Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 2 BNP MEPs - What does this mean for the future?

(Read 24423 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: 2 BNP MEPs - What does this mean for the future?
     Reply #120 - August 14, 2009, 05:13 PM

US white supremacist banned from UK before BNP's annual summer party http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6796577.ece

P.S Mods is there a way of renaming the hyperlink, so I can show the title of the article instead of the characters of the URL

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #121 - August 14, 2009, 05:21 PM

"The Home Office confirmed that Mr Wiginton was not allowed into the country as his presence may not have been conducive to the public good."

Since when did the government ever care about the public good?
     Reply #122 - August 14, 2009, 05:23 PM

If the Govt. cared even a jolt, they would have called a election a long time ago.

I am personally not comfortable with people being barred from UK for their views.

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #123 - August 14, 2009, 09:41 PM

Well, I were surely comfortable with the Westborro baptist idiots from being banned entry to the UK.

I agree with keeping out such people who would be hateful against any group of minors living in the UK.

We keep hearing about how Jack Straw or the French government have mentioned the veil and our doing so puts us in the same boat as them. How so? I want a ban on the burka, neqab and child veiling.

you can either defend women or you must defend Islam. You can’t defend both

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #124 - August 14, 2009, 09:49 PM

It doesn't matter to me.

Freedom of speech is just that to me.
    They have the right to be assholes under a liberal democracy.

It is a slippery slope and not something i trust the Govt. with.

I would have allowed them all in if i was in charge.

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #125 - August 14, 2009, 10:38 PM

I agree with Meredith and Frollo, and I understand that you have really strong views against the BNP Ex-Hindu (I personally am apathetic towards them because I don't see them as a formidible force) but I don't think we (and by we I mean the home secretary and the home office) should keep out anyone regardless of what their views are. The only people we should keep out are those with criminal convictions and known and established links to criminals and criminal organisations. Thus I would even argue for the entry of the most firebrand Islamic cleric as long as they have no links to any terrorist organisations, unfortunately, they usually do. Writing articles on Stormfront is not the same as being best friends with Brunn or any other White Nationalist criminal. Many people even in Britain write comments and articles on Stormfront every single day, but we can't charge them with a crime.

I was also dissappointed when Michael Savage was barred, he is a retard and a half, but he isn't a criminal.

By the way, any argument about "country safety" because a certain group might get offended and riot and loot and fight really gets me riled up. We are all reponsible for our own actions, I don't care if someone said that you're grandfather didn't die in the holocaust, you punching him is you punching him.

Ergo the only reason we as a civilised and enlightened nation full of free though, free actions and free speech should bar anyone from entry is due to their criminal past or present. Not because of their views, not because of the actions of some due to community retaliation.

If we bar controversial ideas today, we bar all dissenting ideas tommorrow. Freedom is a slippery slope and we can't choose freedom for the majority and not the minority: "though I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it". Voltaire, no truer words my friend.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #126 - August 14, 2009, 11:11 PM

I'm inclined to agree with you also  Afro  Anyone want to do a poll on it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #127 - August 15, 2009, 11:44 AM

News update for members of COEM, the BNP is in serious financial trouble, it seems that having an elected member or two of the EU parliament doesn't help them financially as we all once thought. If they are willing to admit it as well it's even more serious, here's an email from chairman Nick Griffin:

Dear Friend and Colleague,

I wanted to write to you as soon as I could to thank you personally for putting such great trust in this Party, and in me, by helping us to win seats in the European Parliament.

On behalf of myself and Andrew Brons MEP, let me assure you that we will not let you down; we will be your voice in the belly of the Euro beast, speaking out for British freedom.

As you know we have all worked hard for many years to gain this success, many think our troubles are over now we have made such a huge political breakthrough. Not so! With political success come new challenges and obstacles, and the Party as a whole is suffering acute financial pressure.

Andrew and I will of course be giving the promised 10% of our salaries (pre-tax) to good causes in our constituencies, but the other Euro monies, ?17k for staff and ?4k for offices per month is locked down legally and can only be used for parliamentary work. Any breach of this and we could be de-registered - in effect, the BNP would be banned.

As you know, our affairs, more than any other party, will be scrutinised to death. That's why we have employed an independent professional accountant to act as 'Paying Agent' for us. Unfortunately many in the party don't understand the stringent rules on European finances and wrongly think that the party is now financially well off!
    #This is not only incorrect but it has led to the central Party now being under incredible pressure. In short, we are cash strapped. We threw everything we had at the Election Campaign, and why not, we won didn't we! But our success has unleashed the furies of hell against us, now our very existence is being challenged, and it is costing us dear!

To send an urgent gift online: https://secure.bnp.org.uk/donate/
    To send an urgent gift by telephone ring: 0871 0500 234

THE WOMAN WHO WANTS
    TO CLOSE US DOWN
    Harriet Harman is the current deputy-leader of the Labour Party and minister for "equalities". In the late 1970s Harman was the "legal officer" for the "National Council for Civil Liberties" which was heavily involved with two pro-paedophile groups, the Paedophile Information Exchange and Paedophile Action for Liberation. She only disassociated from these groups in 1982 when she ran for Parliament in Peckham. Harman is a rampant "feminist" who harbours highly negative views of fathers and marriage and despises the role of the family in society. Harman used to sport t-shirts stating: "This is what a feminist looks like!" Despite standing for "equality", Harman was the person who made it legal to discriminate on grounds of race - as long as it was ethnics who benefited. It was Harman who proposed excepting MP's from the Freedom of Information Act so that their expenses could remain secret. Harman is the chief driving force behind the attempt to criminalise the BNP's British-only membership policy. 
    Precisely because of our political success we are now fighting for our very existence! The anti-British 'Equalities Commission' is running a legal campaign to destroy our Party. Added to this deadly danger is the equally serious threat by Simon Woolley of 'Operation Black Vote' to force his people on us to flood the party in order to take it over and destroy it. We will be discussing this threat and how we respond to it at the RWB next month.

The impact of these attacks on central finances is severe, as we have had to buy in the services of expensive legal experts just to survive as a party.

Be clear on this: if you don't give, we can't fight? if we don't fight we're shut down. They win and the British people are left voiceless and at the mercy of the PC, multicultural fanatics who hate all we hold dear. It's that brutal. We are the last bastion for the rights of the indigenous British majority, if they break us our people will be left defenceless!

Our current situation certainly is not good and remember that we have a General Election to fight in less than 10 months, so we need to keep our infrastructure in 'fine working order if we are to survive never mind securing an even more dramatic victory at Westminster next year. I know how generous everybody has been over the last year, that's why I did not want to send you a simple fundraising appeal e-bulletin.

I have written to you like this to ask you personally to help your party out of these current difficulties. The situation is thus: we spent nearly ?600,000 during the elections; we were careful and budgeted well, investing in assets as well as the campaign itself. But these attacks on our very existence are placing an intolerable strain on us and I need you to help me get through this difficult period. We need ?150,000 to keep the wolves at bay and to ensure our survival!

THE MAN WHO WANTS
    TO CLOSE US DOWN
    Trevor Phillips, who epitomises immigrant arrogance, is head of the absurdly named "Equalities & Human Rights Commission". Phillips started in politics as a leftwing student in London. In 1998 he co-wrote the book "Windrush: Irresistible Rise of Multi-Racial Britain". When Barrack Obama was elected president in America, Phillips claimed that the same could not happen here because of "institutional racism" and complained that native British people make up "all but 10% of the population" of the British Isles. Trevor Phillips was known to have a bust of the Communist tyrant and mass-murderer Lenin on his desk. Phillips is also listed on the offensive website, "100 Great Black Britons.com". Trevor and his motley gang of leftwing anti-British cretins have declared they want to criminalise the BNP's British-only membership policy. 
    I know you love your country and your commitment to our cause is beyond reproach and that's why I am asking you in earnest to give as generously as you can right now to keep the party machine rolling on in defence of our constitution and right to exist.

Over the last year we have built a political powerbase that has astounded the Establishment and as you know, it has worked! We now have two MEPs, and a vital county council breakthrough - unimaginable even 2 years ago - but top flight campaigning and administration while delivering results also sends out the signal that the BNP are a real 'threat' to the status quo and that's why we are now under such serious attack.

So, today we stand at the crossroads of history. Do we pull together and go on to greater electoral success or do we scale back our operation and go back to being a 'Fringe Party'? Only you and how you respond to this email can decide the future direction and survival of our party.

By digging deeper than ever before you will be making a statement that you are with me on our journey to even greater success and ultimately Westminster.

I will never let you down, you have my solemn word on this, right now I really need your help to get us out of the pit that our enemies are digging for us.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #128 - August 15, 2009, 11:52 AM

Awesome. Couldn't happen to nicer people. popcorn

Love some of the language in that letter. I almost expect him to start ranting about thousand year reichs and stuff. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #129 - August 15, 2009, 12:21 PM

Despite their best attempts at sounding friendly and self-preservationalist they still sound very scary.

Well, at least this email gives those who have been worried about BNP successes something to cheer about, and those who support them something to think about.

Reply #130 - August 15, 2009, 12:43 PM

should keep out anyone regardless of what their views are. The only people we should keep out are those with criminal convictions and known and established links to criminals and criminal organisations.

Most of the people who are in the BNP party are convicted criminals, so why are you not opposed to 'keeping them out'?

http://www.stopthebnp.org.uk/uncovered/pg07.htm

Or Britain could be like other European countries and illegalise Holocaust denial, in which case Nick Griffin would have been imprisoned by now.

By allowing the BNP freedom to speech, you are allowing free speech by a party of racist criminals who scapegoat minorities to be the cause of Britains problems to brainwash some people of the public, I dont see this as a good thing at all.

We keep hearing about how Jack Straw or the French government have mentioned the veil and our doing so puts us in the same boat as them. How so? I want a ban on the burka, neqab and child veiling.

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #131 - August 15, 2009, 01:37 PM

You're telling me that most of the 10,000 members of the BNP are convicted criminals?

Proof or it's not true.

They are allowed freedom of speech because of the same reason you are. You are offended by their ethno nationalist speech and rhetoric, that's why you want them silenced

How many Muslims are offended by your anti-Islamic rhetoric, should you be silenced also?

It's a slippery slope, it may start with them but it will end with you.

Reply #132 - August 15, 2009, 05:48 PM

Or Britain could be like other European countries and illegalise Holocaust denial, in which case Nick Griffin would have been imprisoned by now.

By allowing the BNP freedom to speech, you are allowing free speech by a party of racist criminals who scapegoat minorities to be the cause of Britains problems to brainwash some people of the public, I dont see this as a good thing at all.

Watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kllkLhRsnbo&feature=related
     Reply #133 - August 15, 2009, 06:16 PM

Hm. Ok. So we ban the BNP...

For a start, the far-right, who would gain more sympathy than they already have, would not only continue to grow, but be confined to other means of organisation and paths of action. Since they are outlawed, these would necessarily be illegal and/or violent. Furthermore, banning them would be a good way to convince large sections of the country that they are indeed disenfranchised by multiculturalism. Moreover, it would also represent a further erosion of democracy (why couldn't the government could go on to ban any party they wanted to?).

Besides, racism is already part of mainstream discourse. Effectively, it would just give the political and media establishment a monopoly on it.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #134 - August 15, 2009, 06:19 PM

spot on  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #135 - August 24, 2009, 03:34 PM

its about time ..

Legal action over BNP membership
    The UK's equalities watchdog has begun legal action against the British National Party over concerns about ethnic restrictions on its membership.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission said limiting membership to those of an "ethnic origin" described as "indigenous Caucasian" was illegal.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8218397.stm

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #136 - August 24, 2009, 04:24 PM

The Equality and Human Rights Commission said limiting membership to those of an "ethnic origin" described as "indigenous Caucasian" was illegal.

You would think something with the title "Human Rights Commission" would defend the right for a privatly owned party to decide who can and who can't join it's memberlist.
     Reply #137 - August 28, 2009, 07:35 PM

You're telling me that most of the 10,000 members of the BNP are convicted criminals?

Proof or it's not true.

They are allowed freedom of speech because of the same reason you are. You are offended by their ethno nationalist speech and rhetoric, that's why you want them silenced

How many Muslims are offended by your anti-Islamic rhetoric, should you be silenced also?

It's a slippery slope, it may start with them but it will end with you.

Proof was in my link, and it doesnt take a genius to realise that the BNP draw on support from racists and hooligans. The Bradford Riots highlighted this problem that was being caused by nationalists in the past.

I myself may oppose religion, but you dont see me running around rioting or harming people based on their beliefs. 

I posted a link of my proof in my earlier post. The BNP was founded by a criminal, and over its existance has grown its support by employing more criminals, white supremecists, and people who have been convicted of racial and other crimes. Now that they have their MEP seats and more popularity from the backs of the people who initially supported them, they toned down their policies, manifestos and public image to be more acceptable, using muslims and immigrants as scapegoats. Unlike atheists, the BNP are not genuinely against muslims, or even immigration, they just use these as scapegoats to draw on support from people who are unaware and apathetic of their past.

The tactics of the BNP are very clever and well thought out to prey on people in times of social and economic crisis to try and convice them to support the BNP. The tactics, the lies, and the amount of wrongness that the BNP use to attract supporters is infinitely beyond a simple atheist saying 'I want to live a secular life in a modern, secular society'. The BNP have not even had any personal issues with people of other races or religion, on the majority they just dislike them out of xenophobia. Their motives are not atheist either, they oppose Islam in Britain, yet they support making Britain a majority Christian country as it used to be - favoring one religion over another is a hypocracy and discrimination that a secular atheist who simply doesnt want any religion at all does not share in any way.
    The BNP are much worse a party then they currently appear to be, and the whole 'they should be allowed free speech and beliefs' opinion is further being abused by the BNP to act as victims against peaceful and actual democratic 'free speech' opposition to a political party!

The BNP are just a complete joke, but apologists who are ignorant to the BNPs history are seemingly becoming an even bigger joke.
    The BNPs same ultimate agenda remains the same as it used to be - 'Britain is for white people only'. Their cause is not a genuine one against religion or immigration as they pretend to be, but it is now just hidden behind their new moderate public agenda.

To compare the BNP in the same way to an Atheist who opposes all religious belief just shows major ignorance on yours or anyone elses behalf who think that the two are the same, or have the same motives. The BNP party couldnt care less what religion someone is, if they are a coloured minority, then that is the only genuine thing that they dislike about that person.

- Maryam Namaze
     Reply #138 - September 17, 2009, 12:50 PM

I am a white Englishwoman. I don't have a vote, because I don't live in Britain any more. But I still have a lot of links with Britain and an interest in British politics.

I don't personally know well anyone who supports the BNP, but I can understand where some of the people who vote for the BNP are probably coming from. The people who run the BNP are a different matter: they are the ideological descendent of Oswald Mosley's pre-war British Union of Fascists. They were even nastier then that the BNP are now.

One of the problems I see in contemporary Britain is that there is still a separation between people of different ethnicity. Suppose you go along a street and in No.1 you have White "indigenous" people, in No. 2 you have Muslims from Somalia, in No. 3 you have black people of Caribbean descent, in No. 4 you have Hindus of Indian descent, in No. 5 you have Muslims of Pakistani descent, in No. 6 You have a mixed race atheist couple (not that this is such a likely scenario). Now they may possibly say "Good morning" to one another if they meet in the street, but how much cultural contact will there be? Isn't it likely that they will each move within their own ghettos?

Ask yourself why people cling to a particular culture.  Don't Muslim and Sikh and Hindu families do that at least as much as white, working class people? The Britain I was born into had very few non-white people at all. I first remember seeing a black person in the street when I was 5. I pointed at him and said something to my mother along the lines that he had a dirty face. such is the naivety of childhood. We are all born to fear and mistrust the other and some of the people who are voting for the BNP are nostalgic for a cosy time when most people looked approximately the same and had a certain amount of common culture. They haven't woken up to the advantages of a multiracial society. I think Britain has to try harder for the sort of integration that allows individual difference but finds plenty of common things to celebrate. Having a Government that is hell bent on segregating children into "faith" schools is going in completely the wrong direction. School is the best prospect for breaking down the barriers.

Free speech is the source of most other freedoms
     Reply #139 - September 17, 2009, 12:54 PM

Excellent post DMB  Afro
     Reply #140 - September 17, 2009, 01:01 PM

Whilst I understand what you are saying DMB, I still think it is excusing ignorance. Most Brits have travelled abroad extensively and have had opportunities to mix with people from other ethnic backgrounds today. But why do we find it so hard to bond as brits rather than constantly emphasising our ethnicity. Their are failures on both sides really. The rise of Wahabi Islam in recent years has certainly not helped as more and more south asian Muslims have decided to adopt and assert an Arabised Muslim identity rather than a British Asian one.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #141 - September 17, 2009, 01:09 PM

Well, pakman, most people of whatever ethnicity are pretty ignorant. Travel doesn't always broaden the mind. It can be very superficial. Do you think that a fortnight on the Costa Brava getting sunburned and sloshed and eating paella and chips will make much difference to what is inside someone's head?

I despair of all the British people I read about at the moment who have retired to Spain and are now finding that their British pensions don't help them all that much. The ones who may have lived there for 20 years but have never learned Spanish and can't interact with the natives.

Ignorance needs to be addressed, but I'm not sure how it should be tackled. Do you have any ideas?

Reply #142 - September 17, 2009, 01:10 PM

why do we find it so hard to bond as brits rather than constantly emphasising our ethnicity

Race and religion are the oldest and most common way of separating humans into different groups. Nationality is another comparatively more recent one.

I guess the underlying cause is the human need to be part of a 'group' - to feel a sense of belonging, community, shared ideals, support, comfort, that they are "right" or "better" than others, "saved" and so on...

I don't think the answer is to create yet another group or impose another set of ideas of what's really "right" - but rather to learn to accept, live with and tolerate difference.

Though there will be some things that cannot be tolerated of course and that's where we do have to learn to agree and come together.
     Reply #143 - September 17, 2009, 01:19 PM

Hassan, how do you get over the initial mistrust and fear? I was lucky in my generation to spend some of my teenage years in colonial Singapore, where my father was stationed in the army. I was able to interact with children of different races without thinking anything of it. When I returned to an all-white society in England I found it rather parochial and stifling. By the 1960s, when I was a young adult, it was possible to meet a few more people of different ethnic backgrounds. But I must say that my mother, and her family, were all racist. I got told off for having friends of different colours.

Reply #144 - September 17, 2009, 01:24 PM

You do it by introducing them as kids before they realise they're supposed to despise each other.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #145 - September 17, 2009, 01:31 PM

I think multiculturalism furthers racism and ethnic seperation-I've always been in favour of strong integration and our current system of multiculturalism creates an "us" versus "them" within a member of the groups mentality

Whether it's a majority or a minority.

Of course, I'm not saying this is the only reason for seperation-but it does massively aid it.

Reply #146 - September 17, 2009, 06:55 PM

Hassan, how do you get over the initial mistrust and fear? I was lucky in my generation to spend some of my teenage years in colonial Singapore, where my father was stationed in the army. I was able to interact with children of different races without thinking anything of it. When I returned to an all-white society in England I found it rather parochial and stifling. By the 1960s, when I was a young adult, it was possible to meet a few more people of different ethnic backgrounds. But I must say that my mother, and her family, were all racist. I got told off for having friends of different colours.

That's why I would rather see a multi-racial and multi-ethnic society. Kids see other races and religions early on in school and out of school and know in a natural way that hatful stereotypes are false and that 'People are people'.

I used to live in the London Borough of Brent and for all the inner city problems I liked it much better than white mono-culture part of Oxford I live where racism is rife.

Smiley
     Reply #147 - September 17, 2009, 06:59 PM

I think multiculturalism furthers racism and ethnic seperation-I've always been in favour of strong integration and our current system of multiculturalism creates an "us" versus "them" within a member of the groups mentality

Whether it's a majority or a minority.

Of course, I'm not saying this is the only reason for seperation-but it does massively aid it.

Multicultral communities do NOT necessarily mean that they are not integrated.

Have you ever walked down Golborne Road in and other parts of Notting Hill or Willesden or Brixton etc... and seen how so many ethnic communities do mix and share in each others culture.

I know some don't - but many do.

I personally love the multicultural areas of London - and miss them greatly here in a very 'white' and mono-culture area of Oxford which breeds a great deal of nasty Chav racism.
     Reply #148 - September 17, 2009, 08:50 PM

Well, it might depend on who you are.

I personally hate living in the multicultural parts of Nottingham and I hated living in Acton back in the day. I enjoy living in country Suffolk-it's not about racialism either, 2 of my neighbours are Afro-Carribeans and 1 is Polish and 1 is SriLankan, but I think they enjoy living in a traditional English area.

Maybe it's me and it all depends on experience.

But just my opinion.

Reply #149 - September 21, 2009, 02:33 PM

The fact that 2 racist thugs got into the Euro parliament says nothing for the future, they only got in because lots of people didn't vote and there is a lesson there, vote and they'le be out come the next election. Where ever these people have won seats, ie, local councils is because others didn't vote.
    They actually got less votes this time round.
    arthur.
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »