Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Cant put ma pic up??

(Read 6571 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Cant put ma pic up??
     OP - May 05, 2009, 12:16 AM

I wanna put ma pic on an scare everybody buh i cant??? Why not?? Y do i av to post a link thingy? cant i just uplaod it??
  • Re: Cant put ma pic up??
     Reply #1 - May 05, 2009, 04:01 AM

No you can't. Why not? Because we are evil, that's why. evil
    Seriously, it's a security precaution. Link your av from photobucket or whatever. You've got a photobucket or imageshack account haven't you? If you haven't just link to the picture you want to use and I'll sort it for you.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - May 05, 2009, 05:13 AM

No you can't. Why not? Because we are evil, that's why. evil
    Seriously, it's a security precaution. Link your av from photobucket or whatever. You've got a photobucket or imageshack account haven't you? If you haven't just link to the picture you want to use and I'll sort it for you.

What im sayin is i dunno how to do it x lol
     Reply #3 - May 05, 2009, 05:17 AM

Where is the picture? Online or on your desktop?

Reply #4 - May 05, 2009, 05:19 AM

Where is the picture? Online or on your desktop?

Desktop Huh?
     Reply #5 - May 05, 2009, 05:22 AM

Get yourself a photobucket account. That way you can have your own album with as many of your pics online as you want. http://photobucket.com/login

Just sign up and you can upload anything you like, as long as it isn't too naughty. It's easy.

Reply #6 - May 05, 2009, 05:29 AM

Get yourself a photobucket account. That way you can have your own album with as many of your pics online as you want. http://photobucket.com/login

Just sign up and you can upload anything you like, as long as it isn't too naughty. It's easy.

Ok i just done the foto bucket thingy, if i pm u ma login will u do it for me plz xxx
     Reply #7 - May 05, 2009, 05:32 AM

Do what? The avatar? You don't need to give me the login.

Go into your Profile and select Forum Profile over at the left. You'll see an option to link to an external image. Put the photobucket link for the image into the box and save. It should work.

Reply #8 - May 05, 2009, 05:35 AM

Do what? The avatar? You don't need to give me the login. Just post a link here to the image you want to use.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i did it!!! I feel clever now lol xxx Thanks x
     Reply #9 - May 05, 2009, 05:36 AM

Told ya it was easy. Grin

Reply #10 - May 18, 2009, 01:59 PM

Can we have bigger avatars?
     Reply #11 - May 18, 2009, 10:44 PM

No. Bigger avs means slower page loads, more bandwidth consumption and more pointless scrolling in threads that have a lot of short replies. They also chew more width on narrower screens which again leads to more scrolling. 125x150 is a perfectly good compromise and is quite big enough for all but the most manic egotists.

Reply #12 - May 18, 2009, 10:56 PM

Can we have bigger avatars?

Cheesy

Oliver Twist comes to mind :p

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #13 - May 18, 2009, 11:07 PM

No. Bigger avs means slower page loads, more bandwidth consumption and more pointless scrolling in threads that have a lot of short replies. They also chew more width on narrower screens which again leads to more scrolling. 125x150 is a perfectly good compromise and is quite big enough for all but the most manic egotists.

Well I think 150x150 would look better.
     Reply #14 - May 18, 2009, 11:24 PM

Well too bad. You can have 125x125 if you want a square av. You can even have 60x60 if you want. You have many options. Wink

Reply #15 - May 19, 2009, 12:06 AM

Well too bad. You can have 125x125 if you want a square av. You can even have 60x60 if you want. You have many options. Wink

It lowers the colours anything below 150 in either dimension.
     Reply #16 - May 19, 2009, 12:12 AM

My heart is bleeding for you. Truly. Words cannot express the boundless sympathy and regret that I currently feel.

Reply #17 - May 19, 2009, 12:22 AM

My heart is bleeding for you. Truly. Words cannot express the boundless sympathy and regret that I currently feel.

It seems like there is only me and you on this forum, it would be better if you were a girl... Actually, sign up with another user-name and pretend to me a girl, it will be close enough...
     Reply #18 - May 19, 2009, 08:33 AM

125x150 is a perfectly good compromise and is quite big enough for all but the most manic egotists.

Ere, wot you tryin to say jimmy?  Cheesy

I've given up, I get to use big avs elsewhere, on here I have learnt to put up with these mini meters.  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #19 - May 19, 2009, 08:36 AM

Ed Zachary. Tongue

I like avs, but of a reasonable size. I really don't like bigs avs coz they're a total pain. They're ok if you have a 1440 monitor and a fast connection but for anyone else they're a bugger.

Reply #20 - May 19, 2009, 08:40 AM

Ed Zachary. Tongue

I like avs, but of a reasonable size. I really don't like bigs avs coz they're a total pain. They're ok if you have a 1440 monitor and a fast connection but for anyone else they're a bugger.

These people better hurry up and move with the times, they are cramping my style. 001_tongue

Reply #21 - May 19, 2009, 08:42 AM

Oh and the reason why Tut is bitching about losing colour on his av is because the silly bugger is using a massively oversized gif with low image quality, so when the js resizes it here it loses some stuff. Now if he'd resize it himself with a decent gfx program and save it as jpg or png it'd be all good.

Reply #22 - May 19, 2009, 08:43 AM

Tis not even a nice av either tut, poor guy looks like he has missed one too many pot noodle sessions in his life.  whistling2

Reply #23 - August 23, 2009, 06:29 AM

Mostly the Url link option will be less in many forums.The browse option is very easy.

Because just for uploading a pic,we have to share a pic in a site and get that URL and paste here... that seems little different....In that case,i cant use any picture.Anyway....

I wonder for ? reason there is no option to upload a picture directly.......
     Reply #24 - August 23, 2009, 07:18 AM

Yes there is a reason: security. If you look around the internet enough you'll see that over the past few years there have been quite a few nasty hacks that relied on people being able to upload files directly to the server they wanted to hack. There was a famous one for the 1.1.8 version of the software we run, called the Krisbarteo hack, and that was only a few months ago. The only reason we weren't clobbered with that is because I don't allow anyone I don't know well to upload to our server. This hack, and several others like it, was done using images that had php scripts hidden in them. Since images are transferred as code anyway you can add extra code to them if you go about it the right way.,The results are rather messy for the people on the receiving end.

Reply #25 - August 23, 2009, 07:35 AM

using images that had php scripts hidden in them. Since images are transferred as code anyway you can add extra code to them if you go about it the right way.,The results are rather messy for the people on the receiving end.

Dear Os, this is new info to me.... I never thought that images may have a risk embedded in them. I used to tell people it is OK to download images from emails because I thought it can not contain viruses. I only thought that exe, doc, php, txt extensions are a hazardous files!

Many thanks for the info! I will be careful with my email from now on and would not download images from people I don't know!!

Reply #26 - August 23, 2009, 07:38 AM

Oh yeah, you can do this alright.  Wink  I have a stash of examples on my desktop. One of the devs made some for testing while we were figuring out the response to that hack I mentioned. Internet Explorer is particularly vulnerable to this being done with .bmp images, but most of the recent server hacks were done with a 1px by 1px gif.

ETA: The examples I have are .bmp, .gif, .jpg and .png and I have them with php hidden in them and with javascript hidden in them. You can do either or both with any image.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »