Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quotes you would consider for your signature

(Read 262875 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 37 38 3940 41 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Quotes you would consider for your signature
     Reply #1140 - February 02, 2012, 01:05 AM

“History is written by the writers.” - Sarah Vowell

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #1141 - February 02, 2012, 03:29 AM

thought it was.. history is written by the winners..
     Reply #1142 - February 21, 2012, 01:37 AM

"I love science, and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awed by nature.  Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and reinvigorate it."

-- Robert Sapolsky, Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers

I came across this as quoted in a book by Daniel Levitin called This Is Your Brain On Music which starts off with the sentence "I love music and I love science."

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #1143 - February 25, 2012, 10:57 AM

Ricky (Hitman) Hatton once said: "imagine if you got home and found mike Tyson in bed with your missus.... You'd fucking tuck him in wouldn't you!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5sAs_1Fzlo&feature=related
     Reply #1144 - February 25, 2012, 12:14 PM

Ricky (Hitman) Hatton once said: "imagine if you got home and found mike Tyson in bed with your missus.... You'd fucking tuck him in wouldn't you!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5sAs_1Fzlo&feature=related

How re you doing King Tut?? what is happening in your Kingdom??  Your Girl friend is out of control., can't you put some sort of leash on her??  may be she needs leash and a tape on her mouth..

Click that picture and see what you can do in that Kingdom my lord King Tut.,   We can not alliow kingdom to fall apart because of the women like these.. that too it is your girlfriend..   And..and what else you see on this channel Manchester-based DM Digital TV host Um e Adil's program in your kingdom??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqR7zDngjxI

This FOOL is discussing lots of subjects.......in London from London  ., that is from 26/09/11

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1145 - February 25, 2012, 05:17 PM

I heard this on "American Dad" last night whilst under the ummm influence.
    there were some GOOD ones but i was laughing so hard i forgot them lol.

the fish klaus said:

"He makes the walls of my anus look good!"

Cheesy

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #1146 - March 07, 2012, 12:55 AM

Wouldn't sig them now, but I used to like these as a muslim:

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. - Khalil Gibran

The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays. -Soren Kierkegaard

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #1147 - March 07, 2012, 03:00 AM

[Insert anything said by Jema here]

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #1148 - March 07, 2012, 06:30 AM

“If you allow timidity to guide your play then you will never achieve victory… All you will find are new ghosts to fear. Too often you allow the fear of that which your opponent has not even considered to keep you from greatness.”

— Graham McNeill.

I like this one, touches home with me.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #1149 - March 07, 2012, 09:46 PM

[Insert anything said by Jema here]

<3

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #1150 - March 07, 2012, 10:52 PM

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear”

Mark Twain

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1151 - March 08, 2012, 05:01 PM

Okay, this has got to be my new favourite quote:
    'What's up brother?'
    'Man, hanging out like snot tryna get a cloth'

Cheesy Cheesy

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #1152 - April 07, 2012, 09:11 PM

"A joke is a temporary rebellion against virtue, and its aim is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded. A willingness to make extremely obscene jokes can co-exist with very strict moral standards, as in Shakespeare. Some comic writers, like Dickens, have a direct political purpose, others, like Chaucer or Rabelais, accept the corruption of society as something inevitable; but no comic writer of any stature has ever suggested that society is good."

- George Orwell, Funny, but not Vulgar.
     Reply #1153 - April 12, 2012, 02:21 AM

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1154 - April 14, 2012, 07:04 PM

There are stars in the night sky that look brighter than the others, and when you look at them through a telescope you realize you are looking at twins. The two stars rotate around each other, sometimes taking nearly a hundred years to do it. They create so much gravitational pull there's no room around for anything else. You might see a blue star, for example, and realize only later that it has a white dwarf as a companion-that first one shines so bright, by the time you notice the second one, it's really too late.

J.Picoult-My sister's keeper

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #1155 - April 14, 2012, 07:08 PM

nvm

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #1156 - April 14, 2012, 09:01 PM

"They will try to lock me up for life ... But I’ll get back to Russia. I don’t know when. But I’m still young. Your empire will collapse and I’ll get out of here."-- Victor Bout

fuck you
     Reply #1157 - April 15, 2012, 01:13 AM

"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause." - Eric Hoffer

"Whenever we proclaim the uniqueness of a religion, a truth, a leader, a nation, a race, a part or a holy cause, we are also proclaiming our own uniqueness." - Eric Hoffer

"A doctrine insulates the devout not only against the realities around them but also against their own selves. The fanatical believer is not conscious of his envy, malice, pettiness and dishonesty. There is a wall of words between his consciousness and his real self." - Eric Hoffer

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1158 - April 15, 2012, 01:17 AM

Eric Hoffer = billy

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1159 - April 19, 2012, 09:25 PM

Love this:

When the Scofields and Karen Armstrongs of the world talk about how the new atheists just aren't aware of the liberal, tolerant, sativa smoking, feminist, genderqueer god concept, my response is "I don't believe in that motherfucker, either."

Frederick Sparks

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1160 - April 22, 2012, 08:26 PM

This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. The writing is getting boring. The sound of it drones. It's like a stuck record. The ear demands some variety. Now listen. I vary the sentence length, and I create music. Music. The writing sings. It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony. I use short sentences. And I use sentences of medium length. And sometimes, when I am certain the reader is rested, I will engage him with a sentence of considerable length, a sentence that burns with energy and builds with all the impetus of a crescendo, the roll of the drums, the crash of the cymbals - sounds that say listen to this, it is important  - Gary Provost

When you invite negativity in, you have to feed it, and hangout with it - Erykah Badu

Where does a thought go when it's forgotten? - Sigmund Freud

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #1161 - April 23, 2012, 09:17 PM

Having large breasts makes you feel sexy, attractive and desirable. If men could have an operation to do the same there would be a line going around the block and Medicaid would cover it.

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #1162 - April 24, 2012, 12:43 PM

"If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." - Carl Sagan

Reply #1163 - April 24, 2012, 01:38 PM

Don't Grow Up!  Its a Trap!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #1164 - April 24, 2012, 11:26 PM

I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious - Einstein

^ Love that quote 'cause that's exactly who I am.

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #1165 - April 25, 2012, 02:37 PM

"People who have no hold over their process of thinking are likely to be ruined by liberty of thought. If thought is immature, liberty of thought becomes a method of converting men into animals." ~ Allama Iqbal

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #1166 - April 25, 2012, 03:36 PM

“I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”

I.Newton

Reply #1167 - April 27, 2012, 10:50 AM

"Fuck! Is one expected to be a gentleman when one is stiff?"

- Louis Sade, Philosophy in the Bedroom
     Reply #1168 - May 02, 2012, 04:51 AM

I prefer to make my own quotes like the two  have in my signature right now.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #1169 - May 03, 2012, 07:55 PM

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."-- John Lennon

• Previous page 1 ... 37 38 3940 41 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »