Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Benefits of Fasting? Proof Please.

(Read 2698 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Benefits of Fasting? Proof Please.
     OP - August 14, 2009, 11:51 PM

Hey guys!

I asked this youtube muslim, SaracenArrow, if he had proof for the claims he was making on youtube:

---Some Health Benefits of Fasting---

Purification
    More energy
    Rejuvenation
    Better sleep
    Revitalization
    More relaxation
    Rest for digestive organs
    Better attitude
    Clearer skin
    More clarity, mentally
    Antiaging effects
    Improved senses
    Reduction of allergies
    Weight loss
    Drug detoxification
    Change of habits
    Better resistance to disease
    Diet changes
    Spiritual awareness

I thought that he either made them up on the spot or was using other islamic sources. I asked him for proof and he told me to google it. I got results ranging from the New Age garbage to islamic sites that just said stuff without using any actualy scientific research. I point this out to Mr. SaracenArrow (assuming hes male) he says,

sure you are free to believe whatever you like and i respect your right to an opinion however ridiculous it may be. but i wont go into the trouble of looking up evidence for you when i have told you how to. so save me some trouble and do them yourself. regards.

I said stuff on his youtube profile page that he promptly deleted. All I said was, gimme proof because I can't find any ACTUAL OBJECTIVE research that conclusively points to fasting as either
    1. The only way to get these benefits OR
    2. The best way to get these benefits OR
    3. THe easiest way to get these benefits.

If there isnt any proof, stop making these claims because you are not a doctor and you are spreading misinformation!

He deleted what I said
    this is how he replies:

SaracenArrow (12 hours ago)
    you sound a bit nervous because i know that you know that i can show you proof any time and embarass you right now after all that rhetoric of yours Smiley but why would i want to waste my time on someone who left truth for falsehood? i can only imagine the low intellect of such a person. who dont you go play your nintendo and stop annoying your ex-brothers? Regards.

By the way, I'm Syychro on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/Syychro
    and this is what I wrote to him a second ago,

Syychro  (1 second ago)
    Do my comments really hurt that much that you have to delete them? I've asked you for objective scientific proof for your claims. If it exists bring it forward. If it doesnt, then stop spewing propaganda that could cause harm. I've noticed that in arguments with muslims, you guys always resort to personal attacks. Lets keep it civil, ok?

Do you guys think I'm justified or is he right. Its been almost two days and he keeps saying theres proof and doesnt present it.  thnkyu

Maliki yawm ul LULZ
  • Re: Benefits of Fasting? Proof Please.
     Reply #1 - August 15, 2009, 02:25 AM

They all are full of BS!

Reply #2 - August 15, 2009, 02:30 AM

This is another thing on the list of grievances against religious people (mainly Muslims and Jews but others are included as well-because Muslims and Jews have a lot of pointless rituals). Why do all these ritual practicing people always try and associate an earthly benefit with these rituals? Most of them are stone-age nonsense anyway so it doesn't matter and there wouldn't be any benefits anyway. It's all to please God, not because Islam or Judaism or Christianity or anything else is a perfect lifestyle.

Isn't heaven a good enough reward? Do they have to talk absolute bullshit about a twig being a better toothbrush than something that was invented by hygenists and dentists, or honey curing all diseases, or pig being a very dirty animal? Why can't they accept their lot and just do it for the non existent heavenly reward? They choose these rituals after all, it's nobodies fault but their own that these rituals usually make no sense and have zero benefit.

Rant over.

Anyway, the guy is full of crap, the list is copy and pasted from 100 Islamic websites and he couldn't give you proof for any of them. The best you can hope for is vague pseudo scientific articles from some Muslim "scientist" who convieniently supports all of these Quranic conclusions.

Those kind of people don't deserve to be scientists.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #3 - August 15, 2009, 02:47 AM

The best thin for the body that is scientifically proven is in fact the opposite of fasting.

And that is: eat 5 to 7 small portion meals per day and drink lots of water the last one should be 2 hours before bed...

Although it is also tough to follow, given the long work hours and many other factors.. I end up having 2 very big portion meals the last one usually few minutes before sleep... Exactly like in Ramadan!! Yum Yum

google for references!

Reply #4 - August 15, 2009, 04:29 AM

Any person who is into fitness will tell you that fasting is the best way for a shitty body:
    First of all, your metabolism will slow down. To save energy.
    Second, your body will use your muscles as preferred source of energy instead of fat because muscles use energy even at rest, so the less you have the longer you can resist without food.

So your body prepares for starvation like that. And as soon as you give it back food, it will try to store as much of it into fat, to prepare for the next cycle of starvation Grin

Result: smaller flaccid muscles and more body fat

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #5 - August 15, 2009, 04:34 AM

Fasting should be banned.

Ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban .....

Ban Islam from ban and ban fasting ban ban.

Go ban ban!

We keep hearing about how Jack Straw or the French government have mentioned the veil and our doing so puts us in the same boat as them. How so? I want a ban on the burka, neqab and child veiling.

you can either defend women or you must defend Islam. You can’t defend both

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #6 - August 15, 2009, 03:54 PM

So I just wrote this, lets see his reply. Wonder If he'll delete this too.

I've googled "Benefits of Fasting" and none of the articles cite any research. The only reputable site, WebMD, says this, "There is no scientific evidence it will detox the body. The issue of fasting to cleanse the body has no biological basis because the body is real good at that by itself."
    Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Maliki yawm ul LULZ
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »