Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My introduction

(Read 4262 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My introduction
     OP - August 13, 2009, 08:28 PM

Hello

I should have done this a while ago, but I did put it off  Cheesy. Secondly, I want to congratulate all the apostates and tell that they have my support! It must be incredibly difficult to leave islam with friends and family pressure. I consider apostates from islam incredible and amazing people, because they managed to eliminate the islamic brainwashing, survive the peer-pressure and live constantly with death threats.

A bit about me; I'm an atheist living in the UK , but originally from (sadly) Brazil. I never had a connection with Brazil, because I was always traveling because of my Father's job, so most of my lifetime has been living outside of Brazil.

I don't like Brazil because it lacks religious freedom, at least for us atheists, and the constant corruption and censorship in media and internet, without counting the violence. Actually not only atheists, jews, pagans, or anyone who is not evangelically fanatic(I wont get much further in this subject because I don't want to bore anyone and this is not the place for it  )

Anyway, I'm a recent graduate student from Forensic Biology;

I have seen personally the hate muslims have against jews. My family is descedent of sephardic jews, I discovered it, recently, after doing a few research over the internet... My family wasnt aware of it, in fact they are a bit of anti-semites... yes... there is a heavy stigma on judaism in Brazil.

Anyway; I mentioned this fact to my "ex-friend" who is a muslim, and he was surprised, ...hahaha you could even say it was like this " Shocked
    He never spoke to me again; Other times a few muslim friends would try to convert me, and some other times, in the islamic awareness week from my university, they would try to get an Imam to talk to me. This Imam was obsessed in trying to prove science wrong; Even distorting this passage from the Quran to support his view and to Koran is right... to the point of saying that "koran discovered this before anyone".

YUSUFALI: And from the fruit of the date-palm and the vine, ye get out wholesome drink and food: behold, in this also is a sign for those who are wise.
    PICKTHAL: And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who have sense.
    SHAKIR: And of the fruits of the palms and the grapes-- you obtain from them intoxication and goodly provision; most surely there is a sign in this for a people who ponder.

Before I did my research in Islam, I was already aware of its problems, but I was shocked to discover it was much worse than I thought. Anyway, I started after I read a news in a newspaper about muslims trying to convert Hindu girls to islam by threatening them with death or by hitting them and raping, in a British university.. I was shocked reading it, and I tried to find out more about it. So, that is when I found FF, JihadWatch; Became Aware of the apostate situation...etc.etc...

Sorry, I started to ramble a lot, but here is my introduction; Although I might not post so frequently as I'm more of a reader.

oh! I forgot to mention my nickname is based on the Cigarette-Smoking-Man from X-Files, in which Fox Mulder called him "Cancerman" and became CSM's nickname by the fans, and dr. is a reference to a science course.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes" Gene Roddenberry
  • Re: My introduction
     Reply #1 - August 13, 2009, 08:34 PM

Welcome to the forum Cancerman Smiley

And i know the hatred of Jews, afterall. I unfortunately used to be one of those who held perceptions of jews.

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #2 - August 13, 2009, 08:43 PM

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - August 13, 2009, 08:53 PM

Hello, welcome
    nice to meet you
    Smiley

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #4 - August 13, 2009, 08:54 PM

I just wanted to say that I know there is a lot of anti-Jewishness in Muslims, but I wasn't one of those.  It always bothered me when Muslims were blatantly hateful about Jews and Christians, so I don't know if my friends just  kept it quiet around me or if my little group of friends were also like me, because I never, in my immediate circles heard that stuff like 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' and stuff.  Certainly not people who denied the Holocaust and that stuff. The only people I met personally who did that were Arabs, and I really lit into them.  (I am reluctant to say that b/c it lends itself to stereotypes about Arabs, but it is true!)

I may have been a bit unusual though. I figured whatever someone wanted to believe, leave him to it, atheist, Jewish, Buddhist, whatever. If they came to me and asked me about Islam, I would tell them, but I didn't pamphlet people, I didn't do that sort of thing. I wanted to be 'like everyone else' only with a scarf. Accepted, and just having normal conversations, not always about religion and tryign to make them be like me.  'Lead by example' or something too.  I never hated Jews, and was always fascinated by the connections between some traditions of Judaism and practises and those of Islam.  

[this space for rent]
     Reply #5 - August 13, 2009, 09:17 PM

Hi drcancerman - and welcome Smiley
     Reply #6 - August 13, 2009, 09:21 PM

Welcome DrCancerman dance
     Reply #7 - August 13, 2009, 09:38 PM

Hello

I should have done this a while ago, but I did put it off  Cheesy. Secondly, I want to congratulate all the apostates and tell that they have my support! It must be incredibly difficult to leave islam with friends and family pressure. I consider apostates from islam incredible and amazing people, because they managed to eliminate the islamic brainwashing, survive the peer-pressure and live constantly with death threats.

A bit about me; I'm an atheist living in the UK , but originally from (sadly) Brazil. I never had a connection with Brazil, because I was always traveling because of my Father's job, so most of my lifetime has been living outside of Brazil.

I don't like Brazil because it lacks religious freedom, at least for us atheists, and the constant corruption and censorship in media and internet, without counting the violence. Actually not only atheists, jews, pagans, or anyone who is not evangelically fanatic(I wont get much further in this subject because I don't want to bore anyone and this is not the place for it  )

Anyway, I'm a recent graduate student from Forensic Biology;

I have seen personally the hate muslims have against jews. My family is descedent of sephardic jews, I discovered it, recently, after doing a few research over the internet... My family wasnt aware of it, in fact they are a bit of anti-semites... yes... there is a heavy stigma on judaism in Brazil.

Who's real Jew? Is it a people or Israelite?

Jew is the legitimatize code ordained by Allah for all mankind. What I mean within every race, every colour, every people  and every religions include Islam.

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
     Reply #8 - August 13, 2009, 10:33 PM

Welcome sir, I hope you find some answers, oh and nice avatar!

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #9 - August 13, 2009, 11:07 PM

Welcome to the forum. Awais and I were just talking about Brazil yesterday.  grin12

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #10 - August 14, 2009, 01:25 AM

Who's real Jew? Is it a people or Israelite?

Jew is the legitimatize code ordained by Allah for all mankind. What I mean within every race, every colour, every people  and every religions include Islam.

A jew is both a religion and a race. That means; They have a specific set of genes...

Jewish and middle eastern non-jewish populations share a common pool of Y-chromosome biallelic haplotypes.

Hammer MF, Redd AJ, Wood ET, Bonner MR, Jarjanazi H, Karafet T, Santachiara-Benerecetti S, Oppenheim A, Jobling MA, Jenkins T, Ostrer H, Bonne-Tamir B

Y-chromosome-specific haplotypes of Jews detected by probes 49f and 49a.

Lucotte G, David F

Laboratory of Molecular Anthropology, (CEABH), Paris, France.

A sample of Ashkenazic and Sephardic Jews has been studied with respect to haplotypes at the 49f-49a Y-specific DNA probes. Only seven haplotypes were found in Jews, three of them (VII, VIII, and XI) being the most widespread. Haplotype distribution in the European non-Jewish population is different.

@everyone else:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I was never a muslim, but I'm an ex-christian grin12,  I want to express my awe and my support for the ex-muslims. I've read a few testimonials in various other websites, those were some horror stories!!

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes" Gene Roddenberry
     Reply #11 - August 14, 2009, 02:43 AM

Welcome, drcancerman.  smoke

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #12 - August 14, 2009, 05:12 AM

I just wanted to say that I know there is a lot of anti-Jewishness in Muslims, but I wasn't one of those.  It always bothered me when Muslims were blatantly hateful about Jews and Christians, so I don't know if my friends just  kept it quiet around me or if my little group of friends were also like me, because I never, in my immediate circles heard that stuff like 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' and stuff.  Certainly not people who denied the Holocaust and that stuff. The only people I met personally who did that were Arabs, and I really lit into them.  (I am reluctant to say that b/c it lends itself to stereotypes about Arabs, but it is true!)

I may have been a bit unusual though. I figured whatever someone wanted to believe, leave him to it, atheist, Jewish, Buddhist, whatever. If they came to me and asked me about Islam, I would tell them, but I didn't pamphlet people, I didn't do that sort of thing. I wanted to be 'like everyone else' only with a scarf. Accepted, and just having normal conversations, not always about religion and tryign to make them be like me.  'Lead by example' or something too.  I never hated Jews, and was always fascinated by the connections between some traditions of Judaism and practises and those of Islam.  

+1

Reply #13 - August 14, 2009, 06:00 AM

+2  Afro I had the same sentiments.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #14 - August 14, 2009, 06:08 AM

+3

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - August 14, 2009, 11:59 AM

+4

My ex used to call me "jew lover" in a scathing tone of voice if I stuck up for them, which I did often.

I'm not a hater, not in my nature.  dance

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #16 - August 14, 2009, 11:59 AM

Oh, and hello, never thought I would welcome cancer so nicely though.  wacko

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #17 - August 14, 2009, 07:48 PM

Welcome... Smiley

Yes, most Arabs have issues (hate) Jews...so sad..!!

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
     Reply #18 - August 15, 2009, 02:02 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!  thnkyu dance

PS: Cancer... Not my fault, I have a deep love for x-files!  Cheesy

Reply #19 - August 15, 2009, 11:32 PM

Love your avatar Cancer! I cant wait for the new episodes of House to come out!

And welcome to the forum Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »