Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello everybody!

(Read 4033 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello everybody!
     OP - August 20, 2009, 07:49 PM

I have been lurking around this forum for over a year now but never posted anything. I would like to participate sometimes though so I guess the right thing to do is to introduce myself first. I am a secular humanist from broadly speaking left-liberal background and have been an atheist/agnostic since my teens. My interest in Islam started when a couple of years ago I discovered Zia Sardar (What Do Muslims Believe?, Desperately Seeking Paradise), Merryl Wyn Davies and Hamza Yusuf. For a while I saw Islam as having a rational core that is essentially let down by the poor practice of lots of its adherents and since I do have a few Muslim friends and work colleagues I debated these issues with them. Suffice to say that I was disappointed by what I found out especially because a certain person who I still regard as a close friend turned out to be pretty narrow minded in some aspects. I realized that there isn?t much for me in Islam and that it sadly more then not acts as a divisive force. As far as this forum is concerned I learned a lot from the input ex-Muslims and others have provided and what I especially like here is the quality of the debate and lack of bigots. Keep up the good work! 13
  • Re: Hello everybody!
     Reply #1 - August 20, 2009, 07:53 PM

Welcome Kenan! Glad that you joined up and am looking forward to your posts.  Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - August 20, 2009, 08:00 PM

Glad you like it here Kenan. Hope you enjoy your stay Smiley
     Reply #3 - August 20, 2009, 08:23 PM

Welcome. Glad you found something of value and wish to participate  dance.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #4 - August 20, 2009, 08:26 PM

Welcome Kenan.  Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - August 20, 2009, 08:29 PM

Welcome - you've been here longer than me then!  Were you're parents Muslim - what do they think of Islam?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - August 20, 2009, 09:06 PM

Thanks for a warm welcome!
    Welcome - you've been here longer than me then!  Were you're parents Muslim - what do they think of Islam?

My mum is a sort of a deist and my dad is an atheist, both are from loosely speaking (in a cultural sense) catholic/protestant background. They are very tolerant of Islam though, most Muslims they know are "cultural" Muslim who have a soft spot for certain (positive) traditions  but aren`t really religious.
     Reply #7 - August 20, 2009, 09:16 PM

most Muslims they know are "cultural" Muslim who have a soft spot for certain (positive) traditions  but aren`t really religious.

Ah. Normal humans then. Don't tell JihadChat or they'll have a heart attack.  Cheesy

Welcome to the forum.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - August 20, 2009, 09:29 PM

Welcome Kenan Smiley
     Reply #9 - August 20, 2009, 09:41 PM

Welcome Kenan.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #10 - August 20, 2009, 10:14 PM

Hi Kenan! It sounds like we come from a similar background religiously speaking. Look forward to your posts  Smiley

"when you've got thousands of hadith/sunnah and a book like the Qur'an where abrogation is propagated by some; anyone with a grudge and some time on their hands can find something to confirm what ever they wish"- Kaiwai
     Reply #11 - August 20, 2009, 10:31 PM

Welcome to the forum Kenan. Hope to hear more from you. Afro
     Reply #12 - August 21, 2009, 02:13 PM

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »