Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Nifty Firefox add-ons.

(Read 13652 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Nifty Firefox add-ons.
     OP - May 29, 2009, 10:44 AM

These are cool. Personas for Firefox - Dress up your web browser

Hadn't seen these before but I'm sold on them. You can skin up your Firefox with all sort of stuff really fast. Grab new ones from an icon in your status bar too. Check them out if you haven't already. I'm currently running this one, which is rather spiffy innit.  cool2

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Nifty Firefox add-ons.
     Reply #1 - May 29, 2009, 11:51 AM

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #2 - May 29, 2009, 12:12 PM

I love this! Firefox is so much better than IE.
     Reply #3 - May 29, 2009, 12:20 PM

I'm sure someone will make a Borat one just for atheist.pk. Cheesy

I'm doing this version of FF up with some fun stuff I hadn't tried before.
    Usually I just run web dev stuff but I just found another two killer add-ons.

FoxTab

Cooliris

I'm running these on FF 3.5 Beta 4 and they don't seem to slow it down at all.

ETA: And let's be honest here. A bucket of rancid pig guts is better than IE. popcorn

Reply #4 - May 29, 2009, 12:54 PM

Ok, I just took Cooliris to DeviantArt and it's awesome.
    Get that one and install it, then take it here: http://www.deviantart.com/
    You can turn it on by hovering over one of the pics on their front page and clicking the icon that appears, then enjoy the show. I found it was best if the wall angle was tuned right down and the scroll speed taken down to about a quarter. Full on both is way too much.

Reply #5 - May 29, 2009, 01:15 PM

Nice! Cool
    Firefox indeed is way better than IE! Cool

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExMuslims
    Council of Ex-Muslims of the Netherlands will be back!

Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change te world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
     Reply #6 - May 31, 2009, 12:11 AM

Oi! Check this one out.  bunny

Speed Dial.

This one adds a feature that I always liked about Opera, but does it even better. You can set it up so that when you open a new tab all your favourite sites are displayed in a handy format. You can choose how many sites you want to show on each page, and you can group them on separate pages. You can also edit the looks of each page, including adding wallpapers from your desktop. I've attached a some screenshots. The first is my default page and the second is my online and offline test sites.  grin12   

Reply #7 - December 29, 2009, 06:22 AM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bunny bunny bunny bunny

I finally found an add-on that gets rid of the stupid title bar across the top of the page. You know, the silly one that tells you which page you are on in case you are too retarded to figure it out yourself. Bloody waste of screen space innit.

This sucker fixes it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9256  Max screen real estate FTW.  parrot

Only catch is it completely gets rid of the frame so you can't resize your window by dragging the edges, but I have Web Developer installed anyway so I just use that for resizing. Piece of cake.

ETA: Oh yeah screenshot n stuff.

Reply #8 - January 01, 2010, 07:15 AM

HighOctane just mentioned a good one: LeechBlock

LeechBlock is a simple productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day. (You know: the ones that rhyme with 'Blue Cube', 'Pie Face', 'Space Hook', 'Hash Pot', 'Sticky Media', and the like.) All you need to do is specify which sites to block and when to block them.

You can specify up to six sets of sites to block, with different times and days for each set. You can block sites within fixed time periods (e.g., between 9am and 5pm), after a time limit (e.g., 10 minutes in every hour), or with a combination of time periods and time limit (e.g., 10 minutes in every hour between 9am and 5pm). You can also set a password for access to the extension options, just to slow you down in moments of weakness!

Reply #9 - January 01, 2010, 09:15 AM

Nice, I'll give them a go.

Some I use and recommend:
    - NoScript: Blocks CPU hogging scripts. Also keeps you safe from malicious scripts.
    - Flashbock: Block those annoying adds! Unless you really want to lose weight/get ripped/play evony/collect your million dollar prize
    - Define: Allows you to highlight a text and search "Define: xyz" in google. Good for people like me who have bad vocabulary
    - Flagfox: check the country of a URL beside the address bar. Good for ensuring you're not using a website in an unexpected location. E.g. a "British" shop or bank based in China/Russia ...
    - Grab and drag: Nice to drag around a page like Adobe Acrobat reader for PDF when viewing a large image e.g. Tube Map.
    - gTranslate: highlight and translate instantly
    - WiseStamp: Stamp nice email sigs on your online email e.g. Gmail.

That's all folks!

Reply #10 - January 01, 2010, 12:45 PM

I finally found an add-on that gets rid of the stupid title bar across the top of the page. You know, the silly one that tells you which page you are on in case you are too retarded to figure it out yourself. Bloody waste of screen space innit.

Didn't work for me :( Did I do something wrong or is it cause I use Windows 7?
     Reply #11 - January 01, 2010, 07:06 PM

Sometimes certain plugins can be outdated with the version of Firefox
     Reply #12 - January 01, 2010, 10:03 PM

Me and Os are both using the latest one (3.6 I think it was)
     Reply #13 - January 02, 2010, 12:36 AM

Dunno. I'm running XP so I can't test how it goes with 7. It's an unapproved add-on so may still be a bit buggy, and 3.6 beta 5 is bound to have one or two bugs hiding in it as well. When I first installed that title bar remover my bookmarks were playing up a bit when saving new ones or moving existing ones, but it seems to have sorted itself out. If it doesn't work for you grumble at the developer.  Afro

Reply #14 - January 02, 2010, 01:15 AM

I'm not too bothered. I still prefer Chrome, I'm too used to used to some of its handy features which FF doesn't match up to yet. Also it doesn't take 10 years to load Tongue  I like simple Wink
     Reply #15 - January 02, 2010, 02:00 AM

I want this Chrome Frame thing to take off. Best way of kneecapping Internet Explorer that anyone has come up with yet. I'm pushing the idea of putting the meta tag in SMF by default for future releases. dance

Reply #16 - January 02, 2010, 02:03 AM

I want it to take off too, also wish FF would work on it's speed.
     Reply #17 - January 02, 2010, 02:11 AM

They are. 3.6 is faster than 3.5 which is faster than 3.0.........

Initial load times for a completely cold start are still a bit creaky but that doesn't bother me as I'm usually doing something else while it fires up. Once it is running I find it is pretty much as fast as anything else.

Reply #18 - March 28, 2010, 02:51 AM

K, just installed another one. This is an excellent video ripper. Once the vid has loaded on your browser this thing saves it to desktop in half a second with one click. I love it.  dance

Download YouTube Videos + 2.1.3

Reply #19 - March 29, 2010, 12:14 AM

This sucker fixes it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9256  Max screen real estate FTW.  parrot

Only catch is it completely gets rid of the frame so you can't resize your window by dragging the edges, but I have Web Developer installed anyway so I just use that for resizing. Piece of cake.

ETA: Oh yeah screenshot n stuff.

Works for me now. Think I was being retarded before.

Are there any add-ons to get rid of the bottom status bar on FF? It just seems a bit useless for it to just sit there. In Chrome it only pops up when needed. I'm quite fussy with how much screenspace browsers take up Tongue

Also in Chrome I can resize textboxes (like the one I'm typing in atm) to whatever size I want by dragging the corner around. Is there any extension for FF that does this? Its incredibly handy and is a big reason why I love Chrome.

If I can get these two extensions I will probably move back to FF.
     Reply #20 - March 29, 2010, 12:19 AM

Status bar is just set like any other toolbar. It's either on or off. I don't know if there is a pop-up add-on for it or not. Never bothers me because I have a 1680x1050 now.  bunny

The resizing of textboxes is a Webkit thing. Mind you it can be added to the forum software for all browsers. SMF 2.0 has that.

Reply #21 - March 29, 2010, 12:21 AM

Have a look yourself: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=status&cat=all

Reply #22 - March 29, 2010, 12:25 AM

Ooh I found an extension that gets rid of that stutus bar!!
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1530

It's still in experimental stages but works fine. Pops up whenever it's active and then diappears. You can view the stutus bar by pressing alt and it disappears again if you click anywhere on the screen.
     Reply #23 - March 29, 2010, 12:26 AM

w00t! I'm going to test this one. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8287  bunny

Reply #24 - March 29, 2010, 12:29 AM

Oh yeah!  Cheesy Hey this rocks. Grab it. Afro

Reply #25 - March 29, 2010, 12:34 AM

OMG it works!! Thanks Os!! Will probably switch back to FF now.

Never bothers me because I have a 1680x1050 now.  bunny

Lucky for some! I still have a shitty old laptop that only does 1024x800.
     Reply #26 - March 29, 2010, 12:39 AM

This is so much better then Chrome, I love it! Nice find Os!
     Reply #27 - March 29, 2010, 12:40 AM

Yeah I only use the lappy as a CPU now. The monitor died and I could buy two 20" monitors for the price of getting the shitty little 1280x800 lappy screen fixed. Much better quality too. I only ever used it as a desktop anyway. Roll Eyes  So that was a no brainer.  Afro Only bought one monitor though. Don't really need two.

Reply #28 - March 29, 2010, 12:45 AM

Oh yeah with that title bar add-on it's really hard to resize your windows because the edge disappears too. I have the Web Developer add-on installed so I just use that when I want to resize a window. Just preset a stack of standard sizes and you're good to go.

Reply #29 - March 29, 2010, 05:20 PM

How to better-then-Chromify your browser:

Tabs on Top
    autoHideStatusbar
    Context Bookmarks
    Hide Caption Titlebar Plus
    TinyMenu
    SpeedDial
    Firefox Personas

End result: