Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Can you please help me in a debate (for Arabic speaking only)

(Read 2151 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Can you please help me in a debate (for Arabic speaking only)
     OP - September 04, 2009, 04:38 PM

Can anyone help me to find an original Arabic part in the Khaldun's book Muqaddema
    Here is the part I need:
    "In the Muslim community, the holy war is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the [Muslim] mission and [the obligation to] convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force. Therefore, caliphate and royal authority are united [in Islam], so that the person in charge can devote the available strength to both of them [i.e. religion and politics] at the same time. The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense."

"Thereafter, there were dissensions among the Christians with regard to their religion and to Christology. ... We do not think that we should blacken the pages of this book with discussion of their dogmas of unbelief. In general, they are well known. All of them are unbelief. This is clearly stated in the noble Qur'an. [To] discuss or argue those things with them is not up to us. It is [for them to choose between] conversion to Islam, payment of the poll tax, or death."

here are those parts in Princeton translation:
    hxxp://tinyurl.com/lvt25j
    hxxp://tinyurl.com/kvy2un
    Here is the original Arabic version:
    hxxp://driverstage.com/pdf/muqaddema.html
    (change xx to tt in links)
  • Re: Can you please help me in a debate (for Arabic speaking only)
     Reply #1 - September 04, 2009, 05:33 PM

"In the Muslim community, the holy war is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the [Muslim] mission and [the obligation to] convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force. Therefore, caliphate and royal authority are united [in Islam], so that the person in charge can devote the available strength to both of them [i.e. religion and politics] at the same time. The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense."

وهو المسمى بالملك والملة الإسلامية لما كان الجهاد فيها مشروعا لعموم الدعوة وحمل الكافة على دين الإسلام طوعا أو
       كرها اتخذت فيها الخلافة والملك لتوجه الشوكة من القائمين بها إليهما معا وأما ما سوى الملة الإسلامية فلم تكن دعوتهم عامة ولا الجهاد عندهم مشروعا إلا في المدافعة فقط
  • Re: Can you please help me in a debate (for Arabic speaking only)
     Reply #2 - September 04, 2009, 06:11 PM

Thank you, but translation was pointed out as a garbage so it has been a bit lost work, anyway thank you Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »