Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Are you a vegetarian?
  • Yes, I am a vegetarian - 2 (9.1%)
  • I am a vegan - 0 (0%)
  • Ovo-vegetarian - 0 (0%)
  • Not yet, but I would like to become one - 3 (13.6%)
  • No and I dont have pets - 11 (50%)
  • No, I have pets, would hesitate to have them slaughtered - 4 (18.2%)
  • No, I have pets, would NOT hesitate to have them slaughtered - 2 (9.1%)
  • Total Voters: 22

Topic: Are you a vegetarian? Update-What about Pets, do you own any?

(Read 13024 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Are you a vegetarian? Update-What about Pets, do you own any?
     Reply #30 - July 29, 2009, 02:50 AM

Hmmmm. You're giving me ideas........................  whistling2

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #31 - July 29, 2009, 08:39 AM

I was going against the religion when I opted to be a vegetarian, it's turning your nose up at allahs gift, the gift of meat that he sent to replace abrahams son in the sacrifice.

All bullshit, but that's what I was told anyway.

Wouldnt being a vegan or vegatarian support  compassion living as recommended by their so called God, or Allah if you wish, who provided ample foods that can be acquired without causing so much suffering.?
     Reply #32 - July 29, 2009, 08:49 AM

They say:

"Islam enjoys mercy and compassion for all living creatures. At the same time Islam maintains that Allah has created the earth and its wondrous flora and fauna for the benefit of mankind. It is upto mankind to use every resource in this world judiciously, as a niyamat (Divine blessing) and amanat (trust) from Allah"

Most people who are not vegetarians even hesitate to kill their own pets. In my opinion there is nothing compassionate about animal slaughter, is it?  They eat meat because they like to eat bloody flesh and want to use the excuse "God said I can" to defend their indefensible position.

Some say you can be good muslim being a vegetarian as well, which part of the Quran they intend to follow. The part that says you must be compassionate to all creatures or the part that tells you it is OK to to slit  the throat and slaughter innocent animals.

What value is there to an advancing human being looking for God to take to religious practices that are devoid of compassion?

• Re: Are you a vegetarian?
     Reply #33 - July 29, 2009, 08:54 AM

Did you come here for the specific purpose of preaching?

Preaching I dont know but I surely am practicising, being a vegetarian all my life Smiley
     Reply #34 - July 29, 2009, 09:23 AM

They say:

"
    Most people who are not vegetarians even hesitate to kill their own pets. In my opinion there is nothing compassionate about animal slaughter, is it?  They eat meat because they like to eat bloody flesh and want to use the excuse "God said I can" to defend their indefensible position.

I don't even think they like the taste of meat or blood, they are doing it out of spite, which is even worse. I even heard a muslim say that once, then he cackled as stuffed the forkful of steak into his mouth. Bastards!! Why do they do it!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #35 - July 29, 2009, 09:25 AM

Wouldnt being a vegan or vegatarian support  compassion living as recommended by their so called God, or Allah if you wish, who provided ample foods that can be acquired without causing so much suffering.?

No, you see their so called god put certain animals here to be food for humans.

You won't be able to argue to a muslim that allah would prefer they not eat meat, because Islam is very very clear about eating meat being what allah had intended all along.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #36 - July 29, 2009, 09:26 AM

I don't even think they like the taste of meat or blood, they are doing it out of spite, which is even worse. I even heard a muslim say that once, then he cackled as stuffed the forkful of steak into his mouth. Bastards!! Why do they do it!

Even with a long absence, you are still hilarious.  Cheesy

Reply #37 - July 29, 2009, 09:30 AM

Most people who are not vegetarians even hesitate to kill their own pets. In my opinion there is nothing compassionate about animal slaughter, is it?  They eat meat because they like to eat bloody flesh and want to use the excuse "God said I can" to defend their indefensible position.

Excellent. FIrst off, because Islam originated in a hot, freezerless desert they had to drain the animal of the blood as part of Islamic ritual. This practice still exists today, any self respecting Muslim only eats halaal meat and thus can't be sitting there eating "bloody steaks".

Second, this sounds like one of those horrible Jew carricutures of Nazi Germany were the curly haired, hook nosed jews are sitting around a gentile baby eating its brain or something! I dont think Muslims enjoy eating bloody flesh, I think they enjoy the taste of meat because it's somewhat natural and universal in many people. Not that Not eating meat is unnatural, but eating meat is the norm now, and, will remain the norm for a long time

Alas Sir Vegetarian, you are a bigot of a different kind.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #38 - July 29, 2009, 09:48 AM

Even with a long absence, you are still hilarious.  Cheesy

Hiya Berbs, why thank you Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #39 - July 29, 2009, 06:06 PM

Did you come here for the specific purpose of preaching?

Yes, VS is here to do just that. He/she is asking the exact same questions they asked in their first thread about whether Muslims can be vegetarians or not. VS was very selective about who they were responding to and what they were responding to. He/she is really getting quite annoying.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #40 - July 29, 2009, 06:13 PM

No, you see their so called god put certain animals here to be food for humans.

You won't be able to argue to a muslim that allah would prefer they not eat meat, because Islam is very very clear about eating meat being what allah had intended all along.

People have been telling him/her that in the other thread but he/she doesn't seem to like that answer for some reason.

Reply #41 - July 29, 2009, 06:23 PM

I am getting to know more, with discussions. I am not sure having pet animals is allowed or not(no one anwered that question), read both my threads. This is just a poll.
    On a side note, I would rather go towards  love and compassion towards sentient beings than to endless rituals  in any religion (if I follow any)
     Reply #42 - July 29, 2009, 06:30 PM

Roll Eyes

Reply #43 - July 29, 2009, 06:43 PM

Yes, VS is here to do just that. He/she is asking the exact same questions they asked in their first thread about whether Muslims can be vegetarians or not. VS was very selective about who they were responding to and what they were responding to. He/she is really getting quite annoying.

My question on love and compassion to sentient beings annoys you...Why
     Reply #44 - July 29, 2009, 06:46 PM

VS, go back and read your first thread again. I mean the posts that were written by people other than yourself.

Reply #45 - July 29, 2009, 06:51 PM

People have been telling him/her that in the other thread but he/she doesn't seem to like that answer for some reason.

So far, I have got various answers: Some say you can be vegetarian being muslim and some say otherwise. So which part of the Quran they intend to follow, the part that says you must be compassionate to all creatures or the part that tells you it is OK to to slit  the throat and slaughter innocent animals:slaughterhouses in heaven??

Is it not also true that they cannot be a good Muslim and ignore the injunctions to be compassionate to all creatures? 
     Reply #46 - July 29, 2009, 06:53 PM

What about the injunctions for Qurbani? I asked this in the previous thread and you didn't answer.

Reply #47 - July 29, 2009, 06:57 PM

Please excuse me for my poor knowledge regarding sacrificial rites practices. I think it is not very favorable for those who are vegatarians
     Reply #48 - July 29, 2009, 07:16 PM

Maybe, but surely the point is that Qurbani is farz (compulsory) in Islam. So if you want to refrain from the practice then you would have to deliberately disobey God and actually stand by your disobedience. How could you try and make sense of that as an Abdullah/Amatullah (slave of Allah) who is supposed to do everything their master tells them to?

Reply #49 - July 29, 2009, 07:22 PM

Maybe, but surely the point is that Qurbani is farz (compulsory) in Islam. So if you want to refrain from the practice then you would have to deliberately disobey God and actually stand by your disobedience. How could you try and make sense of that as an Abdullah/Amatullah (slave of Allah) who is supposed to do everything their master tells them to?

Slave or servant? Because there is a difference. When you are slave, you practically lose all.

And what about having animals as family pets?
     Reply #50 - July 29, 2009, 07:31 PM

Slave or servant? Because there is a difference. When you are slave, you practically lose all.

If that's what your definition of slave and servant is, then definitely, SLAVE! If your asking Muslims for the right to criticize God in Islam, your gonna have a tough time and a lot of abuse thrown at you at the same time! Do you realize just how much is expected of you in Islam?

And what about having animals as family pets?

As far as I know it is actually a Sunnah to keep a cat because the prophet kept a cat. You can't keep dogs inside your house though, they're considered unclean to touch. You can't pray wearing clothes that a dog has licked/touched with wet nose and you can't pray on an unclean area and if you know a dog has tread upon that area then that area is considered unclean.

Reply #51 - July 29, 2009, 07:41 PM

As far as I know it is actually a Sunnah to keep a cat because the prophet kept a cat

And yet oddly not one moroccan muslim family, or indeed any muslim family, I have known, that kept a cat.

The general dislike of animals is quite rife.

Maybe you know some who do?  Huh?

I didn't even know it was sunnah, damn I should have found that out, could have had a cat ages ago, regardless of what anyone said around me, I could have just shoved sunnah in their face.

Reply #52 - July 29, 2009, 07:44 PM

You can't keep dogs inside your house though, they're considered unclean to touch. You can't pray wearing clothes that a dog has licked/touched with wet nose and you can't pray on an unclean area and if you know a dog has tread upon that area then that area is considered unclean.

I thought that was cultural - is it written in the hadith or the quran?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #53 - July 29, 2009, 07:47 PM

Yes it is Islame, but I'm about to knock off so maybe someone else can dig out the hadiths for you.  Smiley

Reply #54 - July 29, 2009, 07:49 PM

So early?  Is the poop-kisser round by any chance?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #55 - July 29, 2009, 08:16 PM

Cheesy Not until this weekend, and then I shall be AWOL having more fun.  parrot

My bath is on, need to wash, and then chill out watching something.

Reply #56 - July 29, 2009, 08:31 PM

I don't know which verse or hadeeth backs it up but I asked my local Imaam for this information and everybody else followed it too.

Reply #57 - July 29, 2009, 10:03 PM

Asked Imam Google, this is what he said:

It is related by Abu Huraira (Allah be well pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, ?Whoever acquires a dog, with the exception of a dog for hunting, or guarding sheep, or protecting the harvest, then a large portion of his reward will be diminished every day.?

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who keeps a dog other than that meant for watching the herd or for hunting loses every day out of his deeds equal to two qirats. (2940)

Ibn 'Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
    Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. (3929)

Sayyidna Ibn Abbas (Radhiyallaahu ?nhuma) reports from Sayyidna Maimoona (Radhiyallaahu ?nha) that once Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu ?layhi Wasallam) became sad; and said that Jibra'eel (?layhis Salaam) promised to meet him at night but did not turn up. "By Allah what has kept him back," said the Prophet (Sallallaaahu ?layhi Wasallam). Then he realised a puppy was under his bed. He ordered that the puppy be removed and the area be sprinkled with water. In the afternoon when Jibra'eel (?layhi Salaam) came, Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu ?layhi Wasallam) enquired as to the delay. Jibra'eel (?layhiSalaam) said that we, the group of Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or pictures. (Sahih Muslim Hadith no.3928)

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
    Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When a dog licks a utensil belonging to any one of you, (the thing contained in it) should be thrown away and then (the utensil) should be washed seven times. (418)

Ibn 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
    Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had commanded that dogs should be killed. (2934)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - July 29, 2009, 11:43 PM

Ibn 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
    Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had commanded that dogs should be killed. (2934)

Huh? In what context?

Reply #59 - July 30, 2009, 04:43 PM

dunno

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »