Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Swine flu may force Muslims to abandon Haj pilgrimage to Mecca!

(Read 7726 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Swine flu may force Muslims to abandon Haj pilgrimage to Mecca!
     OP - July 23, 2009, 03:03 AM

Swine flu may force Muslims to abandon Haj pilgrimage to Mecca:

The annual Haj pilgrimage to Mecca could be under threat because of swine flu.

Britain today joined a growing list of countries in the MIddle East and Africa to issue advice to Muslim pilgrims not to travel to Saudi Arabia if they are elderly, pregnant, very young or have a long-term medical condition that may leave them more vulnerable to the disease.

The advice, issued by the UK?s Association of British Hujjaj (Pilgrims), follows a recommendation by Saudi health officials that anyone travelling to Mecca or Medina should receive the seasonal flu vaccine at least two weeks before their visit.

The Saudi authorities also said that pregnant women, children, chronically ill and elderly people should skip the Haj this year.

Ref: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article6721743.ece

• Re: Swine flu may force Muslims to abandon Haj pilgrimage to Mecca!
     Reply #1 - July 23, 2009, 04:45 AM

Damn, that means an extra 36 million next year.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - July 23, 2009, 04:57 AM

yeah! you're right Osman.parrot

Reply #3 - July 23, 2009, 07:37 AM

You'd think Allah would at least protect them from swine flu when performing their holy pilgramage

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - July 23, 2009, 07:45 AM

Allah could not protect a women from being groped few meters away from Kaaba, I doubt he could save 2 million people! Old geezer

Reply #5 - July 23, 2009, 07:52 AM

Actually when you think about anything in the world you immediately discover that God is no where to be found. They say Jesus healed the sick! Why can't God heal the sick now? Is God dead? Where is he? If he can heal the sick, why the world is full of sick children? Is God Sadistic? How can these idiot religious people miss these facts? idiot2

Reply #6 - July 23, 2009, 08:38 AM

Allah could not protect a women from being groped few meters away from Kaaba, I doubt he could save 2 million people! Old geezer

source?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #7 - July 23, 2009, 09:33 AM

source?

Myself, unfortunately!!

I witnessed that with my own eyes long time a go...

It happened in Mecca during the tawaff. At first it appeared as if it was pick-pocketing, or at least that's what my late father have told me then when I described it in details back at the hotel. I remember asking him how come Allah did not turn him into a stone or hit him with a lightning or something to that effect!! If he steals in the vicinity of the Holy Kaaba? Of course Father told me that he will be punished later in Youm Al-Hissab.

The guy (who looked like an Imam of a mosque, was havily built and bush-bearded) was actually feeling the buttocks of the woman walking in front of him... now of course I know that pick-pocketing is done in a way that the victim should not be aware of it, as my wallet once was nicked in Eygpt and I did not feel a thing.

Now I wonder, why did not the woman just scream or slapped him but instead just hurried and disappeared in the crowd? Was it a taboo to talk about it then? Did she not believe what he was doing and just decided to let it go?

Reply #8 - July 23, 2009, 09:53 AM

Now I wonder, why did not the woman just scream or slapped him but instead just hurried and disappeared in the crowd? Was it a taboo to talk about it then? Did she not believe what he was doing and just decided to let it go?

Perhaps she thought it was the hand of Allah?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - July 23, 2009, 10:57 AM

Cheesy

Reply #10 - July 23, 2009, 03:22 PM

source?

Mona Eltahawy is an award-winning syndicated columnist and an international public speaker on Arab and Muslim issues. She is based in New York. ...

Shame and Sexual Harassment in Egypt
    Tuesday, July 29th, 2008
    NEW YORK ? When I was only 4 years-old, and still living in Cairo, a man exposed himself to me as I stood on a balcony at my family?s home, and gestured for me to come down.

At 15, I was groped as I was performing the rites of the Haj pilgrimage at Mecca, the holiest site for Muslims. Every part of my body was covered except for my face and hands. I?d never been groped before and burst into tears, but I was too ashamed to explain to my family what had happened.
    During my 20s, when I had returned to Cairo and wore the hijab, a way of dressing which again covers everything but the face and the hands, I was groped so many times that whenever I passed a group of men I?d place my bag between me and them. Headphones helped block out the disgusting things men ? and even boys barely in their teens ? hissed at me.

I learned to push and punch those whose hands thought my body was fair game, but I never found anything to soothe the burning violation. So imagine how much sharper that violation stung when I tried to complain to the police only to be shooed away ? or when it was their hands which groped me.

Once, a riot policeman fondled my breast while he was pushing back a group of us journalists at the trial of an opposition politician. I yelled at him, and I complained to his supervising officer, who moved him to the back row of riot police and told me ?Nevermind.?

Bolded by me.

More here :

http://www.monaeltahawy.com/blog/?p=63

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #11 - July 23, 2009, 05:31 PM

At 15, I was groped as I was performing the rites of the Haj pilgrimage at Mecca, the holiest site for Muslims. Every part of my body was covered except for my face and hands. I?d never been groped before and burst into tears, but I was too ashamed to explain to my family what had happened.

That was exactly what I witnessed as a little boy! And you would think that God would not allow this to happen near the supposedly holiest place on earth according to Muslims!!

George Carlin:

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the r?sum? of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a shit. Doesn't give a shit, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

Reply #12 - July 23, 2009, 07:45 PM

RIBS, is it possible that this is the woman that you saw being groped as you performed Hajj??

Reply #13 - July 24, 2009, 03:11 AM

I am sure there are thousands of similar cases. They just do't admit it... I guess it could be a sort of kinky perverted sexual pleasure by these predators. Think about it sex near Kaaba! Just like sex in public places or in the air on a plane. However, this case was rape or molestation and not sex between couples!

The chance that it was the same woman I think is very little or none given that there are millions of people who are there at the same time.

The one I witnessed was in 1979, if this reporter was at that time in Han then it could be her...

Reply #14 - July 24, 2009, 05:38 AM

[sort of off-topic] That there journalist is awesomely cute and smoochable. parrot
    Wouldn't grope her unless she wanted me to though. [/sort of off-topic]

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #15 - July 24, 2009, 07:04 AM

Where was this LINK? I like stories like these.
     Reply #16 - July 26, 2009, 06:48 AM

That was exactly what I witnessed as a little boy! And you would think that God would not allow this to happen near the supposedly holiest place on earth according to Muslims!!

George Carlin:

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

In Islam we recognize God as the creator who created us to worship him, not as our father who sent his son to die for our sins.

As god is merciful he is wrathful. But his mercy precedes his wrath.

For the subject of Money God does not need money or anything from humans. Institutions need money, and that includes Governmental Islamic ones.

If you really think that god will give you something while sitting there and doing nothing you have quite a misconception of what worship is.

Reply #17 - July 26, 2009, 06:52 AM

Whoever did this would be judged would he not under Islamic understanding? Clearly if you are going to Mecca to grope woman you are clearly one lonely misguided bastard.
     Reply #18 - July 26, 2009, 09:01 PM

shadowq8, the point is that people are allowed to go to Mecca to do this, right? Okay your going to say no because it is haraam and so Muslims, by their own conscience, shouldn't be doing this. But that's besides the point, isn't it? Some pervert could be reading this right now contemplating going to Mecca to grope women because they know they will get away with it. They know they will get away with it because if a female victim was to complain, nobody would listen to her.

Reminds me of a court case in a Muslim country where they threw out a rape case "because Muslims don't rape people"  Roll Eyes

Reply #19 - July 27, 2009, 01:43 AM

You are going to arrest someone in a mass of 2 million people ? Plus this is a reason to have a mahram with you in haj.

Regarding the court case that is screwed up what country is that?
     Reply #20 - July 27, 2009, 03:08 PM

All I can see happening if you have a mehram with you is a fight breaking out.

Reply #21 - July 27, 2009, 03:27 PM

Just tried to search for which country the rape case was thrown out but I can't find it. I might have read about it on the forum so somebody on the forum could know what I'm talking about?

Reply #22 - July 27, 2009, 03:38 PM

People falling ill/dying on Haj was another thing I remember struggling with as a Muslim.  At the very least, you would have thought God would intervene and stop people suffering purely because they decided to go on a pilgramage for him?

Anyone else go through this train of thought as a Muslim or was it just me?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - July 27, 2009, 03:54 PM

People falling ill/dying on Haj was another thing I remember struggling with as a Muslim.  At the very least, you would have thought God would intervene and stop people suffering purely because they decided to go on a pilgramage for him?

Well, when the person doing the pilgrimage bites the dust, I think in that case God kind of puts an end to his suffering, because, you know, God will have a cool spot ready and waiting for him in heaven. Cheesy

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #24 - July 28, 2009, 02:58 AM

Is it not ironic that the pig is fighting back Muslims after launching a 2000 years old war on it's meat? They say it is filthy and that Jews were ancestors of Monkeys and Swines etc etc...

Now the pig is preventing them from one of the main pillars of Islam, the Haj!  whistling2

Reply #25 - July 28, 2009, 03:07 AM

Cheesy  Viva la Pig

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - July 28, 2009, 03:08 AM

God will have a cool spot ready and waiting for him in heaven.

Oh yeah, I remember that - is that in the hadith or is it another  False hadith.

Rashna come back.  All is forgiven.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #27 - July 29, 2009, 01:40 PM

People falling ill/dying on Haj was another thing I remember struggling with as a Muslim.  At the very least, you would have thought God would intervene and stop people suffering purely because they decided to go on a pilgramage for him?

If anything I thought it would be an honour to die whilst performing Hajj.

Reply #28 - July 29, 2009, 02:27 PM

If anything I thought it would be an honour to die whilst performing Hajj.

Cheesy  You really were suckered into it werent you? 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - July 29, 2009, 02:41 PM

At first, yes. But I became very assertive very quickly. I questioned everything. I could tell that Imaams didn't enjoy my company, unless I kept silent. Once I was even talking to a friend though he was considered quite knowledgable in the community and in passing we spoke about the permissability of studying philosophy. Suddenly he got very pissed off and said, "you asked me a question and I answered it. If your intention was to disobey me then you shouldn't have approached me in the first place". That really shocked me...

Anyway I digress. Even when I was assertive, I still didn't see a problem with people dying whilst on Hajj. I would have had just as much problem about people dying at all, wherever they were, if I had a problem with people dying at Hajj, because I didn't believe Allah lived in Mecca, but that he couldn't have a physical location and that spiritually he was just as much in Mecca as anywhere else in the universe. If it is the fact that Hajj is something that pleases Allah and people died even whilst they were pleasing Allah which bothered you, then what about people who die whilst praying salaah or when going to pay Zakah? Or did you think nobody could ever die whilst praying/going to pay Zakah? Or did you equally have a problem with people dying in these other circumstances as well as dying whilst doing Hajj?

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »