Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A Formal Introduction... well sort of

(Read 8231 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • A Formal Introduction... well sort of
     OP - August 21, 2009, 07:40 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Ali (not my real name, but I don't share my actual name anywhere online). I'm a ex-muslim, now agnostic. I am 19 pakistani boy, still living with my muslim family. Only my mom knows I do not partake in the familial beliefs. I'm just biding time till i get my degree and can get a job and move out and live life the way it should be lived.

I also like to add the only values I retained from islam, is well, not eating pork haha after living a life of not eating it, I don't see the point. Alcohol on the other hand  dance I also like to add, I'm somewhat bi-sexual, wayy more towards woman tho, so I use the term "mostly" straight. I'm all for woman, glbt, human rights and equality and even if people feel that homosexuality is wrong, they should learn to be tolerant even if it against their beliefs.

I also have a blog, it's under my profile listed under website. Please feel free to read.

I also like to add , I basically live in a very lame city in canada, and have literally no one else like me. They're all just the hypocrital muslims who drink, sleep around, yet pray front row on friday mosque prayers hahaha the shitheads types.... like seriously, I can understand pretending with parents, but your PEERS? who are you kidding, jeeez

Closets after closets
  • Re: A Formal Introduction... well sort of
     Reply #1 - August 21, 2009, 07:44 AM

I also like to add the only values I retained from islam, is well, not eating pork haha after living a life of not eating it, I don't see the point. Alcohol on the other hand

Yeah, I don't see the point of trying this anyway. I've had a lifetime of abstaining from it and don't feel the need to try it.
     Reply #2 - August 21, 2009, 07:53 AM

Welcome . Out of interest how did you come across this site?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - August 21, 2009, 07:56 AM

I basically search former muslims, then search apostates of islam and eventually was led here. What a relief, this is the first forum I've come across for a community of ex-muslims. Thank god, a community of TRUE peace hahaha

and personally I just find pork and most meat gross, and basically only eat chicken, beef, and well, seafood haha otherwise eww

Closets after closets
     Reply #4 - August 21, 2009, 07:58 AM

I don't think there are many other forums like this.
     Reply #5 - August 21, 2009, 08:10 AM

Yes, I cant believe this is the only ex-muslim forum of its kind in the entire galaxy (well if you exclude those which have a majority of Christian members!)

Thats a good thing, we are a benchmark and guinea pigs in a new project.  I wonder what this forum will be like in 10 years?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - August 21, 2009, 08:12 AM

Yeah, I don't see the point of trying this anyway. I've had a lifetime of abstaining from it and don't feel the need to try it.

The point is that it is tasty.   piggy

[this space for rent]
     Reply #7 - August 21, 2009, 08:15 AM

Sausages in hot dogs or in an english breakfast rule.  

If you are struggling to eat pig, then start of with quorn sausages and then slowly graduate onto its carnivorous substitute

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - August 21, 2009, 08:17 AM

Sausages in hot dogs or in an english breakfast rule.  If you are struggling to eat pig, then start of with quorn sausages and the slowly graduate onto its carnivorous substitute

I've tried the quorn sausages and similar stuff. Never really liked the taste. I really don't think I'm missing much to be honest.
     Reply #9 - August 21, 2009, 08:18 AM

Hi Ali,
    Welcome to the forum  Afro

I look forward to hearing more about your reasons for becoming an ex-m.

By the way, after many years of not eating pork, I was introduced to the bacon  piggy sannie (sandwich) - man they are delicious!!!

Anyway, I believe the point here is more to do with the freedom to choose and to not have arbitrary rules imposed!  Each to their own (as long as not imposed on others).
    Zia  
     Reply #10 - August 21, 2009, 08:20 AM

Yes, I cant believe this is the only ex-muslim forum of its kind in the entire galaxy (well if you exclude those which have a majority of Christian members!)

Thats a good thing, we are a benchmark and guinea pigs in a new project.  I wonder what this forum will be like in 10 years?

Hopefully more than half the world, IF THERE IS A GOD hahaha (which there maybe but who really knows? I don't), but I am extremely glad I found this outlet after rejecting islam 3 years ago

as for the sausages, just no. I only eat chicken breast and ground beef, but eventually I'm just going to stick with seafood or go completely vegetarian. However, like it was said above, each to their own. I'm just way turned off pigs, thanks to Islam haha oh wellz

BTW I have tasted pork before, by accident! and I did not like it, so yeah hahaha

I will post my reasons eventually. I have way too many reasons.

Closets after closets
     Reply #11 - August 21, 2009, 08:24 AM

just bullet point your reasons if there are too many - most of us probably know the details behind the points anyway..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - August 21, 2009, 08:33 AM

haha that is quite the relief. Most of my reasons are that are already said in the exmuslim blogsite I saw floating around here.

Some reasons:

• crazy scholars try to make EVERYTHING and anything enjoyable, whether it's films, music, movies, into a sin. It sickens me beyond belief to object art and creativity (though of course, unless it's promoting god or w/e)
    • Hypocrisy of today's muslims, that pick and choose(though this applies to every religion nowadays), that will drink, sleep around, gamble, and yet on the same level try to be about how homosexuality is a sin, yet what they do is perfectly acceptable in the quran  Roll Eyes
    • Pretty the oppression of free thought and itjihad(ironically doesn't exist anymore, considering these crazy scholars so quick to dismiss or threaten anyone who dare question them)
    • Lack of reform
    • I just don't believe there is actual proof to what god is or if he exists. However I'm not quick to dismiss the existence of a higher power or w/e, I just sometimes don't care. There is no way to prove it, and holy books full of hate, mistakes, etc are not the solution
    • Being a good person that gives to charities, helps others and fights for freedom and safety, yet if u don't pray five times a day or help non-muslims. you are hell bound? yeah, makes perfect sense NOT!!!!

Closets after closets
     Reply #13 - August 21, 2009, 08:35 AM

haha that is quite the relief. Most of my reasons are that are already said in the exmuslim blogsite I saw floating around here.

Which one? 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - August 21, 2009, 08:38 AM

The one in your signature actually! You speak the truth, I basically agree with every point (tbh I just read the titles and skimmed the paragraphs but the gist of it all were basically my reasons)

Closets after closets
     Reply #15 - August 21, 2009, 08:41 AM

Thanks - you got any ideas how I could improve it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - August 21, 2009, 12:45 PM

Welcome, AisaLagtaHAI - great to have you on board Smiley

What does your nick (AisaLagtaHAI) mean? I'm assuming it's Urdu?
     Reply #17 - August 21, 2009, 12:47 PM

It feels like this - URDU

Sorry to butt in there.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #18 - August 21, 2009, 01:27 PM

Erm... Where is everybody have you gone for jumma? dance
     Reply #19 - August 21, 2009, 03:34 PM

lol... I just came back from the shopping centre where I saw lots of Muslim families out and about in their Friday best having just come from Jum'a  grin12
     Reply #20 - August 21, 2009, 03:38 PM

Speaking of which, do you remember the last prayer you said? I think mine was a Zuhr prayer around Feb 2008.
     Reply #21 - August 21, 2009, 03:44 PM

Speaking of which, do you remember the last prayer you said? I think mine was a Zuhr prayer around Feb 2008.

Wow! Good question... Hmm... probably Jum'a at the Central Mosque in Manzil Way, Cowley, Oxford, sometime in late 2006... Or possibly at my brother's house when they were all praying together, I joined them a few times in 2006... I don't think I have prayed since the beginning of 2007 when I finally 'came out' - to myself as well as others! lol  grin12

Reply #22 - August 21, 2009, 03:58 PM

Wow! Good question... Hmm... probably Jum'a at the Central Mosque in Manzil Way, Cowley, Oxford, sometime in late 2006... Or possibly at my brother's house when they were all praying together, I joined them a few times in 2006... I don't think I have prayed since the beginning of 2007 when I finally 'came out' - to myself as well as others! lol  grin12

Did you try to fight off the doubts for a long time? I did.
     Reply #23 - August 21, 2009, 04:34 PM

Did you try to fight off the doubts for a long time? I did.

The longest time, mate. I went through the motions - praying and fasting and nodding to pious statements... hoping that my faith would return... that I would have an epiphany like al-Ghazali... and my Iman would return...

It didn't.
     Reply #24 - August 21, 2009, 05:01 PM

OH GODDDDDDDDDDD i have to go in an hour, my dad is trying to get all religious now that ramadan is soon ughhh ihave be stuck in that hellhole with hypocrites and crazy old people ahha oh well, i love laughing at how crazy and the bullshit that is spewed by people there. ughh, can't wait till i get a career and never have to go there ever again! the last time i went, THIS ASSHOLE BURPED IN MY FACE! like wtf ughhhhh

but yeah, my name is urdu and it's from a song I posted in the miscellaneous thread ahah

and my last prayer has yet to happen, well unless ur talking about my last REAL prayer where I didn't just go through the motions pretending, which was probably the last pRAYER AT Night, zur?, i forgot the name, was when i was 15 ughhhhhhhh but after that I simply just stopped

Closets after closets
     Reply #25 - August 21, 2009, 05:08 PM

The longest time, mate. I went through the motions - praying and fasting and nodding to pious statements... hoping that my faith would return... that I would have an epiphany like al-Ghazali... and my Iman would return...

It didn't.

+1
     Reply #26 - August 21, 2009, 05:42 PM

Welcome AisaLagtaHAI.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #27 - August 22, 2009, 12:16 AM

Welcome man.. Smiley

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #28 - August 22, 2009, 12:22 AM

Wot they said.  grin12

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #29 - August 22, 2009, 02:59 AM

welcome ali. pork basically tastes the same as any other meat, but if you don't eat it that's cool. there's no proof that eating pork chops in moderation can lead to early death or a reduced quality of life. if that were the case europeans would have been long extinct.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »