 17th.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #19 - September 09, 2009, 06:07 PM

Why don't men and women both wear niqab? Women cover their whole bodies to prevent zina, so if men did it as well, wouldn't it be twice as effective?

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #20 - September 09, 2009, 06:12 PM

Let's cover up the men who can't control themselves, or better yet, let's see what they think if we propose gouging out their eyes to prevent them from looking/sinning.  Roll Eyes

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #21 - September 09, 2009, 06:23 PM

i like to lose my mind when i see a good looking women... its one of the pleasures of being male. Makes me feel kind of fuzzy inside...  Afro

Im not talking about the *GRAAAAH...Rape... Molest... Kill...GRAAAAAH* feelings Muslim seem to talk about when they are arguing for the Burka. I dont understand how any man could have such feelings or thoughts when he sees a beatiful lady.

In the end my Girlfriend is the one who benefits the most when i see another sexual attractive women  dance I Love to make her happy  grin12

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #22 - September 09, 2009, 06:27 PM

i like to lose my mind when i see a good looking women... its one of the pleasures of being male. Makes me feel kind of fuzzy inside...  Afro

Im not talking about the *GRAAAAH...Rape... Molest... Kill...GRAAAAAH* feelings Muslim seem to talk about when they are arguing for the Burka. I dont understand how any man could have such feelings or thoughts when he sees a beatiful lady.

In the end my Girlfriend is the one who benefits the most when i see another sexual attractive women  dance I Love to make her happy  grin12

Mostly, those feelings of violence towards women comes from a combination of sexual repression, where women are kept hidden and out of view, and there's no outlet for the natural sexual curiosities of both men and women, combined with a culture that apologizes for rape, that justifies rape. In highly patriarchal-religious cultures, rape is seen as the fault of the victim, not the rapist.

Pat Condell's video makes a great case against the Burqa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FpTvp0tgs

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #23 - September 09, 2009, 08:02 PM

Um, no...I see hot girls in revealing outfits on the streets of Philadelphia every day, and still, let's say I'm in the middle of a conversation with someone on the street or a sidewalk table and a hot girls walks by...I still often end up losing my train of thought for a few minutes and the person I'm talking to (especially if they are female) gets frustrated that I ended up spacing out in the middle of a conversation.

But at least u are used to seeing women dressing freely , am talking about men in countries where the majority of women are totally covered and not covering ur hair even considered improper .. These types of men are easily distracted by anything.

Reply #24 - September 09, 2009, 08:07 PM

But at least u are used to seeing women dressing freely , am talking about men in countries where the majority of women are totally covered and not covering ur hair even considered improper .. These types of men are easily distracted by anything.

Thats a case for no-one wearing the burka, or everyone wearing it.  Which one is better?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - September 09, 2009, 08:10 PM

Thats a case for no-one wearing the burka, or everyone wearing it.  Which one is better?

errm, i didnot get ur question  wacko

Reply #26 - September 09, 2009, 08:14 PM

Noone wearing it. Period!

You lose your train of thought for several minutes?!  Huh?

I can relate to 2-3 seconds... but minutes? I may look, even turn my head, but just sit there and stare into the air for minutes?! Wow...

Women are made to look good to men. And We are made to respond to that. Not in raping them... but to focus our attention on them for some moments. Its natural.

If our civilisation wouldnt have evolved like it did, maybe we would all walk around naked and wouldnt care at all.

In my oppinion degrades the burka not only the women, but the men too. In forcing the women to wear it, the man actually say they cant controle themselfes. Thats just so stupid. They just need to get laid! Get these guys a dominant women and they will see how good sex can be when the girl dont just lies under them like a dead fish.

"there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #27 - September 09, 2009, 08:19 PM

errm, i didnot get ur question  wacko

You can solve the problem you mentioned by two means.  Ban the burkha or ensure everyone wears it.  In any case in western cultures there are also different ways people dress.  Some conservatively, some provacatively so relatively speaking the same problem applies i.e. those wearing the strict niqab vs the hijab which shows the entire face.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #28 - September 09, 2009, 08:24 PM

You can solve the problem you mentioned by two means.  Ban the burkha or ensure everyone wears it.  In any case in western cultures there are also different ways people dress.  Some conservatively, some provacatively so relatively speaking the same problem applies i.e. those wearing the strict niqab vs the hijab which shows the entire face.

It can never be solved at least where i live , cause its not just about religion,its about culture.. and if the study proved that men are distracted and women arenot , then men should stay home :-/

Reply #29 - September 09, 2009, 08:29 PM

Wou wou wou!!! Men can contain themselfes... its just a stupid excuse! If i can contain myself then any other man can. Because im like the most horny dude that ever lived!

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »