Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello & a couple questions

(Read 3843 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello & a couple questions
     OP - August 06, 2009, 10:31 PM

Hi all-  I probably do not fit into the typical demographic on this site but I hope it is okay to participate anyway. 

I am a female, secular humanist, American who has been researching Islam.  I have already found some great answers here but will have more questions. 

So, although I am not British or Muslim, is it okay to hang out here?  (I have visited UK twice though Smiley  I went to the Ummah forum but was called a kafir.

I am not interested in converting to Islam at all - just wanting to learn a bit more.

Please advise if it's okay to post here, many thanks.

You do not need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. Richard A. Weatherwax

Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family.  Steven Colbert
  • Re: Hello & a couple questions
     Reply #1 - August 06, 2009, 10:33 PM

Post away Lane4 and feel free to ask any questions you like to me.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #2 - August 06, 2009, 10:40 PM

Yeah go for it. We have members from all over the place and not all of them are ex-Muslim anyway. I'm not. They just hired me to mop the floors and stuff.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - August 06, 2009, 10:41 PM

I am a female, secular humanist, American who has been researching Islam.  I have already found some great answers here but will have more questions.  

Glad to see you here.  We have both your demographics here, Americans and non-ex-muslims.  What questions have we already answered, and what questions still need answering?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - August 06, 2009, 10:46 PM

Thank you all for being so welcoming.

I'm not sure if I should open a new thread for the questions?  One question that has been bugging me, did Muhammad kill a mother while she was nursing her child?  If so, I cannot imagine how an apologist could put a positive spin on this.

You do not need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. Richard A. Weatherwax

Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family.  Steven Colbert
     Reply #5 - August 06, 2009, 10:49 PM

I am not interested in converting to Islam at all - just wanting to learn a bit more.

We'll let you off about not wanting to convert LOL grin12 Wink

(ps - u do realise this is an Ex-Muslim forum)

Oh and in case anyone hasn't said it yet - yes of course you are welcome to post. Smiley
     Reply #6 - August 06, 2009, 10:50 PM

Start a thread if you like. It's a forum. People start threads all the time.  Afro
    Anyway yes, that story comes from one of the ahadith I think, or possibly from Ibn Ishaq. Mohammed didn't do the actual killing but he ordered it.

Reply #7 - August 06, 2009, 11:07 PM

We'll let you off about not wanting to convert LOL grin12 Wink

(ps - u do realise this is an Ex-Muslim forum)

Oh and in case anyone hasn't said it yet - yes of course you are welcome to post. Smiley

LOL - yes, I know it's an ex-Muslim forum but I wanted to put in I am not converting in case anyone wondered why I was at Ummah forums. 

I aqlso posted my "story" in the "ex other religion" fourm here.

Reply #8 - August 06, 2009, 11:08 PM

Welcome Lane4.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #9 - August 06, 2009, 11:09 PM

Ummah is great for putting people off converting anyway. Bunch of nutters in there. grin12

Reply #10 - August 06, 2009, 11:21 PM

Thank you all for being so welcoming.

I'm not sure if I should open a new thread for the questions?  One question that has been bugging me, did Muhammad kill a mother while she was nursing her child?  If so, I cannot imagine how an apologist could put a positive spin on this.

(3) March 624: Asma bint Marwan

She was a poetess who belonged to a tribe of Medinan pagans. She composed a poem blaming them for obeying a stranger (Muhammad) and for not taking the initiative to attack him by surprise. Perhaps in March 624, when the Allah?inspired Prophet heard what she had said, he asked, 'Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?' A member of her husband's tribe volunteered and crept into her house that night. She had five children, and the youngest was sleeping at her breast. The assassin gently removed the child, drew his sword, and plunged it into her, killing her in her sleep. [4]

Will have to get the source (it isn't referenced in http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4670.msg120140#msg120140) but it's a well known story.

ETA: Seems to be from Ibn Ishaq. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asma_bint_Marwan

Reply #11 - August 07, 2009, 12:12 AM

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated.

Reply #12 - August 07, 2009, 12:22 AM

There are also Um Qirfa and Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf. The former was killed for criticising Mohammed after he had the latter killed.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4465.msg115587#msg115587 includes some references.

Reply #13 - August 07, 2009, 01:57 AM

Hello Lane4

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #14 - August 07, 2009, 12:02 PM

Ummah is great for putting people off converting anyway. Bunch of nutters in there. grin12

Not nutters. Just stupid immature kids, led by a control freak who just attacks and eventually bans people whenever he feels threatened!

Oh, and welcome, Lane!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #15 - August 07, 2009, 01:14 PM

Greetings and salutations Lane!  You ask some great questions!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #16 - August 07, 2009, 07:14 PM

Hi all-  I probably do not fit into the typical demographic on this site but I hope it is okay to participate anyway. 

I am a female, secular humanist, American who has been researching Islam.  I have already found some great answers here but will have more questions. 

So, although I am not British or Muslim, is it okay to hang out here?  (I have visited UK twice though Smiley  I went to the Ummah forum but was called a kafir.

Please advise if it's okay to post here, many thanks.

Make yourself home Smiley grabs coffee

Religion is for weak minded
     Reply #17 - August 08, 2009, 12:43 AM

Welcome.. Of course you can post.

You can always start new threads, ask Qs...

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »