Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hi

(Read 32458 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hi
     Reply #90 - May 28, 2009, 07:03 PM

Ah, but at what time?  Tongue

Well Ap was at 5:30pm but I went out at 1pm or something had a few light drinks. Am on "Citalopram" my doctors a hijabi, imagine how embarrassing it is for me! so I really don't have time to  play games online when am feeling suicidal.

I studied unipolar in Psychology. It's the one that is usually triggered by the environment. Alcohol contributes to it too. Orgasms are good though, along with all physical exercises. And comedy. Do you like Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Well my orgasms are fine, I think when I said to her I have "wife problems" she might have taken it the wrong way.  Cheesy So when I am on this medication what is most likely to happen?

Relieve anxiety. What are you having anxiety about?

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #91 - May 28, 2009, 10:47 PM

i am muslim please ask me a question  grin12

please read my blog, read how islam will win
    the clash of civilization.

http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha
     Reply #92 - May 28, 2009, 10:58 PM

OK.  Would you burn your children if they became atheists?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #93 - May 28, 2009, 11:09 PM

What does the quran say about Christians?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExMuslims
    Council of Ex-Muslims of the Netherlands will be back!

Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change te world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
     Reply #94 - May 28, 2009, 11:45 PM

What does the quran say about Christians?

they belive in god and they will go to heaven or hell as muslims

Reply #95 - May 29, 2009, 12:07 AM

Hey Cheetah, how do you manage to edit your post and then take off the note that says when you last edited your post?

Reply #96 - May 29, 2009, 12:19 AM

i dont play god

Reply #97 - May 29, 2009, 12:54 AM

i dont play god

Very wise... ^_^
    Then you're one of the few muslims that I respect... xD
    I've made another thread for my question about Christians and the Quran...
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=5536

/
    Hey Cheetah, how do you manage to edit your post and then take off the note that says when you last edited your post?

You have a few minutes before that note is being added, right?
    And he's a global admin.
    Probably has access to the MySQL database...
    Awfully lot of work for something so small though... xD

Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change te world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
     Reply #98 - May 29, 2009, 12:54 AM

Well Ap was at 5:30pm but I went out at 1pm or something had a few light drinks. Am on "Citalopram" my doctors a hijabi, imagine how embarrassing it is for me! so I really don't have time to  play games online when am feeling suicidal.

I studied unipolar in Psychology. It's the one that is usually triggered by the environment. Alcohol contributes to it too. Orgasms are good though, along with all physical exercises. And comedy. Do you like Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Well my orgasms are fine, I think when I said to her I have "wife problems" she might have taken it the wrong way.  Cheesy So when I am on this medication what is most likely to happen?

I am actually having major depression, the suicidal kind.
     Reply #99 - May 29, 2009, 12:58 AM

Become addicted to games...
    That's what I did when I was depressed.
    Wouldn't be talking to you guys if World of Warcraft didn't exist...

Reply #100 - May 29, 2009, 12:58 AM

Is there a difference between major and unipolar??

Reply #101 - May 29, 2009, 10:19 AM

There are also hadith that show companions used sticks and broke them during the "hitting" - so when Muslims say the hitting should be "Light" - that simply means it should not be be so harsh as to break bones, tear skin, or cause sever bruising. (Wow! Islam really improved the lot of women  Roll Eyes )

Really? Will you be able to quote any of those? It would be helpful Smiley

"It is narrated from Asma bint Abu Bakr who said, "I was the fourth of four wives of al-Zubair. Whenever he would reprimand one of us, he would break off a branch from the wooden clothes hangers and beat her with it until he broke it over her." (Tahtheeb al-athar, Tabari)

But bear in mind that any Muslim you quote this to will throw it back and say 'Ah, but it's not a hadith of the prophet and not from Bukhari or Muslim. Though of course if some Tom, Dick or Harry said something they like in some obscure book that no-one's heard of - then it will suddenly become acceptable evidence Wink

You can always ask them why Mo didn't do anything about it if it was illegal to hit them that way. I stumbled across this hadith yesterday which is a pretty good one as it shows the man can beat his wife over the stupidest things-
    Sunan Abu Dawud
    Book 13, Number 2453:
    Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

A woman came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) while we were with him.

She said: Apostle of Allah, my husband, Safwan ibn al-Mu'attal, beats me when I pray, and makes me break my fast when I keep a fast, and he does not offer the dawn prayer until the sun rises.

He asked Safwan, who was present, about what she had said. He replied: Apostle of Allah, as for her statement "he beats me when I pray", she recites two surahs (during prayer) and I have prohibited her (to do so).

He (the Prophet) said: If one surah is recited (during prayer), that is sufficient for the people.

(Safwan continued:) As regards her saying "he makes me break my fast," she dotes on fasting; I am a young man, I cannot restrain myself.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said on that day: A woman should not fast except with the permission of her husband.

(Safwan said:) As for her statement that I do not pray until the sun rises, we are a people belonging to a class, and that (our profession of supplying water) is already known about us. We do not awake until the sun rises. He said: When you awake, offer your prayer.

finmad
     Reply #102 - May 29, 2009, 10:29 AM

The other reason I'm calling this a bullshit account (even if it isn;t tut) is the nauseating display of weakness and desire to be subservient to a man.

Most, nay practically the majority of women who convert to islam do so because they believe foolishly that it empowers them, that they are not beneath a man, but rather different from a man with two seperate yet respected role.

Not one of them that I have known has even converted because she wanted to be less than a man, that's just what happened after when they foud out they were cuckolded.

Go to a muslim forum and see how many muslim women there are actually prepared to admit that they are less than a man and meant to serve him, without adding in all the stipulations and parenthesis, and they will not do it.  They will all be saying subservient with plenty of add ons as to why it's not actually total subservience.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #103 - May 29, 2009, 10:36 AM

/

You have a few minutes before that note is being added, right?
    And he's a global admin.
    Probably has access to the MySQL database...
    Awfully lot of work for something so small though... xD

Haven't looked at the setting recently but I think it's a minute and a half. Gives you tme to check the post and correct any small errors. There are no database shenanigans involved. I have full access to the db and I can tell you nobody in their right mind would bother running database queries over such a trivial thing. In any case, moderators don't have database access. I rarely even need to use it myself.  Wink

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #104 - May 29, 2009, 10:37 AM

You can always ask them why Mo didn't do anything about it if it was illegal to hit them that way. I stumbled across this hadith yesterday which is a pretty good one as it shows the man can beat his wife over the stupidest things-
    Sunan Abu Dawud
    Book 13, Number 2453:

She said: Apostle of Allah, my husband, Safwan ibn al-Mu'attal, beats me when I pray, and makes me break my fast when I keep a fast, and he does not offer the dawn prayer until the sun rises.

He asked Safwan, who was present, about what she had said. He replied: Apostle of Allah, as for her statement "he beats me when I pray", she recites two surahs (during prayer) and I have prohibited her (to do so).

He (the Prophet) said: If one surah is recited (during prayer), that is sufficient for the people.

(Safwan continued:) As regards her saying "he makes me break my fast," she dotes on fasting; I am a young man, I cannot restrain myself.

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said on that day: A woman should not fast except with the permission of her husband.

(Safwan said:) As for her statement that I do not pray until the sun rises, we are a people belonging to a class, and that (our profession of supplying water) is already known about us. We do not awake until the sun rises. He said: When you awake, offer your prayer.

finmad

Abu Dawud is solid. Better than Tabari.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #105 - May 29, 2009, 10:43 AM

ays ask them why Mo didn't do anything about it if it was illegal to hit them that way. I stumbled across this hadith yesterday which is a pretty good one as it shows the man can beat his wife over the stupidest things-
    Sunan Abu Dawud
    Book 13, Number 2453:

finmad

Good hadith, I am saving it now.  Afro

Absolutely no reprimand for the husband for beating her, just advice on how she can better serve her husband so that he doesn't need to beat her anymore.  finmad

Reply #106 - May 29, 2009, 10:46 AM

I don't get it. What is the Sunan Abu Dawud hadith supposed to prove?

Reply #107 - May 29, 2009, 11:04 AM

Book 11, Number 2142:
    Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:
    The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

Reply #108 - May 29, 2009, 11:19 AM

i dont play god

That wasn't the question.  The question was would you burn your children if they became atheists?  Yes or no?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #109 - May 29, 2009, 11:29 AM

Abu Dawood is considered sahih (authentic). That hadith shows women can be beaten for pretty much anything as opposed to many muslim apologists who state that it has to be something severe in order to be hit Roll Eyes
     Reply #110 - May 29, 2009, 11:31 AM

Abu Dawood is considered sahih (authentic). That hadith shows women can be beaten for pretty much anything as opposed to many muslim apologists who state that it has to be something severe in order to be hit Roll Eyes

Are you sure - thought only Bukhari & Muslim were considered authentic?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #111 - May 29, 2009, 11:38 AM

They are the most authentic, but sunan abu dawud falls into the books that are considered the main hadith collections that are "accepted" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_major_Hadith_collections

Reply #112 - May 29, 2009, 11:44 AM

Are you sure - thought only Bukhari & Muslim were considered authentic?

Those two are the most revered but there are a total of 6 authentic hadith collection altogether (as Berbs linked to). Muslims will still point to certain hadiths and call them weak or unauthentic, sometimes they have a point (rarely though) but other times they just don't like that hadith.
     Reply #113 - May 29, 2009, 11:46 AM

Surely, Abu Dawood is Sunan. There are 2 sahih and 4 sunan.

But Muhammad is basically rebuking the person in the hadith by saying that his wife is permitted to read just one surah and thus, "you shouldn't be hitting her to read 2"...

That's what I understood from it.

Reply #114 - May 29, 2009, 11:49 AM

But Muhammad is basically rebuking the person in the hadith by saying that his wife is permitted to read just one surah and thus, "you shouldn't be hitting her to read 2"...

Sorry, I meant to say sunan.

And Mo isn't rebuking him, he's just telling the wife the reasons for her being hit. He didn't tell the husband off for hitting her.
     Reply #115 - May 29, 2009, 11:51 AM

Sorry, I meant to say sunan.

And Mo isn't rebuking him, he's just telling the wife the reasons for her being hit. He didn't tell the husband off for hitting her.

I thought Muhammad was telling the wife's husband (not the wife) that she is allowed to pray one surah, and therefore you shouldn't be hitting her to pray two.

Reply #116 - May 29, 2009, 11:54 AM

In the hadith the husband is complaining that his wife prays for far too long, so he beats her because of it, mohammed tells the wife to pary just one sura because that's what everybody else does.

The husband beats the wife for fasting too often because it messes with his sex life, mohammed tells the woman that no woman can fast without her husbands permission, therefore backing up a mans right to hit his wife if she fasts without his permission, all because she should actually be giving him sex.

Reply #117 - May 29, 2009, 11:56 AM

In the hadith the husband is complaining that his wife prays for far too long, so he beats her because of it, mohammed tells the wife to pary just one sura because that's what everybody else does.

The husband beats the wife for fasting too often because it messes with his sex life, mohammed tells the woman that no woman can fast without her husbands permission, therefore backing up a mans right to hit his wife if she fasts without his permission, all because she should actually be giving him sex.

Really? Wow, I really need to go back and read this hadeeth again... wacko

Reply #118 - May 29, 2009, 12:00 PM

Yeah look at this particular part:

Reply #119 - May 29, 2009, 12:04 PM

Yeah look at this particular part:

I've noticed a recurring pattern in the 3 situations in the hadeeth: The husband is allowed to prohibit something that is permissable for the wife.

But I thought that Muhammad said that nobody should prohibit what is permissable for his ummah, or something like that...

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »