Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quotes you would consider for your signature

(Read 262858 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 29 30 3132 33 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Quotes you would consider for your signature
     Reply #900 - May 01, 2011, 07:18 AM

Looks good to me.

ETA: In fact I have to say it's one of the best arguments for God I've ever seen. Wink

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #901 - May 01, 2011, 07:56 AM

The structure of the argument is sound, therefore the conclusion must be true. Smiley

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grouchy  what is the  good reason for picking up an innocent girl  as Osama  bin Laden?    

Reply #902 - May 01, 2011, 08:09 AM

Haha. I wish I could take credit for it.

The quote is from a Jewish, holocaust survivor may I add, writer and chemist Primo Levi.

It is featured in the film - Into the Wild.

Please listen to it. It is so awe inspiring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0GV150VkxE&feature=related

Wow. That's one to memorise. It'll take over the space in my mind occupied by:

' As long as 100 of us remain alive,
    We shall never be subject to English dominion
    For it is not for riches, power or glory that we fight
    But for freedom alone,
    Which no worthy man relinquishes without his life'

LOL arX in proving Stevie Wonder is God.

Hi
     Reply #903 - May 01, 2011, 08:18 AM

"It's nice being not particularly good at any instrument, but being a mediocre player of quiet a few - you can get away with quite different textures.  A lot of the tracks have got a Fender Rhodes, I'm just an absolute sucker for a Fender Rhodes or Wurlitzer sound, so we tend to cane that."

-- Mark Hill (Artful Dodger)

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #904 - May 01, 2011, 05:04 PM

The structure of the argument is sound, therefore the conclusion must be true. Smiley

That argument is neither valid nor sound unfortunately. In fact it contains probably the most basic fallacy around.
     Reply #905 - May 01, 2011, 05:09 PM

That argument is neither valid nor sound unfortunately. In fact it contains probably the most basic fallacy around.

Your sense of humour called. It wants to know why you have not been in touch for a while.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #906 - May 01, 2011, 05:09 PM

God is Love.
    Love is Blind.
    Stevie Wonder is blind.
    Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Grin

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #907 - May 01, 2011, 05:15 PM

Your sense of humour called. It wants to know why you have not been in touch for a while.

Too many bad jokes.
     Reply #908 - May 01, 2011, 05:17 PM

It's times like these that I miss donatelo and his u mad?erisms.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #909 - May 01, 2011, 05:21 PM

Too many bad jokes.

Reply #910 - May 01, 2011, 05:31 PM

Reply #911 - May 01, 2011, 05:33 PM

Cheesy

Hi
     Reply #912 - May 01, 2011, 05:42 PM

Reply #913 - May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM

Reply #914 - May 01, 2011, 05:45 PM

Lol I think we should stop spamming this thread. Your last meme was recycled anyway ^ lazy.
     Reply #915 - May 01, 2011, 05:48 PM

Lol I think we should stop spamming this thread.

I accept your surrender.

Reply #916 - May 01, 2011, 05:58 PM

It's a tactical retreat.
     Reply #917 - May 01, 2011, 06:22 PM

Nothing worse than a monster who thinks he's right with God. - Firefly

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #918 - May 02, 2011, 11:56 AM

"Fukayama was right: history has indeed come to an end, though not through any triumph of ideals. It's been smothered under a tsunami of electronically-mediated dribbling and outright cretinry. The only thing left for a man of any moral cultivation or decency is to construct his own doomsday device and do to humanity what a loving God should have done around 1973."

A meditation on mumsnet, yesterday. Source.
     Reply #919 - May 02, 2011, 04:00 PM

Nice toor.

Just seen a nice quote in Lara 91's blog...can't decide whether it suits me more than my current one?

'Even if Islam is real, it's still shit'

Hi
     Reply #920 - May 04, 2011, 02:38 AM

^^^  Cheesy Cheesy i loved the last line.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #921 - May 04, 2011, 05:06 AM

All the juice squeezed out of Jungle by the post-techstep school of scientific drum 'n' bass has oozed back in the succulent form of two-step.

-- Simon Reynolds, The Wire

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #922 - May 04, 2011, 05:32 PM

Bison.,  I am a type of a guy, I will cut my rectum and I will cut YOUR RECTUM, and make IT in to pieces put it on skewer along with hot pepper..lemon  Vodka with salt... and digest it along with glass of  Vodka..

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #923 - May 09, 2011, 05:34 PM

"Being called close-minded by religious people is a bit like being called yellow by a bunch of bananas."

~Pat Condell

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #924 - May 09, 2011, 05:39 PM

Is anyone else completely bored of the 'religious people are stupid/hypocritical/narrow-minded' witticisms?
     Reply #925 - May 09, 2011, 05:44 PM

Sartre on influence:

If I am to approve of [writers in whom I recognise myself] they must be making something new out of what I've made myself; and since I am still alive, this can only be in opposition to what I am doing myself.  People worthy of esteem could never be the passive recipients of someone else's influence.  If I really recognise myself in someone, it would vex me - why begin what I have done all over again?  On the contrary, if a writer (or a young reader who is not a writer) pleases me, it's usually because he disconcerts me somewhat initially.  So much the if I subsequently discover behind the novelty of his thoughts an image of my former self - though altered and half-obscured with age.

In a word, what is honourable about reading is this: the reader freely allows himself to be influenced.  This fact alone is enough to quash the fable of his passivity. The reader invents us: he uses our words to set his own traps for himself.  He is active, he transcends us - that is why we write.  And that precisely is why I have never been disappointed by my craft.  Of course, I had to endure the apprenticeship of impotence - but this was because in 1940 or thereabouts I still innocently believed in Father Christmas.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #926 - May 09, 2011, 06:06 PM

"Eternal life would be no gift , but arguably the most horrific tortures that can be laid on a sentient being. I mean, sure, the first million years might be fun, but what about the next million and the billion after that and the trillion after that and you would still have an eternity left. This is never going to end; there will never be an end in sight. Eternal life is mearly the poorly thought out fiction of mortals who have gotten greedy. Eternal life would be a curse. Without death, there is no reason to do things. Eternal life would rob you of purpose. And this is how things would remain for eternity, and eternity after that and eternity after that.

I strongly urge you to accept your mortality. Do not let your fear of your inevitable death make you waste your own mortal life pursuing phantasms and delusions. Look at yourself in the mirror. For billions of years, those particle, which are currently looking back at you have circulated in the universe. But for a brief moment they have coalesced in you. Rejoice in the impressive instant until they dissipate whence they came. Delight that you're a spark of life in the universe. Life is so much more vibrant and vivid without bronze age paranoid superstitions, that cloud and contract the mind with some empty and undesirable promise that sparks can burn forever. Our time is finite. This gives our lives meaning. This gives our lives purpose. This gives our lives urgency. Live life today; savor it. " - Thunderf00t

"They say money doesn't grow on trees, but where does the paper come from?" - Lowkey

"All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses, his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind" - Karl Marx

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #927 - May 10, 2011, 08:36 PM

"Religion is exactly what you deserve when you let others do your thinking for you."
    -Baron von Knifty

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #928 - May 11, 2011, 11:16 AM

"Women themselves absorb and transmit misogynistic values, just as men do. This is not a tidy world of tyrannical men and victimized women, but a messier realm of oppressive social customs adhered both by men and women alike."
    ~from Half The Sky.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #929 - May 13, 2011, 05:09 AM

"This is America. There is no reason to lie, cheat, steal, unless you want to be AWESOME. But don't fuck people over to get to the middle. You betray everything America is about. We didn't throw Britain's tea into the ocean because we wanted to be a mediocre country. We didn't let those fuckers line up in a line and then shoot em' in the back, because we didn't want to be one of the best countries in the world. And we're not giving China an IOU, because we plan on actually paying it back. This is America; the land of opportunity to fuck people over. To take what isn't yours. But only if you plan on getting to the top of the mountain and waving what you have, and that they don't, in their face. That's America" - Phillip DeFranco

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
  • Previous page 1 ... 29 30 3132 33 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »