Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Another example of god's game

(Read 3358 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Another example of god's game
     OP - August 11, 2009, 09:59 PM

So basically, a Muslimah friend of mine told she was excited she was in her period. I was surprised and asked her why, to which she replied "because I'm getting it before Ramadan."

"So?" I asked, and she replied with, "because I can't fast if I'm in my period. It clears out dirty blood thats why."

"Thats a little sad actually."

"How so?"

"Well, if your god is real, then why would he care about your period? Isn't Ramadan a holy month where you're supposed to be closer to god, so why would he care about your period--something which you can't control anyways? Technically, isn't it really under god's control when you have a period or not? If so, then if he were to give you a period during Ramadan, then he's playing favorites isn't he--since he's choosing to not let you get closer to him?"

She just changed the subject after that, and I didn't continue the convo. However, I posted that here because I frankly found it a little disturbing that she was trying to please a god, that plays favorites with his creations. parrot

Funny huh?

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
  • Re: Another example of god's game
     Reply #1 - August 11, 2009, 10:00 PM

She is talking crap. You can fast if you are on you're period, but you don't have to.

You can't pray though.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #2 - August 11, 2009, 10:01 PM

She is talking crap. You can fast if you are on you're period, but you don't have to.

You can't pray though.

I think she meant to say pray. But either way, the argument remains.

Reply #3 - August 11, 2009, 10:21 PM

As far as I know, a woman's period definitely makes it haram for her to fast. That's how it has always been in my family and extended relatives. I believe the ruling is somewhere in the ahadith. By the way, she's very misinformed about fasting in Islam, because it doesn't matter if she was unable to hold her fasts due to her period, she must make up for the fasts she skipped or missed, for whatever reason, at a later time. She should actually feel unlucky, because I imagine that outside the month of Ramadan, most people would lack the motivation to make up for their missing fasts. *facepalm*

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #4 - August 11, 2009, 10:28 PM

I thought you couldn't fast when on your period. I never have done.

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #5 - August 11, 2009, 10:34 PM

I thought you couldn't fast when on your period. I never have done.

My mistake. I thought that you could fast when on period.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #6 - August 11, 2009, 10:36 PM

My mistake. I thought that you could fast when on period.

Np, i thought i had missed something.
    You can get dehydrated easier if you are losing blood and not eating or drinking.

Reply #7 - August 11, 2009, 10:43 PM

Is that really your bum Meredith

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #8 - August 11, 2009, 10:55 PM

Haha, nah.

My one is better Wink

Reply #9 - August 11, 2009, 10:58 PM

Let me be the judge of that

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #10 - August 11, 2009, 11:14 PM

LOL

Play your cards right and you may just see it Wink

Reply #11 - August 11, 2009, 11:15 PM

I will do my very best Meredith, thanks for the opportunity

Reply #12 - August 12, 2009, 12:01 AM

I'm just locking this temporarily while I split out Kope's bullshit and dump it in the Rant Arena. This is getting ridiculous.
    I think the staff are going to have to get more active on moderation.
    One thread in Rants is enough for the inane one-liners and replies to them. They get in the way of valid discussions.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #13 - August 12, 2009, 12:07 AM

Reopening for business. Carry on.  Afro

Kope: if you want to keep your freedom to post anywhere start contributing something of value or stay out of serious threads. Your choice.

Reply #14 - August 12, 2009, 12:10 AM

Good Move Os. Thank you  Afro

Reply #15 - August 12, 2009, 02:56 AM

You know, growing up in the US (as nonmuslim), periods just weren't talked about.  I was so mad at my Mom when she told my Dad I got it for the first time.

It wasn't 'til I married an Indian that I realized periods were kind of common knowledge (as to when a woman had hers).  I couldn't go in a Hindu temple while having it.  To this day his parents don't know I had it during our Hindu wedding.

To say the least, it was weird & awkward for me to have to stay outside the temple while my husband and his parents went inside.  (And knowing that everyone knew why).

Upon researching Islam, I was a bit surprised at what women can/cannot do while having it.  There was a lecture I heard the other day where the speaker stated that a man cannot divorce his wife while she has her period.  The wife may not be acting herself as periods can make a woman act "unstable".  This sentiment would be funny to me had I not realized this guy was serious.

You do not need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. Richard A. Weatherwax

Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family.  Steven Colbert
     Reply #16 - August 12, 2009, 03:32 AM

Lane4, just out of curiosity, are you an Atheist?

Reply #17 - August 12, 2009, 04:09 AM

Yes, Tommy I am.  I took a year to investigate all the major religions (and even some minor ones).  Everything from Scientology to Quaker to Hindu to Jewish to Buddist to Morman etc, etc.  Then I investigated the atheist/free thinker viewpoint.

I decided, based upon everything I learned, there isn't a god.

You do not need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. Richard A. Weatherwax

Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family.  Steven Colbert
     Reply #18 - August 12, 2009, 07:20 AM

I have always wondered about scientology, on what basis is it formed?  Can you tell us a little about it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - August 12, 2009, 07:21 AM

There's a few good episodes of South Park on it..

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #20 - August 12, 2009, 07:24 AM

lol

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - August 12, 2009, 09:44 PM

Oh, Scientology...well, the found L Ron Hubbard bet a guy he could start his own religion and he won.  This wiki explains it far better than I can:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

I do know they charge people enormous amounts of money to be "audited" and celebrities are treated very differently than normal people.  People make fun of it but, to me, it isn't any more weird than a virgin giving birth to a boy who grew up and made wine out of water and died on a cross.  Or a guy building an ark to house 2 of each animal.  Or Jonah being swallowed by a giant fish.

Where Scientology gets scary is the tactics they employ against detractors.  This is an excellent website that explains the scary stuff Scientolgists can do (not all, of course).

http://www.whyweprotest.org/en/

Reply #22 - August 13, 2009, 12:50 AM

I'm a Scientologist, but I take on a very loose interpretation.  Cheesy

Reply #23 - August 13, 2009, 05:55 AM

This is from wiki and is hilarious

Another controversial belief held by Scientologists is that the practice of psychiatry is destructive and abusive and must be abolished.

I wonder if this is to stop them all getting checked in?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - August 13, 2009, 05:56 AM

That's actually very true. They hate Psychologists with a passion. Roll Eyes

Reply #25 - August 13, 2009, 06:11 AM

This is from wiki and is hilarious

I wonder if this is to stop them all getting checked in?

Could be because they use brainwashing and coercion themselves and therefore psychiatrists are the enemy because they are familiar with these techniques and with helping people overcome them. After all, if you were Hubbard and were planning on boosting your "enterprise" with coercive techniques then anyone who could see through that and counter it would be an enemy.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »