Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quotes you would consider for your signature

(Read 263256 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 48 49 5051 52 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Quotes you would consider for your signature
     Reply #1470 - October 29, 2013, 10:35 AM

Awesome foot-in-mouth quote from Vitaly Milonov (the idiot who started off the new anti-gay laws in Russia).

"A society that legalises sin is going down."

Ok, we have defo gotta legalise sin. dance Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1471 - October 29, 2013, 04:01 PM

"Intelligence in chains loses in lucidity what it gains in intensity" Albert Camus

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #1472 - November 24, 2013, 02:31 AM

"There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an over-abundance of life. I have always found myself in the second category. When you come to think of it, almost all human behavior and activity is not, essentially, any different from animal behavior. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche, and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human. The realm of the real spirit, the true artist, the saint, the philosopher, is rarely achieved. Why so few? Why is world history and evolution not stories of progress, rather this endless and futile addition of zeros? No greater values have developed. Hell, the Greeks 3,000 years ago were just as advanced as we are. So what are these barriers that keep people from reaching anywhere near their real potential. The answer to that can be found in another question, and that's this: which is the most universal human characteristic: fear or laziness?"

-Waking Life-
     Reply #1473 - November 25, 2013, 08:09 AM

“That only a few, under any circumstances, protest against the injustice of long- established laws and customs, does not disprove the fact of the oppressions, while the satisfaction of the many, if real only proves their apathy and deeper degradation.”
    -Elizabeth Cady Stanton, (1815-1902), social activist, abolitionist, freethinker

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

Reply #1474 - November 25, 2013, 10:03 PM

Hmm. You may want to add something by her here: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=25116.msg713011#msg713011

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1475 - November 25, 2013, 10:29 PM

Good point. I have a small collection of works like that. I'll see what I can scrounge up that isn't already there.

Reply #1476 - November 25, 2013, 10:31 PM

No I'm not being paranoid, they really are out to get me.
     Reply #1477 - November 27, 2013, 01:44 AM

Why is the rum gone?
      Lol
     Reply #1478 - November 27, 2013, 02:58 AM

"The cardinal sin of occultism is the contamination of mind and existence, the latter becoming itself an attribute of mind. Mind arose out of existence, as an organ for keeping alive. In reflecting existence, however, it becomes at the same time something else. The existent negates itself as thought upon itself. Such negation is mind's element. To attribute to it positive existence, even of a higher order, would be to deliver it up to what it opposes. Late bourgeois ideology has again made it what it was for pre-animism, a being-in-itself modelled on the social division of labour, on the split between manual and intellectual labour, on the planned domination over the former. In the concept of mind-in-itself consciousness has ontologically justified and perpetuated privilege by making it independent of the social principle by which it is constituted. Such ideology explodes in occultism: it is Idealism come full circle. Just by virtue of the rigid antithesis of being and mind, the latter becomes a department of being. If Idealism demanded solely on behalf of the whole, the Idea, that being be mind and that the latter exist, occultism draws the absurd conclusion that existence is determinate being: "Existence, after it has become, is always being with a non-being, so that this non-being is taken up in simple unity with the being. Non-being taken up in being, the fact that the concrete whole is in the form of being, of immediacy, constitutes determinateness as such." The occultists take literally the non-being in "simple unity with being", and their kind of concreteness is a surreptitious short-cut from the whole to the determinate which can defend itself by claiming that the whole, having once been determined, is no longer the whole. They call to metaphysics: Hic Rhodus hic salta: if the philosophic investment of spirit with existence is determinable, then finally, they sense, any scattered piece of existence must be justifiable as a particular spirit. The doctrine of the existence of the Spirit, the ultimate exaltation of bourgeois consciousness, consequently bore teleologically within it the belief in spirits, its ultimate degradation. The shift to existence, always "positive" and justifying the world, implies at the same time the thesis of the positivity of mind, pinning it down, transposing the absolute into appearance. Whether the whole objective world, as "product", is to be spirit, or a particular thing a particular spirit, ceases to matter, and the world-spirit becomes the supreme Spirit, the guardian angel of the established, despiritualized order. On this the occultists live: their mysticism is the enfant terrible of the mystical moment in Hegel. They take speculation to the point of fraudulent bankruptcy. In passing off determinate being as mind, or spirit, they put objectified mind to the test of existence, which must prove negative. No spirit exists."

Theodor Adorno.
     Reply #1479 - November 28, 2013, 04:25 AM

Honour is such a fucking dishonourable thing.

~Alala

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1480 - November 28, 2013, 05:20 AM

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Mother Theresa

Reply #1481 - November 30, 2013, 11:59 AM

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up  for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #1482 - November 30, 2013, 02:30 PM

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up  for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

This is good. I like it. Worth remembering.

Reply #1483 - November 30, 2013, 03:03 PM

Sir Winston Churchill. Great man.

Reply #1484 - November 30, 2013, 07:49 PM

Sir Winston Churchill. Great man.

That really depends on who you ask. I think he had something to do with carving up the Middle East, so I have always heard his name said with bitterness.

Reply #1485 - November 30, 2013, 07:51 PM

Yet when Mo does it it's to be praised Roll Eyes Anyway, great doesn't mean perfect.

Reply #1486 - November 30, 2013, 07:53 PM

This is true, on both counts.

Reply #1487 - November 30, 2013, 07:59 PM

This is by the Germans. I think I may have to dive into it Smiley

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/the-man-who-saved-europe-how-winston-churchill-stopped-the-nazis-a-712259.html

Reply #1488 - December 04, 2013, 08:33 PM

"Saudi women won't go to hell 'because it's impossible to go there twice.'

Hamza Kashgari
     Reply #1489 - December 04, 2013, 08:58 PM

Cheesy

Reply #1490 - December 04, 2013, 10:24 PM

Cheesy

I think his quote is a response to this hadith.
     "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful."
     Reply #1491 - December 04, 2013, 11:24 PM

Roll Eyes

Reply #1492 - December 04, 2013, 11:46 PM

I think his quote is a response to this hadith.
     "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful."

Excellent reply by him then.

Reply #1493 - December 05, 2013, 02:01 AM

Yup.

Reply #1494 - December 05, 2013, 08:12 AM

"It's almost as if the Bible was written by racist, sexist, homophobic, violent, sexually frustrated men, instead of a loving God. Weird." - Ricky Gervais

Reply #1495 - December 18, 2013, 04:25 PM

Traitor is a legal classification, it does not apply to people who think differently than you.

Reply #1496 - December 18, 2013, 09:03 PM

The Logic of Mo: The Prophet said, “Whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape."

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #1497 - December 18, 2013, 09:15 PM

"If you feel no shame, then do whatever you wish" Prophet Mohammed.

'Truly, there is a Heaven in this world,
     [And] whoever does not enter it,
     Will not enter the Heaven of the next world.'  Ibn Taymiyyah

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
     Reply #1498 - December 18, 2013, 09:17 PM

^^^^^

Did he really say that? Or are you taking the pee-pee?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #1499 - December 18, 2013, 09:19 PM

which one?

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
  • Previous page 1 ... 48 49 5051 52 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »