Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Swine flu may force Muslims to abandon Haj pilgrimage to Mecca!

(Read 7725 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Swine flu may force Muslims to abandon Haj pilgrimage to Mecca!
     Reply #30 - July 29, 2009, 03:06 PM

If it is the fact that Hajj is something that pleases Allah and people died even whilst they were pleasing Allah which bothered you, then what about people who die whilst praying salaah or when going to pay Zakah? Or did you think nobody could ever die whilst praying/going to pay Zakah? Or did you equally have a problem with people dying in these other circumstances as well as dying whilst doing Hajj?

Not really as they were not a direct result of going to the effort of going to Hajj.  e.g. getting crushed to death whilst trying to touch the stone is almost like being punished for going, whereas dying a natural death whilst praying would have happened anyway.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - July 29, 2009, 03:22 PM

Ok, but what about going to pay Zakah and being run over by a car? If you hadn't gone to pay Zakah then you wouldn't have been run over by that car?

And anyway in Islam every step and every breath you take is supposed to be in the name of Allah. People who manage to do this are still going to die at some point anyway.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #32 - July 29, 2009, 03:46 PM

I agree with Jamez, I always understood that dying in hajj was an instant speed ticket to heaven, people wanted to die whilst on hajj, my father wants to die whilst performing it.

Remember, everything in islam makes sense, and sounds beautiful and warrior like, once you switch off all rational thinking.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #33 - July 29, 2009, 03:48 PM

Maybe, but I think the difference is that I always saw Kaaba as Gods place and everywhere else as being at the bequest of our own fallability.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #34 - July 29, 2009, 05:39 PM

(CNN) -- Saudi Arabia has launched an investigation into its first fatality from the H1N1 Virus as it tries to head off a swine flu epidemic before millions descend for the annual Hajj pilgrimage, health officials said.

The patient -- a 30-year-old man who lived in the country's Eastern Province -- was admitted to a hospital in the city of Dammam last week. He died Saturday.

The man had never traveled outside the country and had no communicable diseases, said Saudi Ministry of Health spokesman Khalid Al-Marghalani.

ref: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/07/29/saudi.swine.flu/index.html?eref=rss_world

Reply #35 - August 02, 2009, 07:33 AM

Isn't the swine flue virus not as fatal as everyone thinks and may be just another seasonal thing ?
     Reply #36 - August 10, 2009, 11:43 AM

loaded question?

it's as fatal as seasonal flu
    but it's not a seasonal flu

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #37 - August 11, 2009, 04:57 AM

Isn't there a bigger chance that a person catches swine flu during hajj and then brings it back to his home country? That being the case, isnt the swine flu during hajj a worldwide problem rather than a Saudi problem?  Just wondering....

It is better to remain quiet and have people think that you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
     Reply #38 - August 11, 2009, 08:50 AM

Yes, Mass gatherings should be banned by UN and enforced! Silly religious mass gathering could be dangerous not only physically by catching flu, but also by poisoning..... mind poisoning that is! wacko

Reply #39 - August 11, 2009, 11:47 AM

(CNN) -- Saudi Arabia has launched an investigation into its first fatality from the H1N1 Virus as it tries to head off a swine flu epidemic before millions descend for the annual Hajj pilgrimage, health officials said.

The patient -- a 30-year-old man who lived in the country's Eastern Province -- was admitted to a hospital in the city of Dammam last week. He died Saturday.

The man had never traveled outside the country and had no communicable diseases, said Saudi Ministry of Health spokesman Khalid Al-Marghalani.

ref: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/07/29/saudi.swine.flu/index.html?eref=rss_world

I was wondering when this would be the case, the swine flu has reached god's holy land...I wonder how many bubbles burst. They should really stop mass gatherings, I agree, not only will this be bad for saudi where all the exchange will happen, but then it will be taken away from there to countries worldwide.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »