Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello! first post

(Read 8441 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello! first post
     OP - August 23, 2009, 06:47 AM

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself and get to know each other. I'm a 18 year old male, currently residing in the U.S. with my single mother and sister. I am originally from Jordan, and was brought up by a moderate Muslim family. During the first few months of living abroad, I began to slowly divert my attention away from Islam, and focus on learning a new a language, getting accustomed to the new lifestyle, and understand a foreign culture. During those few months I had no friends, or close relatives living in the same state as me, resulting in a lonely childhood (age 11). The loneliness showed me the true face of Islam, an event that will remain in my memory for life. The first Eid celebrated with my small family in the U.S. was somewhat the reason for leaving Islam. I remember going to Salat El-Eid and leaving my mother and sister to pray with all the other men. I was not welcomed in any way, shape, or form by anyone, both young and old alike. That day showed how Muslims are supposed to be taking care of their fellow "brothers". The first Eid actually was the reason for researching Islam, and getting to know my lovely religion. I finally, at the age of 17 decided to denounce my religion(privately). I am currently an Atheist dance.
  • Re: Hello! first post
     Reply #1 - August 23, 2009, 07:26 AM

Hi ZBS. Welcome to the forum. I suppose you're grumpy about the fasting at the moment too.  grin12 It seems to be a common theme at the moment.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - August 23, 2009, 07:26 AM

Welcome to the Atheist's Heaven for Ex-Muslims.

You are not alone. Remember..... You don't have to belong to a religion to feel in a family.

Reply #3 - August 23, 2009, 07:38 AM

Hi ZBS. Welcome to the forum. I suppose you're grumpy about the fasting at the moment too.  grin12 It seems to be a common theme at the moment.

My family doesn't really care about me fasting  dance. The bigger issue is being criticized by my Muslim friends at college for not fasting, another reason for leaving Islam.
     Reply #4 - August 23, 2009, 07:39 AM

Welcome to the Atheist's Heaven for Ex-Muslims.

You are not alone. Remember..... You don't have to belong to a religion to feel in a family.

thnkyu
     Reply #5 - August 23, 2009, 07:43 AM

My family doesn't really care about me fasting  dance. The bigger issue is being criticized by my Muslim friends at college for not fasting, another reason for leaving Islam.

Hamburgers FTW.  bunny

Reply #6 - August 23, 2009, 07:52 AM

Welcome man...keep the faith in Atheism... Wink

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #7 - August 23, 2009, 07:53 AM

Hamburgers FTW.  bunny

I will make sure that I "accidentally" invite my Muslim friends to a juicy burger this Ramadan.  Wink
     Reply #8 - August 23, 2009, 07:55 AM

I will never go back!  Afro
     Reply #9 - August 23, 2009, 08:18 AM

If they just mind their damned own business! finmad

Here read this thread which I started a couple of days ago about how mad I am with the religious show-offs an preachers!

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=6342.msg161195#msg161195

Reply #10 - August 23, 2009, 08:27 AM

If they just mind their damned own business! finmad

Here read this thread which I started a couple of days ago about how mad I am with the religious show-offs an preachers!

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=6342.msg161195#msg161195

I read the entire thread before joining. I actually remember a discussion between my Muslim classmates back in high school on how "Islam is the fastest growing religion". They attempted to convert the teacher, who by the way was a hardcore Catholic. lol
     Reply #11 - August 23, 2009, 09:01 AM

Converting a hardcore Catholic? Cheesy You'd have more chance of converting a brick.

Reply #12 - August 23, 2009, 09:29 AM

Converting a hardcore Catholic? Cheesy You'd have more chance of converting a brick.

So true! lol
     Reply #13 - August 23, 2009, 12:31 PM

Welcome to the forums! Smiley

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #14 - August 23, 2009, 12:38 PM

Welcome to the forum ZBZ.
     Reply #15 - August 23, 2009, 01:57 PM

Welcome to our virtual community

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - August 23, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself and get to know each other. I'm a 18 year old male, currently residing in the U.S. with my single mother and sister. I am originally from Jordan, and was brought up by a moderate Muslim family. During the first few months of living abroad, I began to slowly divert my attention away from Islam, and focus on learning a new a language, getting accustomed to the new lifestyle, and understand a foreign culture. During those few months I had no friends, or close relatives living in the same state as me, resulting in a lonely childhood (age 11). The loneliness showed me the true face of Islam, an event that will remain in my memory for life. The first Eid celebrated with my small family in the U.S. was somewhat the reason for leaving Islam. I remember going to Salat El-Eid and leaving my mother and sister to pray with all the other men. I was not welcomed in any way, shape, or form by anyone, both young and old alike. That day showed how Muslims are supposed to be taking care of their fellow "brothers". The first Eid actually was the reason for researching Islam, and getting to know my lovely religion. I finally, at the age of 17 decided to denounce my religion(privately). I am currently an Atheist dance.

Allah says: " Let there be no compulsion in religion..... " It's your life and it's your choice.... Wink Btw, you're still young.

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
     Reply #17 - August 23, 2009, 07:55 PM

Welcome ZBS. Glad you found us.  yes

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #18 - August 23, 2009, 08:00 PM

Welcome brother and enjoy.

Is it me or are we starting to attract more Arabs these days.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #19 - August 23, 2009, 08:04 PM

..and Pakistanis.  Few from the UK recently, come on you Brits.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - August 23, 2009, 09:42 PM

Thx everyone!

Welcome brother and enjoy.

Is it me or are we starting to attract more Arabs these days.

Many Arabs are willing to leave Islam if encouraged. I know a few people that question the religion, but they are somewhat reluctant to have a discussion with other Muslims, or maybe they are too scared that they will find out the truth about Islam. Its the guilt factor.
     Reply #21 - August 23, 2009, 09:44 PM

..and Pakistanis.  Few from the UK recently, come on you Brits.

No Africans on board?

Reply #22 - August 23, 2009, 09:50 PM

Farid and myself are North African. Hassan too, but he is half British! dance

Reply #23 - August 23, 2009, 09:58 PM

Farid and myself are North African. Hassan too, but he is half British! dance

Woo!  bunny

Reply #24 - August 23, 2009, 10:01 PM

No Indian ex-muslims either - even thought it has the second largest population of Muslims in the world!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - August 23, 2009, 10:07 PM

I'm lonely as the only ethnically Caucasian (as in from the Caucasus) ex-Muslim here. Although as part Balkan (small part), Goldie joins me.

Arise ye my Caucasian brothers, oh ye who are Chechen, Dagestani, Kazakh, Tajik, Tatar, Gaugaz, Cossack, Armenian and Georgian, Adygei, Gorani, Pontic Greeks and Pontic Turks, Kurds, Azeris, Turkmen, Russian, Albanian, Bosniak and all other type of Caucasian and Balkan ex-Muslims!

Join us on the COEM forum!

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #26 - August 23, 2009, 10:40 PM

I have Turkish Muslim ancestor.  grin12  Mind you it was quite a while back.

Reply #27 - August 23, 2009, 10:52 PM

I will submit your name and details to the Caucasian Cool Club for consideration. It will depend of course on the exact whereabouts of this ancestor in Turkey, as we don't consider all of the Turkish people Caucasian, but, we do admit some. We are a very exclusive club, despite the fact that we admit members of over 40 remotely Caucasian ethnicities.

You will recieve your results as well as an invoice for $600 standard members fee in 2-9923 weeks.

Please stand by.

Anyway, we need to attract Muslim diversity. Islam is in resurgence in the Caucasus and the Chechens are really biting the bullet. Islam is also back among Bosniaks and Albanians. Uh oh. We have been down this Balkan Muslim route before.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #28 - August 24, 2009, 02:11 AM

I will never go back!  Afro

welcome zbs. just keep it in moderation. even too much atheism can lead to radicalism.
     Reply #29 - August 24, 2009, 05:50 AM

I have Turkish Muslim ancestor.  grin12  Mind you it was quite a while back.

Aha.... So you are an ex-Muslm after all!!!! LOL

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »