Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Big Bang To Man (Esp. for Shaneequa)

(Read 15774 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Big Bang To Man (Esp. for Shaneequa)
     OP - May 27, 2009, 11:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nLJI2BZIM
  • Re: Big Bang To Man (Esp. for Shaneequa)
     Reply #1 - May 27, 2009, 06:56 PM

Here's your next lesson, Shaneequa Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0UECN4ndA
     Reply #2 - May 27, 2009, 08:36 PM

Oh...no,no,no! You see, science is like a foreign language to me. It requires alot of math...and I don't know trigonometry. And then there are all kinds of dry reading materials with alot of Latin words and no lolspeak or kittehs. You see, I have the "gift" of ADD and, sorry to say, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Reply #3 - May 28, 2009, 01:21 AM

Oh...no,no,no! You see, science is like a foreign language to me. It requires alot of math...and I don't know trigonometry. And then there are all kinds of dry reading materials with alot of Latin words and no lolspeak or kittehs. You see, I have the "gift" of ADD and, sorry to say, you are barking up the wrong tree.

You don't need maths, trigonometry or Latin to understand this.  Nor does it have to be devoid of kittens.   MSinghK

All you have to do is take in the following facts..

1) If a black male cat mates with a black female cat, there is a high probability that their kittens will be black, because the gene for being a black cat is hereditary.

2)  Some kittens will have genetic mutations.  For example, some will have six toes, or odd coloured eyes even though their parents don't.

3)  Most of those mutations will not render the kitten infertile, which means that the mutation can be passed on to the next generation.

4)  Over time, that will lead to variations within  the cat species.

5)  Over a longer time it has led to diverse species within the cat family.

6)  Anyone who has told you to believe differently is breaking the Ninth Commandment. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - May 28, 2009, 06:12 AM

We can do it in lolspeak if you really want us to.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - May 28, 2009, 08:21 PM

You don't need maths, trigonometry or Latin to understand this.  Nor does it have to be devoid of kittens.   MSinghK

All you have to do is take in the following facts..

1) If a black male cat mates with a black female cat, there is a high probability that their kittens will be black, because the gene for being a black cat is hereditary.

2)  Some kittens will have genetic mutations.  For example, some will have six toes, or odd coloured eyes even though their parents don't.

3)  Most of those mutations will not render the kitten infertile, which means that the mutation can be passed on to the next generation.

4)  Over time, that will lead to variations within  the cat species.

5)  Over a longer time it has led to diverse species within the cat family.

6)  Anyone who has told you to believe differently is breaking the Ninth Commandment. 

This may surprise you...but I agree with everything you have said, except the very first part. Eventually, maths will come into these discussions. Someone shows a formula with symbols I do not recognize....and for some reason, there are letters that spell out "sin". I don't know why. One time somebody showed one of these formulas to explain some kind of vacuum theory....and there weren't any kitty cats.   mysmilie_977
     Reply #6 - May 28, 2009, 08:25 PM

We can do it in lolspeak if you really want us to.  Afro

That might help.  parrot
     Reply #7 - May 29, 2009, 03:23 AM

Did you watch the videos, Shaneequa?

There'll be a test!
     Reply #8 - May 29, 2009, 07:47 PM

This may surprise you...but I agree with everything you have said, except the very first part. Eventually, maths will come into these discussions. Someone shows a formula with symbols I do not recognize....and for some reason, there are letters that spell out "sin". I don't know why. One time somebody showed one of these formulas to explain some kind of vacuum theory....and there weren't any kitty cats

Yeah, well this may surprise you back, but I know what you mean about maths and symbols and the rest.   wacko  Not to mention the lack of kittys.

Okay, you've accepted the  6 points I listed above.  Now, bear in mind point 5 in particular.  That point explains why, out of these three critters...

...two of them are first cousins to this guy..

...and the other one is first cousin to this guy.....

See?  Evolution explained with lolcatz.  Charles Darwin would be so proud.   dance

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #9 - June 02, 2009, 09:51 AM

Yeah, well this may surprise you back, but I know what you mean about maths and symbols and the rest.   wacko  Not to mention the lack of kittys.

Okay, you've accepted the  6 points I listed above.  Now, bear in mind point 5 in particular.  That point explains why, out of these three critters...

(Clicky for piccy!)

...two of them are first cousins to this guy..

(Clicky for piccy!)

...and the other one is first cousin to this guy.....

(Clicky for piccy!)

See?  Evolution explained with lolcatz.  Charles Darwin would be so proud.   dance

LOLOLZ! I love you Cheetah.  Cheesy

I agree with the first one, but not the second.
     Reply #10 - June 02, 2009, 09:53 AM

dance

I agree with the first one, but not the second.

So to clarify - you do accept evolution for all other species on earth, you just don't think humans evolved?

Reply #11 - June 02, 2009, 09:54 AM

Did you watch the videos, Shaneequa?

There'll be a test!

Okay. I'll watch them. How long are they? And why did you take down your original 'Will the Real Muslim Please Stand up?'?
     Reply #12 - June 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

dance

So to clarify - you do accept evolution for all other species on earth, you just don't think humans evolved?

I believe we have have gone through some variations.
     Reply #13 - June 02, 2009, 10:07 AM

I believe we have have gone through some variations.

I'm still not clear on where you stand...

Do you believe that other species evolved through the process I outlined above?  And what "variations" do you believe we have gone through? 

Reply #14 - June 02, 2009, 10:34 AM

could you two explain the Big Bang theory?
     Reply #15 - June 02, 2009, 10:42 AM

could you two explain the Big Bang theory?

I don't know which two you're referring to, and physics isn't my thing any more than it is Shaneequa's, but I'll have a go.  The Big Bang Theory states that the Universe expanded from a very hot, dense state within finite time,  and is continuing to expand. 

Reply #16 - June 02, 2009, 10:50 AM

I don't know which two you're referring to, and physics isn't my thing any more than it is Shaneequa's, but I'll have a go.  The Big Bang Theory states that the Universe expanded from a very hot, dense state within finite time,  and is continuing to expand. 

so your going with the theory that everything was condenssed into a tiny spinning spot smaller than the period. is that what your saying?
     Reply #17 - June 02, 2009, 10:54 AM

so your going with the theory that everything was condenssed into a tiny spinning spot smaller than the period. is that what your saying?

That's a massive over-simplification, but I'll go with it for the moment just to find out where this is headed.   parrot

Reply #18 - June 02, 2009, 11:13 AM

That's a massive over-simplification, but I'll go with it for the moment just to find out where this is headed.   parrot

i wouldnt call it over simplification as this is what is taught in public schools and well state schools and colleges all over the world.

So if every thing was condenseed into a tiny little dot about the size of this period "." and it was spinning very fast and was very very hot, well when it expolded everything should be spinning the same direction.  This is called the Law of Angular momentum, when something is spinning in any direction, what ever comes off of or from that spinning mass will  be spinning the exact same way. We have whole galaxies that spin back wards, some that dont spin at all.

The same law applies to solar system formation, to which i am going to assume (that word means faith) that you also hold the standard excepted theory on, being that the sun spun up form itself and the planets from the spinning procces formed also from what was left, thus you can see angular momentum at work. Heres the kicker, everything should be spinning the same way, everything, well there not. 4 planets spin backwards.

Even when you get down to Jupiter and its moons, they should all be spinning the exact same way, most arent.

heck are moon dosent spin at all.

Reply #19 - June 02, 2009, 11:19 AM

So if every thing was condenseed into a tiny little dot about the size of this period "." and it was spinning very fast and was very very hot, well when it expolded everything should be spinning the same direction.

It didn't explode, which kinda makes the rest of your post nonsense.  The Big Bang theory states that the primordial hot, dense matter reduced in heat and expanded in space within finite time, and that it is still doing so and will carry on doing so indefinitely.  Its a gradual process, not an explosion. 

If your understanding of it is what was taught in your school, sue them.   Afro

Reply #20 - June 02, 2009, 11:54 AM

The rotation of planets is not the result of a rotation of the original universe during the "Big Bang". The rotation appears at a much later stage when the planets form from "clouds" of compacting matter. Gravitation makes particles move towards each other and form larger blocks of matter. When two particles meet, each particle has its own movement vector that it follows. If the two vectors are not exactly opposed, the combination of the vectors results in a rotation of the combined particles. The direction of that rotation depends on the direction and strength of the two earlier movement vectors. When billions of particles combine to form a planet, the direction of the rotation of that planet is a "random" result of the combination of all movements of all particles involved.

It is wrong to assume that all particles moved in the same direction (away from an imagined place where the Big Bang took place), because as said by Samantha, the Big Bang was not an explosion that resulted in matter moving away from the place of the explosion, but it is an ongoing expansion of space itself.

Reply #21 - June 02, 2009, 11:58 AM

and will carry on doing so indefinitely

This part is not certain, AFAIK
     Reply #22 - June 02, 2009, 12:02 PM

Okay Hassan. If I pass your quiz on the first video...do you promise not to make me watch the second video?

Quiz away.  bunny

p.s. I hope spelling will not count.  Wink
     Reply #23 - June 02, 2009, 12:03 PM

This part is not certain, AFAIK

I expect you're right, physics is really not my strong point.   thnkyu

Reply #24 - June 02, 2009, 12:08 PM

It didn't explode, which kinda makes the rest of your post nonsense.  The Big Bang theory states that the primordial hot, dense matter reduced in heat and expanded in space within finite time, and that it is still doing so and will carry on doing so indefinitely.  Its a gradual process, not an explosion. 

If your understanding of it is what was taught in your school, sue them.   Afro

gee thats what taught, even at some college levels, the "theory" of expanding is relativley new.  whistling2

Still, that does not dispute the fact that it was spinning and everything else should be to, there is no way around it.
     Reply #25 - June 02, 2009, 12:09 PM

The rotation of planets is not the result of a rotation of the original universe during the "Big Bang". The rotation appears at a much later stage when the planets form from "clouds" of compacting matter. Gravitation makes particles move towards each other and form larger blocks of matter. When two particles meet, each particle has its own movement vector that it follows. If the two vectors are not exactly opposed, the combination of the vectors results in a rotation of the combined particles. The direction of that rotation depends on the direction and strength of the two earlier movement vectors. When billions of particles combine to form a planet, the direction of the rotation of that planet is a "random" result of the combination of all movements of all particles involved.

It is wrong to assume that all particles moved in the same direction (away from an imagined place where the Big Bang took place), because as said by Samantha, the Big Bang was not an explosion that resulted in matter moving away from the place of the explosion, but it is an ongoing expansion of space itself.

no the rotation of the planets comes from the rotation of the acreation disc that formed from when the Sun itself was forming. To which everything in this solar system should be spinning the exact same direction. Its a shame its not.  Cheesy
     Reply #26 - June 02, 2009, 12:18 PM

Hey Dok,

Do you see there is a shout-box? I wish we could get ours on the side like that.
     Reply #27 - June 02, 2009, 12:23 PM

no the rotation of the planets comes from the rotation of the acreation disc that formed from when the Sun itself was forming. To which everything in this solar system should be spinning the exact same direction. Cheesy

That's wrong. The principle of relativity says that the overall movement of the disc plays no role in the interaction of the particles inside the disc.

Imagine me and you are running towards each other (not directly, but slightly shifted. When we are close to each other, we reac hands and continue to run. As a result, the two of us (two people holding hands) will rotate. The direction of rotation depends on how exactly we meet (our position and speed and what hand we use). If the place we do this happens to be on some kind of large merry-go-around, this doesn't change that the direction of our rotation is only dependent on the circumstances of our concrete meeting.
     Reply #28 - June 02, 2009, 12:24 PM

Still, that does not dispute the fact that it was spinning and everything else should be to, there is no way around it.

Can you give me a citation that the primordial, dense, hot matter was spinning according to Big Bang Theory, please?  I cannot find one.

You also have your facts wrong in a few other areas.  For example,

This is called the Law of Angular momentum, when something is spinning in any direction, what ever comes off of or from that spinning mass will  be spinning the exact same way.

That isn't the Law of Angular Momentum, this is ....

the angular momentum of an isolated system stays constant unless an external torque acts on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_momentum

Note the bolded part. 

Now, we know that bodies in our solar system have been acted on by external forces - from the gravitational pull of other bodies in proximity to them, and from collision with other bodies, (as evidenced by impact craters on their surfaces), for example.

IOW, the Law of Angular Momentum would not apply here even if the Big Bang had been an explosion, (which it wasn't).

Here's another example of a mistake on your part.

heck are moon dosent spin at all.

Honestly, you do need to sue whatever school you went to.  Our moon definitely rotates. 

Have you ever heard the term the 'far-side' of the Moon? Because of the effect on the Moon of tidal forces due to the Earth, the same side of the moon always faces the Earth. The rotation period and the orbital period of the Moon are the same. Therefore, Earth-bound observers can never see the 'far-side' of the Moon. Tidal forces cause many of the moons of our solar system to have this type of orbit.

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/the_universe/uts/moon1.html&edu=high

Reply #29 - June 02, 2009, 12:35 PM

That's wrong. The principle of relativity says that the overall movement of the disc plays no role in the interaction of the particles inside the disc.

Imagine me and you are running towards each other (not directly, but slightly shifted. When we are close to each other, we reac hands and continue to run. As a result, the two of us (two people holding hands) will rotate. The direction of rotation depends on how exactly we meet (our position and speed and what hand we use). If the place we do this happens to be on some kind of large merry-go-around, this doesn't change that the direction of our rotation is only dependent on the circumstances of our concrete meeting.

The LAW of angular momentum says it does. Imagine a mery go round going around and around and you are on it. It speeds up very very fast and you  hop off, you will be spinning the same direction  as the merry go round. This is a scientific LAW. it cannot be broken.  Smiley
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »