Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Loving Muhammad

(Read 4643 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Loving Muhammad
     OP - June 14, 2009, 07:11 AM

Hi,

Could somebody please do me a favour and post a link for the hadith regarding the love for Muhammad that Muslims must have. I can't find them for the life of me!

Thanks!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Re: Loving Muhammad
     Reply #1 - June 14, 2009, 08:57 AM

You (Muhammed) have attained a great blessing from your Lord; you are not crazy. You have attained a recompense that is well deserved. You are blessed with a great moral character. (Quran 68:1-4)

I know this is not what you asked for, but something I found in relation to the question.  Considering that there was no Angel Gibriel, and he wrote it himself,  I love the bit about calling himself not "crazy" and "blessed with a great moral character". 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - June 14, 2009, 08:58 AM

You (Muhammed) have attained a great blessing from your Lord; you are not crazy. You have attained a recompense that is well deserved. You are blessed with a great moral character. (Quran 68:1-4)

I know this is not what you asked for, but something I found in relation to the question.  Considering that there was no Angel Gibriel, and he wrote it himself,  I love the bit about calling himself not "crazy" and "blessed with a great moral character". 

Cheers mate, nice one. Its all relevant!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #3 - June 14, 2009, 09:03 AM

what do you need it for?

here are 2 more from the Quran itself:)

Never would a human being whom God, blessed with the scripture and prophet hood say to people, "Idolize me beside God."  Instead, (he would say), "Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone," according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn." (Quran 3:79) 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - June 14, 2009, 09:48 AM

what do you need it for?

here are 2 more from the Quran itself:)

Never would a human being whom God, blessed with the scripture and prophet hood say to people, "Idolize me beside God."  Instead, (he would say), "Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone," according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn." (Quran 3:79) 

Cheers,

I was just having a discussion with somebody at work about loving the prophet, and I was arguing that how is it possible to love somebody who you have never met, and only ever read/heard about more than your own parents or partner.

Reply #5 - June 14, 2009, 10:07 AM

Hi,

Could somebody please do me a favour and post a link for the hadith regarding the love for Muhammad that Muslims must have. I can't find them for the life of me!

Thanks!

"None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all the people." (Bukhari, 15; Muslim, 44)
     Reply #6 - June 14, 2009, 10:11 AM

how is it possible to love somebody who you have never met, and only ever read/heard about more than your own parents or partner.

Precisely!

It is clearly impossible - and simply forces Muslims to just pay 'lip service' to loving the prophet without any genuine love there - since genuine love cannot be turned on when one is commanded to.

But Muslims feel they have to say they love the prophet more than their family - because that's what they are expected to do.

And just like the crowd watching the Emperor in his new clothes, everyone is too afraid to say what they really think and feel, for fear of being accused of being a 'bad' Muslim.

Reply #7 - June 14, 2009, 10:12 AM

"None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him that his father, his child and all the people." (Bukhari, 15; Muslim, 44)

That's the one! Thanks Hassan! The geezer was telling me that nowhere does it say to love Muhammad more than your own parents!

Hassan, I salute you!

May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman.

Reply #8 - June 14, 2009, 10:14 AM

Precisely!

It is clearly impossible - and simply forces Muslims to just pay 'lip service' to loving the prophet without any genuine love there - since genuine love cannot be turned on when one is commanded to.

That command to 'love' the prophet more than my kids, family etc... always annoyed me too. Though I too paid 'lip service' to this - because that's what we were expected to do.

And just like the crowd watching the Emperor in his new clothes, everyone was too afraid to say what they really thought and felt.

That is all it is. Lip service. People just say that because they have to say that. I would be very surprised if there is anyone in the whole world who, deep down in their heart, loves Muhammad more than their real loved ones.

Reply #9 - June 14, 2009, 10:15 AM

That's the one! Thanks Hassan! The geezer was telling me that nowhere does it say to love Muhammad more than your own parents!

Hassan, I salute you!

May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman.

lol... live long and prosper my friend  grin12
     Reply #10 - June 14, 2009, 10:29 AM

Here's an article on the "Islam Q&A" website, about why Muslims must love the Prophet more than themselves and family etc...

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14250/love%20prophet

It relates this hadith which just shows the stupidity of the command to love Muhammad. Umar declares that he loves the prophet more than anything apart from himself. Muhammad reprimands him that he must love him MORE than he loves himself. So Umar replies that he does. Wow! Amazing turnaround in a matter of a split second.

It was narrated that ?Abd-Allaah ibn Hishaam said: We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was holding the hand of ?Umar ibn al-Khattaab. ?Umar said to him: ?O Messenger of Allaah, you are dearer to me than everything except my own self.? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ?No, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, not until I am dearer to you than your own self.? ?Umar said to him: ?Now, by Allaah, you are dearer to me than my own self.? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ?Now (you are a true believer), O ?Umar.? Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6257.

Reply #11 - June 17, 2009, 04:46 AM

A: Honey do you love me ?

B: Yes I love you darling

A: How much do you love me ?

B: More than the stars in the nightsky and the sun at day time.

A: Do you love me more than yourself ?

B: Honey, I cant answer that after all if I didnt take care of myself, how would I love you ?

A: I want a divorce!! You are a bad husband.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »