Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Facebook groups?

(Read 9907 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Facebook groups?
     OP - August 22, 2009, 11:59 PM

Hi i'm wondering if a there's a fb group for former muslims (not the anti-islam ones that are full of rednecks who are no better)

I searched apostates of islam and just came up with hate groups, but hate groups that reject islam but are pro-other religions... so yeah ahah not quite it

Closets after closets
  • Re: Facebook groups?
     Reply #1 - August 23, 2009, 12:03 AM

Here are a few that are pretty active:

ATHEISM VS. ISLAM... (DEBATE)
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=189980370429

No Sharia Law, Period!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=89429250172

Is Islam compatible with science and modern moralities?
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=96897708387

Ex-Muslims
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=30132192910

The Resistance
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121494405656

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - August 23, 2009, 12:27 AM

Thanks! this place is like a sanctuary compared to those groups, ekk!

Closets after closets
     Reply #3 - August 23, 2009, 03:14 AM

Thanks! this place is like a sanctuary compared to those groups, ekk!

LoL! xD That's exactly what I noticed too... xD
    Wonder why... =/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExMuslims
    Council of Ex-Muslims of the Netherlands will be back!

Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change te world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
     Reply #4 - August 23, 2009, 06:07 PM

'cause they're all trying to prove how THEIR religion is real, and islam is not, but none of them will come out and say they're all full of mistakes and not real

Closets after closets
     Reply #5 - November 01, 2009, 03:38 PM

This is a lovelyfacebook group to join - you get see the hadith of the day by joining!

Ive joined and posted my favourite hadith on their wall for posterity

http://www.facebook.com/HadithoftheDay?ref=mf&v=wall

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - November 01, 2009, 03:45 PM

This is a lovelyfacebook group to join - you get see the hadith of the day by joining!

Ive joined and posted my favourite hadith on their wall for posterity

http://www.facebook.com/HadithoftheDay?ref=mf&v=wall

They Let u post even tho u are not a muslim?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #7 - November 01, 2009, 04:00 PM

They can't really stop him.  IsLame, why don't you post that hadith about a stone running away with Moses' clothes, that's the funniest hadith ever.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - November 01, 2009, 04:02 PM

Or moses kicking the crap out of "death angel" ! nothing can beat that , i couldnot stop laughing for a whole hour , then later on i cried that i believed in that shit ..  wacko

Reply #9 - November 01, 2009, 04:03 PM

OK, tomorrows special hadith  Wink

Watch this space

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - November 01, 2009, 04:06 PM

Or moses kicking the crap out of "death angel" ! nothing can beat that , i couldnot stop laughing for a whole hour , then later on i cried that i believed in that shit ..  wacko

Huh?
    Never seen it - can you point me in the right direction, I'd like to add it to my collection if its 'up to the mark'
    BTW there is stiff competition so it better be good

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - November 01, 2009, 04:12 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
    The Angel of Death was sent to Moses when he came to Moses, Moses slapped him on the eye. The angel returned to his Lord and said, "You have sent me to a Slave who does not want to die." Allah said, "Return to him and tell him to put his hand on the back of an ox and for every hair that will come under it, he will be granted one year of life." Moses said, "O Lord! What will happen after that?" Allah replied, "Then death." Moses said, "Let it come now." Moses then requested Allah to let him die close to the Sacred Land so much so that he would be at a distance of a stone's throw from it." Abu Huraira added, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If I were there, I would show you his grave below the red sand hill on the side of the road."

Reply #12 - November 01, 2009, 04:16 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
     The angel of death was sent to Moses and when he went to him, Moses slapped him severely, spoiling one of his eyes. The angel went back to his Lord, and said, "You sent me to a slave who does not want to die." Allah restored his eye and said, "Go back and tell him (i.e. Moses) to place his hand over the back of an ox, for he will be allowed to live for a number of years equal to the number of hairs coming under his hand." (So the angel came to him and told him the same). Then Moses asked, "O my Lord! What will be then?" He said, "Death will be then." He said, "(Let it be) now." He asked Allah that He bring him near the Sacred Land at a distance of a stone's throw. Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Were I there I would show you the grave of Moses by the way near the red sand hill."

Reply #13 - November 03, 2009, 10:28 AM

Thanks, but it looks like they may be deleting official hadith?  I didnt even put up any negative commentary  :finmad:Can anyone confirm if the initial link showed the farting hadith?  

In any case Cheetah favourite hadith is now on their wall, I'll keep an eye to see what happens to it..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/HadithoftheDay?v=wall&ref=nf

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - November 03, 2009, 12:29 PM

OMG!  mysmilie_977

I never expected this result.  People are actually liking my farting & Moses beating up a stone Sahih hadith, and giving them a thumbs up.

Thats backfired - what more can I do to these stupid people?

OK - the hour has now arrived - dastardly measures for dastardly times.

Yep, you guessed it - its time for  ................................ the urinating ear hadith
    if that dont work - nothing will...

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - November 03, 2009, 01:23 PM

OMG!  mysmilie_977

I never expected this result.  People are actually liking my farting & Moses beating up a stone Sahih hadith, and giving them a thumbs up.

Thats backfired - what more can I do to these stupid people?

OK - the hour has now arrived - dastardly measures for dastardly times.

Yep, you guessed it - its time for  ................................ the urinating ear hadith
    if that dont work - nothing will...

I knew about that hadeeth as a muslim and i wasnot bothered much , i just got upset  that i dont wake up for fajr prayers ..

Reply #16 - November 03, 2009, 01:43 PM

I knew about that hadeeth as a muslim and i wasnot bothered much , i just got upset  that i dont wake up for fajr prayers ..

Was that because you kept waking up with warm & soggy ears?  Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - November 03, 2009, 02:02 PM

Was that because you kept waking up with warm & soggy ears?  Cheesy

lol i never gave t much thought of how ridiculous it is untill now.. maybe on some level i thought it was all metaphoric..
    look at that hadeeth , maybe u can post that
    Muslim:
    Chapter : The desirability of killing a Gecko (House Lizard). Umm Sharik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded her to kill geckos. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn Abi Shaiba with a slight variation of wording. 

Chapter : The desirability of killing a Gecko (House Lizard). 'Amir b. Sa'd reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) commanded the killing of geckos, and he called them little noxious creatures. 

And maybe someone can make a fake FB account, join that hadeeth forum and point out how lame these hadeeths are, could open some eyes..

Reply #18 - November 03, 2009, 02:14 PM

And maybe someone can make a fake FB account, join that hadeeth forum and point out how lame these hadeeths are, could open some eyes..

Good idea - why dont you?

Chapter : The desirability of killing a Gecko (House Lizard). Umm Sharik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded her to kill geckos. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn Abi Shaiba with a slight variation of wording.

Yep, I think you're right - Ive already got the gecko ones saved under hadith on my blog in my signature - here' the excerpt:

Muslim, Book 026, Number 5562:  on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) commanded the killing of geckos, and he called them little noxious creatures.

Muslim Book 026, Number 5564: reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who killed a gecko with the first stroke for him is such and such a reward, and he who killed it with a second stroke for him is such and such reward less than the first one, and he who killed it with the third stroke for him is such and such a reward less than the second one.

Its a game called Slash the Gecko - the rules are as set out above by the apostle, you have to try to do it in as few strikes as possible.  

Its a bit like Bash the Mole at the arcades but using a semicircuar sword instead of a mallet, and you have to say Bismillah everytime you Qurbani the innocent geckos throat.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - November 03, 2009, 05:46 PM

Poor lil noxious creature!!
    i might give it a try to make a fake account on FB , will sure tell u if i did ..

Reply #20 - November 03, 2009, 05:52 PM

Poor lil noxious creature!!

Ive modified my earlier post to put up a photo of one for you (before Mad Mo got to it)
    i might give it a try to make a fake account on FB , will sure tell u if i did ..

Be sure to send us the link  Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - November 03, 2009, 09:14 PM

It get worse, when I thought it could only get better.

Ibn Hisham. Al-Sira al-Nabawiyya: Kinana al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of Banu Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "A Jew was brought"), to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin... early every morning. When the apostle said to Kinana, "Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?" He said "Yes".

The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, "Torture him until you extract what he has." So he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000355094588&v=app_2309869772&ref=mf#/HadithoftheDay

I have just has a thumbs up to this hadith by this bloke http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000355094588&v=app_2309869772&ref=mf#/hamdun.alrajaby - tbh is this what the new generation of Islamic thugs will look like?  Wearing a towpee underneath their hoodies?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #22 - November 03, 2009, 09:17 PM

It's not specifically for ex-Muslims, but AANR (Atheist, Agnostic, and Non-Religious) is a pretty good group. Not as good as it used to be, but I still <3 the place. (I've been an active member for about 3 years, though, so I'm a little biased.  Tongue ) Last I knew, it's the largest group of its kind on the internet. It's mostly got ex-Christians, but there are also a number of ex-Muslims and ex-Jews of the religious variety.

http://ycp.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204609276

"Laughter makes the bitter swallowing of truth, for some, a little easier."
    -Bill Hicks
     Reply #23 - November 04, 2009, 11:33 PM

It get worse, when I thought it could only get better.

I have just has a thumbs up to this hadith by this bloke http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000355094588&v=app_2309869772&ref=mf#/hamdun.alrajaby - tbh is this what the new generation of Islamic thugs will look like?  Wearing a towpee underneath their hoodies?

Seems like this guy is after u  wacko
    http://www.facebook.com/HadithoftheDay#/profile.php?id=738872405
    u shud have made all ur infos pvt , then only friends could know anything about u ..

Reply #24 - November 04, 2009, 11:41 PM

Nah - I dont mind,  when they check my profile they can see COEM emblazoned on it.  You never know, I few may even turn up here and we can do dawa on them  Wink  Worst come worst, at least we can start a dialogue which is better than nothing..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - November 04, 2009, 11:44 PM

Thats The Spirit!  yes

• Facebook groups?
     Reply #26 - February 09, 2013, 02:09 AM

the facebook page "i'm proud to be atheist " by Waleed Al-Husseini is asking people to submit photos of themselves with a sign that promotes atheism .. if anyone is interested..

i found this photo and thought it was powerful..

https://www.facebook.com/ImProudToBeAtheist
  • Facebook groups?
     Reply #27 - February 09, 2013, 02:16 AM

Mulhidah wa aftakhir! Love it!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »