Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: British Citizens "against Extremism"

(Read 8929 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • British Citizens "against Extremism"
     OP - August 04, 2009, 01:58 AM

This Luton demo was a response to the Al-Muhjiroun Islamic extremists protesting against troops coming home precursor to what these thugs plan to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=z3tg74jxOy4

There are plenty of other dates on this group's list.

You need a fb page to access their page but here's some opinions i found on blogspots about them (sadly its not a proper anti-Islamic extremism group) as you can see:

barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2009/07....-in-birmingham/

"Paul Murphy, on July 20th, 2009 at 6:13 pm Said:
    The Birmingham ?Anti-Islamism? March:

This is my take on the march in Birmingham. Recently I joined to Facebook group, ?British Citizens against Muslim Extremists?, who help organise and publicise these ?Anti-Islam? marches. I was a member for about a week. Then I decided to voice some opinions on it. I was banned almost immediately. Why? Because I said outrageous things such as ?not all students are left wing? and ?perhaps we should not be an exclusively right-wing group?.

Anyway. Even from the beginning I knew that 50% of the members and posters were indeed racist. Also, I would say that 90% of the members and posters are football-hooligan types. I?ve nothing against football hooligans, but can we really fight Islamism with a couple of thousand bother-boys? I don?t think so.

Kafir Harby, on July 21st, 2009 at 11:46 am Said:
    I agree. The resistance against islamo-fascism must NOT be hijacked by neo-nazi?s or else the battle is lost before it is fought. This is a problem in Belgium too."

Here's their facebook page:
    facebook.com/group. php?gid=107676721904

and a list of upcoming events:

3 Rifles homecoming parade
    Leeds
    01 August at 11:30

English & Welsh Defence League...
    Birmingham Bullring
    08 August at 18:00

Protest against huge new mosqu...
    Harrow
    29 August at 10:25

Protest Aganst Muslim Extremists
    Luton Centre,
    30 August at 14:00

23rd Engineer regiment freedom...
    Woodbridge
    04 September at 11:00

Stop Terrorists Preaching On O...
    Manchester City Centre,
    10 October at 12:00

Weprobably all knew something like this was on the horizon but have friends on here got any contacts to start a real anti-extremist group to tackle both sets of  facists in one fell swoop?

There really needs to be a real educational reformist look at  Islam and open criticism from the like of Tariq Ali, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Samira Belil, Ibn Warraq and others

Just as there are disaffected Muslim youth who turn to Islamic extremism there  are white youth in Britain being indoctrinated by fascism and this all leads to the rise of the BNP.

Any ideas?
  • Re: British Citizens "against Extremism"
     Reply #1 - August 04, 2009, 09:24 PM

they have right to  protest

please read my blog, read how islam will win
    the clash of civilization.

http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha
     Reply #2 - August 04, 2009, 09:29 PM

My constant worry is that right-wing bigots monopolise criticism of Islam.

The only answer has got to be that more moderate and liberals speak up.
     Reply #3 - August 04, 2009, 09:38 PM

i hope right-wing take over britist

please read my blog, read how islam will win
    the clash of civilization.

http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha
     Reply #4 - August 04, 2009, 09:39 PM

I hope you shut-up.
     Reply #5 - August 05, 2009, 01:00 AM

I hope you get laid. Soon.
     Reply #6 - August 05, 2009, 05:41 AM

I hope we can shut down our Sharia Courts, remove religious schools and ban religious clothes from normal schools like they did in France. 

Or I can learn to speak French or Dutch (maybe both) and move to either country.

Free Religion and the provision of lawful protection for religion in the UK was a major mistake. We do not want to cater to the demands and desires of the religious nuts in this day and age, at least I dont.

I want to live in a modern and secular country, but Britain seems to be heading into either Facism (BNP), or Sharia (Labour).

I do not want either extreme in this country, BNP, nor Islam or any other religion having any kind of power, but we are heading towards either one now which is why the UK is in such a bad state right now.

I think we are going to be nearing to more rioting and civil problems over the next couple of years, because Labour have effed up all up now.

We keep hearing about how Jack Straw or the French government have mentioned the veil and our doing so puts us in the same boat as them. How so? I want a ban on the burka, neqab and child veiling.

you can either defend women or you must defend Islam. You can’t defend both

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #7 - August 05, 2009, 06:31 AM

I hope we can shut down our Sharia Courts, remove religious schools and ban religious clothes from normal schools like they did in France. 

Or I can learn to speak French or Dutch (maybe both) and move to either country.

Free Religion and the provision of lawful protection for religion in the UK was a major mistake. We do not want to cater to the demands and desires of the religious nuts in this day and age, at least I dont.

I want to live in a modern and secular country, but Britain seems to be heading into either Facism (BNP), or Sharia (Labour).

I do not want either extreme in this country, BNP, nor Islam or any other religion having any kind of power, but we are heading towards either one now which is why the UK is in such a bad state right now.

I think we are going to be nearing to more rioting and civil problems over the next couple of years, because Labour have effed up all up now.

I think you summed it up quite nicely. Like what you said about the two extremes (fascist right wing and Islamic religious extremism).

I don't think that secularism will crumble so easily though, I just think it's unfortunate that the BNP seems to be gaining a bit more support than usual. I'm feeling optimistic right now though.

I too, like you, do not want to see religion having any kind of power (separation of a religious authority and the state is fundamental for the progression of society), but certain individuals (ahem, shadowq, ahem) see this as secularist bigotry against religious people! Anyway, although I do not want religion having any authority over political matters, I do believe that it is important to allow people to exercise their freedom to faith, as well as allowing people the freedom FROM faith. We are far from such a rosy society though, and it certainly will not be easy to achieve, particularly due to the problem of extremists using freedom of religion to their advantage.

What gets to me is that (in general) Muslims want Islam to be the religion that rules the earth, but they still won't be happy if it does because of the various sects or schools of thought. For example, if Sunni Muslims took over, Shia Muslims will have a problem - and vice versa. Kope's dream of the clash of civilizations between the Western world and Islam will turn into a full on boxing match - Islam Vs. Islam. There will always be that need, that hunger for power.
     Reply #8 - August 05, 2009, 07:55 AM

They can practice their religion at home, but keep it out of schools and the work place.

Today if you insult a religion at work, you get fired. If I say 'Islam is a Bullshit religion', I get fired for racism.

This is the biggest insult to what is meant to be a free secular state.

Then the muslims cry for sharia courts and wearing veils in public and they get handed everything by the government.

Also, labour gives asylum seekers a free 20" TV, and free annual house maintainence with repainting every 3 years, when no normal person gets any of this. Blooming stick em in a house somewhere with a single bed and maybe a sofa and let them get everything else on their own.

We keep hearing about how Jack Straw or the French government have mentioned the veil and our doing so puts us in the same boat as them. How so? I want a ban on the burka, neqab and child veiling.

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #9 - August 05, 2009, 08:15 AM

They can practice their religion at home, but keep it out of schools and the work place.

Today if you insult a religion at work, you get fired. If I say 'Islam is a Bullshit religion', I get fired for racism.

Then the muslims cry for sharia courts and wearing veils in public and they get handed everything by the government.

Also, labour gives asylum seekers a free 20" TV, and free annual house maintainence with repainting every 3 years, when no normal person gets any of this. Blooming stick em in a house somewhere with a single bed and maybe a sofa and let them get everything else on their own.

I had no idea that asylum seekers were given so much.

I think the most they should be given is the opportunity to find employment so that they can provide for themselves rather then living off welfare. If they don't have the necessary skills, well then the government should arrange some form of training or courses to get them skilled for particular jobs.

Reply #10 - August 05, 2009, 08:53 AM

I knew a refugee from Uzbekistan, the police beat him up, broke his leg, imprisoned, terrible shit. The state gave him and his fam a TV, and they watched Public Broadcasting Station (PBS), and the news, helping them learn English Tongue.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #11 - August 05, 2009, 09:21 AM

I knew a refugee from Uzbekistan, the police beat him up, broke his leg, imprisoned, terrible shit. The state gave him and his fam a TV, and they watched Public Broadcasting Station (PBS), and the news, helping them learn English Tongue.

That's awesome.  Afro
     Reply #12 - August 05, 2009, 07:50 PM

Weird how there is all this Muslim sharia sympathising on the left.

Is it due to the Russian connection?
     Reply #13 - August 05, 2009, 09:17 PM

Kope's dream of the clash of civilizations between the Western world and Islam will turn into a full on boxing match - Islam Vs. Islam.

Excellent point  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - August 05, 2009, 09:25 PM

Weird how there is all this Muslim sharia sympathising on the left.

Is it due to the Russian connection?

Russian connection?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - August 05, 2009, 09:30 PM

Absolutely everything you said there was total and utter bullshit.

An asylum seeker will get ?45 a week (What is considered as the bare minimum to live on) and put in a hostel until it is decided what can be done with them.

And if you said "Islam is a bullshit religion" at work, you would not get fired. Unless you were employed at Regents Park Mosque. I say things to those effect at work quite often.

Where do you get your facts from, by the way?

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #16 - August 06, 2009, 05:39 AM

Weprobably all knew something like this was on the horizon but have friends on here got any contacts to start a real anti-extremist group to tackle both sets of  facists in one fell swoop?

Symptoms of the same disease, which needs a total cure.

There really needs to be a real educational reformist look at  Islam and open criticism from the like of Tariq Ali, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Samira Belil, Ibn Warraq and others

It sound good, but I'm not sure what you mean - sorry.

Just as there are disaffected Muslim youth who turn to Islamic extremism there  are white youth in Britain being indoctrinated by fascism and this all leads to the rise of the BNP.

Any ideas?

They're not really being indoctrinated by fascism though, for the most part, they're voting for some sort of alternative that claims to represent them. There isn't an apolitical solution to dealing with both of these of things. In my opinion we can only realistically make ground on issues surrounding Islam/muslims.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #17 - August 06, 2009, 05:41 AM

An asylum seeker is more likely to be homeless than be given a free television.

This is the kind of lie peddled by the BNP.

Reply #18 - August 06, 2009, 07:41 AM

and The Sun newspaper, along with the other tabloids

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - August 06, 2009, 03:24 PM

more likely. they've done so much for the BNP though

Reply #20 - August 07, 2009, 06:04 PM

This is the kind of lie peddled by the BNP.

No, I read it on the UK democracy forum on which posting anything to promote the BNP is banned.

Also, see this article for how easy asylum into the UK is:

http://dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/117365/Sex-change-asylum-seeker-can-stay

You dont even need to be in danger, just claim you are transgender and not accepted in your home country, and in you get.

Ok, yea, its a newspaper.

And another:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5872624/Failed-asylum-seekers-to-get-free-NHS-care.html

Free healthcare to failed asylum seekers, but if you are of British nationality and go on holiday for 3 months, you may end up having to pay for NHS treatment.

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #21 - August 07, 2009, 06:58 PM

No, I read it on the UK democracy forum on which posting anything to promote the BNP is banned.

You were still misinformed, because asylum seekers are not entitled to all the things you claimed they were.  As aliadiere pointed out, they get 45 pound a week and a bed in a hostel.

Also, see this article for how easy asylum into the UK is:

http://dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/117365/Sex-change-asylum-seeker-can-stay

You dont even need to be in danger, just claim you are transgender and not accepted in your home country, and in you get.

You think a transexual from Pakistan wouldn't be in danger if sent home?   I'd say that person has just as good a case for asylum as the Saudi princess who committed adultery.

Free healthcare to failed asylum seekers, but if you are of British nationality and go on holiday for 3 months, you may end up having to pay for NHS treatment.

Free healthcare for failed asylum seekers is entirely right.  You surely don't want people dying in Britain because they can't afford medical care?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #22 - October 08, 2009, 11:18 AM

I hope CEMB makes clear its stance so that we dont get joined by facist right wing ignorant english people.

Reply #23 - October 08, 2009, 12:17 PM

I hope CEMB makes clear its stance so that we dont get joined by facist right wing ignorant english people.

So is it acceptable for fascist, right wing ignorant Pakistani, Arab,  Chinese, Mexican or Innuit people to join CEMB?  

Do their nationality and ethnicity determine whether they are acceptable or not by any chance?

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #24 - October 08, 2009, 12:52 PM

not saying that at all,  just saying  islamaphobia is not what this group is about. Just because you want to argue on the internet for arguments sake -- you should not  ignore the fact that right wing facists in this country are predominately white and english and just hate muslims  and might be attracted to anything that is remotely negative towards islam.

Ex muslims should not be allied to these thugs.

Reply #25 - October 08, 2009, 01:07 PM

so what are muslims doing about the faschist elements that are in abundance amongst them?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - October 08, 2009, 01:11 PM

not saying that at all,  just saying  islamaphobia is not what this group is about. Just because you want to argue on the internet for arguments sake -- you should not  ignore the fact that right wing facists in this country are predominately white and english and just hate muslims  and might be attracted to anything that is remotely negative towards islam.

Hi flush80 and welcome - yes I agree with you 100%.

But don't worry, CEMB will never join hands with right-wing racist groups or individuals - regardless of what colour, religion or nationality.
     Reply #27 - October 08, 2009, 01:39 PM

not saying that at all,  just saying  islamaphobia is not what this group is about. Just because you want to argue on the internet for arguments sake -- you should not  ignore the fact that right wing facists in this country are predominately white and english and just hate muslims  and might be attracted to anything that is remotely negative towards islam.

In that case I agree with you...  

I am sure that will not be a problem as most members of this forum are intelligent people who may even have Muslim relatives.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #28 - October 19, 2009, 04:17 AM

My constant worry is that right-wing bigots monopolise criticism of Islam.

The only answer has got to be that more moderate and liberals speak up.

Many of those right-wing bigots tend to be there to attack racial minorities rather than criticising Islam.

Unfortunately the problem is that the UK government, like the US government, aligns itself with so-called moderate groups who are anything but moderate. They talk to organisations who are funded by Saudi Arabia and the like who have a political agenda that goes beyond just merely that of a religious nature.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »