Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quotes you would consider for your signature

(Read 263211 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 36 37 3839 40 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Quotes you would consider for your signature
     Reply #1110 - October 09, 2011, 01:53 PM

What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself. All day long, and every day, the mill of his brain is grinding, and his thoughts, not those other things, are his history. His acts and his words are merely the visible, thin crust of his world, with its scattered snow summits and its vacant wastes of water--and they are so trifling a part of his bulk! a mere skin enveloping it. The mass of him is hidden--it and its volcanic fires that toss and boil, and never rest, night nor day. These are his life, and they are not written, and cannot be written. Every day would make a whole book of eighty thousand words--three hundred and sixty-five books a year. Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man--the biography of the man himself cannot be written. ~ Mark Twain

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #1111 - October 09, 2011, 06:21 PM

GREATER POOP: Are you really serious or what?
    MAL-2: Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way, it is irrelevant.
    —Interview with Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia
     Reply #1112 - October 10, 2011, 10:06 AM

PENIS PENIS, PENIS PENIS

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #1113 - October 10, 2011, 10:38 AM

Taking fun
    As simply fun
    And earnestness
    In earnest
    Shows how thoroughly
    Thou none
    Of the two
    Discernest.

Piet Hein.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #1114 - October 10, 2011, 02:12 PM

Thinking hard

"sexy time is nice"

great

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #1115 - October 12, 2011, 01:05 AM

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't.
    - Jules Renard

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #1116 - October 13, 2011, 01:18 AM

Even though one might be put to death for speaking the truth, or might be forced to abdicate the throne of a universal monarch, or even that of a king among the gods, one should still utter only truthful speech.

ARYA NAGARJUNA

You mustn’t commit any negative acts, even for the sake of a brahmin, a monk, a god, or a guest, or your father, your mother, your child, your queen, or your retinue....

ARYA NAGARJUNA

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #1117 - October 13, 2011, 07:11 PM

"Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way
    Don't act like you don't like the Ball Buster!"

I still stand by this one.
     Reply #1118 - October 30, 2011, 09:33 PM

"We did what we had to do, and that's why we didn't survive. Only the fakes survive."-- John Lydon

fuck you
     Reply #1119 - October 30, 2011, 10:19 PM

"Silence is the best reply to a fool" --- Ali ibn abi talib
     Reply #1120 - October 30, 2011, 10:24 PM

Nope.. that is only true if the fool is gentleman or nice person.,  other wise, if you go on keeping silent for whatever fool does, then  the fool will beat you up and steal your stuff Aphrodite.. So  Silence is not best option  to all fools

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1121 - October 30, 2011, 10:27 PM

Reply #1122 - October 30, 2011, 10:36 PM

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.
    Oscar Wilde

Cheesy Missed this one earlier. Wilde was great when he was on form.

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way, and on a quiet day I can hear her breathing."
    ~Arundhati Roy

Roy has an absolutely gorgeous way with words. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1123 - October 30, 2011, 10:37 PM

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles."
    Charlie Chaplin
     Reply #1124 - October 30, 2011, 10:42 PM

Nope.. that is only true if the fool is gentleman or nice person.,  other wise, if you go on keeping silent for whatever fool does, then  the fool will beat you up and steal your stuff Aphrodite.. So  Silence is not best option  to all fools

If he hits you then he's not a fool, he's a knobhead who needs to be hit--and then make sure he doesn't get back up  Smiley If he steals from you then hand him over the cops after you've hit him of course.
     Reply #1125 - October 30, 2011, 10:46 PM

If he hits you then he's not a fool, he's a knobhead who needs to be hit--and then make sure he doesn't get back up  Smiley If he steals from you then hand him over the cops after you've hit him of course.

Hit him and beat him...

but but  Huh? Aphrodite if the fool/knobhead  is physically, financially, politically stronger than you what do you do??..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1126 - November 02, 2011, 08:04 AM

No good neurotic finds it difficult to be both opinionated and indecisive.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The neurotic has perfect vision in one eye, but he cannot remember which.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The real is very real to him, the unreal even more so.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

As we are human, we can't do what we can't do; as we're neurotic, we can't do what we can.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The neurotic doesn't know how to cope with his emotional bills; some he keeps paying over and over, others he never pays at all.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

I'm afraid to win, and afraid to lose; I hate a draw and can't stop competing; otherwise I'm fine.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Others settle for small rewards; the neurotic must always go for broke.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The neurotic longs to touch bottom, so at least he won't have that to worry about anymore.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The neurotic circles ceaselessly above a fogged-in airport.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The neurotic thinks himself both Hamlet and Claudius, in a world that belongs to Polonius.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The neurotic is always half-drowning in anxiety, and always being half-rescued.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Neurosis is no worse than a bad cold; you ache all over, and it's made you a mess, but you won't die from it.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Neurotics would like to sleep all the time, and to be awakened only when there is good news.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

At the beginning of a love affair, not even the neurotic is neurotic.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

There are three iron links in the neurotic's chain:  unloving, unlovable, unloved.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic listens to weather reports about Small Craft Warnings, and he thinks:  They're talking about me.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Naturally, the neurotic wants you to love him twice as much, for he's going to cut it in half anyway.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic feels as though trapped in a gas-filled room where at any moment someone, probably himself, will strike a match.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics dream of a good life, or a great suicide note.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics always feel as though they were going way up or way down, which is odd in people going sideways.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic usually obeys his own Golden Rule:  Hate thy neighbor as thyself.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Being neurotic is like shooting fish in a barrel, and missing them.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotic:  someone who can go from the bottom to the top, and back again, without ever once touching the middle.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics are sure that no one understands them, and they wouldn't have it any other way.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The way the neurotic sees it:  bars on his door mean that he's locked in; bars on your door mean that he's locked out.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic keeps minute track of his enemies; it is only his friends he is careless about.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic always wishes people would let him alone - until they do.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics make poor patriots; if you're ashamed of something as big as yourself, it's hard to be proud of something as small as your country.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

A doctor recently described to me "benign positional vertigo": it means you get dizzy in certain positions, but you can get over it without necessarily changing the position.  Change "vertigo" to "anxiety," and you've summed up the neurotic's plight.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics are always looking for something new to overdo.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Of all second-class citizens, neurotics are the only ones who are so by choice.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics are anxiety prone, accident prone, and often just prone.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic believes that life has meaning, but that his life hasn't.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

The neurotic lies awake at night, composing letters to those he hates.  He seldom thinks of dropping a line to those he loves.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics think of the past with resentment, and the future with dread; the present just doesn't exist.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Neurotics expect you to remember all the things that they tell you, and many that they don't.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

A mistake which is commonly made about neurotics is to suppose that they are interesting.  It is not interesting to be always unhappy, engrossed with oneself, malignant and ungrateful, and never quite in touch with reality.  ~Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet Grave

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #1127 - December 17, 2011, 03:57 AM

"Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins." - Christopher Hitchens

"People are frightened of death, and the central lie of all religion is that there’s a cure for this and an exception we’ve made in your own case: an eternal life offered if you make the right propitiations and the right abjections. Well, I’m sorry. I think that it's the height of immorality to lie to people like that. That’s why [religion] survives." - Christopher Hitchens

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1128 - December 17, 2011, 04:07 AM

"If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in a quite different world." - Christopher Hitchens

"Religion is man-made. Even the men who made it cannot agree on what their prophets or redeemers or gurus actually said or did." - Christopher Hitchens

"Jesus, it is true, shows no personal interest in gain, but he does speak of treasure in heaven and even of "mansions" as an inducement to follow him. Is it not further true that all religions down the ages have shown a keen interest in the amassment of material goods in the real world?" - Christopher Hitchens

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1129 - December 17, 2011, 10:22 PM

“If you allow timidity to guide your play then you will never achieve victory… All you will find are new ghosts to fear. Too often you allow the fear of that which your opponent has not even considered to keep you from greatness.”

— Graham McNeill.
     Reply #1130 - December 17, 2011, 11:55 PM

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #1131 - December 22, 2011, 07:51 PM

Dyslexics are teople poo.

Reply #1132 - December 22, 2011, 07:55 PM

If you gave him an enema you could bury him in a matchbox

~ Christopher Hitchens on Jerry Falwell

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #1133 - December 22, 2011, 08:09 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Reply #1134 - December 29, 2011, 05:42 PM

Janeane Garofalo: Can I ask what your feelings are about God?

Eddie Vedder: Sure. I think it's like a movie that was way too popular. It's a story that's been told too many times and just doesn't mean anything. Man lived on the planet -- [placing his fingers an inch apart], this is 5000 years of semi-recorded history. And God and the Bible, that came in somewhere around the middle, maybe 2000. This is the last 2000, this is what we're about to celebrate [indicating about an 1/8th of an inch with his fingers].

Now, humans, in some shape or form, have been on the earth for three million years [pointing across the room to indicate the distance]. So, all this time, from there [gesturing toward the other side of the room], to here [indicating the 1/8th of an inch], there was no God, there was no story, there was no myth and people lived on this planet and they wandered and they gathered and they did all these things. The planet was never threatened. How did they survive for all this time without this belief in God? I'd like to ask this to someone who knows about Christianity and maybe you do. That just seems funny to me.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #1135 - December 31, 2011, 06:36 PM

Christians must have penis envy.  And by penis, I mean Islam.

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #1136 - January 04, 2012, 02:45 AM

"As regard the origin of God, my thought is that man created God in his imagination when he realized his weaknesses, limitations and shortcomings. In this way he got the courage to face all the trying circumstances and to meet all dangers that might occur in his life and also to restrain his outbursts in prosperity and affluence. God, with his whimsical laws and parental generosity was painted with variegated colours of imagination. He was used as a deterrent factor when his fury and his laws were repeatedly propagated so that man might not become a danger to society. He was the cry of the distressed soul for he was believed to stand as father and mother, sister and brother, brother and friend when in time of distress a man was left alone and helpless. He was Almighty and could do anything. The idea of God is helpful to a man in distress."

Bhagat Singh, Indian nationalist and Marxist

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #1137 - January 21, 2012, 10:08 PM

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

I don't know where this is from, but it speaks to me on so many levels. I was considering getting it tattooed somewhere..

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
     Reply #1138 - January 21, 2012, 10:24 PM

From the writer Anais Nin.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1139 - January 21, 2012, 10:31 PM

Thank you Smiley

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
  • Previous page 1 ... 36 37 3839 40 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »